AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 98 56.32%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 46 26.44%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 11.49%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.72%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.57%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.15%
Voters: 174. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-06-09, 04:53   Link #261
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I actually think that beyond the kisses, the biggest progress in the episode had to be Alto's eventual realization that he can't simply run away from home and escape his name, reputation and father. And he obviously has a begrudging respect for his father and his teachings, so I think the stage is set for him to make up with his past (oops, pun not intended, but it just came out that way. Freudian slip?)
Old 2008-06-09, 07:17   Link #262
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I actually think that beyond the kisses, the biggest progress in the episode had to be Alto's eventual realization that he can't simply run away from home and escape his name, reputation and father. And he obviously has a begrudging respect for his father and his teachings, so I think the stage is set for him to make up with his past (oops, pun not intended, but it just came out that way. Freudian slip?)
I agree but try telling that to all the paring obsessed fangirls and fanboys...

Finally Ranka a star!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Random Comment: I think it's funny that the "What if" on Ranka/Sheryl/Alto love triangle is getting more talk than the Sheryl/Ranka/Grace/Vajra connection or the Ranka/Sheryl/Dr. Mao Nome connection. Just a personal observation. ^_^
I know it's killing me inside because their is a lot of stuff that can finally tie Macross Zero to the rest of the series via Macross Frontier...

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2008-06-09 at 08:05.
Old 2008-06-09, 10:15   Link #263
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
easy for me to like this episode Alto got to kiss both females in the same episode PURE WIN ENOUGH SAID
Old 2008-06-09, 16:45   Link #264
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
easy for me to like this episode Alto got to kiss both females in the same episode PURE WIN ENOUGH SAID
Certainly had a busy episode .

Well Ranka has certainly made a big step on her way up. Getting that role though naturally she'll end up drifting as she continues to make her way. Not sure if her relationship with Alto is far enough for her to be drifting away now. Though we are only at episode 10 so there will be good and bad times ahead for everyone.

Though now have to check out Macross Zero to find out everything that went down there .
Old 2008-06-10, 02:20   Link #265
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It's like the Cathy/Ozma/Leon situation we know about it but we haven't been given enough rope to talk about it imo.

Personally I'm hoping we get some more spotlight on the Cathy and Ozma past relationship sooner rather than later. That and Sheryl and Ranka's past are stuff I want to see very soon.
I am too. I would be quite interested to figure out how the Cathy/Ozma/Leon thing came into being. Though it seems very simple in a way. Cathy and Ozma hit it off and have a relationship until both get too involved in their work and hence they separate. This may have even happened around the time that Ozma rescues Ranka and that may be a big part of it. Leon being an upcoming liason between fleet and government sees the opportunity and goes after her after being interested in her for a long time. He doesn't seem all that suave and so couldn't even come close to winning her over with Ozma in the picture. She is vulnerable after her breakup with Ozma and is on a rebound relationship. Cathy and Ozma still love each other very much and are hiding it.

That's my guess on the Cathy/Ozma/Leon love triangle.

And could we put even more people into the Alto/Ranka/Sheryl love triangle? Not really any sort of love contention but involved as personal relationships on various levels. There Luca Angelloni who is obviously completely taken by Alto and idolizes him. Then you have Nanase Matsuura who is Ranka's best friend and probably idolizes her as well. They are side characters but you can see what I'm hinting at if they wanted to go odd on the echii scale.
Old 2008-06-10, 02:53   Link #266
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm guessing that Ozma and Cathy might've had a similar dynamic to Isamu Dyson and Myung from Macross Plus in that

Spoiler for Macross Plus:

Maybe Cathy felt the same way and than seeing him worry over Ranka was like the straw that broke the camels back and she broke it up even though she was still in love with him. I'm guessing she also entered Miss Macross at around this time which might have caugh Leon's eye if he was judging. Hot + the Presidents daughter... I gotta tap that...

And yes I can totally seen Nanase wanting to have a foursome with Alto, Sheryl and Ranka.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:03   Link #267
kilroy0097
Michiko Malandro = Sexy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
And yes I can totally seen Nanase wanting to have a foursome with Alto, Sheryl and Ranka.
Ha! I think a lot of us would pay good money to see that.
Old 2008-06-10, 04:57   Link #268
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But would Alto be crossdressing as he does it?
Old 2008-06-10, 05:27   Link #269
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

Throw in Brera--crossdressing too, or shall I say, modified implants--and we get a yuri overload.
Old 2008-06-10, 06:15   Link #270
ani_d

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
Throw in Brera--crossdressing too, or shall I say, modified implants--and we get a yuri overload.
Alto's beauty will be threatened once Brera comes into the mix.
Old 2008-06-10, 07:51   Link #271
grss1982

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
We've had enough talk about what happened around the kiss, but what I'm wondering is what the significance of Sheryl's scowl here:

Is it because Alto is holding up production, or is it because he's talking to Ranka?

(or maybe both?)
Hey is that an Ex-Gear she is wearing? If so are we gonna finally see perhaps a VF-25 in Sheryl colors?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
The fanboyness is an overreaction to how bad Macross 7 was.

That said, at least NUNS doesn't seem to be as stupid as the TSAB. Though... if the producer can get a real-life SH-60 Seahawk, plus LCACs, why the heck can't he get a real VF-0? Unless they were all scrapped :P
On that note.............I would like to congratulate Sikorsky Aircraft Corp. for their very long lasting Sikorsky SH-60/MH-60 Seahawk, which is still used in the year 2059, which is 80 years since its 1979 introduction.
Old 2008-06-10, 09:32   Link #272
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

The same way Ozma has a working Lancia Delta HF Integrale.
Old 2008-06-10, 11:22   Link #273
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

^I thought that was an electric version since most cars in Frontier whirred rather than vroomed. Then again, Ozma drives hard, like Focker by the way, so his might not be electric at all.

Anyway, I was bothered why Alto can't hit the Hydra with his handgun. Aside from the fact that the beast moved more like a ninja that knows what a gun is rather than the usual dumb animal, I guess I figured it out:

1. He never improved his target shooting since his training days. If Ozma knows what happened, Alto will get more than a kick in the ass this time.

2. He ran while shooting. You can't shoot straight while running, unless you're a l33t.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:11   Link #274
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptGloval View Post
^I thought that was an electric version since most cars in Frontier whirred rather than vroomed. Then again, Ozma drives hard, like Focker by the way, so his might not be electric at all.

Anyway, I was bothered why Alto can't hit the Hydra with his handgun. Aside from the fact that the beast moved more like a ninja that knows what a gun is rather than the usual dumb animal, I guess I figured it out:

1. He never improved his target shooting since his training days. If Ozma knows what happened, Alto will get more than a kick in the ass this time.

2. He ran while shooting. You can't shoot straight while running, unless you're a l33t.
At least he wasn't dual wielding, while attempting acrobatics.
Old 2008-06-10, 14:51   Link #275
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Ha! I think a lot of us would pay good money to see that.
Starts waving all 3 of his credit cards, please tell me they take credit cards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
But would Alto be crossdressing as he does it?
Now that would be a sight i sense doujin in the making.
Old 2008-06-10, 23:01   Link #276
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by grss1982 View Post
Hey is that an Ex-Gear she is wearing? If so are we gonna finally see perhaps a VF-25 in Sheryl colors?
Yes, she is. Sheryl wears a blue suit so I am right on her color scheme.

Here is multiple choice question for Micheal, the current owner of BLUE VF:

1) Pineapple salad; 2) Full time schooling
Old 2008-06-11, 00:31   Link #277
Zekori

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Yes, she is. Sheryl wears a blue suit so I am right on her color scheme.

Here is multiple choice question for Micheal, the current owner of BLUE VF:

1) Pineapple salad; 2) Full time schooling
Er? Max was the owner of the Blue AC, the colorscheme for Luca was Kakizaki.

If anything Ozma will be the most likely to die, maybe Luca but I dont think that will be the case for Frontier.

Brera however will be pretty much dead.
Old 2008-06-11, 02:29   Link #278
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekori View Post
Er? Max was the owner of the Blue AC, the colorscheme for Luca was Kakizaki.

If anything Ozma will be the most likely to die, maybe Luca but I dont think that will be the case for Frontier.

Brera however will be pretty much dead.
Er. I'm talking in Macross Frontier episode 10 thread not general macross nor original macross nor DYRL nor Macross 7, the owner of blue here is Mikhail, the spectacles, the womanizer, the sniper, the teaser to Alto, and the childhood friend of KlanX2.

I know he doesn't have biggest death flag flying overhead, but this is just a wishful thinking from a Sheryl fan, who happens wanting a blue VF-25 for his queen (I still feel Sheryl is more wayward princess like though).
Old 2008-06-11, 05:31   Link #279
.Mero

Don't see any pineapples on Mikhails path to be honest, Luca however.....
Besides is Mikhail where to get pineapple salad, the Varja would face the wraith of Klein Klan and that would mean the end of them

If i had to put money on it i'd say, Ozma gets Pineapple salad, Alto gets skull, Sheryl then gets the standard VF-25 Scheme Alto now has.

But still i have doubts if Sheryl actually gets to fly a FV in actual combat, by accident, maybe. Other then that, i'm not sure.
Old 2008-06-11, 06:37   Link #280
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm pretty sure that Sheryl will fly a VF in some form or manner sometime during the series, joyride with Alto?

Episode 10 Rating = 1.5%

Japanese blog

*1.5%(*1.0%) 06/06 26:10-26:40 TBS マクロスFRONTIER

http://happyuki-blog.at.webry.info/2...rticle_30.html

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-06-11 at 06:57.
Closed Thread