Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-14, 05:27   Link #441
chaosprophet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Remember which girls did best last year in Nominations? Only one of them came close to surviving ISML 2009....the one that was on top of it.....Reimu.

(Aside from Taiga of course)
But this year as nominations aren't weighted, they may say more about how things will go later on.
Old 2010-01-14, 16:17   Link #442
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hopefully it will make a difference...but this time they have to go against the upper half veterans as well as each other.
Old 2010-01-14, 16:51   Link #443
hinakatbklyn

Total guess but 1 of 2 scenarios could happen in the preliminaries.

(1)The top seeds (most likely the auto entries) will get separated 1 for each bracket and everyone else random draw.

(2)The matchups could be entirely random (for example 1 bracket could be all auto entries and another could be contestants with 2 or 3 nominations.

Regardless of who makes it through the preliminaries, the top 16 will be waiting, and I doubt they will be easy outs.

(Edit) How would I rate the top 14 if there are 32 automatic entries from ISML? I'll go with ISML 2009 rankings to make it simple. Let them try and defend their spot.

Suiseiseki (Rozen Maiden)
Shinku (Rozen Maiden) / Holo (Wolf and Spice)
Nagisa (Clannad) / Rika (HNKN)
Izumi Konata (Lucky Star) / Ibuki Fuko (Clannad)
Saber (Fate/Stay Night) / Maria (Hayate no Gotoku)
Kotomi (Clannad) / Nagi (Hayate no Gotoku)
Hiragi Tsukasa (Lucky Star) / Konjiki no Yami (To Love ru)
CC (Code Geass)

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-01-14 at 17:34. Reason: Rough estimate of Top 14
Old 2010-01-14, 17:12   Link #444
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Total guess but 1 of 2 scenarios could happen in the preliminaries.

(1)The top seeds (most likely the auto entries) will get separated 1 for each bracket and everyone else random draw.

(2)The matchups could be entirely random (for example 1 bracket could be all auto entries and another could be contestants with 2 or 3 nominations.

Regardless of who makes it through the preliminaries, the top 16 will be waiting, and I doubt they will be easy outs.
I would love to know whom you believe to be the top 14 seeds among the preliminary contestants
Old 2010-01-14, 17:24   Link #445
Team Rocket Elite

Some of the 16 characters already in the round robin are the strongest characters there are but some of the Top 16 may have trouble with characters coming in from preliminaries.

Who would win these matches and what percentage will they get?
"vs the Top 16" edition

Senjōgahara Hitagi (BKMN) vs Hiiragi Kagami (LS)
Evangeline McDowell (NG) vs Haramura Nodoka (SAKI)
Furude Rika (HNKN) vs Nakano Azusa (K-ON)

If I had to guess who the Top 14 nomination getters were, I'd say:
Spoiler for Top 14:

Last edited by Team Rocket Elite; 2010-01-14 at 17:52.
Old 2010-01-14, 18:48   Link #446
hinakatbklyn

Hitagi v. Kagami. 2 popular characters from their respective series. (2 totally different genres)
Mature Moe and Slice of life (Cute) Moe. Who would be more popular past or present? Kagami 51-49.

Looks like Evangeline is still popular. It helps that the manga and OVA Animes are keeping the Negima series active. While one area supported Nodoka, how will everyone else respond? Evangeline 60-40.

Another Mature v. slice of life genre contest. This time both characters are cute (moe). Higurashi appears to have staying power which could help Rika. Azusa on the other hand is relying totally on being moe. Azusa was a late entry in the first season which might be to her disadvantage, If the second season comes out in time, it could determine how well she does in the later rounds. Azusa 51-49.
Old 2010-01-14, 22:44   Link #447
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Senjōgahara Hitagi (BKMN) vs Hiiragi Kagami (LS)
Evangeline McDowell (NG) vs Haramura Nodoka (SAKI)
Furude Rika (HNKN) vs Nakano Azusa (K-ON)
Hiiragi Kagami (55%) > Senjougahara Hitagi (45%) - A veteran is a veteran. Just as Taiga can't beat Shana (even though Taiga is obviously superior), Hitagi neither has the absurd popularity nor the time required to create enough of a name for herself.
Haramura Nodoka (55%) > Evangeline McDowell (45%) - Evangeline seems pretty weak, so....
Furude Rika (51%) > Nakano Azusa (49%) - Rika is a pretty decent contestant, but it's K-On man. This can really go either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahasuerus View Post
You don't like Strawberry Marshmallows? :
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
KholdStare's skill for PVs is indeed incredible. But Eater, I never knew you didnt like Strawberry Marshmallows D:
I don't like strawberries, and I've never eaten marshmallows before.
Old 2010-01-14, 23:01   Link #448
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I don't like strawberries, and I've never eaten marshmallows before.
... why do I get the feeling I'm being trolled?

Just in case that either you really don't know or your trollskillz are of superior quality, the PVs Theme Song is from the OP from Ichigo Mashimaro, as are a bunch of girls in the middle of the PV (who, oddly enough, weren't even nominated for ISML ).

But I suspect that you knew that

Anyway, they are moe, strawberries are good, and marshmallows are tasty; combination is lethal
Old 2010-01-15, 03:31   Link #449
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If it's any consolation to you, Aha, I believe there are frogs in ginger ale. XD That show made me.
Old 2010-01-15, 04:08   Link #450
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
If it's any consolation to you, Aha, I believe there are frogs in ginger ale. XD That show made me.
Er, there aren't?

I'm only at episode 5 and guess that I haven't come to that yet, unless I missed it Will try to finish it tomorrow; it's the only series that kind of compares to Azumanga Daioh, so it's auto-win
Old 2010-01-15, 05:17   Link #451
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I think it was in Episode 6.
Old 2010-01-15, 13:07   Link #452
Team Rocket Elite

Senjōgahara Hitagi (BKMN) [43.73%] vs Hiiragi Kagami (LS) [56.27%]
Evangeline McDowell (NG) [54.43%] vs Haramura Nodoka (SAKI) [45.57%]
Furude Rika (HNKN) [47.36%] vs Nakano Azusa (K-ON) [52.64%]

Even if Lucky Star is fading, Kagami is still one of the strongest characters. Even if Hitagi is expected to be one of the strongest new comers, she doesn't have what it takes to win. Nodoka may be one of the 16 who autoqualified for the round robin phase, she's not that strong. Evangeline would have a lot of problems trying to reach the Top 34 of the preliminaries and even she should have enough power to defeat Nodoka. Rika had quite a few bad matches in 2009, but overall she was a very strong competitor. Azusa is supposed to be a competitor for place in the Top 16 of 2010. I think Azusa will have a tough time winning, but she'll come out on top. For what it's worth, the first four arcs of the Higurashi VN were released in English recently and the next four arcs are supposed to come out some time soon.
Old 2010-01-15, 14:46   Link #453
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Hey, if you knew more of my trolling skills, you would know that the first two characters in the PV isn't even in ISML.
Old 2010-01-15, 15:05   Link #454
Ahasuerus
UNBOUND-ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Hey, if you knew more of my trolling skills, you would know that the first two characters in the PV isn't even in ISML.
Oh, ONLY the first two?

Well, it'll give you a chance to make another PV for the prelims, and another for the Regular Season, and another for semifinals, and another for...

-what was I saying?

Cute Strawberry Marshmallow girls though
Old 2010-01-15, 15:18   Link #455
hinakatbklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Now that you mention it, the second character from the PV wasn't in ISML but I did know who she was.

Before throwing in the towel on the quiz, Looking at the PV, the third character sounded like trouble for some. Hard to believe the only one I got wrong would of been the first one. (I would of never got that first answer even though I'm familiar with the series she was from).

Guess I'm not smarter than an anime fan.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-01-15 at 15:31.
Old 2010-01-15, 16:27   Link #456
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I'd use Saimoe as a guild, but Saimoe does not always equal ISML. Though in some areas they seem to be getting closer in high vote counts to certain characters.
Old 2010-01-15, 17:30   Link #457
Team Rocket Elite

Until we get more info about the preliminaries, I suppose I'll keep throwing out some matches to consider:

Who would win these matches and what percentage will they get?
"lower end character" edition

Mizunashi Akari (ARIA) vs Hanato Kobato (KOBA)
Chiba Kirino (BB) vs Mizuno Kaede (NK)
Nagi (KNG) vs Kusakabe Misuzu (EYES)

Akari, Kirino and Nagi ranked near the bottom of the ISML 2009 Round Robin rankings, but they can still beat the weaker newcomers, right?
Old 2010-01-15, 18:10   Link #458
hinakatbklyn

Kobato is an up and comer that should not be taken too lightly. It might just be enough to outlast Akari even though the Aria series has multiple seasons. Kobato 51-49.

On the other hand, kannagi is still not completely out of sight out of mind. I don't see Nagi with any ring rust. Nagi 60-40.

Chiba Kirino was already mega cute in bamboo blade with the subs alone. She got an even bigger boost with a dub. I'd be willing to say the margin of victory will be close to Yin's exhibition blow out loss. Kirino 75-25.

(Should of waited until the official tally came out before making my prediction. I still think Kirino will win. A realistic 55-45.

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-01-15 at 22:11.
Old 2010-01-15, 20:45   Link #459
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Rocket Elite View Post
Nagi (KNG) vs Kusakabe Misuzu (EYES)
Is 11eyes considered EYES? I thought it would have been 11
(What would you do if there was a 3x3 eyes character?.)
Is there a list of all the shorthand series names?

Anyway Misuzu will probably lose pretty badly.
Spoiler for 11eyes:
Old 2010-01-15, 20:55   Link #460
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinakatbklyn View Post
Chiba Kirino was already mega cute in bamboo blade with the subs alone. She got an even bigger boost with a dub. I'd be willing to say the margin of victory will be close to Yin's exhibition blow out loss. Kirino 75-25.
I dunno I think you're really cutting Mizuno Kaede short a LOT since judging from nomination info we have she was on the higher end of it even comparable to Ritsu from K-ON, and she was highest of the Nyan Koi Girls, so that kinda result seems unlike.
MAL
Closed Thread

Tags
contest, isml, saimoe, tournament, voting