AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-08-15, 17:38   Link #1
Nezumi
Shinigami

Coolest gal and guy in Manga

Well i thought it would be nice to do a follow up of Bullsquat popular thread. But his time, coolest manga girl and guy.
Old 2004-08-15, 19:26   Link #2
Bullsquat
Strange Love

Coolest girl, I have to say Alita, she rocks of awesomeness. Can't post her pictures though, I don't have a scanner. Another one would be, Megumi from Cheeky Angel. But again, I don't have a scanner so...bummer.

Coolest guy? i don't give a rat's ass about that.

Nah, I can't think of one yet. Maybe Ichigo from Bleach.
Old 2004-08-16, 02:31   Link #3
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

coolest girl would have to be Natsume Maya from Tenjou Tenge, just because she's so kick ass
coolest guy is probably, in agreement with the above poster, Ichigo from Bleach, even though he DOES follow an archetype of sorts, just the fact that he gets a big ass sword and nifty powers, as well as having his priorities in line sets him apart from whinier protagonists. Come to think of it i can't think of a single character i've seen so far in the bleach universe (ok i've only read 2 volumes so far...) that i haven't liked: if Rukia didn't look so much like a boy i'd have placed her over Maya as "coolest" girl, and Orihime is already on my "cutest girls list", even the selflessness of Ichigo's little sisters just warms you heart.
Old 2004-08-16, 07:42   Link #4
Nezumi
Shinigami

I would sat thet coolest girl is Integral Wingates Hellsing from Hellsing and coolest guy would be, well yeah, Ichigo from Bleach...
Old 2004-08-16, 12:25   Link #5
7thMethuselah

Coolest guy : ONIZUKA , who else, the guy is the personification of the definition of coolness

Coolest girl : gimme some time to think about it
Old 2004-08-16, 13:48   Link #6
XenWarrior

Lust from Full Metal Alchemist

Bunshinchi / Tenma (TenTen/Monster) They are complete opposites, but they are both too awesome.
Old 2004-08-16, 16:17   Link #7
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Coolest guy : ONIZUKA , who else, the guy is the personification of the definition of coolness
GAAAAAAH! how could i forget him!
i have shamed my manga collection
Old 2004-08-16, 18:45   Link #8
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Ergg... I hate to troll, but I agree on Ichigo as coolest male. There's just something about Bleach that exudes coolness. The covers and char designs scream bad-ass, like RATM or Bad Religion. If the one Quincy dude didn't have those wierd hobbies
Spoiler for later in Bleach:
, he'd prolly be a lot cooler too. Along those same lines, I'd also say Maya Natsume is the coolest girl.

In a close second, I give 2nd prize to Aoshi Shinomori and Megumi from the Kenshin manga, since they are pretty cool IMO.
Old 2004-08-18, 04:48   Link #9
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
Ok, without a doubt the coolest male to ever grace (or kinda grind his own way through) a manga is of course Eikichi Onizuka, 22 year old virgin, and Great Teacher Extraordinaire.

As for Female, that's tougher. I'll currently cast a vote for Excel, because the crazy psycho henchgirl is the funniest thing I've seen.

"Haaaaaiiiillll Ilapulatzo-sama!"
Old 2004-08-19, 15:30   Link #10
cercia_highelf
Virtue

Coolest guy: Dark Schneider (v. cool).
Coolest girl: Good grief, I dunno. Probably Su from Love Hina.
Old 2004-08-19, 15:43   Link #11
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by cercia_highelf
Coolest guy: Dark Schneider (v. cool).
Coolest girl: Good grief, I dunno. Probably Su from Love Hina.
Lol Su sure classifies as the most energetic girl ever
Old 2004-08-19, 16:02   Link #12
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I guess it all comes down to your definition of cool, now doesn't it. I mean, if I wanted to, I could reasonably claim that Ojichan and Sensei from Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou were the coolest manga characters around. Of course, no one would believe that so...

Coolest male: Alucard
Coolest female: Integral Hellsing

While they're both pretty good on their own, combined there is nothing to match them. The monster and it's master. }:]
Old 2004-08-20, 03:25   Link #13
Ambience Blue
Fate/Stay Delight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper
Coolest male: Alucard
Coolest female: Integral Hellsing
Alucard and Integra = Waay Badass (for some reason, it fits ina different category from cool for me)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Lol Su sure classifies as the most energetic girl ever
Most absolutely random, lol!
Old 2004-08-21, 03:27   Link #14
Ozymandias

Coolest Girl: Definitely Alita from Battle Angel Alita (Gunnm)

Coolest Guy: Not sure...have to think about it.
Old 2004-08-24, 01:51   Link #15
sarcasteak
WAHA~

For me, both Ichigo and Onizuka belong in the "badass" category, but the line is blurry.

Coolest girl: Tsukasa from Ichigo 100%...anyone agree?
Coolest guy: Raidou from Death Note, though he is already swimming in the evil/insane range. XD
Old 2004-08-24, 02:06   Link #16
stpehen
kisses for all

This thread sounds like a broken record. Pathetic.

Have you all read only the same five mangas?

What do you have to say for yourselves?

Oh, and P.S.?

Last edited by stpehen; 2004-08-24 at 02:36. Reason: forgot the gal
Old 2004-08-24, 10:21   Link #17
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
This thread sounds like a broken record. Pathetic.

Have you all read only the same five mangas?
i've read well over 200 diff. manga thank you very much, but the ones mentioned are actually "cool" without being "dumb as a brick" or "angsty beyond the boundaries of being angsty" (i just hinted at 2 characters from (insert shounen series here))
Old 2004-08-25, 00:46   Link #18
fenrihr
is dime-a-dozen

Send a message via AIM to fenrihr
hmm. if you had said badass, i would say Guts from berserk.

Manji of Blade of the Immortal is pretty cool.... but then again so was Kaneda from Akira....

Gunnm is pretty cool yes.... but i'm gonna go with .... uh well i'll have to get to ya on that one.
Old 2004-08-25, 01:30   Link #19
ClancyDamon
クラシー デマン

Send a message via AIM to ClancyDamon
Well, if this seems repititious, then maybe that's a sign that the afore-mentioned characters are, in fact, actually very cool. And come to think of it, I don't see much repetition.

What I do see is an odd fact that everybody has a choice for coolest male, but it's much harder to think of a female. It was harder for me at least. Anyone else notice that?

Oh, as long as I'm here I also want to make second place selections.

Ivan Isaacs

Celes Victoria
Old 2004-08-25, 01:49   Link #20
Kyuven

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClancyDamon
Well, if this seems repititious, then maybe that's a sign that the afore-mentioned characters are, in fact, actually very cool. And come to think of it, I don't see much repetition.

What I do see is an odd fact that everybody has a choice for coolest male, but it's much harder to think of a female. It was harder for me at least. Anyone else notice that?
it's hard to think of a "cool" female character since most female protagonists that males (most/all of the posters in this thread) are familiar with tend to be sideline characters, sexual objects, or have personalities equal to that of bricks, or a combination of the three
when i think of "cool" female characters, these come to mind:
Kanzaki Urumi (GTO) smart cool (lost points due to suicidal tendencies)
Natsume Maya (Tenjou Tenge) cool cool (which is why i picked her, beauty, brains, AND brawn, plus she can chibify herself, which is always a plus)
Nanase Narue (Narue no Sekai) Alien Cool (lost points because she's a cheapskate)
Aoyama Motoko (Love Hina) kendo girl cool (lost points because of a fear of turtles, plus i just never really clicked with her character)
Fafa (Psychic Academy) icy cool (there's a pun there) (lost a lot of points for having a split personality ranma/Forty complex)
Chidori Kaname (Full Metal Panic) fan cool (her character's personality relies too much on Sousuke, much like every other character in the series, so she loses points)
Tsukino (Yakitate! Japan) cooking cool (unfortunately, her greatest strength costs her big cool points: she's too cute)
Chise (Saikano) super secret cool (lost points due to her personality shift, and weakening, plus her decision at the end made her boyfriend go schizo)
Nao (Midori no Hibi) spooky cool (lost points due to lack of dialogue)
Closed Thread