Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 19:23   Link #41
Directive
Silent Huntress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I only know snippets, but it's safe to say the question of their relationship doesn't end where the anime leaves things off.
Yes, good to hear! Now if I could just graduate from preschool.... xD
Old 2011-01-10, 19:53   Link #42
Zensei

Send a message via MSN to Zensei
Zabuza & Haku from Naruto.
Not exactly my favourite type of relationship. I would love to see their platonic love to grow. To see them living happily ever after. Oh cruel world. Why?

My humble little blog.
Zensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 00:24   Link #43
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
YES! I started shipping them from episode 2! I was really surprised they didn't follow the formula of "first girl he meets". They seemed to have chemistry!

Ha, agreed. I think any girl but Akane would be good for Ranma. I liked Shampoo for him too. :3

Yessss though I'm not counting this one quite yet because I don't think the manga ended?

Omg in the TV series, those two are soooooooo yuri. XD
I'm more of a TenchiXAyeka fan myself but the manga is over and he didn't end up with anybody.
Katara and Zuko

Launch and Tien
Old 2011-01-12, 00:33   Link #44
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

SetsunaxFeldt
Old 2011-01-12, 00:50   Link #45
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
I'm more of a TenchiXAyeka fan myself but the manga is over and he didn't end up with anybody.
The new version that started in 2002?

If you get technical, Tenchi's a Jurain so he can probably have more than one wife, the same way Azusa is married to Misaki and Funaho lol
Old 2011-01-12, 02:02   Link #46
HitoriTomoyo
Tomoe Mami Fan

Hinata and Yuri's relationship (romantic or platonic) that never went any past Track Zero. I am deeply saddened by this consider how central those two characters are to the SSS/Angel Beats! universe as a whole. I don't necessarily hate Yui for taking Hinata for herself but I personally blame the staff for such an abrupt (yes they had fights all over the place but you just don't make someone fall for another just like that when they were with someone else already, in a manner of speaking) development.

On topic of that development, I would have loved to see how all of the members of Girls Dead Monster interacted with pretty much the rest of the SSS, particularly Otonashi; purely based on Iwasawa and Hisako's brief interactions, I think they would all make a really interesting circle of friends.

Spoiler:

TOMOE MAMI FOREVER <3
HitoriTomoyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-12, 03:42   Link #47
Silverwyrm

Da Capo - "Anyone but Nemu!" truer words never said...I ended dropping second season too when she showed up again...coulda been anyone, anything....just not her x.x
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 14:53   Link #48
Eva_127

AshxMisty and TaixSora were big ones back in the day that didn't happen. I actually wouldn't have minded if Inuyasha would have gotten with Sango too.
Eva_127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 15:09   Link #49
Ichuki
┌(^o^)┘モリ!┌(^o^)┘モリ!

BaronxRyunmei from Arad Senki Slap Up Party because it seems like Ryunmei has a crush on Baron and nothing really happened after the finale
Ichuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 16:40   Link #50
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitoriTomoyo View Post
(yes they had fights all over the place but you just don't make someone fall for another just like that when they were with someone else already, in a manner of speaking)
Huh? But neither Hinata nor Yui were involved with anybody else romantically so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here....
Old 2011-01-18, 08:41   Link #51
haydeejamison

I like Solomon and Saya but unfortunately Saya don't like him....

Misao and Kenshin of Samurai X but they have just brother and sister relationship...

I think they can be a best love team ever!!
Old 2011-01-18, 09:01   Link #52
Jjo

Yasu and his friend Nana from NANA...I really wanted them together. =(
Nobu and the red haired Nana from NANA.
Jjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 12:11   Link #53
EnchantingPrincess
~♥~G-Ri~♥~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyukusa View Post
My entire childhood was based around Ash x Misty.
lol seconded and here I thought everyone worked..
Wait there is another ZeroxYuuki (Vampire Knight)
EnchantingPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 14:44   Link #54
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I probably have one of the longest lists of disappointments/wishes crushed in my time :

Kouhei x Erika (Fortune Arterial) - *le siiiigh* What in the world were the staff smoking when they made that ending? Suffice it to say, this series had this pairing written all over it until they fumbled the ball at the end.

Kouhei x Kiriha (Fortune Arterial) - I actually like this pairing more than the above. They are soooooo great together in the visual novel.

Tenchi x Aeka (Tenchi Muyo!) - Yeah I'm personally much more of an Aeka fan than Ryoko. She just came off way to gruff for me. (and her hair...) But......

Tenchi x Sasami (Tenchi Muyo!) - Tenchi Muyo! was one of my younger-days anime, so I had more of a liking for Sasami really. As someone said somewhere for some anime, "Invest in the loli." Her grown up self (see Tsunami) beats the hell out of everyone else. Hands. Down.

Hiiragi x Elis (Night Wizard The Animation) - Oh man......why did I bring this up? 'Cause the way this pairing ended up, or I should say the way it didn't end up, continues to drive me nuts to this day. They hit almost every single couple cliche ion the book for this one. Walking in on the other in the bath/shower. Kids calling them husabnd and wife. Hugging in the final battle with words of encouragement. But it didn't happen. And so I rant. I rant about it like there's no tomorrow. And-
You get the point.

Ikuto x Machi (Nagasarete Airantou) - Machi = hot + cute in one package. And if I recall correctly she got Ikuto's first kiss in the manga.

Junichi x Yuuhi (Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka) - The lack of this caught me largely by surprise. While I don't hate Junichi x Minato, I was quite disappointed that he didn't get together with Yuuhi, and even more so when the OVA didn't cover an alternate route ending and instead went for a beach episode.

Kouichi x Eriko (Kimikiss) - Suuuuch a great couple in the manga. So sad we couldn't get to see them animated. (of all the series where omnibus works, why couldn't this be one )

Yuuto x Mika (Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu) - Invest in the loli, people. Invest in the loli.
But honestly, I actually prefer her the way she is. And it's nice to see a main female character less reserved about her relationship with the male lead; a refreshing leave from the norm.

Keitarou x Shinobu (Love Hina) - Cuteness. And of course
INVEST IN THE LOLI.
She grows up HOT.

Sousuke x Tessa (Full Metal Panic!) - Really these two have just as much, if not more, chemistry than Sousuke and Kaname. Tessa's ability to balance her moe-ness with her authority would help Sousuke with his whole hard@$$ soldier routine too. Without beating him half to death every 5 minutes.

Tomoharu x Misao (Asura Cryin') - It's honestly hard for me to definitively choose whether I like Misao or Kanade more for Tomo, but Misao wins the stretch by that much.

Train x Eve (Black Cat) - Purely a fanboy pairing. Although they had some nice interaction towards the end of the manga. And it was a really nice touch in the anime for Eve to have given meaning for the bell that Train wears.

Hei x Yin (Darker than Black) - Although, while there are deniers who refuse to acknowledge it, this pairing was pretty much all but official. Hoping for a season 3 for some finality to the issue.

Hei x Suou (Darker than Black) - Again, invest in the loli. They had nice chemistry going there towards the end though.

Akuto x Junko (Ichiban Ushiro no Dai Maou) - Cutest pairing of the show. Definitely. While I did say it would be nice to see a less-reserved female lead, Junko is one of those characters who makes the tsundere work good.

Kyoushiro x Setsuna (Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora) - Wow. For anybody who has seen this series, do I really need to explain? It's amazing how much they were, yet not. Then Kuu comes in and sweeps him away. Ouch.

Yuzuru x Yuri (Angel Beats!) - While I love Yuzuru x Kanade and they are my favorite pairing from that series, this one pulls up to a dang close second. They had some nice interaction going on too.

Orphen x Cleao (Sorcerous Stabber Orphen) - It was all there. The feelings. The development. The setup. And yet it turned into another case of "for whatever f****in' reason, the staff didn't make it happen." AAAARRRRGGHH.

Claude x Rena (Star Ocean EX) - Although they were all but official, too. Their relationship probably would have been wrapped up if the planned second season hadn't fallen into Development Hell and died out.

Cecily x Luke (The Sacred Blacksmith) - More of a case of "the anime didn't go far enough into the novels to cover it," really. 'Cause certain novel developments......pretty much solve this problem.

Touma x Kuroko (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - My most fanboyish pairing ever. No chance in hell it ever happens. Which is why I'm posting it; since not even the novels are finished, there really aren't any pairings that haven't happened since there's more story coming. But this one just ain't happenning.

Touma x Mikoto (Toaru Majutsu no Index) - Since I posted Touma x Kuroko, I thought why no this one. But while this one is entirely within the realm of possibility, I don't expect it to happen. My bet is if there's a pairing in this series at all, it'll be Touma x Index.

Akito x Ruri (Martian Successor Nadesico) - Invest in the loli, gentleman. And she indeed turned out dang fine indeed.

Akito x Megumi (Martian Successor Nadesico) - I just couldn't get into Yurika. But that isn't the only reason I like Megumi more; these two had great chemistry going, and she's a female character who isn't reserved about her feelings.

Basara x Mylene (Macross 7) - I hate it when the romance is inconclusive. >.> This should have become official.

Junichi x Sakura (Da Capo) - Again kids, the loli. Invest. And when voiced by Yukari Tamura, the loli is a goddess descended from the heavens.

Junichi x Kotori (Da Capo) - When not the loli, Kotori is good too. But alas, despite how well they started off in season 2, it was not to be. *le siiiigh* The sweet chemistry they share in the PC games gives me comfort though.

Kazuki x Rin (Maburaho) - She may be the Kaname-type character at first, but she mellowed out as the series progressed until she reached the peak of moe-dom.

Maiku x Karen (Onegai Twins) - Karen beat Miina on moe, but *siiiigh*. At least I have the novels to look to for Maiku x Karen.

Rito x Yami (ToLoveRu + Motto) - Yeah, Eve fan speaking here, so naturally I'm a Yami fan too.

Lelouch x Shirley (Code Geass) - They were in the zone. They were even pretty much official. Then Rolo stepped in and decided Lelouch couldn't have a girlfriend and a little brother.

Nanoha x Yuuno (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) - They set it up. They had it ready. They even brought in Chrono to be Yuuno's tsundere rival. Then they dumped it for the yuri innuendos.

And just to name one from a video game:

Asbel x Sophie (Tales of Graces) - Wow this disappointed me. They started on this in the childhood prologue. Half the time Asbel is around Sophie, he's blushing. Almost the very first thing he did when he met her was blush. Cheria even saw her as her rival. Then they went for father/daugher.
*LE SIIIIIIGH*
Old 2011-01-19, 03:32   Link #55
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

I have successfully resisted the urge to troll the Ryuuji/Ami shippers.

Here's mine:

Seitokai no Ichizon - Ken and Mafuyu/Asobi no Ikuyo! - Kio x Aoi: So near the end of both of these, the shy girl confesses. Then the anime goes for a harem end cop out. Thanks for murderizing my dreams.

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu - Asaba Naoyuki x Iriya Kana x Sudou Akiho: Am I the only one who thinks of the threesome option when two girls who are enemies become friends? I know there's at least one other show were I feel the same way, but I'm having trouble thinking of it.

Wagaya no Oinari-sama - Noboru x Kou: The older brother and the miko girl, for those who can't remember the names. The series never really explores Noboru's romantic options, and for most I'd say that was the right call... but these two are a bit quiet and awkward so I think they'd be really cute together.

Might post more later.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 10:46   Link #56
starrysky77

I really liked Koboshi and Ten-chan as a couple from Pita-Ten! ^-^
starrysky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-20, 23:47   Link #57
Kazu
Flowing

Takigawa Magistel and Kurosawa from Onani master Kurosawa

She was definitely leading him on and who does she go with, Afro dude

although I don't mind Kurosawa's current girlfriend
Old 2011-01-20, 23:56   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Takigawa Magistel and Kurosawa from Onani master Kurosawa

She was definitely leading him on and who does she go with, Afro dude

although I don't mind Kurosawa's current girlfriend
I sorta like Kurosawa's current girlfriend a little. But it was frontal of Takigawa to go with afro man when she clearly made Kurosawa think she showed interest in him.
Old 2011-01-25, 20:18   Link #59
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrysky77 View Post
I really liked Koboshi and Ten-chan as a couple from Pita-Ten! ^-^
Then it should please you that this is indeed canon in the manga

OMG, Shinji, there are so many we both agree on!!

Quote:
Train x Eve (Black Cat) - Purely a fanboy pairing. Although they had some nice interaction towards the end of the manga. And it was a really nice touch in the anime for Eve to have given meaning for the bell that Train wears.
AGREED! I hated Saya with a passion. XD Though I am glad that there is no chance for him to end up with her now. >
Eve........she rocks. The bell thing was so cute!!

Quote:
Yuzuru x Yuri (Angel Beats!) - While I love Yuzuru x Kanade and they are my favorite pairing from that series, this one pulls up to a dang close second. They had some nice interaction going on too.
I know!!

Quote:
Orphen x Cleao (Sorcerous Stabber Orphen) - It was all there. The feelings. The development. The setup.
F**K YES.

Quote:
Rito x Yami (ToLoveRu + Motto) - Yeah, Eve fan speaking here, so naturally I'm a Yami fan too.
Haha I ship LalaxRito but I like that pair too.

Quote:
Lelouch x Shirley (Code Geass) - They were in the zone. They were even pretty much official. Then Rolo stepped in and decided Lelouch couldn't have a girlfriend and a little brother.
Stupid Rolo.

Quote:
Nanoha x Yuuno (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha) - They set it up. They had it ready. They even brought in Chrono to be Yuuno's tsundere rival. Then they dumped it for the yuri innuendos.
YES!!! SO UNFAIR.
Old 2011-01-25, 21:15   Link #60
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
They had the buildup quite nicely... So I was also sad about the sudden turns they made with it