AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Rei OVA - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 27 38.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 40.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 5.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-24, 17:34   Link #61
KoiYuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowSong View Post
Poor Rika. However, can anyone reveal from their visual novel experience whether Rika was ever close to her mom before she died? Or how affectionate is Rika towards this mom?
She actually tried to distance herself from her parents, because she knew they always died.
Spoiler:

Last edited by KoiYuki; 2009-05-24 at 17:56.
Old 2009-05-24, 17:41   Link #62
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orophin View Post
Well, you can always read theacefrehley's rough translation of the Sound Novel if you want to.

Chapter: 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5

You only have to read chapter 5 if you want to continue where this episode ended but I would advise you to read it from the beginning to see what they left out in the anime.
Thank you, just got around to reading it all.

Spoiler:
Old 2009-05-25, 05:46   Link #63
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

As a Sakoto fan, I have to admit, she really had that coming, right on Rika! I was missing Hanyuu, glad to at least hear her voice again and seeing her in the flashback.

As to what Rika decides, we know blood will fly in the end.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-25, 06:13   Link #64
Silverwyrm

wow I was like "holy ****" it Rika's sudden burst of violence at Satako O.o Im a bit surprised everyone wrote it off so easily. With that said, she did kinda have it coming. So whats the release schedule on this? 1 more in a month then its over?
Old 2009-05-25, 06:16   Link #65
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

22nd of June If I'm right.
Old 2009-05-25, 11:29   Link #66
Eleutheria
旅行癖

They took out the all-important wine scene!
Old 2009-05-25, 12:17   Link #67
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
I also noticed that they really toned down Rika's sadness quite a bit, it takes away from the sense of dispair she's supposed to be feeling.
Speaking of which, I like how the OP portrayed Rika's sense of alienation better than the actual show.
Old 2009-05-25, 13:51   Link #68
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Did they , or will they move it to the next episode?
Old 2009-05-25, 17:02   Link #69
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Did they , or will they move it to the next episode?
What she thinks in that scene influenses what she tells Yamamoto. Since that was altered, I doubt that they'll include it later.
Old 2009-05-25, 17:48   Link #70
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

From the POV of someone who hasn't read the sound novel nor is fixated with Higurashi's violent side, I was frankly impressed by the emotional dilemma this episode presented for Rika. Remember that rather tha skippig over things, it is R07 the one that often tends to overdescribe situatios, so IMHO the anime's rendition was quite on mark.
Old 2009-05-29, 22:09   Link #71
Change of Pace
Shameless Zoro Fangirl

Holy goddamn shit. This episode and its ending has left me unable to formulate coherent speech, and instead has me babbling to anyone who will pretend to listen about why I love Higurashi to the point of no return. I've been overly careful with spoilers, so all I knew was that Rika was going to have to choose to commit a "forbidden sin" to return to the previous sin. Knowing that this sin... concerns her own mother... oh god, if I wasn't shaking by the end of the episode, I am now. Combined with the Satoko beating scene and the entire melancholic feel that this arc is seeped with... I-I need to go calm down; this is too much for my nerves.
Old 2009-06-01, 11:47   Link #72
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Rika shows Satoko who's the boss.

Seriously now though, I wonder if she would choose to stay with her parents or go back to her own world.

*can't wait for the next episode

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2009-06-01 at 17:12.
Old 2009-06-01, 19:30   Link #73
y0shi

I didnt really want to read through the entire thread so forgive me if this has been asked before, but I've been wondering this since I started Rei 2
Why is Hanyuu back to Ghost Mode to begin with? If Rei would be the sequel to the original ending of the series (how can anyone remember all those arc names ?) she should be a real human.

And after reading a bit it seems like rei (like the whole anime) is lacking information from the games? So if you want to know it all, would it be better to play the games? (I guess there should be a way to download an english version somewhere, right?)

Does Rei even make any sence without the games? Is there a way to make complete sence out of the entire series without any of the tipps / hints?
Or does it just lack and has flaws at some point that just make no sence / are never explained (anyone remembers this see of darkness paralel world and this de-mon in digimon 02 which just made no sence since they never finished this plotline and it was just a loose end?)

If also read some stuff about that there is another "final" ending in the games and rei may acutally be a sequel to that ending (which would be weird because no one here "should" know about that ending and if you just take the series it would make no sence at all)

What would be your best take on the entire series (if you dont speak japanese)?
Because I really think about playing the games (if this is possible) and reading the mangas to get closer to how higurashi was supposed to be.

~~~~~~

I'm sorry for going offtopic (through I still tried to stick to it somehow) but all those arcs and extra arcs and alternate arcs and videogames and mangas and whatnot are just too much for me and I really want to completly understand higurashi
The series all by itself is confusing enough but after reading the wikipedia article about all the arcs I just lost all hope at ever figuring it out completly, but then I found this board thx to google and it seems like there are some people around here which got it figured out. Still I cant make no threads so I decided to just ask here before my mind blows

Thanks for any answers xD

// just checked the preview, i use this smiley too much but its kinda fitting for higurashi //
Old 2009-06-01, 21:51   Link #74
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
Why is Hanyuu back to Ghost Mode to begin with? If Rei would be the sequel to the original ending of the series (how can anyone remember all those arc names ?) she should be a real human.
Remember the scene with Keiichi's dad? Hanyuu was in her human form there too but she later appeared in her spirit form when she was talking with Rika. It's safe to assume that she can change form at will.

Quote:
Does Rei even make any sence without the games? Is there a way to make complete sence out of the entire series without any of the tipps / hints?
The anime is only lacking compared to the sound novel (game) and manga. You can understand the core of the story just fine with the anime.

Quote:
If also read some stuff about that there is another "final" ending in the games and rei may acutally be a sequel to that ending
Rei is the epilogue of the last arc of Kai. That other ending you speak of is from the PS2 game and it replaced the original ending. As far as I know, the original author had nothing to do with it so it isn't canon.

Quote:
What would be your best take on the entire series (if you dont speak japanese)?
Because I really think about playing the games (if this is possible) and reading the mangas to get closer to how higurashi was supposed to be.
Personally,

sound novel > manga > anime

There's a demo of the sound novel if you want to try it and it's fully translated too. You can download it with the patch preinstalled here. To start it up, you have to run 'onscripter-en' in the english folder.
Old 2009-06-02, 07:16   Link #75
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

A simple question;
Spoiler for A certain character from Umineko & Higurashi:
Old 2009-06-02, 15:09   Link #76
Katsu Koneko
明日がある

Send a message via AIM to Katsu Koneko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
A simple question;

My AnimelistMy DeviantartMy Youtube
Index & Spinx banner Made by Pellissier / Keiichi & Rika Icon Made by Nabiki Asakura
Old 2009-06-02, 16:53   Link #77
y0shi

"Remember the scene with Keiichi's dad? Hanyuu was in her human form there too but she later appeared in her spirit form when she was talking with Rika. It's safe to assume that she can change form at will."

Not really, dont want to rewatch the entire series, which scene ?
Old 2009-06-02, 16:55   Link #78
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That was one of those scenes after the credits I think..Somewhere around episode 17 of Kai.
Old 2009-06-02, 17:42   Link #79
y0shi

Its episode 18, thanks xD
Still seems strange that she just switches her forms like that, especially when they are out and playing, why would she go ghost mode instead of joining them?
Old 2009-06-03, 11:43   Link #80
maximilianjenus
[E]

To not freak them out.
Closed Thread