AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-09-05, 11:30   Link #21
janipani

Well... I'm quite sure, that what ever happens Sanji is not winning this one.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-09-05, 12:43   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
I'm still interested in seeing a Tekkai enforced by Haki. That has to be one of the strongest defenses in the world.
Diamond Joz with Defensive CoA and Tekkai would be one hard rock.
Old 2012-09-05, 13:48   Link #23
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Sanji technically has Rankyaku since his kicks can now be long range attacks.

The pirates probably all have their own versions of moves that are comparable to Rokushiki. Rokushiki is just a standard military martial art and discipline that all Marines are trained in.

Tekkai seems like a step before armament Haki, its just a technique you learn before you acquire the armament Haki to develop it into your defense.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2012-09-05, 14:20   Link #24
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
And speaking of ministories, I suppose Jinbei's going to take out Caribou's brother at this point. Heh, that's the case, then that'd be the second time that ol' chameleon-head got himself shipwrecked underwater!
Speaking of chameleons, any subtle differences between Coribou and Chameleone?
Old 2012-09-05, 15:09   Link #25
Undertaker

Quote:
I can field this one. The kanji used in the spoiler was "鬼竹", which translates to "bamboo demon". In other words, it looks like it's true that the flute he used to knock out Law was made of bamboo, after all. Maybe that could be his DF power if he has one (bamboo bamboo fruit)? Because I'm pretty sure he's capable of way more than just rokushiki.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
The second kanji's different. I had no ideea. Sorry about the misinformation earlier. Bamboo demon...that sounds weird.

Actually it would be more of "demonic bamboo" based on the syntax. As in 鬼刀 would mean demonic sword and not sword demon.

Anyway, the chapter is pretty awesome. Sanji to the rescue as always, Luffy's burning run and the relaxed crew. And of course Luffy's awesome punch to CC.

So it now look like the match is Sanji v.s. Vergo, Zoro v.s. Dragon, and Luffy v.s. CC and Smoker v.s. Monet?

Poot Tashigi though, got pwned by someone stronger again....

And we pretty got confirmation that Zoro and Sanji can use CoO in addition to CoA.
Old 2012-09-05, 15:31   Link #26
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post

Don't you mean.... rock hard?

Anyways, Tekkai is pretty much my biggest gripe with rokushiki. It just kinda bugged me how most of CP9 spammed that one move when they could all move fast enough to dodge most attacks in the first place (though at least guys like Blueno and Jyabura knew how to use it offensively). Really, I'd rather see future rokushiki users use moves like Kamie more often, IMO....
Old 2012-09-05, 18:47   Link #27
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Does any one else think CC is done for? If he hasn't lost already i think next week Luffy will use a few more strong moves on him and he just passes out.

Imo he was never strong Haki wise. He is supposed to be a scientist. He probably just have a super strong Logia with almost no Haki training. Do you guys remember when one of Big Mom's pirates knocked out Caribou with one hit? I can see a similar thing happening to CC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Sanji vs Vergo, eh? Quite an unexpected match-up. I'm very curious to see how he'll fare against a vice admiral. I don't think he'll be able to defeat him, but he should be able to hold his own.
Well imo Sanji is already Vice Admiral level. The question imo should be how much stronger than a regular Vice Admiral Vergo is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
The chances are he was already using it ( Defensive CoA) but just it wasn't animated/drawn yet.

The drawing/animation of CoA was mostly a post time skip thing. They were already hitting Logia's in Whitebeard war but no Haki was shown ( as it was in post time skip).

That's at least my opinion .

But if he wasn't then that would indeed be a hard rock ( or maybe a Diamond rock in this case ).

Quote:
I'm still interested in seeing a Tekkai enforced by Haki. That has to be one of the strongest defenses in the world.
Imo Tekkai is a form of Defensive CoA ( not yet fully mastered maybe or not) .

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-09-05 at 19:28.
Old 2012-09-05, 22:01   Link #28
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I think CC done for.

Chapter 680
That was a really good chapter. Smokers fast, he was first with law in one chapter and the next he is by Luffy's side. It is entertaining watching Luffy tired out trying to command Smoker around. The straw hats complaining while on Brown Beard's back was also funny. The battle between Sanji and Vergo was a shocker, that should be interesting. Luffy taking CC out, pretty much leaves this arch at a question mark. I know Luffy and Law are working together but usually there is a grand big boss at the end of the arch. Where is this arch suppose to go if all the bad guys are defeated?
Old 2012-09-05, 22:45   Link #29
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Wow.... Vergo... for some reason he reminds me alot of Wesker from Resident Evil.... nooooot sure why~

Never expected SANJI to be the one to come to the rescue.... though it makes perfect sense~
Old 2012-09-06, 00:37   Link #30
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Luffy taking CC out, pretty much leaves this arch at a question mark. I know Luffy and Law are working together but usually there is a grand big boss at the end of the arch. Where is this arch suppose to go if all the bad guys are defeated?
I don't think we should expect every arc from now on to have a grand big boss at its climax. Fishman Island certainly didn't have a grand big boss. The real challenge there was showing the fishmen/merfolk that not all humans are bad (an important step towards reconciliation amongst both species) and preventing the noah ship from crashing down into the island.

Likewise, there will still be unfinished business at Punk Hazard once the threats (CC and Vergo) are eliminated.
Old 2012-09-06, 00:47   Link #31
james0246

^Technically, we haven't had a "big boss" since Moria. Magellan was an opponent to run from (sicne there was no time for a fight), Whitebeard wasn't an opponent, nor were any of the Shichibukai or really the Admirals (though Akainu became a future opponent). And, of course, Shark Guy (I've already forgotten his name) was nothing. So, I still have some hope for Caesar to fill the roll and give Luffy a workout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
Tekkai seems like a step before armament Haki, its just a technique you learn before you acquire the armament Haki to develop it into your defense.
I don't know...Tekkai seems more like a reflection of physical abilities and Busoshoku Haki a reflection of a person's will. They both reinforce the body, but the methods of reinforcement are different and do not necessarily lead to one another (or more specifically, Tekkai need not lead to Busoshoku Haki, and I doubt Haki would lead to Tekkai).
Old 2012-09-06, 01:34   Link #32
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:

I don't know...Tekkai seems more like a reflection of physical abilities and Busoshoku Haki a reflection of a person's will. They both reinforce the body, but the methods of reinforcement are different and do not necessarily lead to one another (or more specifically, Tekkai need not lead to Busoshoku Haki, and I doubt Haki would lead to Tekkai).
That kinda makes sense. Like Training your body for years to get stronger.

I personally lean toward that it is probably a precursor to Haki but what you say does make sense as well. I think it is like using/Mixing Haki but at a lower level ( not yet Busoshoku Haki).

This might be an anime filler ( so correct me if i am wrong), There was this guy in whitebeard war that used Tekkai on his hand and tried to attack luffy with it. So based on that ( one of the reasons) i think Tekkai can be used both offensively and defensively . It doesn't prove that it is indeed Haki ( it can still be physical) but i think based on what we have seen post time skip we can say/speculate it leans in favor of Haki. Just my personal opinion.

But can you say why you think it is a physical process rather than Haki?

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2012-09-07 at 02:17.
Old 2012-09-06, 05:56   Link #33
SMASHERJACKSON

I'm getting curious about how this chapter will play out, especially the match ups.

Currently we have Vergo and Ceasar as the main opponents, with the introduction of the Dragon this chapter.

Luffy is taking on Ceaser, while Sanji seems to be taking on Vergo.

Vergo I would imagine to be at least as strong as Smoker, maybe that's relevant to the power rankings between Luffy and Zoro/Sanji depending on how much of an opponent to Luffy you see Smoker as.

The dragon came as a bit of a surprise but not too much I guess. It could be a set up for Zoro reaching his next achievement as a swordsman by matching and surpassing the samurai swordsmen by potentially cutting down a steel dragon.

Despite all of this I don't get how the match ups will really work as it is still only 3 opponents vs the SH's + Law + Marines (who at this point is basically just Smoker). That is unless of course that Ceasar & Vergo prove to be real monsters.

Even tho the new world is supposed to be super beastly vs the previous oceans, I'm not sure how I'd feel about this if the characters wer to be developed as currently their victory would still depend on outnumbering their enemy which seems a little underwhelming given their 2 years of training. If Ceasar & Vergo do get beaten by their current opponents then what will be left of the rest of this arc? not much unless something happens to build on the current situation, which imo it is likely too.

Also even tho the dragon is made of steel, it seems too much like fodder to test Zoro.

It'll be interesting to see how the rest of this arc plays out as well as the repercussions for all the parties involved.
Old 2012-09-06, 06:38   Link #34
janipani

What if Monet is not one of the good gals after all and takes on Smokey ?

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Old 2012-09-06, 09:16   Link #35
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Also even tho the dragon is made of steel, it seems too much like fodder to test Zoro.
How about Shinokun, the poison monster?
Old 2012-09-06, 10:55   Link #36
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

About the kichiku part... it's a pun.

It's spelled as "Demon Bamboo", obviously referring to Vergo's choice of weapon. But it's a made up word.
It READS Kichiku, meaning cruel, heartless bastard. Just not spelled the same.

Like Kaikyou no Jinbe, it's a made up word that puns something else and meaning.
Old 2012-09-06, 11:54   Link #37
marvelB

Yeah, thanks Aohige. Interesting to learn that Vergo's title is a pun like Jinbei's....

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
How about Shinokun, the poison monster?

I still have my doubts about Zoro taking on Smiley. Not saying it WON'T happen (after all, Sanji vs. Vergo sort of came out of nowhere), but I still sort of feel that "normal" swordsmanship may not be the most effective offense against CC's beast, even with CoA haki. I still think it's more likely that Brooke or Kinemon (who have more unique sword styles, to say the least) would be the ones to take on the doomsday monster (at least, if it ever returns to its "physical" form).....
Old 2012-09-06, 18:40   Link #38
AdventSleeper

DRAGON? ZORO?

I thought back to the Monsters oneshot...

A new "King?"
Old 2012-09-07, 10:16   Link #39
marvelB

^Actually, I'm kinda surprised that nobody made that comparison when Zoro took out that FIRST dragon earlier this arc.....

And on a related note, I wonder when either Zoro or Brooke will bring up Ryuma now that they're actually fighting alongside a genuine Wano samurai? I'm not expecting some twist as goofy and cliched as Kinemon turning out to be Ryuma's descendant or whatever, but he should be more than familiar with the legend, methinks.....
Old 2012-09-07, 18:21   Link #40
Talendra

Quote:
I still have my doubts about Zoro taking on Smiley. Not saying it WON'T happen (after all, Sanji vs. Vergo sort of came out of nowhere), but I still sort of feel that "normal" swordsmanship may not be the most effective offense against CC's beast, even with CoA haki. I still think it's more likely that Brooke or Kinemon (who have more unique sword styles, to say the least) would be the ones to take on the doomsday monster (at least, if it ever returns to its "physical" form).....
Then how about both? Oda already basically introduced the three musketeers, and to be fair, combining these three styles of swordsmanship would not only be quite interesting for the audience, but also fit a monster of that sheer size without this team up would be taking anything away from individual progress they (especially zoro) made.
Closed Thread