AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-28, 04:07   Link #281
Westlo
Lets be reality

Andrew Cunningham from AnimeOnDVD said it was the demon, I know he has at least read the first 5 novels thus far for sure. If Seven Seas pick up Baccano! he will probably be translating it for them. He does Boogiepop for the Seven Seas and does translations for others like Faust, Kino no Tabi, Missing, Gosick, the Death Note novel, and Parasyte.

The demon is probably the character designers only real fault, looks way to much like Luck Gandor, but every other major/supporting character is unique enough looking, considering how big the cast is I guess you can't really fault him for that one slip up.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-28, 09:19   Link #282
TigerII
Pilot in Training

That would be awsome if the novels were actually picked up.
TigerII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-29, 01:26   Link #283
Orion9251

Wow this was one of the best anime series I have seen this year. For a series so short, they sure know how to grab the audiences' attention.
Orion9251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 19:49   Link #284
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oh wow, I just marathoned epi 7-13 and again wow! Im still a bit off in the time line and all but wow...this anime was just wow (have I said wow enough). Im eagerly awaiting the DVD bonuses and hoping to kami we see more of Huey in them! He got way too little air (imho).
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 20:40   Link #285
kauldron26
Med Student

this is just one of those shows that has to be marathoned to be enjoyed to the fullest.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 04:20   Link #286
blewin

yeah. You watch it one episode per day, and you lose track of things (just like my brother). I wonder how the Jap can watch one episode per week, and still manage to remember all the little pieces and piece them together!
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 05:16   Link #287
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I watched the show as it was released by Ayu and they sometimes had longer than a week between releases, yet I didn't lose track of things. Therefore it is far from impossible.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 06:34   Link #288
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh wow, I just marathoned epi 7-13 and again wow! Im still a bit off in the time line and all but wow...this anime was just wow (have I said wow enough). Im eagerly awaiting the DVD bonuses and hoping to kami we see more of Huey in them! He got way too little air (imho).
Going by the book covers Huey seems to be really involved in the two "Alice In Jails" light novels which are #8 & #9 in the series and are set in 1934 which is 3 years after the events of the The Grand Punk Railroad.

When you're only covering the first 4 novels out of 13 (and I'm sure there is more on the way) it's pretty much impossible for such a massive cast to get enough air time and development for all of them... I like Heuy but it looks like it focuses on him in the above two mentioned books as well as novel #11 which is set in 1705.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I watched the show as it was released by Ayu and they sometimes had longer than a week between releases, yet I didn't lose track of things. Therefore it is far from impossible.
Yeah there was sometimes 2-3 weeks in between episodes and I still kept track of most things or remembered them after seeing something that went down that line.
Old 2007-12-01, 18:38   Link #289
Westlo
Lets be reality

Here's an awesome timeline I saw linked on myanimelist forums.

http://natsuneko.animeblogger.net/wp...3/timeline.jpg

http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topici...w=20#msg302833
Old 2007-12-02, 15:41   Link #290
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Failed, I can't see that timeline. Is this blog the source?

http://natsuneko.animeblogger.net/20...e-13-timeline/
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 20:05   Link #291
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

My biggest problem was I kept forgetting that the Grand Punk Railroad took place in 1931, for some reason I kept reversing the stuff that was going on in 1932 with the stuff in 1931. Stupid question but when Firo and Luck get shot at in epi 2 (I think) and Firo's fingers reattach...that happens in 1932 right? If not please correct me cuz again, Im a bit confused on when Firo and Luck became immortal.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-02, 20:52   Link #292
Zaresh
Caperucita Roja

Quote:
My biggest problem was I kept forgetting that the Grand Punk Railroad took place in 1931, for some reason I kept reversing the stuff that was going on in 1932 with the stuff in 1931. Stupid question but when Firo and Luck get shot at in epi 2 (I think) and Firo's fingers reattach...that happens in 1932 right? If not please correct me cuz again, Im a bit confused on when Firo and Luck became immortal.
I think so; Firo says he is one of the Castillos, doesn't? And he and Luck were shoot down by Runoratas... They are at war, and that happens in 1931-32.
Zaresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 23:58   Link #293
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Im a bit confused on when Firo and Luck became immortal.
Spoiler for episode 13:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-03, 01:05   Link #294
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Spoiler for episode 13:
Oh, I see, I was thrown off since I thought that happened in 1932 So really the final epi 13 happened in 1930 right before the train incident? I think I need to watch Baccano one more time straight through Though marathoning 7-13 did help alot.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-03, 01:18   Link #295
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

You are confused. Part of episode 13 happened in 1930, part happened in 1931 and part happened in 1932. Most episodes took place in multiple time periods and if you didn't catch that you must be utterly befuddled by the show.

Old 2007-12-03, 01:26   Link #296
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
You are confused. Part of episode 13 happened in 1930, part happened in 1931 and part happened in 1932. Most episodes took place in multiple time periods and if you didn't catch that you must be utterly befuddled by the show.
Yeah I go that, Im just saying the very end part (sorry didnt specify what part of 13) took place in 1930 since thats when the party is going on.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-12-03, 01:29   Link #297
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Yup. You got it now. That was the party that was taking place to celebrate Firo's entry into the mob, just before the showdown with Szillard.

Old 2007-12-03, 02:54   Link #298
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
just had to say that this was a great series...
i marathoned everything a few days ago and the day after that i rewatched the whole series then rewatched it for the second time the day after...
and eventhough i have a ton of backlogged anime the rewatches were not in vane...

i learned/discovered/noticed a few things in every watch...
like in my second watch i noticed that Chane was signaling Vino that she can't talk...
and on my third rewatch i noticed Chane jumping off the train in the background while Nice's group were dropping their treasure off...
also... in every watch i'm wondering what's the reason why the Gandor's didn't eat Dallas' group... were they that sadistic that they would let them suffer eternal drowning... and it's impossible that they couldn't know about eating immortals since they all watched Firo eat Quates...

this anime imo really needs to be watched a few times to really appreciate...
i can't believe this was in my backlog for such a long time...
and here's hoping that there'll be a sequel coming soon...
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-03, 02:59   Link #299
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

I think they just didn't want to eat Dallas' little group. They were all "made men" while Dallas and his group were just little punks who weren't worth eating. Besides, they were all quite used to sinking their enemies in the river so it was mostly business as usual as opposed the bizarre and gruesome idea of eating their enemies.

Old 2007-12-03, 03:05   Link #300
Seditary
Ooooo what?!

Eternal drowning sounds worse to me than being eaten through someone's hand, oddly enough.

Tags
action, brains-base, crime, historical, shounen, supernatural