AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana III - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 27 51.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 23.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 17.31%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.92%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-28, 04:21   Link #41
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Yes, you all are correct. Mare made her first appearance in Shakugan no Shana Game for PS2. Thus, her subsequent appearance in the first 2 episodes of Season 2 could be considered as an anime original material back then, before the Volume 19 was being published.

Now, that is no longer the case. The author has made effort in integrating her into novel material. The prologue and epilogue in Volume 19 of the Novel are solely about Sabrac and Mare. Like it or not, Mare is a part of the novel material now.
I don't particularly mind one way or the other that Mare is part of the novels. Thanks though for adding the information of how she ties into the canon now. At least it doesn't appear anymore like they randomly put this tie to a non-canon character. Would be nice to see a couple more flashbacks to flesh out that connection a bit more.
Old 2011-12-28, 05:18   Link #42
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Woot...next ep, CHIARA!!!

And Sabrac x Mare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Actually...
Spoiler for Mare is:

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-28, 06:30   Link #43
AP24

It's sort of interesting that this episode aired during Christmas Eve in Japan and Shana confessed to Yuuji in this episode.
Old 2011-12-28, 06:57   Link #44
redflame

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
It's sort of interesting that this episode aired during Christmas Eve in Japan and Shana confessed to Yuuji in this episode.
Yup, thats our Christmas present

Anyway, I just have one question I'd like to ask about this episode.. I'm really confused as to what Shana meant when she explained about what Sophie said to her and Shana explained she thought she knew.. and then another person says "You're not 2 different people. You're one being."

So yeah.. I'm lost to what this quote meant.
Old 2011-12-28, 08:54   Link #45
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
Yup, thats our Christmas present

Anyway, I just have one question I'd like to ask about this episode.. I'm really confused as to what Shana meant when she explained about what Sophie said to her and Shana explained she thought she knew.. and then another person says "You're not 2 different people. You're one being."

So yeah.. I'm lost to what this quote meant.
I was puzzled by it too... I kept thinking who is the second person she is speaking about and I don't remember. The only explanation that comes to my head is that is a line from the novels and J. C Staff took it to the anime without thinking further.

EDIT: or she is talking about her last conversation with Merihim.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-12-28, 09:10   Link #46
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As a non-novel-reader, I was under the impression she was referring to herself, living two lives as Shana the girl and Shana the Flame Haze and having to choose/juggle between the two.
Old 2011-12-28, 09:10   Link #47
redflame

I'm confused as well.. to who said that sentence, but after Shana explained it, it switched to Margery on a plane with Satou.. so I assume Margery might have told her? (Since when she talking about the becoming one with herself thing, it switched to a Sophie scene) If so, when did she tell her? Because I certainly cannot recall who told her.
Old 2011-12-28, 09:42   Link #48
Senshigeia

Quote:
Originally Posted by redflame View Post
I'm confused as well.. to who said that sentence, but after Shana explained it, it switched to Margery on a plane with Satou.. so I assume Margery might have told her? (Since when she talking about the becoming one with herself thing, it switched to a Sophie scene) If so, when did she tell her? Because I certainly cannot recall who told her.
Maybe during Shana's training. I remember her thinking about the issue in episode 2 I think... Or maybe it switched to Margery and Satou in the plane because the couple is a good exemple of how Margery compromised her two selfs.

Sig credit to Bila / Avatar credit to SweetHoney

Check out my anime and manga lists!
Old 2011-12-29, 00:05   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
The design of the true body of Snake of the Festival is quite different from what was shown during the first scene (roughly 1m 18s) of the first episode of Season 3. They have updated the design, haven't they?

What is more important is that Shana is still wearing the white dress as of now. In roughly 1m 18s of the first episode of Season 3, Shana is wearing the battle suit consisting of long trousers. It means that we have not reach that part. In short, the full version of first scene of the first episode of Season 3 will only be broadcast at least in a few more episodes later.

Just what really makes Shana really confident in defeating SotF Yuji? Yes, she gained a huge power boost and learned 4 new powerful unrestricted spells. But, how can love further increase her power of existence to defeat Yuji? Or rather, love can be only used to convince Yuji not to pursue the final stage of Psalm of Grand Order? As Chris38 mentioned, Yuji's power has definitely increased after reawakening the true body of the SnH. I really hope that Shana has at least 50-50 chance against SotF Yuji.
Meh I actually pictured SnH's face as more dragon like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elf song View Post
Yes, the body was Mystes'. And the only one who ever knows that is none other than Sabrac, during the exclusive chapter "Juggle".

Really hope they(J.C.staff) make a short flashback about their relationship in the next episode.
She's a beautiful butterfly and that's all that ever matters....RIP Mare....you are certainly missed....
Old 2011-12-29, 01:24   Link #50
king12354

Quality wasn't as I hoped but it did deliver on the comedy. "Love conquers all" eh...
Old 2012-01-02, 04:54   Link #51
uee09

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
As a non-novel-reader, I was under the impression she was referring to herself, living two lives as Shana the girl and Shana the Flame Haze and having to choose/juggle between the two.

i agree,..i'm a non-novel-reader too,..
and that's also what i think,..

Old 2012-01-02, 19:00   Link #52
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Sabrac Part II, with the cornered Flame Haze Army. Best part is when Sabrac noted the same shit won't work on him again.

Plus Shana tries to take on the snake of the festival/Yuji by herself. It's inevitable those Bal Masque idiots are gonna have something up their own sleeves, not gonna see there and watch.

It was by all means, an excellent setup episode and animation quality went back up to par. Man that love speech was corny, but I guess it had be to be said. --9/10

ED song works really well...

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews

Last edited by Archon_Wing; 2012-01-02 at 19:17.
Old 2012-01-02, 20:37   Link #53
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh no! holiday break???!!!!

great episode... finally we can see Sabrac... anyway, the tomogara-girl in Sabrac's past is a tomogara who killed easily by Shana and Yuji in the beginning of second season??

Sairei no Hebi is really a giant snake??? somehow I don't like it (kinda similar with Decarabia)

and the confession.... nice one, Shana! this will be a very epic battle since both of them are serious... don't dare to interfere, Trinity!!!!!
Old 2012-01-04, 23:27   Link #54
syke123

I hope Yuji doesn't get roughed up in the next episode, if I'm right the only way Shana can defeat Yuji is with her self destructive unrestricted spell. Hopefully, friday will be worth the two week wait.
Old 2012-01-08, 01:01   Link #55
dodenkoudji

Shakugan no Shana III snake of the festival song

hello everybody i am a new member and i was wandering what is the name of the song playing when the snake of the festival is about to be unsealed thanks.
Old 2012-02-05, 20:15   Link #56
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

My reaction to the ending (incoming)

Quote:
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE ES
This airing on Christmas Eve in Japan just made this even better.
Closed Thread