AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2012-06-29, 17:54   Link #8921
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
While officially a smart move on Wendy's part, I can't help but feel it was an awkward fit. AS if Mashima went, "Hmm, how can I make Wendy's healing magic a factor in this fight, even though she can't heal herself?" And then tried to shoehorn it in. Fight wasn't too bad, but didn't quite fit well with me.

Wondering what the implications of a Sky God Slayer in the mix means; possibly a power-up for Wendy down the road.

And Doranbolt(sp?) encounters a Mystogan, which he didn't think was supposed to be there. Not sure what to make of things, but looks like Erza will get involved somehow. Actually, I think Ultear will get involved somehow and help Jellal escape.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 18:01   Link #8922
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I did like the fact that a Sky Dragon/God Slayer has to pick between being able to heal other people's wounds and fatigue but not themselves or being able to heal herself and others but not being able to cure her or other's fatigue. It's a nice way of balancing things.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 18:09   Link #8923
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSkiper View Post
If you want Slayers, you can have puppy-slayers(Poor Quatro Puppy), loli-slayer(Eat them lolis!), Fairy-slayer(also known as Nakama-slayer).
actually they should summon the ultimate slayer, Lina Inverse.
Old 2012-06-29, 18:13   Link #8924
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
actually they should summon the ultimate slayer, Lina Inverse.
I ROFLed
But I still think Gourry was the better Slayer. He was more amusing anyways.

I'd actually love to see some kinda homage to the Slayers in Fairy Tail, say in a history book or something?
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:44   Link #8925
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Random crazy thought for next chapter. Doranbolt finds out Mystogan is Jellal and promptly arrests Jellal, only to later find out Jellal let them arrest another copy of himself.

Likely not going to happen but I found the idea of another Jellal existing at the same time rather amusing.
Old 2012-06-29, 20:51   Link #8926
ReinhartX

since doranbolt has knowledge another world exisiting i wonder if jellal could troll him by pretending his from another world and has no knowledge of whats going on xD

and srsly am i the only one that starts to find doranbalt annoying and shld just die =.=
ReinhartX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 20:54   Link #8927
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
since doranbolt has knowledge another world exisiting i wonder if jellal could troll him by pretending his from another world and has no knowledge of whats going on xD

and srsly am i the only one that starts to find doranbalt annoying and shld just die =.=
Seconded. 100%
Old 2012-06-29, 21:03   Link #8928
Miraluka
Banned

Well, I can see why he stopped Jellal, he ISN'T Mystogan so it makes sense he is that suspicious, if someone from the council like "Mest" did infiltrate why not another mage with evil intentions.

Doranbolt just happens to be ignorant about the fact cool Mystogan belongs to another different world instead Mystogan doesn't exists.

Again:
Mystogan >>>> Jellal
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:07   Link #8929
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Wow am I the only one that doesn't hate Mest? o_O
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 21:56   Link #8930
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wow am I the only one that doesn't hate Mest? o_O
I don't hate him i just think he gets a bad wrap cause he cares enough to do more than sit back and watch. That and he's a lolicon along with Eve.... but that doesn't make them bad! well mostly j/k on the second part but honestly if Jellal was still a bad guy and Mest looked at him and said "ah i thought that guy wasn't real, ah well Wendy's fighting so i don't have time fo him." He'd get flamed 10x as much.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 22:14   Link #8931
Jellal
Anime Critic

Fairy tail will bail him out of this situation.
Look at the last panel, Erza is already present - its in FTs best interests
to protect it's nakama.
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 22:32   Link #8932
immblueversion

Spoiler for An upcoming anime development:

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-29, 22:59   Link #8933
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I won't hate on Mest other than he has the WORST timing. Other than that, go ahead and take Jellal away but leave 'Mystogun'.
*sigh* Reading that ErNa fic really didn't help...But I can't help it~

So Wendy managed to come up with a pretty unique plan and those two went the distance against each other. Thirty freakin' minutes they fought - that's awesome. I see a future Sky Dragon/God Unison Raid in the works.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:30   Link #8934
Ryus
The One Eyed King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
Seconded. 100%
Thirded. 100%

Though in this series it just wont happen, but I'd settle for Wendy to punch him in the face for doing that to Fairy Tail/Jellal/Erza.
Old 2012-06-29, 23:54   Link #8935
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Spoiler for An upcoming anime development:
I saw that myself too. At first, I thought it was the original Satan soul but with the white from Mira's bathing suit, but a new transformation is a possibility.
Old 2012-06-30, 00:46   Link #8936
Ryus
The One Eyed King

^You mean this?

Spoiler for pic... posted since I think it might give hints about something manga related, which I'll get to in a minute:

I personally think it looks kinda dumb... I love her first Satan Soul the best her new manga one second best and that one third. Sorry but in this case less is more and pretty damn scary vs the others design wise.

On that page though what strikes me most is the surviving OS members seem to be out of jail (escaped or released is the question)... them coming back for a filler arc likely means Mashima has already said he has no plans of reusing them so they can be filler arc characters now. Bit of a shame with Cobra being a DS and all, and to a lesser degree Angel since she's one of the last 3 Celestial Spirit Mages left (assuming they don't give her a new magic which is likely since I doubt Mashima would want them creating spirits instead of him). She looks kinda hot and I'm glad she's gotten long hair to differentiate her from Yukino Aguria. Midnight's design is very gay but gone pimp... I didn't know the gay pimp combo was possible Racer looks like a fodder in any JRPG. The other 3 I think are new...

However the omission is what really catches my eye... Where is Richard? aka Hoteye? Does his omission just mean they're villains and he's no longer with them due to that? Or does that mean Mashima has plans for him and therefore they can't reveal his comeback? Could he be the man in the Rabbit costume in Blue Pegasus? I hope so. Sure not definitive proof but it does make his return to the manga seem likely and sadly Cobra's return seem doubtful atm.

Last edited by Ryus; 2012-06-30 at 01:00.
Ryus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 01:35   Link #8937
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Hey Ryus, do you know if that pic says the name of Mira's new Satan Soul? I still wanna know if it's based on another demon lord or is it another sub-division like Sitri. Also, looking at Angel, what the hell is she gonna use? I doubt she can win with only Silver Keys.
Old 2012-06-30, 03:13   Link #8938
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Well Jellal is technically Mystogan himself, just an alternative self
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 10:20   Link #8939
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryus View Post
^You mean this?

Spoiler for pic... posted since I think it might give hints about something manga related, which I'll get to in a minute:

I personally think it looks kinda dumb... I love her first Satan Soul the best her new manga one second best and that one third. Sorry but in this case less is more and pretty damn scary vs the others design wise.
According to the scan, the name of this new form is "Halphas" (ハルファス), also known as "Malthus" or "Count Malthus," ranked 38th among the 72 demons from the Lesser Key of Solomon, the same source where "Prince Sitri" (ranked 11th) comes from. In other words, we can guess that Mira's regular form is also named after one of these 72 demons.

Also, the scan seems to say this new form was "Mashima-sensei's idea."

Quote:
On that page though what strikes me most is the surviving OS members seem to be out of jail (escaped or released is the question)... them coming back for a filler arc likely means Mashima has already said he has no plans of reusing them so they can be filler arc characters now. Bit of a shame with Cobra being a DS and all, and to a lesser degree Angel since she's one of the last 3 Celestial Spirit Mages left (assuming they don't give her a new magic which is likely since I doubt Mashima would want them creating spirits instead of him). She looks kinda hot and I'm glad she's gotten long hair to differentiate her from Yukino Aguria. Midnight's design is very gay but gone pimp... I didn't know the gay pimp combo was possible Racer looks like a fodder in any JRPG. The other 3 I think are new...
They brought Cobra back. Called it. Maybe their prominent inclusion of Kinana will see fruition yet. Plus the scan says they were designed by Mashima or something, so I think it was a given that he'd make sure Angel wouldn't look like Yukino.

Quote:
However the omission is what really catches my eye... Where is Richard? aka Hoteye? Does his omission just mean they're villains and he's no longer with them due to that? Or does that mean Mashima has plans for him and therefore they can't reveal his comeback? Could he be the man in the Rabbit costume in Blue Pegasus? I hope so. Sure not definitive proof but it does make his return to the manga seem likely and sadly Cobra's return seem doubtful atm.
He's a good guy now, so... Maybe he got let out on parole for good behavior.

On another note, that "Grim Reaper" (グリムリーパー) character on the top looks quite a bit too much like Erigor, doesn't he? I mean, he was called "Erigor the Reaper" and all... Maybe he's a part of Oracion Seis now? (You know, with the codenames.) And as for that "Lapointe" (ラポワント) in the upper right? Doesn't he look like Brain? And then there's "Guttman (ガットマン)... Yeah.

I just know what you should be doing.

Last edited by immblueversion; 2012-06-30 at 10:43.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-30, 12:36   Link #8940
MAX_COLA_POWER!

It'd be funny if Mira DID turn out to have 72 transformations^^;;.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen