AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2015-08-25, 10:02   Link #121
Zantetsuken

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Looks like we have another Gundam frame revealed.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tAY7yjr9zU...6032b3a7_o.jpg
The head looks like an onion
Old 2015-08-25, 16:09   Link #122
Skye629

Quote:
Looks like we have another Gundam frame revealed.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-tAY7yjr9zU...6032b3a7_o.jpg
Huh totally missed that since I tend to ignore all the NX stuff

Purple eh? Guess that guy who pilots that purple Graze is gonna get a hell of an upgrade

Also safe to bet that there will be more relics of the previous war popping up as the show goes on (and/or newer updated versions of past tech)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 00:34   Link #123
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Sunrise gave CGS their own website and in-universe backstory:

http://www.cgscorp.jp/index.php
Old 2015-08-26, 04:02   Link #124
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
The head looks like an onion
No, actually it reminds me of something else...
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-26, 05:32   Link #125
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
well at least onion head Gundam, what i named it for now, appears to have the traditional head Vulcan weapon, unless the Barbatos also has one too but not noticeable.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 08:55   Link #126
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Where is the lineart for these fuckers already?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...-info.html?m=1
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...fo_21.html?m=1

They keep showing details on the kits, yet no lineart. Come on.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2015-09-03 at 11:15.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-02, 22:22   Link #127
Skye629

Quote:
Where are the the lineart for these fuckers already?

http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...-info.html?m=1
http://gundamguy.blogspot.com/2015/0...fo_21.html?m=1

They keep showing details on the kits, yet no lineart. Come on.
Someone's impatient haha

Just give it a few weeks
Old 2015-09-02, 23:30   Link #128
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end I have better feelings about this than the last couple Gundam series that have come out. Sure could be pretty cliche, but cliches can be fine if they are used properly.

Premise seems solid, animation doesn't look bad, and characters look ok. Just crossing my fingers for this one.
Old 2015-09-03, 05:58   Link #129
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

so anyone else here thinks the Gundam frames designs look Michael Bay Transformers-ish with dem exposed endoskeleton that showed the pistons & motors?

i just hope there is no incident like happened to Gundam 00 where the animators complained that the 1st season Gundams were too complicated to animate due to the complex design details thus why the 2nd season Gundams was reverted back to the traditional blocky look, well considering they said the Gundams in this series were capable of evolving as the plot progressed with new parts & armor attached to their bodies, i wouldn't be surprised if the Gundams went back to their simplified RX-78-2 design roots where they are now easier to animate & could be also an excuse to the plot on why they can now move much faster than before thanks to the upgrades.
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Old 2015-09-03, 23:56   Link #130
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
so anyone else here thinks the Gundam frames designs look Michael Bay Transformers-ish with dem exposed endoskeleton that showed the pistons & motors?

i just hope there is no incident like happened to Gundam 00 where the animators complained that the 1st season Gundams were too complicated to animate due to the complex design details thus why the 2nd season Gundams was reverted back to the traditional blocky look, well considering they said the Gundams in this series were capable of evolving as the plot progressed with new parts & armor attached to their bodies, i wouldn't be surprised if the Gundams went back to their simplified RX-78-2 design roots where they are now easier to animate & could be also an excuse to the plot on why they can now move much faster than before thanks to the upgrades.
- For Barbatos, it's been mentioned state of disrepair where sone of its armor had been removed to to deterioration. But yeah I really love exposed frames in general and they will remind me of Bay's Transformers.

- 00 was a little bit strange to me, while I loved the details on S1 Gundams I really really loved the S2 designs much more despite the lack of detail and genuinely feel that they look better in animation flow than the S1 Gundams did.
Old 2015-09-04, 00:00   Link #131
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
Not me. The Gundam Barbatos is still well covered and lightly detailed compared to the likes of Michael Bay's Transformers with their convoluted designs. Not to mention that exposed pistons and motors aren't really anything new to Gundam: see the mecha designs of Zeta Gundam.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-04, 08:44   Link #132
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

i thought Zeta era designs with the exposed inner frame & skeleton with the internal cables showing here & there in the armor gaps were more towards either Heavy Metal L-Gaim & Five Star Stories considering the same people designing them than Bayformers who to me also as a TF guy looks uninspiring, with the little kids having a hard time to even distinguish between characters on screen, even their colors can't save them, the Barbatos is more towards between Bayformers & Pacific Rim,

to me the Barbatos' design will not look out of place in a Hollywood flick with CGI & all considering standards of designing a movie robot these days, which might be also an improvement over the G-Saviour even if that poor guy had a high budget CGI poured into him

also again to me the Barbatos looks more organic & smooth despite the complex details compared to the Zeta suits regardless of faction.
Old 2015-09-04, 15:13   Link #133
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Ya know one thing I hope this series has, is more battles on the ground. Haven't seen real good ground battles since SEED. 00, G-Reco, and AGE had so many battles and fights taking place in either the air or space.
Old 2015-09-05, 16:16   Link #134
Skye629

Quote:
Ya know one thing I hope this series has, is more battles on the ground. Haven't seen real good ground battles since SEED. 00, G-Reco, and AGE had so many battles and fights taking place in either the air or space.
SEED did not have much ground battles either ._.
Old 2015-09-05, 16:36   Link #135
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Still had a lot more than 00 and G-Reco. Perhaps when the Freedom and Druggie Gundams came along. But there was still a good amount of ground battles.
Old 2015-09-13, 09:03   Link #136
DMurphy

Do we know how many episodes this series will have?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 02:31   Link #137
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

No, we don't.
Old 2015-09-15, 04:15   Link #138
The 48th Ronin

Let's assume around 50, as the usual tradition.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-15, 10:43   Link #139
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Both Build Fighters series were 25 episodes. As was G-Reco. Might be a new thing for Gundam.
Old 2015-09-15, 16:48   Link #140
Skye629

Quote:
Both Build Fighters series were 25 episodes. As was G-Reco. Might be a new thing for Gundam.
AGE was around 50 as well though

And 00 was split into 2 25 episode seasons (or 50 for an overall run if you want to consider it that way)

It really seems to vary nowadays

Personally prefer the 25 episode runs, as long as they don't fuck up the pacing/try to cram too much like they did for G-Reco