AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-10-02, 15:00   Link #1921
Scherzo09

Eh, she was a living drama bomb for Lelouch. The only she existed was to be a source of angst for Lelouch.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:47   Link #1922
azul120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
Eh, she was a living drama bomb for Lelouch. The only she existed was to be a source of angst for Lelouch.
Only because things went to shit for her. She was one of the few things to bring him happiness.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 15:51   Link #1923
Scherzo09

...not really. She was just a plot device. Her and Lulu's connection felt really forced.
Old 2013-10-02, 16:50   Link #1924
Kusaja

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
Only because things went to shit for her. She was one of the few things to bring him happiness.
I would rather say that she represented one type of happiness he could potentially have, but didn't really achieve in the end.
Kusaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-02, 17:20   Link #1925
azul120

It was more one sided than anything.
Old 2013-10-02, 17:31   Link #1926
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusaja View Post
I would rather say that she represented one type of happiness he could potentially have, but didn't really achieve in the end.
Damn, it's Rollo's fault... Brocon!!!
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 06:38   Link #1927
Blackmambauk

amen to that... not that I ship lulu and Shirley (I don't ship Lelouch with anybody, prefer him celibate). But like with Euphie and as Scherzo09 said above, she was mostly killed off just to create more unnecessary angst not just for lulu, but for Suzaku as well. Don't know where they could've gone with Shirley, but to be honest I think they could've done more with her, instead of just stuffing her into the fridge. always felt it was a problem of Code Geass that, killing off or underdeveloping characters, or worse derailing or focusing too much on particular characters (I.e. Ohgi for derailing, and too much focus when he was a boring character in my view and Rolo for in my own view examples of this)

but that's what you get when you create too many characters in the first place.

anyway's keeping this on Shirley, at first I must admit, I found her a little annoying, but as the series went on, I found her to be one f the few characters who I felt, could or come's close to being purely good, plus have always had a soft spot for women like her, the bubbly, cheery types, the ones who know how to brighten a mood, yeah sometimes a bit annoying, but well you know.

Of course whether she could have influenced lulu, well that is debateable, as you can give reasons for yes and no to that question.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:01   Link #1928
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

She and Euphy are the prime example of the truth that pureness can't survive in Code Geass.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:26   Link #1929
Blackmambauk

Maybe but personally, I feel the writers wasted both characters, all just to pile angst when it wasn't needed, when it would have been better to say maybe have Euphie's paln flal apart on itself, certainly would have been more interesting to watch than what we got, which was beyond stupid I felt.

But Nunnally survived so pureness can survive in a way ymmv on whether Kaguya and tizani can be described as pure good as well.,

Of course they didn't have the bad luck of Shirley, no did she suffer from Lelouch's geass going out of control at a moment when he was telling a dumb joke.

But that's just my view as always, returning to Shirley, what do people think of the novel's detail that Shirley's father was a scout for the code-r team (which apparently was the reason why he was at narita in the first place). Of course the novel's canon is questionable, but if this had come up in the anime, what do you guys think might've come of this, me .probably nothing, but certainly would have been interesting to Lelouch and Shirley as well
Old 2013-10-03, 07:40   Link #1930
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Hmm... Unless Shirley caught wind of his father's work, not much would be changed. Maybe Mao could acessted something from her.

Also, Kaguya and Tianzy did almost nothing beside figureheads position, while Euphy, Shirley and Nunnally tried to do something but screwed hard.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-03, 07:43   Link #1931
Blackmambauk

true very true, they got screwed very hard the three of them.
Old 2013-10-03, 11:22   Link #1932
azul120

Kaguya seemingly did a bit more behind the scenes, and was smarter than everyone else in the show not named Lelouch, Schneizel, or Xing-ke.

And yes, Nunnally herself was too naive. I found myself facepalming when she didn't call out any of her other family members, who she hadn't seen for years.
Old 2014-07-27, 14:53   Link #1933
Scherzo09

For the idea I'm coming up with, I'm thinking of making her more of an Army Brat; in an Ashford Academy mashup of the Boy Scouts and ROTC.
Old 2015-10-15, 02:04   Link #1934
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scherzo09 View Post
...not really. She was just a plot device. Her and Lulu's connection felt really forced.
True. I wished that she wasn't killed off so soon after taking Lelouch's hat from him in Code Geass R2, Ep. 12: Love Attack! The episode was a setup to put Shirley and Lelouch together to create a tragedy that was a mirror reflection of Lelouch killing Euphemia(Rolo being the one to kill Shirley). Thus, it was that turn of events that made Lelouch go down the path of no return. Suzaku had guilt over the death of Euphemia while Lelouch suffered the same anguish over the death of Shirley.

Last edited by darthfury78; 2015-10-15 at 02:16.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-12, 21:34   Link #1935
darthfury78

At least it is good to know that Shirley is alive in the movie universe of Code Geass...
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote