AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Darker Than Black

Notices

View Poll Results: Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 02 Rating
Perfect 10 45 38.14%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 30.51%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 21.19%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.78%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-19, 01:51   Link #181
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
As far as i understand contractors use their power first then Remuneration for it and not the other way around.
Not necessarily. Remember Wei Zhi Jun from S1? He had to cut himself first (his remuneration) before he could use his power (he needed his blood so he could blow things up).

Not sure about Shion, I haven't really paid much attention to him. Same with Suou. cuz they both annoy me
Old 2009-10-19, 03:22   Link #182
kamikazex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
This episode was epic.

Darker than Black fully deserved the sub forum. Best show this season .

It would be interesting if Hei lost his powers.... The director did say he wanted ot defy expectations. So far he seems to be doing so quite successfully. Hei will kick ass regardless though.

i agree episode 2 was simply too awesome
Old 2009-10-19, 04:05   Link #183
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I think the woman with glasses who is with the lightsaber/golem duo is incredibly cute
Also I WANT MORE of the twins in the OP =3
Old 2009-10-19, 06:40   Link #184
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrebMarkt View Post
The mystery is Shion used his power in the past as he was still paying his Remuneration at the start of the anime. As far as i understand contractors use their power first then Remuneration for it and not the other way around.

So when & why he used his power.
What if his power was to reanimate a dead corpse for a certain period? Dad actually died during the meteor fall. Shion reanimated him. Dad was productive for that time and then when Shion paid his dues, Shion said "Time for me to go dad. Thanks for all the fish."

Hei came in at the end of dad's "life expectancy". Hei zapped a zombie which was why he told the CIA what he did. That's why the corpse looks the way it does. April's face wasn't distorted like Shion's dad.
Old 2009-10-19, 06:52   Link #185
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
What if his power was to reanimate a dead corpse for a certain period? Dad actually died during the meteor fall. Shion reanimated him. Dad was productive for that time and then when Shion paid his dues, Shion said "Time for me to go dad. Thanks for all the fish."

Hei came in at the end of dad's "life expectancy". Hei zapped a zombie which was why he told the CIA what he did. That's why the corpse looks the way it does. April's face wasn't distorted like Shion's dad.
Sounds interesting. I mean getting zaped usually leave signs. And there were non of thoese on the body.
Old 2009-10-19, 09:05   Link #186
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Anyone has any info on the traps used to catch Hei? They looked pretty nasty i cant tell if the attack was some physical or some type neurological attack.
Old 2009-10-19, 10:38   Link #187
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Anyone has any info on the traps used to catch Hei? They looked pretty nasty i cant tell if the attack was some physical or some type neurological attack.
Its hi-tech sci-fi sheet, could be both, could be anything. We got the "gate matter" and "anti-gate matter" last season; maybe this is like anti-skill or anti-contractor device. Should probably worry more about that weird medallion, looks like a deus ex machina. We'll find out in 3 days. That said, unless I'm mistaken this is the first time they appear in the anime so any response would classify as a spoiler (or what ever), try asking in the Spoiler thread or the Q&A thread.
Old 2009-10-19, 12:47   Link #188
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Should probably worry more about that weird medallion, looks like a deus ex machina.
That lens-like thing Suou's wearing as a medallion should actually be the same thing as the Meteor Fragment that that guy Nick stole from Pandora and Hei then stole from him in season 1 during that mission when he infiltrated Pandora.
Old 2009-10-19, 13:03   Link #189
Xacual

Well we don't know for sure what the pendent is, assuming its the meteor fragment just because everyone is looking for it would seem odd.

Though honestly thinking about it, I wouldn't be surprised if its a piece of the meteor fragment and Shion has the other piece.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-19, 13:10   Link #190
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

The meteor fragment is the shape of a telescope lens, they show it in the first episode right at the start. Well I guess it could be they had telescopes with them and didn't show them and it magically fell out of the frame with out smashing... but what are the odds of that. The problem: it looks like it might be the fragment (its round and has that magic glow) but its kinda small. I guess its not unlikely its smaller compared to the one at PANDORA in S1.
Old 2009-10-19, 15:01   Link #191
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Sounds interesting. I mean getting zaped usually leave signs. And there were non of thoese on the body.
Getting zapped by Hei doesn't leave anything on the body, asides from a horrified expression. Although the rest of that theory is interesting.
Old 2009-10-20, 04:11   Link #192
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I remember someone to use an anti-tank-rifle in Elfen Lied, 1st episode, aswell.
Old 2009-10-20, 09:36   Link #193
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Ho ho, I see some people have forgotten some [not so important] details from the first season:
  • The professor's expression is the characteristic expression of all (most) electrocuted victims in the series.
  • The meteor fragment can be broken up and will be reconstructed [magically] when the pieces are joined together (as Amber demonstrated).
  • When Contractors become Regressors, their star's luminosity fades from observable magnitudes (it disappears from the sky). The same happens when a Contractor's ability is forcefully suppressed (Mai), sometimes becoming Moratoriums.
  • Regressors can regain their abilities (and memories lost during the ability's wiping) by going into or near a Gate (Havoc).
From these, we can say that maybe the pendant contains a piece of the meteor fragment, hence why it resonated/reacted to the field that was supposed to neutralize Hei's ability (or maybe it was actually reacting to Hei's ability, and would then cause the device to fail?).

Now, adding a few questions... First:
If meteor fragments come from falling Contractor stars, which one hit the twins' camp?
We know that the impact happened sometime during S1 Ep23-25. More realistically, it was on the Meteor Shower ep (24), since it's evening in Russia (supposedly, the twins were somewhere near the current story setting, which is not far away from Japan at all to have a 12+ hour time gap). So if we did know which one it was, what does it mean then? Are the powers transferred?

Next:
What is Shion's ability?
It could be some form of precognition, as he predicted the raid on their house. Now, how is it done? Mind reading / thought scanning? or knowing exact future events through temporal manipulation ala-Amber1? Nevertheless, it should be related to telepathy (or maybe that bit in Ep01 was something else) -- won't be the first time we got a rogue psychic Russian .

Then:
What is up with Shion's right eye?
Quick analysis implies that his left eye is blind, thus the fogged/clogged up lens (cataract-like). Why does he cover it though during his remuneration? Perhaps it's related to his ability?

Lastly:
What happened to August 7?
Why did Suou charge in going Nooooo when Hei was about to stab him, or was it really him underneath that coat? If it wasn't him, how did Suou know? If it was him, why would she do that? I mean, she didn't even flinch when Hei electrocuted him and now when he goes for the stab she goes all emo over someone she apparently doesn't know?

1As unlikely this is given his rather "safe" remuneration, I'm still hoping for more signs of Amber this season. We got our epic November 11 homage in Ep01, maybe we could get something Amber-related soon (there's still the old Stargazer back in the observatory).
Old 2009-10-20, 18:16   Link #194
DangerMouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
[*]The meteor fragment can be broken up and will be reconstructed [magically] when the pieces are joined together (as Amber demonstrated).
[*]When Contractors become Regressors, their star's luminosity fades from observable magnitudes (it disappears from the sky). The same happens when a Contractor's ability is forcefully suppressed (Mai), sometimes becoming Moratoriums.
Yeah, I see the reconstruction thing with the twins each having a piece coming into play.

Thank you, that was the example I thinking of, the reason his star has faded is since he's in the anti-contractor field. Losing his powers is jumping to conclusions. For all we know it may only effect contractor abilities while someone's in the field hence why it has to stay on constantly like it is in the attack on Hei and not have lasting effects.

Your thought that the piece of the fragment reacting to Hei's powers could do something to the field device sounds probable, such as perhaps overloading it given what happened last time Hei's powers reacted to a fragment.
Old 2009-10-20, 20:56   Link #195
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

So then April was strangled and not electrocuted?
Old 2009-10-20, 21:38   Link #196
Xacual

April died of electrocution for sure, she died before this whole "Hei lost his powers?" debate started.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2009-10-20, 21:46   Link #197
Azuma Denton
~AD~

As i see in S1...
Apparently when Hei first appear, he can electrocute people without leaving any trace...
Referring to eps 1 to 6 of S1...
Old 2009-10-20, 21:51   Link #198
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Makes sense, electrocution doesn't leave any marks on the body as far as I recall. If it was a super strong current you might be burned but other than that I don't think it leaves outward signs.
Old 2009-10-20, 23:18   Link #199
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Freaking awesome episode. Dtb S2 is the best series this season for me (so far, and by far)

Highlight: Hei freaked out when grabbing an 13 years old loli girl's chest.......

.... and wow awesome fight. First yuri-ish jedi ninja girl, then we have armed magical Willy Wonka. What they gonna throw in next i wonder....
Sorry Yin, but your apperance won't fit in this season for the next several episodes. In flashback maybe. But please let us have more hilarious moments of The Professional

PS: what did Suou call Hei after that groping, Echi, Baka, *something*, Hentai ?

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2009-10-20 at 23:45.
Old 2009-10-21, 01:22   Link #200
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post
Lastly:
What happened to August 7?
Why did Suou charge in going Nooooo when Hei was about to stab him, or was it really him underneath that coat? If it wasn't him, how did Suou know? If it was him, why would she do that? I mean, she didn't even flinch when Hei electrocuted him and now when he goes for the stab she goes all emo over someone she apparently doesn't know?
Yes it was really him, and Suou charged in there obviously to stop him from killing November. When Hei electrocuted him, she didn't see it coming; it's not like she's a super fighter who can keep up with Hei's attacks, especially when a professional like November couldn't. As for why, she's obviously not big on killing people, at least not at the moment. (and we don't know for any fact that she really will use that big-@$$ rifle on people later on)