AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 27 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-01, 06:08   Link #61
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Wonder if everyone caught that very brief shot of the k-on seniors appearing inside Azusa's yakisoba as she is pushed down the water slide. What is the symbolism behind that?
Old 2010-07-01, 06:13   Link #62
zette

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Wonder if everyone caught that very brief shot of the k-on girls appearing inside Azusa's yakisoba as she is pushed down the water slide. What is the symbolism behind that?
Now that is what I call a good eye. Nice catch. I don't think it's meant to mean anything but it's pretty funny regardless.

Took a snapshot for the hell of it:

Old 2010-07-01, 06:48   Link #63
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Poor Azu-nyan. T_T

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2010-07-01, 08:17   Link #64
itzglez
♫♫♪

Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
Wonder if everyone caught that very brief shot of the k-on seniors appearing inside Azusa's yakisoba as she is pushed down the water slide. What is the symbolism behind that?
saa... Now that you bring it up, I knew I saw faces on the yakisoba. might've probably she saw her seniors sliding with a yakisoba it's a dream anyways whatever that means.
Old 2010-07-01, 08:26   Link #65
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

This is probably the cutest episode ever. Azunyan is just plain adorable!

But why is she having those kind of weird dreams. They are like....completely senseless.

P.S You can't get food poisoning by eating watermelon and tempura. Unless you have a sensitive stomach.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-01, 08:56   Link #66
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

But why is she having those kind of weird dreams. They are like....completely senseless.

P.S You can't get food poisoning by eating watermelon and tempura. Unless you have a sensitive stomach.
Drugs? , someone put drugs in her food in the morning lol.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:48   Link #67
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Someone mentioned that the food poisoning might be one of those internet email rumors that spreads around Japan. We know Azusa is on the net since she got all those things for her guitar online. She just might have read something online and believed it.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:48   Link #68
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWish View Post
Drugs? , someone put drugs in her food in the morning lol.
It's more like eating oily food and then stuff like water melons puts a strain on ones stomach.
Old 2010-07-01, 16:44   Link #69
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post

I agree with this post, and as by being the cutest episode, it's also my favorite episode so far. Really great balance of cute Azusa, and well hilariousness due to her dreams .
MAL
Old 2010-07-01, 18:29   Link #70
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by zette View Post
Now that is what I call a good eye. Nice catch. I don't think it's meant to mean anything but it's pretty funny regardless.

Wow, you guys have sharp eyes. I don't think there is any symbolization, its just kinda quirky and funny. Easter eggs ftw
Old 2010-07-01, 20:01   Link #71
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're often pining/disillusioned because someone attractive and mature like Sawako can't even seem to find a boyfriend... but as we also know, Sawako has other issues that may steer many guys away
If we compare the armed forces allegory of the AK-47 vs the M16, where in the hands of soldiers who call them wives, it would be a biker chick/rocker girl vs prom queen/fashion model.

Compare it today where more countries adopt the M16s than the AK-47 as a standard issue rifle, it is a marketing issue by the world : we take the prom queen/fashion model just because they look good, and end up with something hard to clean in our hands.

I would compare Azunyan to a Five-seveN. Small, cute, but when fired, the round is armour-piercing, as akin to her scathing down-to-earth commentary she often makes. Doesn't mean she's unlike other guns though : she also requires maintenance.

Sawako isn't that bad of a woman, considering how she cares for the girls (when properly blackmailed). She'd make a responsible mother and loving wife, the latter part shown in when she did her best (and succeeded) when trying to impress the guy who "prefer wild girls".

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-01, 20:05   Link #72
GreatTeacherKen

Quote:

I noticed it, but since it was late at night when I watched this episode, I wasn't sure if I saw it correctly or if I was dreaming like Azunyan.
Old 2010-07-02, 00:08   Link #73
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

This week on K-ON!! Azu-nyan does what all budding rock guitarists do . . . engage in a summer soaked in drugs! She gets hit up with some totally awesome Sweet Alabama Liquid Snake, and the result is half of this episode. The drug's long-term side effects, however, can only be depicted by H-doujinshi, so we'll never see them.

Apart from that, we get some more bonding between the junior girls, and more reminders that the end of high school for the seniors just might mean the end of HTT. All in all, a good episode. Eight totally stoned out of her gourd Azu-nyans out of ten.
Old 2010-07-02, 06:07   Link #74
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

I was thinking that Azunyan is portrayed like a real kitty. Taking catnaps throughout the entire hot day because there is nothing else to do.

And it answered the question of "When cats take naps, do they dream?". Apparently they do. Weird ones that made little sense.

Quoting Freud that dreams are portrayals of our deepest desires, I guessed that Azunyan having a dream about each of her senpais pretty much showed how much she's scared about being lonely when all of the graduate. How cute!

Old 2010-07-02, 06:31   Link #75
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
I didn't even notice that...

It's taken me two seasons to finally figure it out: Dark Azunyan is not cute.

This season was... somehow boring? And I get annoyed each time each development only turns out to be a dream (Then again, I'm stupid for not thinking it was a dream).

It's even an episode about Azusa... Why was I bored? It's just like the case with the Mio fans episode (but this one bored me a lot more than that episode did). Maybe I'm graduating from being a K-On fanatic? (Or it could just be school getting to me.)

Aaaanyway, it's a fairly enjoyable episode, but it didnt really catch my eye, like a lot of recent K-On!! episodes, so I give it a 7.

P.S. Or could it be that the thought of the original K-On girls graduating saddens me so much that I don't want to think about it, therefore making me annoyed? (I think too much)
Old 2010-07-02, 11:01   Link #76
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One interesting thing about the dreams was that they allowed the writers to incorporate or reference some of the "hanging" 4-koma strips that might otherwise be left behind. And in a very Twilight Zone way, many of the dreams ended up actually happening (sort of) in real life which muddled Azusa even more about what was dream and what was real.
Old 2010-07-03, 12:29   Link #77
kitten320

Azusa sure is having weir dreams... I liked the one with Yui where she played the music to suit the mood
Old 2010-07-03, 19:00   Link #78
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Wouldn't have thought Azunyan would have surreal out there and "Osaka" like dreams. Yui's weirdness must be rubbing off on her from all that hugging.

Who else laughed when Yui's playing became like a horror movie's when she got food poisoning in dream number one?
Old 2010-07-04, 08:11   Link #79
OkamiNoKaze

I rather liked this episode, The dream sequences were great. Hmm, so to the Japanese it's an urban legend of sorts that eating cold, and fried things gives you food poisoning. Wonder what they would think of fried ice cream.
I love how GMT keeps finding all these Dethklok comparisons, and I usually agree. I'd love to a amv made that uses audio from "Dethklok gets in tune" from the first soundtrack, and footage from K-On.
Old 2010-07-04, 17:36   Link #80
Unknown Soldier
:D

There's been a wierd serious sentimental vibe going through all the recent episodes. The Summerfest episode and now this one are both like that. Poor Azunyan's going to be all by herself soon. T_T

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergho View Post
What is amazing to me is how the writer can keep us interested. The show is about nothing really. There's no explosions. No katanas. No sex.
There have been many TV shows in many countries about "nothing". It's not about what the show is ABOUT, it's about how much fun you are having while watching it. One notable example in American television is Seinfeld. And of course comparisons to Azumanga are inevitable, K-ON is essentially Azumanga Daioh + Beck and somehow it manages to be better than both, one of the advantages of not having to go first.
Closed Thread