Playstation 3 88 49.72%
Revolution 63 35.59%
X-Box 360 8 4.52%
All three of them 18 10.17%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-02-26, 20:23   Link #181
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
From what I recalled, the 360 has been using regular DVD format and has not yet been bumped into the HD DVD format just yet, thus not yet affected with this. It is true that the difference isn't dramatic in comparison with VHS to DVD, but that does not necessarily mean that Hollywood should screw over formats.

If Hollywood continues to so-called punish piracy by taking out loyal costumers who supported their products rather than finding a solution (making it extremely difficult since prevention is near-impossible), it's gonna punish many companies and more interested consumers that help supports that market.

If such is the case, then that's (Media Centers) is basically what the 360 and PS3 can offer. Now, I am unsure if the Revolution would get a major boost into this since it uses neither format. Then again, using just the Media Centers for 360 and PS3 is somewhat ignoring the Video Game factor built-in their systems and Game Developers showing passion into entertaining that branch.
Old 2006-02-27, 02:51   Link #182
rdkenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxplizit
O hell no!

http://gear.ign.com/articles/691/691408p1.html

If this is indeed true about HD-DVD and Blu-Ray, a MAJOR F*CK YOU TO HOLLYWOOD!! This is going to hurt a lot of video game developers who are currently developing games for the PS3 and XBox360. PS3 will be majorly hurt by this unless Sony can figure out a smart tactical business solution. XBox360's HD-DVD support will also be damaged by this, though they also got the regular DVD support alternative. Thanks for tryin to destroy the video game market, Hollywood, considering your lack of ability to protect your own stuff is what got you here in the first place! Imagine how many consumers are going to boycott this bullsh!t.
Jesus, they're only reporting this now? I knew this a while ago and Im not even searching for that kind of stuff. But yeah, its terrible what theyre doing.
rdkenshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-27, 11:16   Link #183
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

Send a message via AIM to xxxplizit Send a message via MSN to xxxplizit Send a message via Yahoo to xxxplizit
I knew something like this was going on months ago but it seems that they are making this "official" (or so it seems).
Old 2006-03-01, 20:42   Link #184
Angelic Cross
Soul-eating Librarian

More than 1000 dev kits for the Revolution have been shipped.

Wow. those dev kits are cheap. And the developers' statements also seem to make the $200-150 price range even more likely.

Also of interest:

Quote:
Asked whether or not Revolution's horsepower was insufficient, one development source said no. "At first, we were discouraged that it would be less powerful than Xbox 360, but once we got everything working with the controller, our concerns faded," he explained.

Other studios IGN Revolution has been in contact with have echoed this enthusiasm, always admitting that Nintendo's new console will be less powerful, but stressing that with the emphasis on the innovative controller it simply won't matter.
Angelic Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-06, 21:10   Link #185
Corn
Gotta kill 'em all!

Im really surprised at all the hatred towards the Xbox 360:S

I was thinking of buying one now when GRAW and Oblivion is just around the Corner>.< I just don't feel like making a 600 dollar pc upgrade and not even being able to play a few games with everything on high, even though I still play quite allot of PC(Have spent about 2500 hours with Guild Wars... Was much deeper than WoW, than I expected<.< )

Well.. Im sort of not surprised. The Famitsu top 100 japanese list of all time was simply awful. Japanese readers voted FFX as the best game of all time, followed by 4 other final fantasy and 6 Dragon quest games in the top 20. Talk about diversity in taste

It could explain why gaming in Japan seems to be going down. After SEGA sold out and became stupid, and with sonys new ideal which is killing the industry I just don't know anymore.

To me, Live Arcade seem like the single most important factor of this generation. I guess, people who don't appreciate indie games wouldnt be able to understand though^_^
Corn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 00:23   Link #186
rdkenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corn
Im really surprised at all the hatred towards the Xbox 360:S

I was thinking of buying one now when GRAW and Oblivion is just around the Corner>.< I just don't feel like making a 600 dollar pc upgrade and not even being able to play a few games with everything on high, even though I still play quite allot of PC(Have spent about 2500 hours with Guild Wars... Was much deeper than WoW, than I expected<.< )

Well.. Im sort of not surprised. The Famitsu top 100 japanese list of all time was simply awful. Japanese readers voted FFX as the best game of all time, followed by 4 other final fantasy and 6 Dragon quest games in the top 20. Talk about diversity in taste

It could explain why gaming in Japan seems to be going down. After SEGA sold out and became stupid, and with sonys new ideal which is killing the industry I just don't know anymore.

To me, Live Arcade seem like the single most important factor of this generation. I guess, people who don't appreciate indie games wouldnt be able to understand though^_^
How could you have been suprised? This IS an anime forum(Otaku Console of Choice = PS2). I was suprised that there was this much Nintendo love though.

Yeah, I cant believe that Famitsu top 100 list. FFX?! Seriously. It was like the readers thought "I guess I will pick the most Recent FF that was sort of good and was not an MMO."

Live Arcade and other online features definitely are not the most important factor this generation. The most important factors? Good games and marketability(who coulda guessed it?). Xbox Live is nice. Very very nice, but something like that isnt going to convince the mass market. What is the current adoption rate of Live? And how many games are being bought online? Remember to take note of how many units are out there and how many of the players are hardcore Xbox fans buying their next gen system at launch or early in its lifecycle.
Old 2006-03-07, 05:46   Link #187
Kiron22

I am suprised people are not buying the Xbox 360 by the truck loads I mean look at the varity it offers, Futuristic shooters and WW2 Shooters and Tatical Shooters and Deathmatch Shooters.
Kiron22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-07, 11:41   Link #188
ImperialPanda

Hahaha interesting.

This poll reflects this community fairly well. That is to say, on less Japacentric forums you'd see much more xbox360 votes.

Anywho, PS3 for me. FF and Okami (or okami's developers at any rate)
ImperialPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:22   Link #189
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
I'm just gonna sit back and watch how this console wars play out. Although I'm secretly rooting for X360 and Revolution (because more competition = price wars = cheaper consoles ), I'm not saying I won't buy PS3. I'll buy whichever that has the most games that interest me.

And when it comes to games that interest me, X360 actually got me interested a bit. Because all I play is RPG, so I can't wait to see how Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey turns out. I hope they totally kick ass. Especially Lost Odyssey. I can see that one is just going to be absolutely one hell of an epic.

I don't have that much of a reason to buy PS3 just yet, because they don't have many game announcements yet. I liked FF, but I like Xenosaga/Xenogears much more. And Xenosaga Episode III (PS2) is the last game in the series . As for MGS4, I'm not that interested - not a big MGS fan myself.

Now if they make more space-opera RPG like Xenosaga/Xenogears or remake FF7 for PS3, then I'm getting it. Here's hoping that FF13 goes back to the Sci-Fi roots of FF7/8 . Otherwise, I'm not going to stick to any one console just yet.

There's also a high chance of me getting the revolution - just because the controller totally kicks ass, and it's so much cheaper than the other two. I'm betting it's half the price of PS3
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-09, 18:22   Link #190
W-General
Bushinsoukou
*Scanlator

Send a message via ICQ to W-General Send a message via AIM to W-General Send a message via MSN to W-General
Accidental double post. Please delete.
W-General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 02:31   Link #191
rdkenshin

So hey, it’s like a day old but here it is anyway: PS3 delayed to November

Apparently there are some issues with bluray (what a surprise ). This really isn’t very shocking though, absolutely no one I have seen believed Sony’s whole “Spring 2006” line. If you did believe them I would advise that you work towards becoming less gullible.

This news is pretty bad for Sony in America. This will give the 360 6 more months to steal up markeshare, possibly more than 6 months if it releases in Japan only in the beginning. I can definitely see some displeased Playstation loyalists switching over to the 360 after such a long wait. If you’re in Europe, I’m so sorry, you may break up into tears right now. Go ahead, there’s no shame.

Maybe Nintendo will keep good on their promise to release before the PS3.

(I was going to make a new topic(so people actually know there is new news about the ps3) but I bet a moderator would have moved it to this thread or the $900 thread or some super old PS3 thread thats on, like, page 50 or something. So I decided to play it safe...)

EDIT: HOLY JESUS! They just had a big Sony confrence an hour or two ago, here are some details.

- Actually having a worldwide launch. You Europeans dont have to cry anymore!
- 60GB Hard Disk Drive
- Free Online service! But its similar to Lives Silver and Gold memberships. So expect to pay if you want to play games online, I guess...
- Kutaragi goes crazy and claims PS3 will be "4D" which is complete BS. Who does he think he's fooling?

I'll update with a link later, I'm reading this stuff on a different forum right now. I was really suprised by the worldwide launch announcement. Go check IGN 1up and GAF if you want sources.

Last edited by rdkenshin; 2006-03-15 at 03:38.
Old 2006-03-15, 03:59   Link #192
rdkenshin

Ok, here are all the details revealed at the Sony Conference:

Quote:
PS3: - World wide launch! PS3 will be released in november 2006 in Europe, Japan and USA! Price is somewhere in $400 range
- Right in the beginning 1.3 HDMI (High Definition Multimedia Interface)
- They manufacture 1 million PS3 per month till the launch, the pace exceeds PS2. Once release, Sony will unleash one million units per month with a total of six million units in 2006 alone.
- very game is on BD-ROM to prevent piracy... and devs should make games assuming their is a hard drive
- The network for PS3 is free of charge for the basic service
- Drive will be 60GB and run linuxOS
- (Onlinesta) the system will feature community tools including lobby matching and voice chat, commerce features that includes bootable software via the hard drive.
- Sony have confirmed that the PS3 will be backwards compatible with PS1 and PS2 titles and that these games, when played on PS3, will be displayed at high-definition resolutions (similar to what the Xbox 360 does with Xbox 1 games)

PSP: - The PSP userbase is 96% male and Sony views this as a problem. Ideally, the company would like more women to play PSP and Sony looks to widen the system's appeal to various demographics.
- PSP will get a videophone in Fall Exclamation and PSP EyeToy will be released.
- Starting this fall, the PSP will use RSS channel features. Video and voice-over-IP will release in October in "motion jpg" format. The PSP's own version of the EyeToy will launch a month earlier in September and the peripheral will feature EyeToy Play and video chat. The camera is sliver and it attaches to the USB port.
- Macromedia Flash will be supported in PSP by the next firmware update. Bootup from Memory Stick will be also supported in Fall.
- Official PSOne emulator for PSP

PS2: - no pricedrop
http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/v...216881&start=0
(Very reliable source because they copied what GAF said, ha)
Old 2006-03-15, 10:21   Link #193
uLTraCarL-
Planet uLTraCarL Inc
*Fansubber

Send a message via ICQ to uLTraCarL- Send a message via AIM to uLTraCarL-
Revolution first for me, then PS3 once that price goes down...

The Chronicles of uLTraCarL .. Youtube connection
[Ht] Hostile Takeover #hostile @ irc.gamesurge.net .. Anime-Kraze #anime-kraze @ irc.rizon.net
uLTraCarL- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-15, 14:40   Link #194
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Sony's trying to maintain the hype of the PS3, and they're being as ambitious as ever to keep it up. Interestingly, Sony also just lost a patent lawsuit for the rumble technology they use in their controllers. I forgot the exact number, but I think they have to pay $84 million. Let's just hope that they don't botch the PS3 itself, otherwise this could be the start of a downward trend for Sony's gaming division.
Old 2006-03-15, 18:23   Link #195
xxxplizit
triple-echhi

I knew Sony would lose the lawsuit over the patented Rumble technology. I am unsure if Microsoft is still involved, since they also have patented Rumble features in their controllers.

Though they lost the lawsuit, Sony is a multibillion dollar company anyways, so they have insurance policies to cover up. Though they are tryin to hype up the PS3, their main reason was based upon the BD-ROM security inspections.
Old 2006-04-27, 14:13   Link #196
dan88

Send a message via MSN to dan88
I would have voted for the Revolution but it seem they have decided to call it the ..... "Wii"
http://www.nintendo-europe.com/NOE/e...equestid=81212
http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=64153
I think it has to be a windup. Please, please.

The jokes have already started.....

Who wants a wee?
You could also pronounce this 'why' - as it WHY DEAR GOD?
I am so not having a Wii in the corner of my bedroom
You can play with each others Wii

Some suitable launch titles.....
Super Ma-Wii-o
Wave Race Wii: Golden Showers
Legend of Zelda: TWIIlight Princess
Sonic Wii .......a fast moving torrent of a game.
Animal Crossing wii .....the watering can is no longer required to freshen the flowers.
Super Monkey Wii - Touch and Slosh
Project Wii
Resident Wiivil

PS3 will "wee" all over the nintendo machine now no matter how piss poor it is!
Old 2006-04-27, 14:20   Link #197
madlobster

I looking forward to the PS3, but I'll probably have to take a Wii first...
madlobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:21   Link #198
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Wii (formerly Revolution) is what I am getting due to its interesting controller scheme and the awesome games that I foresee should come out for it.

My brother is getting a PS3 anyways so I don't really need one. But I play my ps2 very seldomly as it is, so why would I want another overpriced item that I will never play lying about?

Xbox 360 isn't that great. I may get one for Halo 3 (or whatever it will be called), but that is the extent to which I will most likely use it.

Since I'm a PC person, it takes really good games to get me to play a System; it looks like Rev will be hosting them. Im sure the other two will have their good games, but that is why I'll play one of my 7 siblings systems .
Orchunter226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:35   Link #199
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

I still remember back when the Ipod first came out and people laughed at the rediculous name. Now, it's practically a household term~

I~pod. I pod. Ipod.

Wii. Wee. We

I can see where Nintendo is going with this marketing approach.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:50   Link #200
MB™
Saizen encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan88
PS3 will "wee" all over the nintendo machine now no matter how piss poor it is!
U mean Pee-s3, I can make nonfunny pissjokes on that name as well.
MB™ is offline   Reply With Quote