AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-06, 11:52   Link #21
inisipis

A very funny episode. Love the part where she just straight up called the cops. A very good candidate for my comedy fix this season after Nozaki.
inisipis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 16:29   Link #22
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
It's a lot more fun than the first episode of hozuki, but I can't help but feel that something's missing, probably the bgm in the background, and the punchlines doesn't have the same impact as say, nozaki or hozuki.

apart from that, this looks like a fun series, although I don't think I'll get over the fact that 3 grown men will be living with a toddler all alone in her house.
It'll just be the anime version of Three Men and a Baby/Little Lady.

Man I laughed all the way through. I was dying when she was throwing salt after he'd gotten taken away by the cops.

Also was Sakurai actually singing during the ED or did he just speak a few words? Because if he was actually singing this'll be one of the few times he's done so since the man seems to refuse to sing. Much to my disappointment when I found out my Diabolik Lovers character song of the character he does was more of a spoken word poem with pretty background music.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 16:38   Link #23
Dop
Mmmm....

There was something about this show (possibly the narration) which reminded me of a show from some time back called 'Binchou-tan' - Not in terms of plot or setting, but more that mixture of cute/sweet with sad/tragic.
Sure, there are some funny bits, but there's also the thought that the girl's situation is rather sad and quite tragic. It's an odd mix, but somehow they pulled it off.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 16:54   Link #24
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Also was Sakurai actually singing during the ED or did he just speak a few words? Because if he was actually singing this'll be one of the few times he's done so since the man seems to refuse to sing. Much to my disappointment when I found out my Diabolik Lovers character song of the character he does was more of a spoken word poem with pretty background music.
It was Ono Daisuke singing with Sakurai and Nakata doing the dialogue parts. Apparently Sakurai doesn't sing this kind of stuff anymore, which is a pity. (But that "dance, dance, dance" was hilarious. )
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 17:05   Link #25
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
That was great. I don't know what to say it's a very absurd anime with characters as odd as they look especially the lead girl character. It's ironic how the girl is more unsettling than the ghost himself. He's a very odd mixture of Handa and Hosaka, the fact that he makes a fool of himself by accident every time.
Nah, he doesn't strip like Hosaka did. Other than the shower scene

If Kohina's actually some ghost, it would explain why she's by herself and can see spirits.....

Offtopic: Does Sakurai suck at singing or something? If that's the case, I actually find that refreshing.
Old 2014-10-06, 17:09   Link #26
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
Offtopic: Does Sakurai suck at singing or something? If that's the case, I actually find that refreshing.
No, he's good at it, actually. (Or at least decent, I don't remember the last time I heard him sing...) It seems he stopped doing anisongs due to personal reasons, but I don't know about the details - I didn't know about this either until there was no CD for his character in Nobunaga the Fool while everyone else got one, and I started to wonder why.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 17:11   Link #27
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
It was Ono Daisuke singing with Sakurai and Nakata doing the dialogue parts. Apparently Sakurai doesn't sing this kind of stuff anymore, which is a pity. (But that "dance, dance, dance" was hilarious. )
I want the song, it would be nice if they had a version where you could get the creditless ED.

Sakurai's a decent singer. It looks like the last character song he did was for Shirokuma Cafe. You can hear a sample here. CD Japan
Old 2014-10-06, 19:40   Link #28
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I want the song, it would be nice if they had a version where you could get the creditless ED.

Sakurai's a decent singer. It looks like the last character song he did was for Shirokuma Cafe. You can hear a sample here. CD Japan
I love Sakurai singing the Disney songs, I just melt. He most definitely does not suck at singing.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-06, 20:25   Link #29
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
I love Sakurai singing the Disney songs, I just melt. He most definitely does not suck at singing.
I'd forgotten someone mentioned he'd done Disney songs. *runs off to do a youtube search*

Now that I've heard some more of his songs on youtube, I'm even sadder that he's decided to stop. I don't want to make this into the Takahiro Sakurai thread but if anyone's interested you can just do a search for him on youtube and some of his songs should pop up.

Also White Manju Bun thanks for reminding me of that because listening to various seiyuu sing Disney songs is way to awesome. *goes back to listening to Miyu Irino sing Under the Sea*
Old 2014-10-07, 02:05   Link #30
BPD Renegade

^His cover of Under the Sea was one of the fun ones in that album. Yamadera's songs on there are especially good. All the albums are on youtube, so have fun listening. I've learned my lesson from the last time I wasted hours doing so and will not be joining you guys this time around.

This thread derailed so bad.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 14:19   Link #31
BigFire

I found it a bit weir how distressful she looks when Kokkuri-san was clearing the house of all of her instant noodle. Even the limited edition ones (I know instant noodle have a long shelve life, but they're not infinite) which aren't made anymore.
BigFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 15:35   Link #32
AntonKutovoi

As I said before, I wish Jouji Nakata also sang in the OP. He isn't bad either.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dB8CL2V1WbY

As for Disney songs, it's off-topic, but still...
My favorite songs covers are Koichi Yamadera's songs, Ryoutaro Okiayu's Bella Notte, Sugita's One Jump Ahead and Houko Kuwashima and Junichi Suwabe's "I See the Light". Kaji Yuki's "Part of Your World" is hilarious as well.

Last edited by AntonKutovoi; 2014-10-07 at 15:46.
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-07, 18:46   Link #33
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Beautiful!

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 14:42   Link #34
chaos_animagic

so, a "evil spirit" turn into a guardian? LOL
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-08, 21:23   Link #35
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Oh my that girl eats nothing but ramen and she seem so creepy
Old 2014-10-09, 01:04   Link #36
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was surprisingly pleasant, given my modest expectations.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 23:32   Link #37
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Hmm...apparently, Kokkuri-san, being a ghost spirit, forgot that ghosts can walk through doors.

Also, I don't think Kohina needs a guardian. That girl can fight...with a laser beam no less! Kokkuri-san is more like her nutritionist.

But I do wonder where Kohina's parents are...(and where she gets the money to buy all those ramen cup noodles.)

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 01:45   Link #38
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Sentai picked this one up: http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...re-kokkuri-san
Old 2014-10-11, 03:14   Link #39
ToaruLL
Lord of Lolis

gu gu gu gure gure gure gugure

man that ED song is so catchy never knew he could sing that well, also i'm a bit stuck on which kohina design i like more the normal girl or the doll girl... both are too good...
Fansub Database See what fansubs are doing what animes.
Visual Novel Currently Playing - Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate
Anime currently marathoning - Aikatsu, Honey & Clover, Nodame Cantabile
Light Novels Currently Reading - Hataraku Maou-sama
Manga Currently Marathoning - Berserk
ToaruLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 08:46   Link #40
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Ono's probably one of the few VA who can sing legitamtely well. He's no Miyano though.

Tags
comedy, fantasy, shounen, supernatural