AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-15, 12:52   Link #81
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

I dunno. Maybe because I entered Nodame via the live-action drama, somehow Nodame's quirky remarks like "gyabo" seem different from Ueno Juri's brilliant and adorable acting. But I'm in no way dissing Kawasumi Ayako's skills on the anime version.

However, this anime is still true to its original so I'm watching it.
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 14:04   Link #82
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Further to the Tanaka Rie thing, she is listed as "responsible for sound production" in the end credits, and then Magic Capsule is credited right after her for "sound production," as if she was in charge and they did it. The fact that Magic Capsule seems to be a doujin distribution group has me even more confused.

Off-topic: From what I read on Japanese Wikipedia, Tanaka Rie sounds like quite a person. She is quite beautiful, yet her manager says she is like a man. Her motto is apparently: "Never back down, never run away, never give up." Once she was groped on a train, and she grabbed the guy and dragged him off onto the platform, then shouted insults after him as he ran away. If you're interested, her blog is worth looking at. Among other things, she fills it with pics of herself cosplaying. But I didn't find any reference to sound production in a brief scan of the text.

As for Kawasumi Ayako vs. Ueno Juri, I found Ueno's acting too extreme at first, like a sort of burlesque. Kawasumi is striking a more comfortable note for me right from the start. Of course, I came to love Ueno, too. "Adorable" is right.

And as for the nickname "Nodame," I'd like someone who really knows to be more specific than just "of course you know what that means," but I think the idea is right, that people are always telling her "da-me," which means "no," or "bad," or "don't do that," or "fouled up."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-01-15 at 21:47.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 15:02   Link #83
Kaijin
かいじん

I'm glad Nodame Cantabile is getting lots of love. You know it's a good show when you watch it and at the end think, "that was too short, I wanna see more." I can't wait until next week. It's one of those shows that I'll be impatiently awaiting the follow episodes.
Old 2007-01-15, 15:56   Link #84
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
On another note, I have just noticed that Tanaka Rie -- either the seiyuu or someone who spells her name exactly the same -- is credited as "responsible for sound work" (音響制作担当) in NC.
Same name, different person. Same credit is given to the person for sound in the anime "Glass no Kantai."
kj1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 16:41   Link #85
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980 View Post
Same name, different person. Same credit is given to the person for sound in the anime "Glass no Kantai."
Does that Tanaka cosplay too?
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-15, 23:22   Link #86
radancein

Having already seen the live-action drama, I felt confident enough to watch this without subs. Am I glad I did, cause I was thus better able to appreciate the wonderful VA by Kawasumi Ayako. She really breathed life into the character.

Can't wait for Milch to appear..
radancein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:42   Link #87
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by radancein View Post
Can't wait for Milch to appear..
Don't forget Masumi-chan.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:45   Link #88
solomon

Well in a fit of late night procrastination, I'll comment.
I like the first episode, great jokes and timing there of. I feel strangely drawn to the musical aspects of the story, probably because im attending a college that has a world renowned conservatory maybe. Anyways, all around solid ep and appealing to me, I think i'll stick with this one (I need something light after seeing Children of Men today, yyyeeeesssshhh)
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 03:47   Link #89
Pakxenon
popcorn

I have a feeling I'll like this one more than Honey and Clover since it's music-related. Great, great stuff. I can't wait for the next episode.
Pakxenon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 20:28   Link #90
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The first episode did a good job at keeping the style from the manga that made me love it so much - so of course that makes me pretty happy with the series so far, though we shall have to see how this one ends up. There's still plenty more to happen - and how it'll happen is what i'm looking forward to see.

And of course - music = Love!
Old 2007-01-16, 22:47   Link #91
Jewelray

Send a message via AIM to Jewelray
The first episode sold me. I want more.

Classical music humor...It's so funny I almost want to show it to all my friends who are studying music... Heck, it almost makes me regret not being a music major...(but not really...)
Jewelray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-16, 23:24   Link #92
PEDOS_GRANDE
MHD != HD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewelray View Post
The first episode sold me. I want more.

Classical music humor...It's so funny I almost want to show it to all my friends who are studying music... Heck, it almost makes me regret not being a music major...(but not really...)
Don't worry. You may regret it now but when you are making twice what your music major friends are in 5 years, you'll feel pretty good.
PEDOS_GRANDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 15:50   Link #93
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

c1anime do the translation directly from japanese?

O.o

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 18:11   Link #94
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
Yes, I translate Nodame for C1 and I directly translate from Japanese to English.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:01   Link #95
Soshen
Kanjisub ******

I've thinked it was from chinese or HK subs

Thanks for your explanation

We need a Editor!
Soshen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:18   Link #96
Dragosmore
Translator

Send a message via AIM to Dragosmore
I hope you mean that because of the speed of our release, because that's quite an insult. The translation is correct.
Dragosmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-17, 19:43   Link #97
Lunacy

While on the topic of translation, I was wondering how you guys will approach the fact that Nodame has her own unique phrases such as "mukya" and "gyabo". Also, Nodame really likes to use her own name in her speech (they have a word for this but I forgot )... how do you plan to translate this? I saw C1Anime's first Nodame episode, and I have no complaint but I am just curious since her speech and unique phrases make her even more special. Thanks for subbing this by the way.
Lunacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 07:19   Link #98
chibi_star1
will you dance with me?

i enjoyed the first episode and i can't wait for more! i'm a sucker for music themed anime!
chibi_star1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 07:27   Link #99
tritoch

I think its obvious whenever Nodame says any of her signature lines. Just listen carefully. =p
tritoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-18, 08:33   Link #100
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Ha that was kinda weird when hearing that first piano teacher talk... ZORO!

Anyway this looks interesting, I particularly liked the hair washing scene (she feels like a queen getting pampered, he feels like a dog groomer).
Trax is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance