AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-05-30, 16:22   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Being wary is one thing, making assumptions is something else. I mean, Monoma basically spelled it out for us in so many words what was really going on here.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 18:01   Link #42
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Being wary is one thing, making assumptions is something else. I mean, Monoma basically spelled it out for us in so many words what was really going on here.
You're making assumptions as well.
Old 2021-05-30, 20:32   Link #43
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
You're making assumptions as well.
I truly don’t believe that’s the case. I’m taking the author at (his character’s) words, and not defaulting to an assumption that he’s f*cking this up.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-12, 17:08   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Last week: "I can tell Blackwhip is a power I'll only be able to use once I have fully mastered OFA"
This week: "Nevermind, I want to use it now"

And sure enough, he's using it in the preview for next episode and had custom gloves made so the whips don't destroy his costume when they come out.
Old 2021-06-13, 08:27   Link #45
-G1-

Yesterday I binged episodes 1-11. So far, I'm not liking it that much. What I liked about the series during the first session was how dynamic it was, the opposite of dbz with its legendary 10-episodes for a 5-minute fight. Even some important fights (such as deku vs todorki, season 2) weren't extended beyond what was necessary

Now however, the fights during this arc have been dragged to long, most of which could've been told in an episode or less. And they're not even good, with many character seeming like wasted potential. I want to see Momo create a cannon like this.

Also, it was funny to see Ashido training Mineta like in A Clockwork Orange
-G1- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 16:39   Link #46
Strahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by -G1- View Post
Also, it was funny to see Ashido training Mineta like in A Clockwork Orange
Yea, that gave me a chuckle too. Now I'll be really impressed if sometime in the next few eps they setup a scene where Mineta walks in on the girls changing and gets a sick look on his face and pukes
Strahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-19, 18:32   Link #47
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

WTF is Bones' doing? They've switched two arcs around and spoiled the best arc of the season's conclusion ahead of time. Given the preview, it looks like they're going to spoil some more next week.
Old 2021-06-20, 00:40   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Every time they mention Endeavor I can't help thinking how good it is that the villains are stupid. The world is incredibly fragile right now. And the #1 hero that is pulling the rest of the group forward has an insanely easy to exploit weakness. Even though Endeavor is working to improve and do the right thing by his family members...the past is still ugly as can be. I just find it hard to believe that no one has done any digging into the #1 (particularly a certain fire villain that seems to have a connection with Endeavor) and found this stuff to use against him.

This episode was fine. But I still can't help feeling the franchise has really lost momentum. Giving Deku extra powers that he has to learn to control on top of the main power he still hasn't even mastered just feels like the story is trying to slow itself down. Plus the obvious waste of time that was the Class A vs Class B stuff.

There was good stuff in here though. I like the unease that Best Jeanist being missing creates. As well as Bakugo showing some unease about it. He didn't exactly mesh with that guy. But I think he understood what he was trying to express. And that he may never get a chance to speak with him again is uncomfortable.
Old 2021-06-20, 06:13   Link #49
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
WTF is Bones' doing? They've switched two arcs around and spoiled the best arc of the season's conclusion ahead of time. Given the preview, it looks like they're going to spoil some more next week.
I think it’s because of the upcoming movie. The movie takes place sometime during the Endeavor Agency arc so they need to show the arc before the movie comes out in August.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-20, 11:39   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I think it’s because of the upcoming movie. The movie takes place sometime during the Endeavor Agency arc so they need to show the arc before the movie comes out in August.
That's what I think too. The movies always end up being detrimental to the main series one way or another. But maybe they can make it work, we'll just have to wait and see.

Of course, I'm aware the movies are far more profitable than the tv series and might be the reason it's lasted this long, so I guess I can't complain too much.
Old 2021-06-26, 08:00   Link #51
-G1-

I didn't like the episode, I felt most of it was filler. Probably not, but it's not advancing the plot quickly enough in my opinion.

Also, what's up with Deku's gloves? Am I missing something or he out of nowhere got custom-made gloves to use Blackwhip?
Old 2021-06-26, 12:39   Link #52
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

... the episode was literally all plot with a side of Hawk's character development. I'm not sure what you are looking forward to when you mention advancing the plot. Was it because it was mainly foreshadowing?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 18:32   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Welp, it doesn't seem like they've made the effort to avoid spoiling the arc they've skipped. But I guess it's all vague enough for anime onlies to not figure it out? I can't tell since I've read the manga and my point of view is therefore biased.

But just going over what the anime has shown: Hawks was still trying to win Dabi's trust a few weeks ago, and was told to attack a top hero other than the number one. He then goes to Best Jeanist's house and the scene ends with him seemingly about to attack him. Note: we know from last week's episode that Best Jeanist is currently missing. Cut to the present, and Hawks is now undercover in a group that numbers over 100 thousand people. What do you make of this?
Old 2021-06-26, 21:01   Link #54
Random14

Its nice to get back to the main plot after that long training battle. And there's the Endeavor we know and... respect? Tolerate? I like seeing the "normal" top hero agencies (whereas All Might was formerly a one man army).

It is weird seeing this out of order. Obviously a lot has happened with Hawks off-screen, but guess they had to rush to set things up for the movie. The three of them have grown a lot but of course there's still a big gap between them and the top heroes. All Might already said it, but its kind of fun having both Bakugo and Endeavor in the same place to contrast, though both have (somewhat) calmed down recently.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-26, 21:11   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Oh no the liberation army is the enemy...the heck is the liberation army? Are we supposed to know what that is? Are we not supposed to know? Or was it in skipped material?

There's just a lot going on here and I'm not sure what to make of it. Will admit I kind of miss how Grand Torino handled Deku. With a more 'mild' Endeavor he's free to be all chipper and bring a "I'll do my best sir" kind of attitude.

It's better than the Class A vs Class B stuff. Even if I'm not entirely sure what is going on. There's enough I do get to keep on following until we eventually get to the arc that was skipped over.
Old 2021-06-28, 17:58   Link #56
-G1-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
... the episode was literally all plot with a side of Hawk's character development. I'm not sure what you are looking forward to when you mention advancing the plot. Was it because it was mainly foreshadowing?
Maybe we are talking about different episodes. My last comment was about the "last" episode I had the night before I posted, episode 101, the practice for hero interviews and Christmas at the dorms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Oh no the liberation army is the enemy...the heck is the liberation army? Are we supposed to know what that is? Are we not supposed to know? Or was it in skipped material?
Agree. I have no idea what's happening. This could have been a big reveal had that organization been introduced earlier. Maybe it was a big reveal but the anime scrambled the plot, and it lost all the impact.
Leaving that issues aside, I'm glad something is finally happening.

I liked the new opening. My waifu is looking great
Old 2021-06-28, 19:08   Link #57
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post

There's just a lot going on here and I'm not sure what to make of it. Will admit I kind of miss how Grand Torino handled Deku. With a more 'mild' Endeavor he's free to be all chipper and bring a "I'll do my best sir" kind of attitude.

It's better than the Class A vs Class B stuff. Even if I'm not entirely sure what is going on. There's enough I do get to keep on following until we eventually get to the arc that was skipped over.
It's hardly that rare of a thing to have one episode say "so-and-so are coming" and leave the rest for later. It's a pretty standard cliffhanger when you want to quickly increase the tension; leaving the enemy kind of mysterious helps build suspense. Not really anything to complain about. Particularly given the way it was stated in the code: "The enemy is the Liberation Army". That structure suggests that he's naming or identifying the enemy, which makes perfect sense even if Endeavor (and we) had never heard of them before. On the other hand, if he'd said "The Liberation Army is the enemy", this would suggest that he was identifying the Liberation Army's alignment against them, in which case it would indeed make no sense to not already know who they are.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-10, 07:53   Link #58
TURI123456

Only I like the change of the Anime did (although I would be happy if the parts that were cut will receive fair processing and not a fast one that shows the things that were cutting in one or two episodes).

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, English isn't my native language.
TURI123456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-07-10, 18:33   Link #59
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Now I have no more doubts: they've ruined the next arc. Showing us all the members of the League are alive in the present destroys all the tension the arc would have had. Worse, this episode even told us Shigaraki is the top guy of the Liberation front, spoiling the outcome of the arc. One of the reasons this arc was so good in the manga is that it was unpredictable.

All this for a movie. It was already bad that the animation quality of the series decreased starting season 3 so they could focus on them, now they have no qualms butchering the original material.

Should I also mention the ridiculous amount of flashbacks in this ep? The pacing of the episode was atrocious because of that.
Old 2021-07-17, 17:08   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was wondering why they were wasting an episode on a filler, and it ended up being a tie in for the movie! That damn movie again!!