AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2008-02-25, 07:16   Link #21
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
No, the Wii will still be the cheapest.
I don't know, the 360 arcarde has a rrp of £199, wii £179. Shops are actually selling the 360 for £189, so in couple of months time i can see the price of the 360 dropping as low as the wii, or even lower. The price of the wii hardly changed since its launch, but the 360 is continuing to drop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
And please don't argue that the Wii isn't from this generation; it gets old.
Never said that and never will, because i know how to count. I don't really give a shit about those self-declared hardcore gamers, or core gamers, that always bring up that argument.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-25, 16:19   Link #22
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirth View Post
I'm still getting the impression that Tales fan = Symphonia Fan/ Nintendo fan here in the west, though. Most of the comments I see are all, "EW, 360!? No way, won't buy that crap. Nothing I want."
Nah, there are a buncha Tales fans over here that's familiar with the series way before Symphonia, especially the more famous/hardcore ones. (Shinryu and MasterLL, to name the two I recall right away.)

Go for the official Tales forum if you want to see non-Nin-fanboy Tales fans.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:05   Link #23
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
Go for the official Tales forum if you want to see non-Nin-fanboy Tales fans.
THAT QUAGMIRE?! Are you NUTS!? There are so many people there that just take your opinion apart, whether they agree or not, and attempt to make even the most respected poster look like a fool. At least a good number of vocal ones. Taiyz, Conn, and that stupid moron with the Mint fetish that keeps changing his name, Abicion.

Sorta like here when it comes to dubs. No, I'm not dropping it.

Does anyone even have a list of PS3 games I could get? All I've heard is don't get the Xbox, not enough games, when I've compiled a good, worthy list. Hell, my friend has a list up to his knee from his foot, and he says his PS3 list is much smaller. I can't justify this whole "Ew, Xbox 360" mentality with some of the arguments people are making.

By the way, when I do think about it, does anyone have any comments on the actual game? Everywhere it seems like everyone is turning the threads into yet another console skirmish, ignoring the actual topic.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 10:51   Link #24
Sides

Quote:
By the way, when I do think about it, does anyone have any comments on the actual game? Everywhere it seems like everyone is turning the threads into yet another console skirmish, ignoring the actual topic.
Well the only thing i saw was the PV on the official page. Most screens found on the web are basically grabbed from that PV, iirc. The only new information what we have, comes from the interview in that magazine.

Quote:
Does anyone even have a list of PS3 games I could get? All I've heard is don't get the Xbox, not enough games, when I've compiled a good, worthy list. Hell, my friend has a list up to his knee from his foot, and he says his PS3 list is much smaller. I can't justify this whole "Ew, Xbox 360" mentality with some of the arguments people are making.
Isn't there a 360 or ps3 thread somewhere, where you could ask?
But really don't get the xbox, get the 360. Are you looking for a list with a specific game gerne, list with released games, games being released in 2008 or games that will be released some time in the future, i.e. FFXIII?
Old 2008-02-26, 16:41   Link #25
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
Oh God, don't tell me people are thinking I'm talking about the XBOX. I mean the 360. I just don't bother distinguishing between either. I don't plan to get the old Xbox.

I don't know. Though I am mostly an RPG fan, I go for any games that I'd like. Anything that's good, really, though it just has to look interesting to me. And no, FFXIII is NOT on my list.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 18:10   Link #26
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Well, even though I'm anti-M$, the XBox 360 does have a good amount of good games going for it. The problem, though, is that the XBox 360 hardware failure rate is very high, and customer support is hit or miss.
Old 2008-02-26, 21:11   Link #27
Asamidori
ボカロ廃

Quote:
THAT QUAGMIRE?! Are you NUTS!? There are so many people there that just take your opinion apart, whether they agree or not, and attempt to make even the most respected poster look like a fool. At least a good number of vocal ones. Taiyz, Conn, and that stupid moron with the Mint fetish that keeps changing his name, Abicion.

Sorta like here when it comes to dubs. No, I'm not dropping it.
That's why you don't go to General and/or the offtopic forums/topic. Stick with the Tales Series Discussion forum, under the game title topics. (Or the game forums, where you get much better discussion? and none of those spammers you named above.) You don't see those people much when you're in an actual game-discussing topic, since all they really do is chat. (Especially Abicion. No, I don't like him.)

Quote:
Does anyone even have a list of PS3 games I could get?
GameFAQs.

Quote:
No one can really give you much comment when all we really know is the things from that one trailer and interview, which has been discussed to death already since what, December? (Err, may not be the case here? Discussed to death in any other Tales forums though.)

Your next infomation point is probably when Rebirth PSP is released, since it includes another trailer for Vesperia in the pre-order DVD. ← I'm not a Rebirth fan though, so no pre-order for me. >> Be waiting for Shin's Youtube vids.

Last edited by Asamidori; 2008-02-26 at 21:27.
Asamidori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-09, 07:24   Link #28
V-Slasher

shonen jump scan:

V-Slasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-12, 13:22   Link #29
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Seems it'll be a 360 title to me... Since it says 360 in the corner
EDIT:
Quoting a wikipedia comment:
'It has been confirmed on Gamespot that Vesperia will be exclusively for Xbox 360'
Old 2008-03-12, 16:29   Link #30
Sides

The official site has been already updated, highlighting that it will be coming to the 360, currently the cheapest console from this generation, in europe at least.
Old 2008-03-13, 10:57   Link #31
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Indeed. I went to Media Markt today, a big electronics store, and the XBox 360 was selling for only 199 EUR! Is this without a HDD, or what?
Old 2008-03-13, 11:03   Link #32
Sides

Yeah the Arcade version has no HDD, but comes with a memory unit, wireless controller and some budget games, unlike the older core version, which was basically the console and controller only.

Last edited by Sides; 2008-03-13 at 11:05. Reason: comes with a wireless controller, sorry
Old 2008-03-13, 11:07   Link #33
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Aw shucks - 360 only.
This is going to be like that time I purchased a used GC.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-13, 12:12   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

YES! Another reason to get a 360!
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 10:03   Link #35
Shiori-chan

cant wait for this game, busy playing eternal sonata and lost odyssey but still ^^
Old 2008-03-15, 23:39   Link #36
Fynal_Fyre
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiori-chan View Post
cant wait for this game, busy playing eternal sonata and lost odyssey but still ^^
Eternal Sonata was pretty damn good, although I passed it up when I heard Namco Bandai had released Ace Combat 6, AWESOME GAME!

Another excuse to pick up RPG's for my 360 anyhow. XD
Fynal_Fyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-20, 12:20   Link #37
Sides

Screens, screens, screens, at dengekionline. Some in-game shots and character profile. Neet. Reckon that the official HP will be update soon.

Edit: Hp updated
http://namco-ch.net/talesofvesperia/index.php (via Tales channel)
http://tov.namco-ch.net/ (new HP)

Last edited by Sides; 2008-03-21 at 11:09.
Old 2008-03-29, 21:57   Link #38
JCMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asamidori View Post
That's why you don't go to General and/or the offtopic forums/topic. Stick with the Tales Series Discussion forum, under the game title topics. (Or the game forums, where you get much better discussion? and none of those spammers you named above.) You don't see those people much when you're in an actual game-discussing topic, since all they really do is chat. (Especially Abicion. No, I don't like him.)

But GD is the best part of that forum!

I kinda like it it's on th 360 because it' cheap now, and probably price drop this summer. They don't fail anymore since the 65nm CPU
JCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 00:15   Link #39
phantasiagirl

*couldn't resist, watch me kill it *

@JCMS: And Forum Games.

Though I don't know about Taiyz; Conn and Abicion are okay for the very most part. People only seriously snark if the poster in question is an annoying smart-ass or a noob. Or if you state a fact/ask a question that has been repeated ALOT. So stop whining because someone was mean to you.

And GD/FG people can wander into the Tales of Boards too, by the way sorry.

So...uh, yeah. Since Vesperia's gonna be localized it's time to get a 360.
phantasiagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-15, 04:39   Link #40
Sides

Interview with the makers on watch impress

Tags
rpg