AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

Old 2007-04-22, 08:53   Link #561
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I like the parts where Matsuri keep 'insisting' that Yorito had Ecchi thoughts about her

The two of them sure Argue like couples...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:03   Link #562
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Watched Sola 03 with Doremi's fansub. Their timing is off for the karaoke for the OP, at least for the h264 version which I went for. I will inform them accordingly, if able.

Anyway, nice little 'my pace' slice-of-life episode where little happens, apart from the character development characteristic of any plot written by a KEY writer. Therefore, my thoughts on Episode 03 will be on the lighter side as well;

1) At the start, Yorito mentioned that the electric stove, water heater and air conditioner all broke by themselves. Although the obvious cause is apparently Matsuri being a graduate of the 'kick it and it'll work' school of mechanical repair, I'm starting to think there's more to it than that. In fact, I think it's the foreshadowing as to why Matsuri claimed Yorito will learn to hate her; the fact that machines break down easily around her seems to be a manifestation of her 'quick-rust' powers, at least to my reckoning.

2) I must be spoiled by KyoAni; Nomad's 'normal' animation quality seems to pale by comparison.

3) Aono sheds her (Yuki/Mai/Rei) demeanour rather quickly; she's still mostly silent, but at least she isn't as good as hiding her feelings than the aforementioned girls.

4) Again, I wonder how come Glasses Man has enough funds to feed Rozen Loli at a fairly high-class restaurant, yet doesn't have the moolah to provide the latter with something better than a cardboard box.

5) MEIDO!!! They've been strangely prevalent today; I saw a couple of them handing out flyers outside Orchard Road MRT this afternoon. Talk about a little bit of Japan coming to Singapore, and now I see Mana in her meido uniform.

Damned that I didn't have a camera today....

6) Oh, speaking of Mana, apparently she's stacked, and her meido uniform shows that to good effect.

7) Judging from their reactions when Mana suggested they were father and daughter, and judging from the kind of things Rozen Loli said, chances are Rozen Loli is somewhat like Matsuri as well. Which means not only do they not age, but apparently they're both stuck looking the same way forever. No wonder Rozen Loli needed Glasses Man around; she'll probably never grow up, if my theory is correct. What a bummer.

8) Requesting animated avatar from 08:37-08:41 of the Doremi sub of Sola Ep3; Matsuri doing her little 'detergent advertisement' thing with eyes alternately closed and open. Too cute.

9) Speaking of which, I just had a thought; where does Matsuri get the funds to buy all that cup ramen?

10) Requesting animated siggy from 11:50-11:55 of the Doremi fansub; SD Matsuri, Koyori and Aono castigating Yorito in his imagination, ending with Aono pulling out her knife. Find a way to add in the words they said, and stick my nick somewhere in there as well. I'm a fan of giving bishoujos sharp, pointy things too.

11) Matsuri really is simple-minded.
Speaking of which, I'm losing the Kaede-vibes from Mana, but now I'm getting from Mana and Matsuri the same vibes that I got with Nayuki and Ayu in Kanon 2k6.

Alright, then. Awaiting Ep04.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:10   Link #563
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
Hmm, I just checked the OP karaoke and it seems fine. Can you tell me where the timing is off?
Old 2007-04-22, 10:27   Link #564
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I like the parts where Matsuri keep 'insisting' that Yorito had Ecchi thoughts about her

The two of them sure Argue like couples...
shes sees right through him which is rather cute (and actually quite daring) if you as me :3 the points just keeps adding up for matsuri

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:33   Link #565
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
If it's too delayed, or not enough, just tell me.

Spoiler for it's from episode 3:
Very nice! Is it possible to include both of them, Yorito and Mana, in the frame? That moment is kind of funny because of how both of them simultaneously make the opposite faces. coooookiess

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But, my Yakkha theory is still holding up.

You forgot to mention the sola means "alone" as well as sola=sora="sky".
Note to Manju: Sola also means "alone" in Spanish. Oh, and Orion is one of our kuckoo theorists' residing in the thread. Be weary!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:38   Link #566
Maceart
Doremi-fansubs founder
*Fansubber

If I recall correctly, the vampire hunter treating Mayuko wasn't a high class establishment, it looked like a normal family restaurant which isn't quite expensive by Japanese standards.

But yes, Mana is quite stacked... never realized that.

AIR 2005! Kanon 2006! CLANNAD 2007-2008! Planetarian OAV/Movie 2010?
Maceart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 10:42   Link #567
ladholyman
Translator for Doremi

Send a message via AIM to ladholyman
Matsuri's so cool through everything. And blunt. And Mamiko Noto. This sure just keeps getting better and better. Now if only there's a plot...
Old 2007-04-22, 10:44   Link #568
Forever
Revealing the truth

Whoa ep 3 feels like an episode from aria. Relaxing atmosphere with pretty girls.

Mana looks great in that maid uniform!
Old 2007-04-22, 11:06   Link #569
arkxkra
全力全開

this anime nice , continue watch until end ~~

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2007-04-22, 11:14   Link #570
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkxkra View Post
this anime nice , continue watch until end ~~

Spoiler for ep3:
As far as we're concerned.

Spoiler for Aono:
kct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 11:17   Link #571
xat
*Fansubber

I mentioned this on irc; for being such a calm day, this episode sure had a lot of dialogue.

I think the theory about Matsuri still holds since she was still staying well away from sun light. Even though she could see the sky, it's only a glimpse. Sort of like waving candy in front of a child. For her it's probably about as good as looking at the picture she has. I'd say she wants more -- she wants to see the day sky in all of its open, unlimited glory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Watched Sola 03 with Doremi's fansub. Their timing is off for the karaoke for the OP, at least for the h264 version which I went for. I will inform them accordingly, if able.
Unconfirmed on my end; could you check where it seems off? The OP is very high motion in certain areas (bitrate during pans jump, for example) so it's possible for some systems to choke during those scenes.

Two ways to verify this: a. jump to a low motion area of the OP (~2:48ish) and check if it's in sync there - check if fps is 23.976 to 23.98, b. get the xvid version and see if it's in sync there. The xvid version is a near carbon copy of the h264 version (resolution aside). If it's in sync there, it's unlikely that it wouldn't be in sync for the h264 version.
xat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 11:22   Link #572
Asrialys

Yeah, when I play Doremi's h264 version, the OP and ED lag. Oh well. I'm watching Lunar's as well ^_^'
Old 2007-04-22, 11:46   Link #573
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladholyman View Post
Matsuri's so cool through everything. And blunt. And Mamiko Noto. This sure just keeps getting better and better. Now if only there's a plot...
there is a plot O.o from what i can see so far we have a hunter guy who is trying to capture matsuri and in an attempt to escape she is hiding at Yorito's place ~ more is to be revealed soon but we can expect some tears before the end

boy was the tongue twister crazy...good job for the attempt at translating it

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:00   Link #574
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
8) Requesting animated avatar from 08:37-08:41 of the Doremi sub of Sola Ep3; Matsuri doing her little 'detergent advertisement' thing with eyes alternately closed and open. Too cute.
How's this ?

Quote:
10) Requesting animated siggy from 11:50-11:55 of the Doremi fansub; SD Matsuri, Koyori and Aono castigating Yorito in his imagination, ending with Aono pulling out her knife. Find a way to add in the words they said, and stick my nick somewhere in there as well. I'm a fan of giving bishoujos sharp, pointy things too.
I'm afraid I can't extract an animated sign under 50,000 bytes out of that. It's too long, it has several frames and it's made in a way that I don't have many size reducing tricks to hand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Very nice! Is it possible to include both of them, Yorito and Mana, in the frame?
It is possible indeed, just that I can't make it 100x100 as it takes the whole screen ^^

Old 2007-04-22, 12:44   Link #575
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

[QUOTE=Pellissier;915329]How's this ?

OMG, I love that. Matsuri is too cute in that scene.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 12:58   Link #576
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Very nice! Is it possible to include both of them, Yorito and Mana, in the frame? That moment is kind of funny because of how both of them simultaneously make the opposite faces. coooookiess

Note to Manju: Sola also means "alone" in Spanish. Oh, and Orion is one of our kuckoo theorists' residing in the thread. Be weary!

Such is my lot in life for being a square peg.

Last edited by orion; 2007-04-22 at 14:46.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-22, 14:09   Link #577
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A very nice ep, although not much happened... except lots of character interactions, which i happen to like a lot.

Mana is a pretty nice character. She is quite sharp as well ^__^. She wasn't throwing much of a tantrum over the Matsuri issue, so she gets + points here. I guess she won't be competing for Yorito's affections after all.

Matsuri is ultra cute >.< She is quite blunt, but playful. I guess either you become a ball of angst over a couple hundreds of years, or you learn to smile at everything. And she sure likes teasing Yorito about him having ecchi thoughts (makes me wonder whether she actually minds or not). And they already bicker like an old couple

Aono throws another fit because her Onii-chan doesn't feel like spending prolonged periods of time with her in the hospital... sheesh, give the kid a break. I think i have a dislike for her already

So, the hunter plans to lay low for a while... i hope he stays that way

... i dislike one thing about this series though - it lacks scenes that would make for decent avatars ... was hoping to equip myself with a new Matsuri one, but looks like I'll have to wait till the next week (and hope that Pelly isn't first to catch the best scene )

So far - i am loving this one to bits.

Some Mana avatars i quickly threw together... need better scenes (and forgive me if they are crappy - i'm still learning >.<)

Old 2007-04-22, 15:01   Link #578
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
I actually liked this ep the best so far, even though there didn't happen anything much. Matsuri is just so lovely!
Somehow I got the feeling that this series won't have a happy ending though...
Old 2007-04-22, 15:11   Link #579
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

This thing is way too upbeat for a truly tragic ending. They got to get people interested in the game so I'd expect a tragic ending in the game as a bad ending and the anime reflecting at most a bittersweet one.
Old 2007-04-22, 15:13   Link #580
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

^ They are setting us up for a low blow *hides*

Tags
bishoujo, drama, nomad, romance, seinen, supernatural