AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-05-11, 06:38   Link #461
zeko

im new but i would like to ask something

Spoiler:
zeko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:03   Link #462
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Ore no Kouhai ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai!
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 10:34   Link #463
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoakeNoHikari View Post
Ore no Kouhai ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai!
thanks, but what does that translate to?
Old 2011-05-11, 10:41   Link #464
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeko View Post
thanks, but what does that translate to?
My junior can't be this cute.

The manga will start in the June edition of Dengeki's G Magazine.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 11:58   Link #465
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
My junior can't be this cute.

The manga will start in the June edition of Dengeki's G Magazine.
It's being drawn by the same artist that does the regular OreImo manga, right? Does that mean it will go on halt or will he work on the two at the same time?
Maugomale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-11, 12:57   Link #466
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maugomale View Post
It's being drawn by the same artist that does the regular OreImo manga, right? Does that mean it will go on halt or will he work on the two at the same time?
does the normal manga come out in normal periods of time? if so, then maybe. looking at the quality of the current manga and the distance between each chapter, it's kind of hard to imagine him taking that much time.
Old 2011-05-11, 13:28   Link #467
Maugomale

Quote:
does the normal manga come out in normal periods of time? if so, then maybe. looking at the quality of the current manga and the distance between each chapter, it's kind of hard to imagine him taking that much time.
They get released on a monthly basis.
Old 2011-05-11, 15:31   Link #468
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Yes, it'll be drawn by Ikeda Sakura, and as far as I know, they'll come out at the same time.
Old 2011-05-11, 16:17   Link #469
zeko

Quote:
They get released on a monthly basis.
judging by the quality of them (the anime design, manga design are way too different) i think the artest should not have a problem. most likely.

however, we may not know. is it confirmed that the same guy will do this manga too.
Old 2011-05-11, 17:14   Link #470
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
is it confirmed that the same guy will do this manga too.
Read my post above.
Old 2011-05-11, 21:15   Link #471
M.Marangio

Interview with some pics:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51257960.html

more pics (mostly already posted):
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51258204.html

warning: NSFW ads
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 01:38   Link #472
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Marangio View Post
Interview with some pics:
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51257960.html

more pics (mostly already posted):
http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51258204.html

warning: NSFW ads
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-12, 10:35   Link #473
Maugomale

Well, now that the romance with Kuroneko is over and she got her own spin-off, chances are her overall relevance in the story is gonna be reduced, and the next volumes will develop the Kousuka siblings's relationship even further. Maybe we'll finally get to know what's in Kirino's secret album and what drove their relationship to turn cold in the first place...
Old 2011-05-12, 14:07   Link #474
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Well, now that the romance with Kuroneko is over and she got her own spin-off, chances are her overall relevance in the story is gonna be reduced, and the next volumes will develop the Kousuka siblings's relationship even further. Maybe we'll finally get to know what's in Kirino's secret album and what drove their relationship to turn cold in the first place...
Personally, I think you're leaping to conclusions too early based on your previous posts 'shipping for an "incest end" . One could also observe that Kuroneko put the romance on hold until Kyousuke resolves his sibling issue (i.e. it can't go forward unless a number of issues are resolved). There's too little information to be certain of either view, especially since we know Kuroneko has a predilection for surprises (like her initial enrollment in Kyousuke's school).

However.... if Kuroneko does "vanish" after all that has happened, then I'll fault the author for jerking his characters around like a bad puppet show rather than developing an organically natural story. Almost any decent author will tell you that once they create the story its almost as if the characters are simply telling him/her what to record as it happens. Plus... Kirino and Kuroneko have too many character "light/dark" parallels ... it would simply be less interesting for the black cat to vanish.
Old 2011-05-12, 15:32   Link #475
Maugomale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Personally, I think you're leaping to conclusions too early based on your previous posts 'shipping for an "incest end" .
Indeed I could. I won't deny that I want the siblings to end up together. Then again, everyone assumed a Kuroneko end was certain after the events of volume 7, and look what happened...

Quote:
One could also observe that Kuroneko put the romance on hold until Kyousuke resolves his sibling issue (i.e. it can't go forward unless a number of issues are resolved). There's too little information to be certain of either view, especially since we know Kuroneko has a predilection for surprises (like her initial enrollment in Kyousuke's school).
You do have a point. However, I feel that, by giving up the advantage she had and letting the siblings resolve their relationship, this cuts her chances short. She already tightened the bond between them with the break up, and now, we have Kyousuke already considering the possibility of falling for Kirino were she not his sister, which is another big step for for them.

Can't help but think she was just another catalyst for more development between them, just like Mikagami.

Quote:
However.... if Kuroneko does "vanish" after all that has happened, then I'll fault the author for jerking his characters around like a bad puppet show rather than developing an organically natural story.
I don't think she'll vanish, but she'll probably revert to her pre-volume 5 status when it comes to her relevancy in the story. Misaka from Index proved that when a character gets a spin-off, her screentime in the main story is reduced. Whether this will happen to Kuroneko or not, only time will tell...

A Kirino end is not certain and I'm well aware of that. Still, I believe that now that we're getting close to a conclusion, the album and the siblings's past need to be properly explained. Leaving Kuroneko out of the fray and focusing the story on them for a while might be what the author is going for, as she's had the spotlight for quite a while now.

Last edited by Maugomale; 2011-05-12 at 16:07.
Old 2011-05-12, 16:14   Link #476
Rhystic

Quote:

I don't think she'll vanish, but she'll probably revert to her pre-volume 5 status when it comes to her relevancy in the story. Misaka from Index proved that when a character gets a spin-off, her screentime in the main story is reduced. Whether this will happen to Kuroneko or not, only time will tell...
The reason for a spin-off is character popularity, it doesn't mean less screen time. Index has a much larger cast, so of course Misaka won't show up quite as much after the sisters arc, but she still gets important development during this time.

As for the romance with Kuroneko, it's still to early to say it's over. The author may decide to go with an Ichigo 100% development.
Rhystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-12, 16:44   Link #477
zeko

Quote:
Spoiler:
Old 2011-05-13, 11:07   Link #478
larethian

volume 8 get! and I don't even need to order it. I'll just read 1 chapter tonight.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-13, 14:19   Link #479
zeko

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
volume 8 get! and I don't even need to order it. I'll just read 1 chapter tonight.
can you tell us what happens when you finish that chapter?

Spoiler:

Last edited by zeko; 2011-05-13 at 14:31.
Old 2011-05-13, 18:40   Link #480
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhystic View Post
The reason for a spin-off is character popularity, it doesn't mean less screen time. Index has a much larger cast, so of course Misaka won't show up quite as much after the sisters arc, but she still gets important development during this time.

As for the romance with Kuroneko, it's still to early to say it's over. The author may decide to go with an Ichigo 100% development.

Completely agree with that, besides, LN manga spin-offs/adaption rarely stick around past 5 volumes anyway.

As for Misaka, take away the sister arc which was character specific arc and crucial part of main plot, and her screen time in the novel was more or less the same in respect to Touma's screen time. I mean, Touma's screen time is also reduced in later volumes as well and he is the de facto lead character in the series. As Rhystic said,the cast of Index series has grown so big that instead of 1 lead character, the Author had stated the series now pretty much has three lead characters, and non of their name is Index. As the female lead of the series and the chracter whose name is used in the series title, Index has pretty much reduced to a side character. Forget about changing the title from Toaru Majutsu no Index to Toaru Majutsu no Touma It should change to Toaru Majutsu no Who The Heck is The Main Character?!!!

BTW, I still love the series, and was just trying ot make a point...

Back to Kuroneko, aside from V5 where Kirino is away and V8 romance, her screen time has more or less stay the same anyway and V5 was not the product of her popularity. When V5 synopsis was revealed in V4, the anime adaption was nowhere at sight and Kirino's popularity wasn't any less than Kuroneko's. (evident by fan letters revealed in authors corners on the back of the volumes) Kuroneko was popular than, but by most she hasn't overtaken Kirino yet. (even I didn't became Kuroneko fan until end of V3) Kuroneko's popularity explosion was mostly due to the the combination of her successful portrayal in the Anime adaption and failure of portrayal on Kirino's personality. As result while you can say the the romance "might" have been sped up due to her popularity, her screen time is bound to get increas in later volume as the #3 character anyway.

Not to mention it was only natural for Kuroneko's screen time to increase in later volumes ato begin with. Kuroneko lives close by Kosaka family(which already increased her screen time compare to Saori in V2 and V3) and that she now enters the same school as Kyosuke (a plot advance that ahd nothing to do with her popularity) pretty much guarantee that.

Even without the romance aspect and popularity increase, Kuroneko is gaining screen time with her and Kyosukr being in closer proximity (school) longer compare to Kirino (home). It would be weird if she didn't gain more screen time, since unlike Manami, who has nothing to do with Kirino, right non, Kuroneko is involved since the sibling reconnet. To me, is was way more forced to have Ayase and Manami hooked up just to make Manami's appearance to appear more natural and get Manami more involve. (even if Manami do turn out to be one of the main reason the sibling grew apart.) Any, in turn of screen time, Kuroneko has has the highest appearance in the series outside of Kyosuke and Kirino, and it has been that way since volume 1 and I don't see how her own manga will change that.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-05-13 at 19:02.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, romance, shounen, siblings