AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-21, 00:09   Link #101
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
Is there any word of when the 10th novel is being released?
The next issue of the Sneaker might have some news on that, but it doesn't come out til' next week. So be patient and wait, you'll know when we do.
Old 2010-12-21, 00:17   Link #102
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
The next issue of the Sneaker might have some news on that, but it doesn't come out til' next week. So be patient and wait, you'll know when we do.
I was just worried that it was announced and I missed it.
Old 2010-12-21, 00:25   Link #103
lapoune

I don't know if this has been posted here yet...but here's something else that hints towards an announcement about something anime related:

http://www.haruhi.tv/

The error went upside down a couple days ago...

EDIT: Seems you guys already knew
Old 2010-12-21, 10:53   Link #104
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapoune View Post
I don't know if this has been posted here yet...but here's something else that hints towards an announcement about something anime related:

http://www.haruhi.tv/

The error went upside down a couple days ago...

EDIT: Seems you guys already knew
Error message went away. Don't think we'll hear about anything new for at least a year or the 10th book is released, whichever comes first. They've got people flinching at shadows.
Old 2010-12-21, 23:10   Link #105
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

This is my completely shot-in-the dark guess/speculation on the two things.

1. Sneaker announcement contains release date for the 10th novel and possible announcement of an 11th novel.

2. Haruhi website hinting at Disappearance of Yuki-chan adapted into an anime to capitalize on the popularity of Yuki and to continue their trend of moeness. This would also buy time for a proper third season of Haruhi(or series of OVAs and Intrigues Movie)

I would of course be happy with a live-action Haruhi, more Haruhi-chan or a 12 to 24 episode season that includes Intrigues.
Old 2010-12-22, 01:39   Link #106
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

I don't think I'd be too pleased with a live-action Haruhi.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:01   Link #107
Animexcel

Quote:
Same here. Cosplay is just fine with me.
Old 2010-12-22, 02:46   Link #108
aegisofrime
Yuki Nagato Worshipper

Quote:
Agreed. A damn waste of time. Live-action also means less creative freedom than anime would allow for.

In short, it does not add any value to the franchise right now and would perhaps ruin people's image of it.
Old 2010-12-22, 11:28   Link #109
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Same here. Part of the draw of animation, for me anyway, is that the characters DON'T look like real people. Animation gives the creators just the right flexibility for exaggeration (actions, expressions, etc.) that real life can't provide. Also, the fact that it's animated provides just enough of a disconnect that actions and scenes that would be frowned upon otherwise can be tolerable.

If you've ever seen the bunny girl costume done well in real life, you'd know that seeing an underaged girl in one of those would just make you feel uncomfortable.

Last edited by Gamer_2k4; 2010-12-22 at 21:59. Reason: adding example image
Old 2010-12-24, 11:53   Link #110
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Given what Kyoto Animation already has on their plate for 2011, I strongly doubt we'll see any new Haruhi content in 2011.

Spring 2012 is the earliest I could see anything Haruhi-related arrive.
Old 2010-12-26, 02:32   Link #111
ijuinkun

I can believe Spring 2012 for a third run of Haruhi--that would fit into the "every three years" pattern. We might get a second run of Haruhi-chan/Churuya-san , or maybe a run of Yuki-chan shorts before that, though.
Old 2010-12-26, 03:49   Link #112
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

If they do, in fact, do another season of Haruhi, do you think it will be a continuation or mixed in with the other two like the second season was with the first?
Old 2010-12-26, 10:52   Link #113
Goggen

Quote:
If they do, in fact, do another season of Haruhi, do you think it will be a continuation or mixed in with the other two like the second season was with the first?
Continuation.
Old 2010-12-26, 11:43   Link #114
Heminga13
Wannabe Sleuth

They've set themselves up to just make a normal continuation of the anime series. But of course, they could have some tricks up their sleeves.

Heminga13: Speculating and anticipating 'The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya' movie since August 3, 2009.
Old 2010-12-27, 05:33   Link #115
Garby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_2k4 View Post
If you've ever seen the bunny girl costume done well in real life, you'd know that seeing an underaged girl in one of those would just make you feel uncomfortable.
I agree with your sentiment there, but neither Haruhi nor Mikuru are really that underaged.
Old 2010-12-27, 10:43   Link #116
J the Drafter

Quote:
I think a live-action Haruhi movie would encourage the writers to reinvent the story in some potentially fascinating ways. I'm remembering Batman Begins in particular, thanks to the way that movie redesigned Bruce's training and the way it described his devices. Admittedly, the first thing I think of when I picture a movie is a chance to correct those parts of the Haruhi franchise that need improvement. (Hello, Mikuru and character development.) I realize I'm actually talking talking about a reboot here, and that it doesn't necessarily need to take the form of a movie, but a movie would be one particular way of retelling the Haruhi story, and it would be sort of interesting to see those anime tropes play out in live-action.
Superman: “You know what, Ein? Dreams save us. Dreams lift us up and transform us into something better. And on my soul, I swear — until my dream of a world where dignity, honor and justice becomes the reality we all share — I'll never stop fighting. Ever.”

“Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom” and “Superman vs. the Elite”

(Mostly accurate dialogue, but with a little editing to make it mesh better.)
Old 2011-06-02, 16:11   Link #117
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Since this is likely to spread around VERY quickly, I thought I'd mention it here and clear any misconceptions before they get spread.

A unspecified bookstore put this up at some unknown time:

It simply states "The Sneaker Library's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya has confirmed a third anime season!"

There is no confirmation on this news at all. It's simply an image that may or may not be altered from something else. The wrapping around the copies of the sixth, seventh, and eighth novels is the current wrapping though.

Having said that, there is a slight chance that the bookstore was very early in announcing it. The Haruhi Negai campaign will have a big announcement when there are 15,498 wishes made and that could be very soon. Given the unlikelihood of another novel so soon, this could be the announcement but that's just speculation.

Once again, take this with a grain of salt. There is nothing confirmed at all. I just wanted to preempt any rumors before they spread too far.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2011-06-02, 17:32   Link #118
Jonbob0008
The Last Loner

Send a message via MSN to Jonbob0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Since this is likely to spread around VERY quickly, I thought I'd mention it here and clear any misconceptions before they get spread.

A unspecified bookstore put this up at some unknown time:

It simply states "The Sneaker Library's The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya has confirmed a third anime season!"

There is no confirmation on this news at all. It's simply an image that may or may not be altered from something else. The wrapping around the copies of the sixth, seventh, and eighth novels is the current wrapping though.

Having said that, there is a slight chance that the bookstore was very early in announcing it. The Haruhi Negai campaign will have a big announcement when there are 15,498 wishes made and that could be very soon. Given the unlikelihood of another novel so soon, this could be the announcement but that's just speculation.

Once again, take this with a grain of salt. There is nothing confirmed at all. I just wanted to preempt any rumors before they spread too far.
Speaking of the Haruhi Negai campaign, they're apparently up to over 11,300. Shouldn't be much longer now because the 15,498 limit is reached.
Old 2011-06-02, 18:19   Link #119
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting. Either they will shoot for the 15,498 mark, or July 7th...because we know how much they like symbolism after all the stuff they have done the past five years.
Old 2011-06-03, 23:38   Link #120
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
15498 was about 10 3 hours ago (~10am JST 6/4). Nothing seems to have happened and about to hit 16k.

Last edited by bayoab; 2011-06-04 at 03:18. Reason: Stupid time zones.
Closed Thread