AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-03-01, 09:14   Link #40621
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

As long as it comes with a cost, it should spare me the flaks. The Minerva practically lost a hefty chunk of power after it escaped the AIC.
Old 2013-03-01, 09:15   Link #40622
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Where is the IS core usually stored?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 09:19   Link #40623
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
I remember that it's stated that AIC's only effective on 1 target.
Which is why IS unit with Bit are actually very effective against AIC. It's like multiple units in one package!
Old 2013-03-01, 09:47   Link #40624
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Where is the IS core usually stored?
No clue.

In the golem, lower torso, and the core is encased in hard case to boot.

The rest probably in the front-side belt or in the back plating, due to open crotch and bare chest, there's nowhere else to go.
Old 2013-03-01, 09:58   Link #40625
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm thinking that the liquid computer reservoir should be with the IS core.

The large frames have 2 modes. Siege and mobility modes.

Mobility will have the liquid computer fill the suit and submerge the pilot for more responsive and agile movement.

Siege mode drains the liquid into the weapons packs. The suit the pilot is in compresses instead to contact the skin and the nerve receivers on the suit, it results in a half second lag, but yeah. The computer draining into the weapons is more for rule of cool so I haven't smoothed out the uses yet, but mostly it's for remote weapons. The liquid CPUs run their own electrolytes so they act as a sort of battery fluid as well. This extends to the remote weapons and actual weapons better firepower, control and on the fly fine tuning.

EDIT: What's worse is that this Liquid Computer would be developed by Dunois. It just didn't sell well cuz no pilot wanted to be naked in an IS. Even if the IS suit covered them completely. Which leads to them being in a very very bad financial position.

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2013-03-01 at 11:06.
Old 2013-03-02, 00:29   Link #40626
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

A couple of scenes:

Spoiler for Particle shell:

This next one is after Houki and Ichika pulled out after their first defeat against the Silver Gospel:

Spoiler for Investigation:
Old 2013-03-02, 04:11   Link #40627
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
A couple of scenes:

Spoiler for Particle shell:

This next one is after Houki and Ichika pulled out after their first defeat against the Silver Gospel:

Spoiler for Investigation:
They look good so far.

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2013-03-02 at 04:29.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 05:50   Link #40628
demino_hellsin
That one guy

If Clarissa is a super soldier/modified soldier would there be contension over who she wants to work for? especially since she's a commanding officer in one of the most highly trained partially confidential unit of Germany?

If she wanted to quit, would they let her? O.o
Old 2013-03-02, 08:49   Link #40629
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm sure she's not a super soldier, modified/enhanced human perhaps, but most likely not supersoldier. Mind you, Laura is implied to be a prototype, and phased out in favor of I.S., Super Soldier is deemed a failure as I.S. pilot initially (maybe due to odd physiology) and it require training from hell for Laura to attain her current skill.

And if it's an AU, chalk it to a military lease, reassignment or something, something like "Too dangerous for her to pry" thus kicked out before she can get a big influence on the SH.

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-03-02 at 09:01.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 09:24   Link #40630
demino_hellsin
That one guy

would they take a resignation letter?
Old 2013-03-02, 15:38   Link #40631
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Answer reserved for anyone who know the depth of military work, I'm sorry

And I realize something when evacuating from Spacebattles.com (read that right): many stories there, especially crossover, had beaten and raped to death when the readers want more techwank than it should be, halting plot progression and break the dynamic to tasteless mathammer.

When I read this forum, the character Creation is the only place where techwank is done, and the rest.... not much, everything takes backseat to author appeal and choice of plot, probably explained why fic-killing (NOT an understatement) heated debate is much less often (admittedly, the horror of first 60 pages done that much damage to begin with)
Old 2013-03-02, 19:58   Link #40632
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So it's a place where nothing gets done only talked about?
Old 2013-03-02, 20:56   Link #40633
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

^ Pretty much. I've also abandoned that place because those people were too demanding. Still I don't want to remember my time there... it's just something i'll never recover from (like the first time I heard of 4chan).

And in another news, I couldn't upload the prologue last night because my notebook's battery charger died and the battery is depleted to an absolute 0%. Until i get a new one (which it'll be in a week at least), is not possible for me to start.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-02, 21:24   Link #40634
demino_hellsin
That one guy

At least they talk. The other forum I visit doesn't talk at all .

Speaking of getting things done. I still need to finish the plot bunny drop of a fate stay night fic in my head as well as a familiar of zero plot bunny. Arrrrgh. And this is assuming I've lost all motivation for a to aru plot bunny.
Old 2013-03-02, 22:50   Link #40635
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
So it's a place where nothing gets done only talked about?
Quote:
At least they talk. The other forum I visit doesn't talk at all .
If you're lucky, the result of your fic will be exceptional quality.

The point is moderation. As author, don't act like you're deaf to criticism, but neither should you gave in too much to reader's demand, especially if it's trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
^ Pretty much. I've also abandoned that place because those people were too demanding.
Sturgeon law is in full effect more than this forum, indeed.

Quote:
Still I don't want to remember my time there... it's just something i'll never recover from (like the first time I heard of 4chan).
Same here, but I think parts of 4chan is worse.

The only part I attend these days is /tg/, one of the tamer section, really

Quote:
And in another news, I couldn't upload the prologue last night because my notebook's battery charger died and the battery is depleted to an absolute 0%. Until i get a new one (which it'll be in a week at least), is not possible for me to start.
Ouch...

Quote:
Speaking of getting things done. I still need to finish the plot bunny drop of a fate stay night fic in my head as well as a familiar of zero plot bunny. Arrrrgh. And this is assuming I've lost all motivation for a to aru plot bunny.
I have tons of .doc file in my fanfic archive, half of them are most definitely not readable chapters.

Concept sheet came handy at the direst of time
Old 2013-03-02, 23:07   Link #40636
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I have tons of .doc file in my fanfic archive, half of them are most definitely not readable chapters.

Concept sheet came handy at the direst of time
How many do you have?

Last time i counted mine, i had at least 350 .doc with a lot of weird ideas for a fanfiction (not only IS)
Old 2013-03-02, 23:11   Link #40637
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Recoverable archive is slightly close to 100, but most of them are densely packed anyway

Usually the likes of
1. Backstory
2. Plot summary (for the fic)
3. "Spares" (Random draft I might use later)
4. Technology base, unit description etc.
5. Pairing schemes and progression (no kidding)
Old 2013-03-03, 00:09   Link #40638
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

@zero

Well that seems pretty organized i must say.

On my defense I don't have a sheet with the backstory, because the idea is solid enough on my head without change a thing. Plot summary have been always my weakness, because i don't know what to put in it.
I have a special folder filled with nothing more than random drafts (about 20 .doc of 15+ pages each).
Technoblabla and all those things are always a hard part, I'm not assiduous to explain why some tech work. And about pairing... oh boy, you should NEVER try to ask me... but try to imagine what i have for TxD
Old 2013-03-03, 00:25   Link #40639
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Well, between my penchant for AU and canon defilement, there had to be a good reason why stuff happens.

The backstory sheet will be transplanted to a flashback scene, usually.

For example, in Sacred Twins Tabane wasn't exactly alone in creating I.S., there's Chifuyu and two OC. To insert the OC, I can't just make it so they appear and have the readers go with it. I need to tell what happened 10 years prior and how they met. Roughly like that.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:46   Link #40640
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Thank god I practically never put ideas on word... So I currently have about 10 unfinished work. Though I still can't let go of the AU with Ichika, Rin and Tatenashi. It's like a soap opera. XD

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest