Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-16, 12:30   Link #1
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Neo Ranga

Hi peeps. I just recently dug through my racks of old anime dvds and found my half-finished box set of neo ranga DVDs back from around 1999. I remember liking the show quite a lot so i rewatched them. The series is still fun, if somewhat dated looking, and i dont remember the dub being as bad as it was, i had to switch to jap w/ subs after 3 eps.

Now heres the real point of this thread, does anyone know if its worth getting the 2nd season(last 3 DVD's) ? The 3rd DVD ended with quite a cliffhanger, and overall i was hoping for a lot more action/ god vs god fights in the 1st season. Does the 2nd season have a bit more action? Does the story stay as good as it was before? And does the series end well?

Those are the questions im asking, and hopefully someone can answer 1 or maybe all!
Old 2006-03-16, 16:49   Link #2
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Well, saw a boxed set of the entire series for $49 and thought,"why the hell not!"
and bought it, so I guess this thread should be deleted or something now
Old 2006-03-16, 17:45   Link #3
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drytchnath
Well, saw a boxed set of the entire series for $49 and thought,"why the hell not!"
and bought it, so I guess this thread should be deleted or something now
Please let us know what you thought of it!

I also watched the first season, but I didn't get the second season either. While I can't say that season 1 was truly great, it was quite unique and interesting. If you like the second season I'll probably acquire it as well.

Neo Ranga had the most unusual take on a giant robot I've ever seen. The main effect of Ranga was to cause them trouble with the neighbors, make them targets of the yakuza, instigate government take overs and of course, make them celebrities.

Quite unique indeed. I'd truly like to know what the second season has to offer.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-03-21, 01:17   Link #4
Drytchnath
Sexual Tyrannosaurus Rex

Just finished the 2nd season! Story pacing was a little hectic at times, but 15 minute epsiodes tend to do that. Ranga still has a ton of tricks and abilities to show! And of course there are some truly awesome fight scenes, and some silly/ humorous ones as well. They dont hurt the anime though, its actually a little refreshing to see a giant mech/god battle with a lighthearted tone. When you get into the last 20 (i think) or so episodes things get really interesting, i'll just leave it at that

All that said, heres the rundown on what the second season has to offer:
-slightly improved animation/production values theough most of the arc
-more backstory on Ranga, the Kyoshin, and another interesting group...
-Plot twists, murder, deceit, and occasional(sometimes frequent!)explosions, oh my!
-Oh yea, cant forget some really awesome god vs god battles as well.

If you liked the 1st season NoSanninWa I'm pretty confident you'll enjoy the second as well

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask away, and sorry about the late reply, I'll try to check back more often!
Closed Thread