Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-27, 20:02   Link #141
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolcik View Post
I checked the last chapter while reading this one, plus you can see in the flashback, that Inazuma was a dude and now is a girl Oo and a hot one.
Speaking of which, what are the chances that either Inazuma and/or Emporio Ivankov would become new members of the Strawhat crew once Impel Down is destroyed and the events in movie 10 are overwith?
Old 2009-03-27, 21:21   Link #142
james0246

^What does Movie 10 have to do with anything?

That being said, I would love for Ivankov to be on Luffy's crew, if onyl for awhile, but he/she/it seems to have a good thing going on right now, so I doubt that he/she/it will want to leave their adoring fans anytime soon. Then again, Ivankov could ave a dream of recliming the throne, which could lead to a fun side-adventure to Okama land where it will turn otu that a woman who pretends to be a Man is the one who took the throne after Ivankov left (she is known as the King of the Okama ), and Luffy and friends will reunite with Sanji while putting Ivankov back on his/her/its throne.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:07   Link #143
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That being said, I would love for Ivankov to be on Luffy's crew, if onyl for awhile, but he/she/it seems to have a good thing going on right now, so I doubt that he/she/it will want to leave their adoring fans anytime soon. Then again, Ivankov could ave a dream of recliming the throne, which could lead to a fun side-adventure to Okama land where it will turn otu that a woman who pretends to be a Man is the one who took the throne after Ivankov left (she is known as the King of the Okama ), and Luffy and friends will reunite with Sanji while putting Ivankov back on his/her/its throne.
That would be so awesome. Also, if he was to join the crew, he should change all of the strawhats into the opposite gender. That way, there would be seven girls and two boys. Then, people would stop complaining about the crew being such a sausage fest.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:26   Link #144
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
That would be so awesome. Also, if he was to join the crew, he should change all of the strawhats into the opposite gender. That way, there would be seven girls and two boys. Then, people would stop complaining about the crew being such a sausage fest.
Not only that, but that should provide them with good disguises to hide them from the Marines. In fact, Ivankov could turn Ace and other prisoners on "his" level into the other gender and... Wait a minute...

Uh, forget what I just said.
Old 2009-03-27, 22:39   Link #145
marvelB

As much as I like the idea of Ivankov or Bon Clay joining, I can't help but think that people will complain about the crew having too many "wierdos" (we can't exactly call Chopper, Franky or Brooke normal now, can't we?). And besides, if Iva's ability really is to reverse things, then his powers might prove to be a wee bit too broken by SH standards (it wouldn't make for a very exciting journey for the crew if Iva can turn all the biggest, strongest men into weak little girls now, would it?). I still think feel the last member will be a New World native....
Old 2009-03-27, 23:29   Link #146
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
One thing we gotta remember though, is that both Ace and Jinbei are "special" prisoners. Ace was already said to be the world's most important prisoner, so it actually makes sense to lock him up somewhere out of the ordinary. And yes, Jinbei's only locked up because he refuses to fight Whitebeard, but recall that he's seriously considering giving up his Shichibukai position as well. Plus, considering the reputation the both of them have (Ace being one of Whitebeard's top commanders, Jinbei most likely being a former member of Fisher Tiger's old crew), it actually makes sense to have them locked up in the "secret" levels. Also, remember when that guard chick told Hancock that both of those guys (along with Crocodile) showed no signs of being affected by the "baptism" that prisoners go through? That's enough of a hint right there to show us what sort of prisoners those guys are.....

Now, while it's true that Ace's level didn't look too special from what we've seen so far, that's the thing.... it's only what we've seen so far. It's not like the entire level was revealed to us yet. For all we know, Ace could be held in a central tower like Luffy was and the actual surroundings would be... I dunno, maybe something like the River Styx (it'd be fitting since the prison shows inspiration from the Divine Comedy).

As far as the other prisoners go, it's been hinted as to what sort of guys they are when Crocodile talked about Whitebeard and the "silver medalists".... suddenly, those guys all piped up about wanting to kill Whitebeard. Sure, they didn't all have unique designs that stood out, but that doesn't mean they have no importance in the story's perspective. It's not like all of the level 5 prisoners stood out, either.... and we're talking about guys who have bounties over 100 million, here. It's more like Oda is showing just how big the world is by revealing that there are several pirates who could be around the same level as the Yonkou......

Therefore, I wouldn't be so hasty as to judge Ace's floor as being "ordinary" until Luffy or whoever else comes for him actually reaches the place in question ....
It's not so much the level of power that they are at, but that concept of "being erased from history"... i mean, when you talk about it like that, the thing that comes to mind is a place were you lock someone up and throw away a key; a floor that has an entrance but literally has no exit; a place where once you enter you are never heard from again

Jinbei and Ace don't fit in with such a concept because they will be seen again... Ace was gonna come out to face execution, and Jinbei they were hoping was gonna wise up and keep his title (only after the offer expires would they throw away jinbei for good)

It gives me a bit of a sense of disappointment that floor 6 would be nothing more then just another floor like any of the other 5... only difference being that the guys there are stronger than the last floor (which is how you could describe floors 2-5 aswell)... it seems less dangerous and sinister

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
As much as I like the idea of Ivankov or Bon Clay joining, I can't help but think that people will complain about the crew having too many "wierdos" (we can't exactly call Chopper, Franky or Brooke normal now, can't we?). And besides, if Iva's ability really is to reverse things, then his powers might prove to be a wee bit too broken by SH standards (it wouldn't make for a very exciting journey for the crew if Iva can turn all the biggest, strongest men into weak little girls now, would it?). I still think feel the last member will be a New World native....
Who says they guys become weak when they become girls... if we learned anything from Amazon Lily, it's that visual muscle mass =/= strength

the amazons, Boa, Califa... women of incredible strength but as slender as any other pretty girl... then we have muscle bound characters like Ms.Monday who, while still pretty strong, are considerible weaker than those who LOOK like they have less muscle

So just because the muscle bound piate was turned into a slim and sexy girl, doesn't mean his strength has significantly diminished along with his visual muscles (though maybe a bit to keep Kunia's words true)... remember this is Oda we are talking about, not Kishi

Speaking of this though, i really do expect that pretty soon Bon Clay will be turned into a girl
Old 2009-03-27, 23:48   Link #147
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Speaking of this though, i really do expect that pretty soon Bon Clay will be turned into a girl
...only to immediately turn himself back...which will lead the other Okama to proclaim him as their new Princess (since he has the ability to change his sex when ever he desires). This could also solve our dilemma of wanting to see (some of) the Strawhat crew as different genders - Bon Clay could transform into Nami, Zoro, Usopp, Luffy, Chopper, and conceivable Sanji and Robin, and then Ivankov could switch their genders.

I wonder if the conversation process is based on initial attractiveness. Specifically, Inazuma looked fairly average as a man, and he was fairly average as a woman. But, the canon-wielding fiend looked a little messed up, and he then became a very attractive woman. So, maybe the more Ugly you are, the more beautiful you become when you are converted (and vice versa). So, people like Usopp (at least his nose ) and Bon Clay would turn into stunning beauties, whereas someone like Hancock would turn into the ugliest creature in existence .

Then again, maybe the power is based on present amount of femininity and masculinity. So, a man that is very masculine (deep voice, bulging muscles, scars...more or less the canon-wielding fiend), would turn into a very feminine woman (and vice versa).

Whatever the case, I wonder would happen to Brook if he were changed from a man to a woman. It would be hilarious if all that changed was his voice .
Old 2009-03-28, 00:48   Link #148
Rainbowman

Indeed Ivankov's gender changing powers could prove useful. Also it would be a highlight if any new members were born under Gemini.

@ james0246: movie 10 may or may not feature any of the new members at that time according to the trailer.
Old 2009-03-28, 01:30   Link #149
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I wonder if the conversation process is based on initial attractiveness. Specifically, Inazuma looked fairly average as a man, and he was fairly average as a woman. But, the canon-wielding fiend looked a little messed up, and he then became a very attractive woman. So, maybe the more Ugly you are, the more beautiful you become when you are converted (and vice versa). So, people like Usopp (at least his nose ) and Bon Clay would turn into stunning beauties, whereas someone like Hancock would turn into the ugliest creature in existence .

Then again, maybe the power is based on present amount of femininity and masculinity. So, a man that is very masculine (deep voice, bulging muscles, scars...more or less the canon-wielding fiend), would turn into a very feminine woman (and vice versa).
That second theory sounds more likely... Inazuma as a man was not ugly and was pretty as a woman; so that first theory does not pan out... Furtharmore, Inazuma was also very feminine as a man, and as a woman their was little change; so that might lend credit to the theory that the more masculine you are, the more feminine you become and visa versa

Quote:
Whatever the case, I wonder would happen to Brook if he were changed from a man to a woman. It would be hilarious if all that changed was his voice .
His bone structure would probably change somewhat
Old 2009-03-28, 01:41   Link #150
james0246

Quote:
His bone structure would probably change somewhat
LOL, He would lose a rib .

Last edited by james0246; 2009-03-28 at 01:55.
Old 2009-03-28, 02:50   Link #151
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
then we have muscle bound characters like Ms.Monday who, while still pretty strong, are considerible weaker than those who LOOK like they have less muscle
...Zoro looks like he has less muscle? 0_0
If Ivankov changed Sanji's sex he would hang out with Duval screaming "SO PRETTY!"
I think it's still too early to recruit another member, but if someone was to hop on board, I'd rather see Bon Clay than Ivankov, after all they've known Mr.2 for a lot longer and Ivan seems like an important person...
Old 2009-03-28, 08:17   Link #152
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Because of lack of gender diffrence in speech in English, there was one thing that may have been lost in the translation.

The macho-man who was turned into a girl, and ran off... His speech turned into that of a girl also.
Apparantly, that genderbending acupuncture not only turns physical sex instantly, but sexual mentality as well.
Old 2009-03-28, 09:01   Link #153
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Because of lack of gender diffrence in speech in English, there was one thing that may have been lost in the translation.

The macho-man who was turned into a girl, and ran off... His speech turned into that of a girl also.
Apparantly, that genderbending acupuncture not only turns physical sex instantly, but sexual mentality as well.
Well, the hormones not only modified him physically, but also changed the brain structure. Science has shown that male and female brains are fundamentally, structurally different, so they think, behave and speak differently.

But anyway, I think I could join the New-Kama society, see that I've been carrying my sig for a while, is a Seitenkan follower and have always loved traps as well.

Ignore gender and kick sexuality to the curb!!
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-28, 10:55   Link #154
marvelB

Quote:
It's not so much the level of power that they are at, but that concept of "being erased from history"... i mean, when you talk about it like that, the thing that comes to mind is a place were you lock someone up and throw away a key; a floor that has an entrance but literally has no exit; a place where once you enter you are never heard from again

Jinbei and Ace don't fit in with such a concept because they will be seen again... Ace was gonna come out to face execution, and Jinbei they were hoping was gonna wise up and keep his title (only after the offer expires would they throw away jinbei for good)

It gives me a bit of a sense of disappointment that floor 6 would be nothing more then just another floor like any of the other 5... only difference being that the guys there are stronger than the last floor (which is how you could describe floors 2-5 aswell)... it seems less dangerous and sinister

This is something I've been meaning to address for a while: How do we know for certain that the "monsters" in level 6+ refer to the prisoners? All we know is that Buggy said he heard a rumor that the secret levels held "slumbering monsters that were so evil they were wiped from history". Maybe this means that there are jailer beasts more terrible than the ones on the upper floors guarding the prisoners down there (recall how the wolves in level 5 were considered to be a lot more dangerous than the beasts in level 2). And yes, there's also the chance that it's a reference to the prisoners, or maybe even a bit of both. All I'm saying is that we shouldn't go counting our chickens before they've hatched. There may be more to Ace's level than meets the eye......

....Or maybe the monsters in question are the okamas throwing wild parties in level 5.5. Again, we just have to wait and see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Well, that would explain why (s)he ran off all embarassed. But who knows? Maybe (s)he'll come to accept his gender-swap and live as happily as his fa- er, mother currently is.

And back to the subject of men weakening when becoming girls, I guess I was just reminded of Ranma 1/2, where Ranma would become weaker when he switches to his female body. I kinda figure the same may apply with Iva's power, since the guys who undergo the change wouldn't be used to fighting as a female. I'm aware that the series has its share of strong females, but I'm pretty sure that none of them were born as men.... at least, I hope not......

Last edited by marvelB; 2009-03-28 at 11:08.
Old 2009-03-28, 15:06   Link #155
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Does anyone else not feel this but me...? I mean...No one has mentioned how Impel Down the so called Impenetrable inescapable prison of the entire One Piece world entire reputation has been shot by not only having Luffy sprint through levels like a track meet but having an Okama party below? Then I wake up to more crap by having Hannyabal getting played by a Bon Clay simple-minded diversion? From what I've seen Impel Down's guards and so called "heads" are made to look like fools. Seriously the only one's that did its job in this prison was the Minatarous and Magellan.
Old 2009-03-28, 15:20   Link #156
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

The truth is that Impel does live up to its reputation, so far only 1 person escaped and 1 penetrated, but haven't escaped. The Okama are still in Impel Down itself, its not like they're out of it.

Alcatraz was also an inescapable prison and still called now, even when there were more than 10 attempts and 3 actually escaped together and was never found.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2009-03-28, 16:11   Link #157
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
So Having Okama's freely playing pool downstairs is your idea of a great prison? I mean, one of your guards was made to look like a fool strung up in strawberry boxers? Luffy was In-N-Out levels like a hamburger? His only times he was really tried was against Minatarous and Magellan. Impel down has lost it's intimidation factor, nothing to make you go "dang this ain't DisneyLand this is the House of Horrors!"

It's just not there for me...
Old 2009-03-28, 16:21   Link #158
Master Mold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Does anyone else not feel this but me...? I mean...No one has mentioned how Impel Down the so called Impenetrable inescapable prison of the entire One Piece world entire reputation has been shot by not only having Luffy sprint through levels like a track meet but having an Okama party below? Then I wake up to more crap by having Hannyabal getting played by a Bon Clay simple-minded diversion? From what I've seen Impel Down's guards and so called "heads" are made to look like fools. Seriously the only one's that did its job in this prison was the Minatarous and Magellan.
Its a shame, Hannyabal wasn't even really phased by Boa either, yet a shape shifting cross dresser gets by with that trick.
Old 2009-03-28, 16:33   Link #159
Wolcik

Send a message via MSN to Wolcik
Maybe Hannybal focus on his ambition more when he's around Magellan - so he thought of his position more than about Hankock.

If you watched any Mafia movie, you can see that there are people that nearly have a pool that prison guards change water in Oo so having one without the guards knowing isn't a bad thing - Iva isn't a legend in ID.

Maybe Ace's level isn't the no-return level. It might be one above, like death row level.
Old 2009-03-28, 17:03   Link #160
marvelB

The way I see it, the prison's gotta be doing something right, because while it's true that we've got a bunch of rowdy trannies partying in the prison, it's not like any of them actually escaped the place, right? Maybe they accepted their fates and decided to rot in prison gracefully rather than irking their existence with grief and sorrow like the rest of the prisoners there.....
Closed Thread