AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite character(s)
L 127 54.04%
Yagami Light 117 49.79%
Amane Misa 60 25.53%
Ryuk 57 24.26%
Jealous 4 1.70%
Watari 4 1.70%
Rem 19 8.09%
Penber Raye 9 3.83%
Misora Naomi 20 8.51%
Yagami Soichiro 7 2.98%
Matsuda Tota 9 3.83%
Yagami Sayu 10 4.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-01-20, 11:59   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Vote for your favorite Death Note character(s)

Welcome to the thread where you can adorn your favorite character by voting for him or her!

You can vote for multiple characters all at once in this poll. Your vote is final once you click on the "vote now" tab. You won't be able to comeback and vote a second time for another character. Choose wisely!

The poll is public which means the votes will be visible to everyone!

Thread Rules
  • No campaigning for votes.
    What this means is don't post something like this:

"VOTE FOR Light" Or…"L >>>>> Light" Or… "DO NOT VOTE FOR THAT EVIL Light!!!!111 "

Any post with "Vote for…/Do not vote for..." verbiage will be deleted. Discuss why you do or don’t like characters without campaigning for votes.

• Do not insult or harass other members for their choices.
    Please remember: this is for fun. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won’t be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It’s great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

P.S. If the wording seems familiar to many of Catgirls' polls, it's merely an anstounding coincidence. We miss you Catgirls!
Old 2007-01-20, 12:47   Link #2
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

First vote!

L is my favorite character at this point in the series (though not my favorite overall). I like the risks the manga writer & artist took with his character design, and I've been consistently blown away by the performance of his seiyuu in the anime. For me, L is the most interesting and entertaining character even though he isn't the most sympathetic. Other characters are more personable or more morally correct, but L is a ton of fun to watch without evoking the same reaction of admiring disgust in me as Light does.
Old 2007-01-20, 12:51   Link #3
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

This poll is a no-brainer.

When it comes to Death Note, the real star is L.
Old 2007-01-20, 16:25   Link #4
Hisago
The Superchunky from Hell

Yay Ryuk. He's the closest the series has to comic releif. Him and Matsuda.
Old 2007-01-20, 20:46   Link #5
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I've decided that i'll just choose three characters, so here we go:

Rem - My fav' character from the story... you'll see why soon enough, oh - episode 14 helps.

L - Do i actually need a reason?

Light - Because at the end of the day, the man is amazing to see in action. I love how the story allows you to step inside of Light's head whenever something is happening - you feel one step closer to understanding him more.
Old 2007-01-20, 22:09   Link #6
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Weird I totally thought this thread existed

L- as Shiroth said
Quote:
Do i actually need a reason?
Agreed, L is amazing and that is all you need to say

Light - His seiyuu totally fits him perfectly. I think he's the perfect ummm well its up to the viewer on whether he's the good guy or the bad guy which is why I like him.

Rem - again Im quoting Shiroth Rem is awesome...

Jealous - Yes I like him probably the only vote he'll get. Again loved his seiyuu and him watching Misa all day was kinda cute but sad in a way.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-21, 00:33   Link #7
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

L des

I mean we all love his eccentricty more than his brilliance dont we
Old 2007-01-21, 13:22   Link #8
Lilith
Your average fangirl

A tie between Light and L? LOL.

Yagami Light: endless fascination of the way his mind works. He has the looks and the brains. He's a smooth talker (popular with the ladies) and a helpful person (teaches his sister). I sympathise with him and will always believe he's a good guy.

Yagami Soichiro: He's the father of Light. <3 LOL He's great at his job, maintains a good family and own an awesome sense of justice. He's pretty brave (like his Sakura TV invasion).

Misora Naomi: Beautiful and intelligent. She really loved her fiance... I deeply sympathise with her.
Old 2007-01-21, 13:55   Link #9
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Based on the first 13 episodes of the anime (I have no knowledge of the manga, nor anything else Death Note related.)

Yagami Light: I decided to choose just one between him and L, despite I like them both. My choice felt over Light because his mind and his reasonings intrigue me; yes, I'm actually amazed to see how his brain works. At the same time he can keep the facade of the good guy very well, and while L's pressure is heavy, he handles it pretty well. As far as the situation is settled like this, I'll enjoy it.

Ryuk: simply because it's nice to have a good laugh sometimes when there's an heavy feeling of tension. The small apple-related gags are golden, and more generically his presence could always bring a smile.

Misora Naomi: I feel she was among the strongest characters seen so far. I was really sad to see how she ended. Motivated and smart. I wouldn't have minded to see her join the police team (also seeing they're all males there). The 5 seconds interval between her discovery of Kina, and subsequently the Death Note starting action, was the most emotional sequence of the anime so far. And those eyes... I actually felt a sense of loss, at that time.

Jealous: The sequence about him had a great impact on me. Although short, it was animated marvellously (particularly the vanishing). I highly admire who goes against everything for the sake of love, even against his own destiny.
Old 2007-01-21, 14:18   Link #10
Ardea

My vote went to L and Ryuk. They're both quirky and cool. L is brilliant, but obviously underestimated because of his odd appearance and mannerisms. I think I naturally tend to root for whomever appears to be the underdog ^_^. Ryuk neutrality to the whole deal is perfect because he doesn't side with Light or against him. He's sort of like "the viewer" in a sense. When all is said and done, he's just there to be entertained like we all are.

Death Note is just so much more amusing with them around, in my opinion.

And Ryuk's laugh never fails to make me laugh
Old 2007-01-23, 00:08   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Light: Because he is so good at putting up the appearance of the good and the righteous front. His fans, (inside the TV and the outside admirers who watches TV) are in millions, and a plenty of them are unfazed by his own admission of his intent even if it means a lot of killing. He is also very aware of how good looking he is, and uses his good looks to capture the heart of fans, fanboys, and fangirls equally!

Ryuuk: His munching on apple makes me yearn for one everytime.

Watari: I'm fond of incorrigible butlers! They make the best of tea.

Penber Raye: I like non-angsty tragic heroes! They don't whine as much as a tragic heroine.

Misora Naomi: Ah! There are very few shows that can explore a minor character so well in the extent of a few episodes. Her character was beautifully done in every respect! It was no coincidence that a VA of Matsui Naoko's calibre was needed to play Naomi's role.

Yagami Soichiro: Always had a soft spot for people who can break into TV studio and point a gun to the producers head for airing craps on TV just because they can.

and finally,

L: Why do we see such a character who is seemingly so similar to Light in many ways, and yet, we don't get even a glimpse of how his mind works, how he thinks? My own humble observation is that he is above and beyond the common thought process. Yes, compare to him, even Light's thought process is nothing extraordinary. His character is just as unapproachable to the author of Death Note and engimatic, just as much as to its audience, or at least, that is the intended impression conveyed in my opinion. He is the Poirot, and the Holmes of this show!
Old 2007-01-23, 12:09   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ryuuk: His munching on apple makes me yearn for one everytime.
Everytime i see a apple.. well yes, you can already guess what i'm gonna say.

& i can't actually believe that Light is beating L - Light's known as the character that everyone hates, but not around here. :3
Old 2007-01-23, 13:05   Link #13
Ansa

While all the characters are interesting I have a few that I really like and a few I REALLY HATE...

lets start with the ones I hate XD

Light - Okay lets be honest here, he's a farking bastard who needs to die!!! I hate him for what he did to Naomi which still is bothering me every day... those eyes when she found out Kira=Light just continue to freak me out every time I think about it. Light's character while very compelling just makes me want to kill him again and again. Not to mention despite his intelligence he can be a total moron, as currently he has a completely insanely hot girl who would quite literally do anything for him and all he cares about if offing L. Oh not to mention that he still has yet to face a real DIRE problem, while yeah he and L continue to trade blows in trying to find out things about the other L has yet to be pushed into a corner, he's had a few issues to deal with (Misa) but generally he's had it pretty easy... which annoys the living hell out of me.

Ryuk - Honestly I don't like his character thus far because his motivation just seems rather boring. While he does seem to have some more interesting things about him that could develop I just don't care to much for him thus far.

As for the characters I really do like...

L: He's so strange yet interesting, if this show really does have a hero it's L. He also has likely the most interesting character development in the show and I'm curious as to why he's so afraid of death gods. What I find even more interesting is how daring he is, he flat out admitted to Light that he was L even though he suspected him of being Kira, not to mention his odd little habits are quite entertaining to watch.

Naomi - One reason I hate Light is because I loved her character, and honestly it's her character which really brought about the most emotional development of both Light (proving that he's just a sadistic bastard) and herself, again the fear in her eyes when she found out she bad basically just killed herself is so frighteningly scary yet at the same time you just wanted to stab Light for being such a bastard. But beyond that she is likely one of the most intelligent characters who realized things that no one else investigating Kira had realized, not to mention her drive to find out who killed her boyfriend was very compelling, it's a true shame she's dead... although I still have small amounts of hope because they haven't found her body yet >.<

As to the character I personally chose as my favorite...

Misa - While she may not win this popularity contest I really find her character interesting, although I've only seen her for a few episodes I really find her interesting, from just the fact that she was devoted so much to someone she never met and even after meeting him she is far more devoted then ever even though Kira is actually trying to figure out a way to off her after she helps him with L. I also find her personality interesting, she's a cute character yet at the same time it's odd to see a person with such a personality willing and ready to kill innocent people, she doesn't seem to be anywhere near as disturbed as Light is (as he's a homicidal serial killer who thinks he's god) yet she never threw away the death note... I find this more interesting then anything.
Old 2007-01-23, 20:30   Link #14
Ardea

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
L: My own humble observation is that he is above and beyond the common thought process. Yes, compare to him, even Light's thought process is nothing extraordinary. His character is just as unapproachable to the author of Death Note and engimatic, just as much as to its audience, or at least, that is the intended impression conveyed in my opinion. He is the Poirot, and the Holmes of this show!
That's a really good point. You can't really write about what you don't know (perhaps in this case, L's above-genius level of thinking). It's also kind of good that we don't know how L thinks because it allows the fans speculate and enjoy the surprises even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansa View Post
Light - Okay lets be honest here, he's a farking bastard who needs to die!!! I hate him for what he did to Naomi which still is bothering me every day... those eyes when she found out Kira=Light just continue to freak me out every time I think about it. Light's character while very compelling just makes me want to kill him again and again. Not to mention despite his intelligence he can be a total moron, as currently he has a completely insanely hot girl who would quite literally do anything for him and all he cares about if offing L. Oh not to mention that he still has yet to face a real DIRE problem, while yeah he and L continue to trade blows in trying to find out things about the other L has yet to be pushed into a corner, he's had a few issues to deal with (Misa) but generally he's had it pretty easy... which annoys the living hell out of me.
I agree with you. Light is interesting, but I would rather see him get his punishment. He reminds me too much of people I already know or have met in real life (minus the Death Note power thing of course ) who have brains, good looks and become childish if things do not go their way. His lack of value for human life (most notably killing Raye, Naomi and using Misa) is more disturbing and sad to me than it is entertaining . I wonder if he had killed all those people personally with his bare hands would he feel any kind of remorse and guilt, as opposed to his effortless and "clean" killings by simply writing down their names.
Old 2007-01-29, 06:57   Link #15
Rei_Battlecake
Kampfkuchen

I don't really get why so many people say that L is the real star of Death Note... imo Light is the star, he's extremely intelligent (well so is L) and really devillish while he himself thinks, that he acts for the good of humanity and the crazy thing is, that he really belives that and that he's so terribly unscrupulous that he'd even kill his family to attain his target... I think he's just brilliant and embodies "the aim justifies all means."

L surely is an interresting charakter but for me the "dark aura" is more interresting than the "weird aura" L gives off him...

I also think Misa is quite an interresting Charakter although we don't really know much about her past what'd probably make her much more interesting. Misa's absolute love she feels for Light is anyhow incomprehensible for me, but it adds an interesting aspect to the whole story....
Spoiler for of episode 15:

"Man needs just one thing in life: Someone to love. If you can't give him that give him hope, if you also can't give him that give him something to do."
Old 2007-01-29, 11:12   Link #16
Rurik
Golden

Hehehehe, This is what happen when you Vote first and then read the Title thread...I just voted for one Character....

Well, My first choice is L, As Geta pointed out, is not only his Intelligence and Deducting ability, but it his Eccentric behavior, From eating lots of sweet, to his Peculiar way of sitting he is really. He is really one cool character. At first I didnt lik ehim (way back when I read the Manga) but for some reason the anime just make me like him quite better now.

My other choice would had been Ryuk, Because I just found him funny.

Then there is Misa, Her childish behavior, goth clothing style and voice are just..ermmm Monir, Kina and Shay should now what Im talking about

Light is really interesting, and At one point he was my favorite in the series, but that sort of died, and now it shifted to L.
Old 2007-01-29, 12:55   Link #17
smeg4brainsuk
Ayanami's Concubine

Send a message via MSN to smeg4brainsuk
Still going with Light on this one. Especially after his awesome mind game with Naomi Misora
Old 2007-01-30, 00:04   Link #18
McMilk
*Artist

The most hilarious Shinigami there is, RYUK.
And only Ryuk.
Old 2007-01-30, 00:08   Link #19
Max Power

I have to go with Rem...all the death gods intrigue me gut Rem seems to be a thinker like Light and L. I love Ryuk but I don't think he is as interesting of a charactar.

I don't think I could choose a favorite between Light and L, I think they are equal.
Old 2007-01-30, 02:09   Link #20
Lendial

misora because she was both smart and caring, the final sequence when light tells her " i am kira", was so powerful.

misa because the poor girl has an uncoditional loyalty to light, but light only uses her to get closer to his utopia.
would it be so wrong if light got rid of the note and just had babies with misa and lived a normal and enjoyable life.
Closed Thread