Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-08, 12:10   Link #3321
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudolicious View Post
Yeah, Xenoblade is really impressive at times. The landscape/exploration turned out quite amazing, how long is the game supposed to be anyways? I stalled it on about 15-20hrs in, if I have time left I'll continue it after replaying the Zelda series.
About 50-80 hours? I got sidetrack and did as many quest along the way. So my play time got to about 135 hours before I got burned out and just went to the final boss.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 15:16   Link #3322
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Right now I am playing Dota2 trying to get higher in the MM, right now sitting at high.
Is anyone playing dark souls on the PC?
Old 2012-09-10, 07:49   Link #3323
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I am currently playing Star Ocean 4: The Last Hope International (PS3).
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 08:31   Link #3324
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I'm curently playing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I'm about to do my second PW battle. Things got really epic.
Old 2012-09-10, 16:49   Link #3325
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

About 18hrs in and just started ch.6 on Neptune V. I'm really liking it so far. No where near as frustrating as the first one but not as easy as the second one either.

Performing a "Guard Break" on the enemy during battle is almost as important as the first on as some of the larger enemies won't take much damage without doing so. In Mk.2 you could've just repeatedly attacked the enemy with any combo and you would've managed. Though the new Exe Drive moves are a total game breaker as they're extremely powerful. Even boss class enemies go down with one or two hits of it. (assuming they're in a "guard break" status) I bet players of Mk.2 remember the dragon, fenrir, and dolphin type monsters you were supposed to stay away from early on in the game? Yeah, they go down with one hit of these too. (O_O)

At the end of each chapter the game even gives a review on your playthrough of that chapter. With four judges with 10points each you can get a max of 40 points, if you score high you get a rare item and...I have not been doing well. You're scored based on:

*FIXED "Quests" and "Share"
Quests - How many of the quest that appear in that chapter you have completed. *some exceptions*
Share - How many you've acquired for Planeptune
Seeker/Reporter/Researcher* (is what I'd guess would be a close translation of it) - How much use of this new system
Enemies defeated - <- That says it all

The seeker/reporter is a new system introduced in V and what you do is send the citizens of the world to search dungeons for items, new characters, new dungeons, etc. Sometimes they will return with new info that will either change the enemies or the items that appear in a dungeon or they will come with info that will either increase or decrease exp gained, money gained, or item drop rate. Though ofcourse you have to pay them, the higher their level, the more you can pay for higher success.

The only category I score a 10 on all the time is the "enemies defeated", I haven't scored over a 5 in "quests" and "shares" as the scoring is very harsh. Doing quests as they appear isn't enough, you pretty much HAVE to repeat a cleared quest numerous times to score a 10 in "quests" and "shares". I had to redo quests a couple dozen times to score a "7"...orz. I've given up scoring high in these categories on this playthrough as I'm sure I'm going to give this game another three, four playthroughs.

Not to mention in V you can't accept any quests that are ranked higher then you are. In V you have to take promotion quests to raise your rank to be able to accept higher rank quests. I'm on ch.6 and I'm still a D rank...orz

...but what I love the most about this game is Hanazawa Kana's voice acting of Puluruto/Iris Heart. As Puluruto it's the usual HanaKana that I'm used to, slow paced and cute but as Iris Heart...I never thought that I'd hear HanaKana be sadistic...it sends shivers down my spine.

Last edited by shinku no kage; 2012-09-19 at 23:58.
shinku no kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 21:33   Link #3326
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
...but what I love the most about this game is Hanazawa Kana's voice acting of Puluruto/Iris Heart. As Puluruto it's the usual HanaKana that I'm used to, slow paced and cute but as Iris Heart...I never thought that I'd hear HanaKana be sadistic...it sends shivers down my spine.
Ah, so you've heard it. Welcome to the dark side, brother. I take it you've never watched Ore no Imouto then? Kannagi's Zange-chan is another great sadistic role. She's so deliciously evil, yet so stunningly adorable- it makes me sick in the best way. I take it Neptunia V is enjoyable? I waited all day with a friend just so he could get it.

Meanwhile, I just go to my local Gamestop and just get Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition. :3
Old 2012-09-10, 22:25   Link #3327
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Ah, so you've heard it. Welcome to the dark side, brother. I take it you've never watched Ore no Imouto then? Kannagi's Zange-chan is another great sadistic role. She's so deliciously evil, yet so stunningly adorable- it makes me sick in the best way. I take it Neptunia V is enjoyable? I waited all day with a friend just so he could get it.

Meanwhile, I just go to my local Gamestop and just get Fallout New Vegas: Ultimate Edition. :3
Nah, I haven't watched OreImo yet, it's on a LONG list of animes series that I need to get but...*looks at wallet and cries* I just don't make enough money as I wish I did.(Don't we all??) Though Zange-chan is nothing compared to Iris Heart.

Spoiler for game spoiler:

Just put in a couple more hours and now I'm on chapter 8. (and apparently I still have another two, three chapters after that. V has more volume compared to Mk.2)

I also ended up purchasing more PSN points for the upcoming DLC characters. (yeah, I know, I just said I dont have much money but...)

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune_v/maker.html

I'm atleast looking to get CyberConnect2-chan and Broccoli-chan. It's best to get the points now while play-asia is selling the PSN cards for a reduced price. IF I'm lucky then I might have some left over for iM@S and Tales of- games.
Old 2012-09-10, 23:54   Link #3328
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
Nah, I haven't watched OreImo yet, it's on a LONG list of animes series that I need to get but...*looks at wallet and cries* I just don't make enough money as I wish I did.(Don't we all??) Though Zange-chan is nothing compared to Iris Heart.

Spoiler for game spoiler:

Just put in a couple more hours and now I'm on chapter 8. (and apparently I still have another two, three chapters after that. V has more volume compared to Mk.2)

I also ended up purchasing more PSN points for the upcoming DLC characters. (yeah, I know, I just said I dont have much money but...)

http://www.compileheart.com/neptune_v/maker.html

I'm atleast looking to get CyberConnect2-chan and Broccoli-chan. It's best to get the points now while play-asia is selling the PSN cards for a reduced price. IF I'm lucky then I might have some left over for iM@S and Tales of- games.
Even Iffy's been tamed, it's perfect. HanaKana controls all. Are point cards really on sale at the moment? I may look into it, maybe.
Old 2012-09-11, 20:49   Link #3329
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

TTT2. using the Laws.
Old 2012-09-12, 23:19   Link #3330
shinku no kage

Taking a break from Neptune V and I'm now playing totomono3 (Ken to Mahou to Gakuen mono, I believe the US name of the series was Class of Heroes, though I don't know if 3 made a release)

...ended up picking up the DL version off of the JP PSN as they're having a sale on ACQUIRE titles, it was down from 2300 to 1300...and I bought it, with the points I was planning to spend for the upcoming Neptune V DLC...I am a weak person. orz
Old 2012-09-15, 16:45   Link #3331
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
PS3: Just finished my playthrough of Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, and then Walking Dead: Episode 3. Not sure if I wanna finish up Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, or move onto Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty.

360: Started Record of Agarest War, so far it's pretty average to me. I'll keep playing to see if it gets better~

PSP: Still playing Growlanser: Wayfarer of Time. It started out pretty meh to me... but got better and better as I kept playing~

3DS: Actually found a copy of Sonic Generations for 3DS, so decided to pick that up. It's going pretty well, good to see that all the stages aren't the same ones from the console versions. Though, doesn't seem very long, might go back to Devil Survivor: Overclocked when I'm done.
Old 2012-09-16, 08:16   Link #3332
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Still DayZ...

You know when you're leaving that town after a really successful looting mission and just as you clear the zombies you get shot?

I'm the shooter.

My M107 has claimed thirteen souls in the last week in this life. Quite impressed.

That said I don't shoot fresh spawns or unarmed players. Unless they're a bandit. But it's hardly fair at 1000m XD

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:59   Link #3333
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Still continuing with Sleeping Dogs (PC) and also learning Tekken TAG Tournament 2 (PS3).
Old 2012-09-16, 19:03   Link #3334
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

I'm getting sucked into Black Mesa for the moment, and recently beat Portal 2 again for old times' sake.
Old 2012-09-16, 19:07   Link #3335
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Still ain't finish with Clannad.... damn its too long...!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 08:42   Link #3336
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
Still ain't finish with Clannad.... damn its too long...!!!
But good!

I'm thinking of replaying it soon. Damn I love Kyou's route.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-17, 09:14   Link #3337
Mura
Now or Never

I'm still playing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. *Sighs* I'm in chapter 5 and now I just feel like its dragging with all these Zadornov Missions. This guy keeps on escaping, what the hell is the MSF guards doing!?
Old 2012-09-17, 13:30   Link #3338
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mura View Post
I'm still playing Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. *Sighs* I'm in chapter 5 and now I just feel like its dragging with all these Zadornov Missions. This guy keeps on escaping, what the hell is the MSF guards doing!?
I could tell you what's happening but then it would be spoilers
Old 2012-09-17, 13:37   Link #3339
Mura
Now or Never

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I could tell you what's happening but then it would be spoilers
Its cool, I'll get there soon enough. But man, you'd think he was the first coming of Solid Snake.
Old 2012-09-18, 01:03   Link #3340
shinku no kage

Started my second playthrough of Neptune V. The game wasn't too bad overall...despite a bunch of minor bugs and glitches, which will hopefully be fixed eventually...it was an ok game.

The game freezes here and there, even more so if you're the type to mash buttons to make the conversations and/or battles go by faster. There was also an glitch that unlocks CGs even though you haven't seen the events. orz. Thanks for the spoiler...

There also seems to be a bunch of "unobtainable" items in the game. Though some speculate that those may come along in DLC events.

For now I'm going to stick with this until I get my copy of SD Gundam G Generation Overworld next week. Seriously looking forward to this since I've seen the PV. Events from Gundam UC Episode5!? The Gundam W spin-off "G-Unit"?!? Bringing back more of the Astray models, including Powered Red!? AWESOME