AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 41 39.42%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 25.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 18.27%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 9.62%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.96%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.92%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-03, 11:12   Link #101
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Technically, we should be spoiler tagging specific comments since the fansub hasn't been released yet, eh? eh?
(edit: my bad.... I was thinking of series with only one thread rather than whole subforums, ignore this).

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-07-03 at 15:46.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:23   Link #102
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Technically, we should be spoiler tagging specific comments since the fansub hasn't been released yet, eh? eh?
Nah, in general if you don't want to know what happens in episode 13, what are you doing in an episode 13 discussion thread?

The only thing that needs spoiler tagging is for things that are in future episodes.

Seriuosly, why do you think those waiting for the subs would even read this thread?
Old 2007-07-03, 11:28   Link #103
Nemo_N
Anime Leecher

About the store scene:

When I saw Anime Tenchou I thought "Again?; I think they are overdoing it".

But then I realized the cast of Keroro Gunsou was in it; after that, I believe it was the only way to fit them in the show. (Of course, we need more Lucky Star, but I can't complain so far)

Which makes me wonder; are there going to be more guest seiyuu?
Old 2007-07-03, 11:33   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Nah, in general if you don't want to know what happens in episode 13, what are you doing in an episode 13 discussion thread?

The only thing that needs spoiler tagging is for things that are in future episodes.

Seriuosly, why do you think those waiting for the subs would even read this thread?
Mainly because that's been the rule as I recall it for episode threads on these forums ... until a fansub is released, posters are requested to tag spoilers. I'll check with the mods to see if I'm remembering incorrectly or not.
Old 2007-07-03, 11:52   Link #105
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Mainly because that's been the rule as I recall it for episode threads on these forums ... until a fansub is released, posters are requested to tag spoilers. I'll check with the mods to see if I'm remembering incorrectly or not.
Well, back in the Gundam subforum, the rule is you put on spoilertags until the episode airs, then it is free-for-all.

You still haven't explained why you think people who don't want to know about an episode would want to enter the episode's discussion thread... What would they possibly want to discuss?

As far as I know, the rule you described is only for threads were multiple episodes were discussed together, if an anime doesn't have its own sub-forum. When each episode has its own thread, there is no issue.
Old 2007-07-03, 12:01   Link #106
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

It really doesn't matter whether *I* think it has a reason or not

You may be recalling right, but I'd prefer to do what the mods say so I'll wait for their feedback.
Old 2007-07-03, 12:13   Link #107
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Well, back in the Gundam subforum, the rule is you put on spoilertags until the episode airs, then it is free-for-all.
I though it was free-for-all until the episode in question was actually subbed; This only applies of course, if a group is actually working on said show. (Not talking about the Gundam forum, Btw.)

Lucky Star doesnt follow a set story, so maybe that's why the mods are more easy going with spoilers around here.
Old 2007-07-03, 12:17   Link #108
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well.. carry on as ya'll think best ... no mods on board at the moment it seems.
Old 2007-07-03, 13:23   Link #109
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Well.. carry on as ya'll think best ... no mods on board at the moment it seems.
Hai Hai

The use of spoiler tags for unfansubbed episodes is more of an etiquette than a real rule. Said this, their use would be nice, but it would be labeled as a form of courtesy towards fellow members more than anything else. I suppose we can't really force anyone to use them, inside the episode threads of the subforums; if one enters a given thread, he should more or less expect that he's going to read (supposedly unwanted) anticipations, so my suggestion for a person who wants to remain spoiler-free would be not to enter the thread until the fansubs are out (even I used to make like that sometime ago).

The point Daniel E. raises about Lucky Star is also pretty much spot on. I mean, I don't think that reading that

Spoiler for episode 13:

would ruin the vision of the episode that much.

I see spoiler tags as most suited for plot driven series. i.e. sola, I don't know if you used to read the episode discussion threads there, but a great use of spoiler tags was made, before the episode got fansubbed.

So in a nutshell, on subforums' episode threads, we generally leave spoiler tags use to users' personal thinking and responsibility.
As long as the discussion is related to the episode of the title, and doesn't go further in anticipations (i.e. next episodes), it is fine.

Obviously this is much different from the series' discussion thread of the fansubbed section, whereas the use of spoiler tags for unfansubbed episodes shall be a much more enforced rule (generically understood by members by the way) than just an etiquette.

Hope this cleared things up enough
Old 2007-07-03, 13:55   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Thanks, I stand corrected.... or modified... or whatever works.
Old 2007-07-03, 14:12   Link #111
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Mainly because that's been the rule as I recall it for episode threads on these forums ... until a fansub is released, posters are requested to tag spoilers....
For what it's worth, I disagree with this. I think that's the rule for general forums, but for shows that have threads for each episode, I believe that spoilers are not necessary, either as a matter of rules or as a matter of courtesy.

I just checked older shows and found that we did not use spoilers for Kashimashi, except for manga spoilers, and that there was spotty use of spoilers for F/SN. If you look at the first posts of these single-episode threads, it says to use spoilers for manga spoilers, but says nothing about things from the episode itself. I do see in the first post for the first single-thread episode of Kashimashi, that Catgirls asked for episode spoilers to be used there, but I see that he removed that request from the first post of episode 2, and it hasn't been in first posts since then, as far as I've checked.

I think spoilers are a bad thing, that they interrupt the conversation and should be avoided whenever possible. It is not possible in general threads, and spoilers should be used scrupulously there, but I thought part of the purpose of these single-episode threads was to avoid spoilers. That and to better organize vast conversations. I think the trend toward spoilers in single-episode threads is an unfortunate falling back into old habits that degrades the usefulness of single-episode threads.

However, I will follow whatever the majority (and/or the mods) want. The sola episode threads used spoilers, so I did (kicking and screaming). As for courtesy, I think it works both ways. I think it would be courteous of people who want to discuss an episode before they've seen it to confine their discussions to the previous episode's thread so as to allow a freer conversation in the thread for the episode itself, without spoilers that bury raw-watchers' comments out of sight. I personally find that the early discussions in these threads by people who haven't seen the episode tend to be more like general discussions anyway. If I haven't seen an episode, I can easily just not visit its thread.

I'm sorry to have gone on at such length, but this has bothered me for a while, so I thought I'd better discuss it fully.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-07-03 at 15:14.
Old 2007-07-03, 15:47   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well... as Pell noted, my recollection was offbase (or at least applied in the wrong kind of thread). Modified my post to flag for idiocy....
Old 2007-07-03, 18:02   Link #113
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
I'll wait till I've seen the episode to make my grading. But this got my heart stopped for a moment.

waaaa...dam you for playing with my heart so much seriously kona needs to control her fantasies so they remain in her head

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-03, 18:44   Link #114
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There were literally dozens of lovely moments in this episode (some almost too fast to catch), but the content on this one screen capture is pure family
Spoiler for Kona and dad:
Old 2007-07-04, 13:12   Link #115
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Quote:
There were literally dozens of lovely moments in this episode (some almost too fast to catch), but the content on this one screen capture is pure family
Spoiler for Kona and dad:
OMG AWW.
Old 2007-07-04, 17:21   Link #116
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Like Father Like Daughter I always say...

Well maybe the attitude and the mole

Kona-chan looks alot like mom. :P
Old 2007-07-04, 19:54   Link #117
AVPlaya
なんでやろう?

Placeholder Post... impression coming soon.

Just FYI if you want to know the meaning of the ED song, goto the Music Thread where I posed my translation.
Old 2007-07-06, 22:32   Link #118
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Lucky Star ep 13 by a.f.k is out!!

Old 2007-07-06, 23:22   Link #119
lftwgr

Yeah, I've been holding off on any discussion until it comes out.... it's about time too heh.
Old 2007-07-06, 23:28   Link #120
Asai
Nya? ^_^
*Fansubber

I loved the end. It had me in tears. Seriously the best anime ED ever.
Closed Thread