4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-01-29, 17:50   Link #61
ion475
にこにこにー

As usual, I give 10/10 to the series not b/c of the story, but rather it's character. Last time it's Yurin reappearing, this time it's Romari (or Romary/Romali...). Not doing much so far but as an idol, she seems to hide some "otaku" (Okay, just mecha) interest...

Okay, back to story...
1. Vargas is still awesome in his own way, even as a 80 years old (I think...)
2. Love triangle in the making b/t Asemu, Zehart, and Romari. At least no death flags so far for Romari
3. On the other hand, Romari has serious competition as the most "moe" heroine of Asemu arc. Too bad Yunoa is no Denpa Onna, or else not even Hanazawa can win the battle for Romari.
4. As far as the battle - EFF after 25 years still suck THIS bad? Then UE (Okay, Vagan) still can't make something that can fight against Gundam in 25 years?
5. Asemu battle style is just weird, at least with AGE-1 Normal. Come on, Flit, just give him AGE-1 Swallow.
6. Last note - Flit IS still obsess over Yurin. That's why you shouldn't have kill her, Desil. You now have a madman (against Vagan) controlling EFF.
7. While I'm at it, though, you have Flit as the commander of EFF and seriously, they can't make any MS that are more decent?
ion475 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:05   Link #62
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
The guy was also in the "epilogue" last episode.

I just saw the "Gundampedia"(?) at the end of the episode, and it said that the capsule also preserves age/youth. So, I think it's the same guy.
The same guy?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:13   Link #63
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ion475 View Post
Okay, back to story...
1. Vargas is still awesome in his own way, even as a 80 years old (I think...)
Yeah, actually, it's something taht i want to know : How old is Vargas right now and How old is Flit ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon

when i saw he had a sister i considered that it was possible as well. lol. but kio does look a lot like Romary
Hey, maybe Rosmary has a younger brother !

Quote:
mayb e we should put in a petition to have flit shave, he looked better without it
Nah Flit is great with his moustache !
Old 2012-01-29, 18:22   Link #64
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
4. As far as the battle - EFF after 25 years still suck THIS bad? Then UE (Okay, Vagan) still can't make something that can fight against Gundam in 25 years?
According to Vagras the Gundam AGE-1 has since been upgraded. Though I'm curious as to how they're able to keep such a powerful weapon in store like that.

Plus you can't deny that Genoace II pilot....just kept going.

Quote:
5. Asemu battle style is just weird, at least with AGE-1 Normal. Come on, Flit, just give him AGE-1 Swallow.
I think the point was to show that he fights very different than his father. He adopts more of a duel aggressive stance.

Quote:
7. While I'm at it, though, you have Flit as the commander of EFF and seriously, they can't make any MS that are more decent?
Watch the episode.

The Genoace and Shaldoll apparently were suits for the interim years. I'm guessing that it's been a cold war in the 20 years since then and now things will escalate again.

The Adele is the newest mobile suit whose performance is on the same level if not better than the Gundam AGE-1 and Flit told his subordinate to hurry up and supply it to the frontlines.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:25   Link #65
monster

So what happened in the 25 years? Did the Vagans just not do anything? Because, otherwise, I think it would probably be better if Flit had made use of the Gundam instead of just hiding it.
Old 2012-01-29, 18:28   Link #66
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

So... is Zeihart related to Woolf? A clone?

Does he work for the Veigan?

An older Woolf is in the opening. I guess he will play a hand in finishing up Asem's training.

I like Asem. He's a pilot that makes sense. He's raised by a badass father from birth to take over the Gundam. He has to be pretty good from the start. It seems like he's been trained to fit for a long time looking at how he dispatched of the bullies.

Flit grew into quite a badass.

What about Asem's sister? Any chance she gets her own robot? Do I smell a side story?

Where is Largan?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:29   Link #67
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
So what happened in the 25 years? Did the Vagans just not do anything? Because, otherwise, I think it would probably be better if Flit had made use of the Gundam instead of just hiding it.
They lost a base, several warships; they were likely rebuilding after the obligatory several month trip from Mars to the Earth (at decent speeds). You can't really fight an effective war without a secure base of operations from which to coordinate.
Old 2012-01-29, 18:31   Link #68
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

It is interesting to note that Flit was born on the day the Vagan war started. I think he will most likely die on the day the war ends
Old 2012-01-29, 18:36   Link #69
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
The Genoace and Shalldol are old suits, at least 25 year old. The Dorado is the Vegan's newest model. How is it a surprise that the outdated suits are no match for the brand spanking new Vegan suits?

Quote:
6. Last note - Flit IS still obsess over Yurin. That's why you shouldn't have kill her, Desil. You now have a madman (against Vagan) controlling EFF.
What makes you think that? If anything Flit is obsessed with wiping out the Vegans, which I'll admit is not good, but at the same time it's very easy to see where he's coming from. They've been offered a truce and they won't accept it, instead they're continuing to attack colonies and kill civilians. It's easy to see how Flit's opinion of the Vegans just keeps being reaffirmed by everything they do.

Quote:
Did you watch the episode with subtitles? They have developed new mobile suits, and Flit ordered they be sent out to front line units immediately....
Old 2012-01-29, 18:41   Link #70
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Seems like they absolutely have to get Asem into the Gundam and fight with it in episode 1, no matter how ridiculous the circumstances may seem, ie. Zehart's first day of infiltration and calling an attack that somehow manages to get into the colony just like that, perhaps due to the information gathered by Zehart on the colony in just one day .

And I would have thought that given that Flit is the Supreme Commander, his family would have lived in a much safer, better defended colony.

Seems like this is going to be a "Zehart pretends to be friend, then becomes real friend to Asem, ending with Asem and Zehart killing each other" arc for AGE 2.

Knowing that Hanekana is voicing Romali, the love interest, is the only redeeming point for me in this episode (since I didn't check the information beforehand).

It wasn't that crazy because...

- Flit has been raising him to pilot the Gundam since birth. He's even sending him to an elite military academy.

- his dad is Flit and his mecha engineer grandfather lives with him

- he beat up some bullies with martial arts... he's been training to fight his entire life

- he's probably inherited the X-rounder genes

The attack... Flit is fleet commander. Maybe he got intel or picked up chatter that the Veigan were on the move or targeting him. They would have probably scoped Asumo's colony far in advance in order to get Zehart into school and smuggle in the Veigan mecha.

Zehart's transfer and the mecha assault could have been a long time in the planning. Zehart may have been there to recover the Gundam in case they managed to crack it open, kill the pilot.

I wonder how long Zehart and Asumo will be friends. I doubt there will be a love triangle. I think they'll make friends for 12 episodes until Zehart betrays Asumo and Rosemary/Romary.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:44   Link #71
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
They lost a base, several warships; they were likely rebuilding after the obligatory several month trip from Mars to the Earth (at decent speeds). You can't really fight an effective war without a secure base of operations from which to coordinate.
And the Earth Federation and Flit just let them be for 25 years? From what Flit said, all request for peace were rejected. I think 25 years is too long to wait, but oh well.
Old 2012-01-29, 18:45   Link #72
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Seriously, no one has any comments on Asem's hair?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:48   Link #73
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post

Spoiler for Meet The Asunos:
LOL @ Vargas' plate.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:49   Link #74
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Hey, maybe Rosmary has a younger brother !
I like the way of your thinking
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 18:56   Link #75
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
And the Earth Federation and Flit just let them be for 25 years? From what Flit said, all request for peace were rejected. I think 25 years is too long to wait, but oh well.
Space is pretty damn large, how are they going to stop them? Patrol every cubic meter? The only option that the EFF has when fighting a guerrilla faction is defensive until they can find something to crush... unfortunately if the Vagan were constantly on the move, while building up a force and base somewhere, and avoiding heavily populated areas, detecting them would have been nothing short of a fluke until they made the first move.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:06   Link #76
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Probably because the Earth sphere doesn't exactly encompasses up to Mars' terrority.

And given the length of time between Mars and Earth the only option that Earth can do is stay on the defensive which it was stated that the Federation was gearing up for a massive counterattack.

So no the Federation isn't just waiting they are gearing up for another big confrontation and the rollout of the Adele suit is proof of that.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:07   Link #77
monster

That's true, but my point wasn't that they would be successful in stopping them. It's that Flit hiding the Gundam feels a bit counterproductive when he knows that there is an enemy out there who has refused peace.
Old 2012-01-29, 19:08   Link #78
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Good episode, I liked that predictions of Flit being a cold father, and Asem being a rebellious trouble making son were all wrong. I'm surprised Sunrise kept a lid on Asem having a younger sister, seemes like such a small trivial thing to hide, I wonder if she'll have some role in the future. I know that with Asem's burning will to win battles will definitely cause trouble in the future. I can sense an all too familiar scene with him going out on his own and fighting a large force to prove himself. The action was good as usual, the Vagan seem to again have the upper hand in MS battles, but I'm sure the Adele will change that.

Overall a I enjoyed the episode greatly. Love the characters, love how Flit turned up, Asem is looking to be good protag, and of course, Hiroshi Kamiya as Zeheart!

10/10
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:27   Link #79
kakakka

Quote:
The same guy?
I think so. The after show portion just threw the information about the capsules preserving age.

Quote:
Did the Vagans just not do anything? Because, otherwise, I think it would probably be better if Flit had made use of the Gundam instead of just hiding it.
We don't know what happened. Flit and the blonde guy talked about Veigans spreading out their reach, so I think the fight is still on-going.

We don't know when they really retired the Gundam. I think Flit hiding the Gundam in the colony is a bit on personal level reasoning. The guy had been obsessed about protecting those who he cared about, and keeping the Gundam where his family is might be some sort of reassuring(?) to him.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-29, 19:40   Link #80
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Plus after Woolf, he was a bit possessive of the Gundam itself, so he wouldn't want it in the hands of someone else (that wasn't family).

Tags
weekly episode discussion