AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2017-01-11, 01:32   Link #3521
Pierre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toullaty View Post
I don't believe that the girls and the harem are the focus of StB as you say.
Yes, the author uses the relationship between Kojou and the girls to make the story more attractive to a male audience.
But its events aren't important in the center of plot and the female characters, like Asagi, have other objectives and interests that only be near of Kojou.
They seem initially written like characters in their own right and not only as love interests.

Also, don't forget than the anime has increased the number of ecchi scene, wich was less numerous in the book.
Even if it stays however this kind of novel.
Since its a fantasy action harem instead of a slice of life, of course there is plot to be had, but DxD and STB are no less harem just because they have good plots to go along with the harem antics. Its still a harem, and one where that is the focus.

Also I dont get your point about Asagi and her objectives. Her only objective is Koujo, the fact that she has relevance to the story as Priestess of cain has nothing to do with her objectives because she doesn't know about it.

I feel like your are confusing Slice of Life harem one subgenre of harem, as harem the genre.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-12, 10:06   Link #3522
Toullaty

I want to say these actions during the novels. Easily, she will work on her side and doesn't stay glued to Kojou. It works also with others characters.

A story where I think that the harem is the focus is OreShura. The theme of harem can't to be removed without significantly to alter the story. In StB, if the girls were removed, the plot would not to be too changed.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-14, 20:04   Link #3523
beast 666
Dragon Of The Destruction

I am new to the thread the truth I really like this series, really like the attitude of Kojo and his powers make a badass character, although I wonder of a scale from 1 into 100 that so powerful is Kojo?
Old 2017-01-14, 22:14   Link #3524
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by beast 666 View Post
I am new to the thread the truth I really like this series, really like the attitude of Kojo and his powers make a badass character, although I wonder of a scale from 1 into 100 that so powerful is Kojo?
What's at 1 and what's at 100?

I mean, are we talking a scale of average soldier to The One Above All?
Old 2017-01-15, 12:46   Link #3525
AP24

The manga just ended and it only covered LN Vol 1-3 & 6.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 13:18   Link #3526
RDNexus

Is that a bad thing?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 14:09   Link #3527
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Is that a bad thing?
Not really, just the usual problem with manga adaptation of LN's .

Whatīs the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-15, 14:12   Link #3528
SILENTANIMELOVER

Most manga adapted from LNs never last too long. On top of that, crucial story arcs get skipped due to serialization release dates. Light novels are the better way to go for a nice read.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 10:20   Link #3529
darkdarkai

Hello guys i'm new here and i wanna ask is there a translated version of the strike the Blood EX in english and also is there a team who's translating these books because YenPress really have a lot of lights novels to catch up japanese LN
darkdarkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-18, 10:38   Link #3530
RDNexus

You can't ask here about those things.
Old 2017-01-20, 13:56   Link #3531
Jason_Wander
Harbinger

So the OVA is supposed to cover volumes 9,11, and 12 right/
But considering that
Spoiler for .:

so are they are just gonna ignore the stuff from Vol 8 and 9? I mean depending on how they do it that may work.
Old 2017-01-21, 18:14   Link #3532
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wander View Post
so are they are just gonna ignore the stuff from Vol 8 and 9? I mean depending on how they do it that may work.
I'd like to see the backers of StB take the Kizumonogatari route from the Monogatari series and make a prequel movie for StB showing how Kojou became the 4th Progenitor.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 18:16   Link #3533
RDNexus

Given how little of Yukina the past story has, I wonder if they'd have any interest.
They could have done so with the OVAs, but as you see, they totally skipped them.
Old 2017-01-21, 22:00   Link #3534
Ophis
Dragon God

Location: Beyond the stars turning left and after passing by a Super Nova enter the Black Hole. House N°∞
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
I'd like to see the backers of StB take the Kizumonogatari route from the Monogatari series and make a prequel movie for StB showing how Kojou became the 4th Progenitor.
I was think exactly that as well. Maybe they'll make a movie containing the happenings of volumes 7 and 8. That would be awesome.

PS: Or maybe it's just the worst possibility: they won't adapt volumes 7 and 8 because Avrora is just too great of a heroine, and that would overshadow their precious Yukina.
Ophis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-21, 22:40   Link #3535
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Given how little of Yukina the past story has, I wonder if they'd have any interest.
They could have done so with the OVAs, but as you see, they totally skipped them.
It doesn't have to be an issue. Didn't Kyoukai no Kanata, another LN adapted into an anime, have a prequel episode where the main heroine Mirai Kuriyama (also voiced by Risa Taneda) didn't have any spoken lines at all? I don't think the main heroine's popularity in that series was an obstacle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ophis View Post
I was think exactly that as well. Maybe they'll make a movie containing the happenings of volumes 7 and 8. That would be awesome.

PS: Or maybe it's just the worst possibility: they won't adapt volumes 7 and 8 because Avrora is just too great of a heroine, and that would overshadow their precious Yukina.
Unfortunately StB isn't anywhere near as famous as the Monogatari LNs or even the To Aru Majutsu no Index LNs, so whether they'll even adapt the prequel volumes of StB is anybody's guess. Yukina being promoted everywhere is apparently editorial interference, even though the other heroines have their fans.

By the way, did Silver Link give a reason why they ended up releasing the second season of the StB anime in OVA form? Without a TV broadcast they can't get ad revenue from sponsors who run ads during a broadcast. Is it because they wanted to focus on other shows like Masamune-kun no Revenge?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-29, 14:53   Link #3536
Jason_Wander
Harbinger

Well at least YP will be releasing volumes 7 and 8 in September 2017 and January 2018. BTW has anyone read their version yet? i am kind of scared too with how much they localize and remove honorifics. They did it really bad in Mahouka.
Old 2017-01-29, 17:40   Link #3537
sparhawk1610
Asura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wander View Post
Well at least YP will be releasing volumes 7 and 8 in September 2017 and January 2018. BTW has anyone read their version yet? i am kind of scared too with how much they localize and remove honorifics. They did it really bad in Mahouka.
It is not bad actually. At least for me. I have a couple of YP projects, and when you donīt really mind honorifics, it is pretty ok.
sparhawk1610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-31, 14:53   Link #3538
Frozen
海千山千

Bit late but finally bought the book. Will get around to reading it sometime soon.
Anyways, time for Illustrations....
https://imgur.com/a/8YGX8
----
Should be pretty obvious but the characters on colored illusts are as follows:
1. Lydianne Didier
2. Kojou&Shizuri
3. Yukina&Yuuma
4. Yuno&Rui
Old 2017-02-01, 16:01   Link #3539
Toullaty

Thank you for the illustrations. I am a little surprised with the reappearance of Yuuma. I thought they had forgotten her existence.

But the art seems weird, less detailed compared to previous volumes.
Toullaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-02, 12:52   Link #3540
haseo0408

Does anyone know when the next part of the OVAs are coming out?. Canīt wait to see the rest of the arc animated.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cringe heroine, dengeki bunko, fake harem, harem, open ending, strike the blood, vampires