AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-23, 00:45   Link #2241
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Well, to me it seemed like she screamed because she didn't want to hear more from Bern. Meaning that she did believe it.
You don't have to believe in something for it to tear your heart to shreds.

Quote:
Clever, got nothing to really counter that. But why would the red interrupt him, if not for something else?
LyricalAura already gave an idea. Beatrice knows better, and wouldn't accept the validity of his statement since she knows it's wrong.

And, well, she kind of makes the rules anyway.

Quote:
Well, Higurashi is treated as a novel in Umineko, and even if it is connected; Hanyuu never did anything. For all we know, she is a part of Rika's personality (Like shkanon). The time stops she does are completely useless. She leaves in no way any proof that she is supernatural.
So, Rika grabbing a bullet isn't proof? To say nothing of the fact that the entire scenario can't happen without Rika's supernatural knowledge from a shitload of timeloops.

But then, even you admit that the Meta-World is a sort of "magic", so even if it doesn't affect reality, saying there's no such thing as magic in red would be dishonest and a violation of objectivity.
Old 2010-12-23, 00:57   Link #2242
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

Or no time loops even happened... sort of like Umineko. An answer we all know well is that Rika was a weird, deranged child who imagined everything, yet we'll never know since its locked in Schroedinger's box. Both these series are soo similar that Umineko is almost a more complex copy where we actually get to open that box. And Bernkastel's red and Ange's scream are completely subjective in this point of time until EP8 IMO, so I think further discussion of this is kind of pointless.
Old 2010-12-23, 01:11   Link #2243
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Why was the trigger for the bomb set to 'on' before midnight of the first day? Shouldn't the bomb be triggered at the end of the second day?
Old 2010-12-23, 01:19   Link #2244
Revelation
*Artist

More and more inconsistencies... I'm guessing, along with the guns, these small minute details that get changed are more clues pointing towards the untruthfulness of the tea party. (Maybe, in every kakera, the second day is a lie because everyone already blew up... But no, I'm pretty sure EP5 explained that everyone dies the second day. )

Edit: Or! Perhaps it was set to off, and then they set it on, and everything after they blew up was a lie. Idk.. conffussing. 'Cause how would Eva live...?
Old 2010-12-23, 01:31   Link #2245
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Maybe we can see Battler running in in Ep8 and expose all these inconsistencies and show that it isn't true.

Maybe Bern's red about not having a happy ending is referring to Kinzo only. Or George. Then I won't mind.
Old 2010-12-23, 01:35   Link #2246
Vylen
Apprentice Sorcerer

Or, it could be a non-happy ending for us readers... after reading Ep8, we all die.
Old 2010-12-23, 01:36   Link #2247
Revelation
*Artist

I wouldn't mind an unhappy ending for Fatfatfat. If Yasu was the culprit, (not saying I agree with it), then I feel George caused everything if he hid those stupid love letters from Battler to Shannon. Implying they exist of course.
Old 2010-12-23, 01:42   Link #2248
Rattan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Why was the trigger for the bomb set to 'on' before midnight of the first day? Shouldn't the bomb be triggered at the end of the second day?
I guess that Beatrice thought of the possibility that the typhoon might not arrive. Since there WAS one and that meant that they were stuck there until Monday, Beatrice would just turn it off then turning it again on the second day. ...I guess :P
Old 2010-12-23, 01:43   Link #2249
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Maybe Bern's red about not having a happy ending is referring to Kinzo only. Or George. Then I won't mind.
Aside from the fact that a better translation of that red is "A Happy Ending Will Not Be Given", it's stated after she starts her OWN Gameboard.

Meaning it doesn't have to apply to anything outside of it, biznatch.
Old 2010-12-23, 01:48   Link #2250
Revelation
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rattan View Post
I guess that Beatrice thought of the possibility that the typhoon might not arrive. Since there WAS one and that meant that they were stuck there until Monday, Beatrice would just turn it off then turning it again on the second day. ...I guess :P
It was a couple minutes before the second day while it was still on, and I'm pretty sure the typhoon already came a lot earlier. Not unless Beatrice is like Kinzo and leaves it on a couple seconds before hand and then decides to disarm it.....

EDIT: Aha! I just reread it, and Beatrice set it while she was explaining it!

Last edited by Revelation; 2010-12-23 at 02:00.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:01   Link #2251
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Is it just me, or does Lion's behavior match the man from 19 years ago's a lot, even though they're in separate universes? The man on the phone acts in a sickly sweet manner even though he's being menacing (e.g. "Aaah, I'm such a nice son, caring about my mother's health... *grin*). Lion also displays such tendencies in Ep7 when he smiles serenely while threatening to pinch Jessica's butt.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:07   Link #2252
Revelation
*Artist

I always thought Kanon Yasu was the man from 19 years ago in the situation where Lion can't exist. Yasu was probably pissed when she found out the truth about Natsuhi throwing her over a cliff. Lion was the lucky one that got spared by Natsuhi's wrath, remember?

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean. Well, same personality traits even for different universes I guess. Also, I always thought that Lion's pinching was a hint of natural aggression that s/he had.

Last edited by Revelation; 2010-12-23 at 02:18.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:10   Link #2253
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

I know. But ultimately, they are the same person with similar personalities. I'm just pointing out that such a similarity exists.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:19   Link #2254
Kylon99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Dream View Post
It was a couple minutes before the second day while it was still on, and I'm pretty sure the typhoon already came a lot earlier. Not unless Beatrice is like Kinzo and leaves it on a couple seconds before hand and then decides to disarm it.....

EDIT: Aha! I just reread it, and Beatrice set it while she was explaining it!
You know, I wonder... does this mean in EP2, Shannon running to the basement as an excuse was really her running to the bomb and setting it back to on or something? Ok, maybe that's kinda too far for the length of time she was 'away,' but I'm wondering if in every episode someone has to go and Set Up Us the Bomb...

For example, George, Shannon and Gouda going to the chapel afterwards in EP2? Hmmm... or what about George sneaking out in EP3?

Basically the problem is if Beatrice merely left the switch to on, everything would be blown up on the very first day. But in all games it's the second day. That means that after midnight of the first day, someone has to sneak away to go arm it; if not Beatrice herself directly.

... so... is the arming consistently done by the same person in every episode? Or are there... helpers?
Old 2010-12-23, 02:36   Link #2255
Pika_power

Well in EP7, Beatrice was waiting in the Golden Room for the family to arrive. She was there until after midnight. Presumably she armed it once midnight had passed.
Old 2010-12-23, 02:53   Link #2256
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

I somehow missed the memo...

Spoiler for Conflicting Stories Much?:
Old 2010-12-23, 02:55   Link #2257
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Yep, but that was KINZO telling the story. His perspective is biased.

The red guts sort of reveal the truth somehow.
Old 2010-12-23, 03:05   Link #2258
Helmet-kun
Local Crackpot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Yep, but that was KINZO telling the story. His perspective is biased.

The red guts sort of reveal the truth somehow.
Yes, but what does that reveal about Spectators Authority? Is it just the 'truth' based on that person's perspective or the 'truth' based on what Yasu/Bern/ Whoever wrote those bits in was willing to reveal through that person? I'm leaning towards the latter.

Perhaps Theatergoing Authority is the former?
Old 2010-12-23, 03:58   Link #2259
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

That's what confused me about that Authority. It appears to be better than the Detective's Authority, but the last scene shows that it can be biased.
Old 2010-12-23, 05:36   Link #2260
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I'm pretty sure Kinzo deluded himself after all these years, and no longer knows any better.
Closed Thread