Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-17, 10:20   Link #61
Black-Cat-Sama

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Rangiku pwns! So she's really going to defeat all 3?
She has to compensate for the crushing loss Hitsugaya will suffer at the hands of Halibel and her effing awesome Zanpaktou!!!! HALIBEL FTW!!!!

but yeah, i see her beating the two idiot ones that are rash and loud, Sun Sun might put rangiku down (maybe reaction from gin?) and rangiku going down would make hitsu either mad or distracted.... either way he must lose, or kubo is hated for the rest of his manga drawing days D=<

and about soifong fighting a fraccion....were't they supposed to be strong and like scary and crap??? Fraccion= arrancar which were something big back when they were first introduced...but now its only Espada or you suck... well top 3 or you suck... >,>;;; SS is overpowered, that's all...everyone needs cannon fodder, but why msut the fraccion suffer, i hope SS gets a kick in the ass, Shinji style =D
Old 2008-10-17, 12:35   Link #62
j1n
(D-_-)=D(X_X)O=(-_-O)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Hitsugaya and Rangiku gave perfect opportunity for the vaizard to join the fight.
True. When i first read the vizard story I wasn't sure if they'd go help SS, but it just wouldn't make sense. It's Aizen who's their biggest enemy, after all.
Old 2008-10-17, 13:18   Link #63
Utsukushii Hono'o
Banned

Location: Currently stalking, Evil Rick, Larthak, Malin, Kholdstare, lv23, as always Endrance.anafewothrs
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1n View Post
True. When i first read the vizard story I wasn't sure if they'd go help SS, but it just wouldn't make sense. It's Aizen who's their biggest enemy, after all.
I think it does. "Your enemy's enemies are your allies".
It makes perfect sense, since Aizen is the one who is at fault for their exile. SS acted according to the rules. It is a sucky rule, but a rule nonetheless. They are not the ones to blame for following the rules.

Soi Fon was kick ass! Omeada ... (If you can't say something nice don't say it at all)

Matsu looked so cool. I am sorry I called her weak. It probably has something to do with the fact that I have never seen it action before.

Hitsu and Halibel can give Yamaji lessons in staring. That was one hell of a stare down.
Halibel's sword is fucking awesome! Please Please let someone stronger interrupt and fight her. Otherwise she is doomed to fail
Old 2008-10-17, 13:58   Link #64
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Of course she'll bloomin' fail. It's Hitsugaya "SQUEE!" Toshiro who has droves of fangirls on his side, and who has only ever lost a confrontation against Aizen, and no-one but Yamajii can stand up to Aizen because he's the man. Plus, Hitsugaya has Shounen and Bleach Law on his side.

And the Fraccion are all doomed to die. I'm prepared to say goodbye to Apache, Mila Rose and Sun-Sun next chapter. Not as if they're important. The only one that might get lucky is Lilinette.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:23   Link #65
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiryuu View Post
Hope an important shinigami dies soon. This is getting kinda boring.
I'd actually gain a lot of respect for Kubo if Omaeda dies. *shrug*.

He's unimportant. The Espada need to be shown as serious and ruthless. They're too humane right now. And everyone in bleach is not mission centered.

There are several things that could make the situation look more serious:

1)If Toshiro is knocked out in half a chapter flat, and given a gory, hellish wound. Not death, though: he is a child prodigy type character; This woud be a great time to have him undergo an inferiority complex and get stronger for the next arc.

2)If Omaeda, and the 1st Division Vice Capt die.

3)If, during the battle, everyone is fighting, and then a pillar breaks down, due to a group of the arrancar having been assigned to go and destroy the pillars in the heat of the battle, and then, while evryone is distracted, the arrancar don't gloat: they attack like serious villains, and catch someone like Soi Fong off guard.

4)Then, After that, assuming Toshiro is down, Halibel is unaccounted for on the field, and just as someone notices, Old MAn General Yamamoto shunpos to the side just in time to dodge a clean slice through his position.

5)And if SS is utterly wasted, all BEFORE Yama-jii's trap wears out, and AIZEN, Tousen and GIN are released.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
You know, When I look at Barragan and his throne, I started to remember the old bounto.. he even got a whale too @.@

Maybe Kubo gave a bit of a sneak peek or he just thought its cool to recycle stuff
The bount pretty much had nothing to do with cannon bleach's storyline, you know...they're filler villains.

All in all: Bleach is getting kinda like NAruto where the fghts are concerned:

Fights in Naruto are constanty interrupted by flashbacks; But this is where Bleach is declining even lower than naruto: For Naruto, which focuses so much on emotion and character emotional growth and development, the flashbacks, though extremely annoying, go miles towards god, solid character development, and reinforcement of the emotinal aspect of the storyline.

Bleach doesn't use flashbacks. Nope. Not at all. It uses long, pointless chit-chat between ENEMIES, who shouldn't usually talk to one another, and takes up a lot of good, plot time doing no good. The chitchat does NO good for the storyline, or for character development, and in the end is even MORE frustrating for the readers, becuse look:

Within TWO whole chapters, 38 pages, all Kubo has done is:

1)Match up the fights. That took A WHOLE EFFING CHAPTER that could actually have been done in a series of panels spanning no more than 3 pages. Six at the most if you want to be very stupid about it. Then, to waste more time, he has the characters stand up, and try to look "Cool" by trying to say "cool" thing to their opponents, when they should be fighting, and trying to DO cool moves instead.

So, within two chapters what do we have: Some lame, irrelevant series of verbal spars and comebacks, and fight matchups. Followed by an unwanted shikai (matsumoto) from a character who's no more than a fan-pleaser hooters girl, and is not a wanted battle focus like Ulquiorra, or Byauya, or Shinji, or Yamamoto.

So: Who's really excited about what happened this week?

Not me. Nope.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:40   Link #66
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post

He's unimportant. The Espada need to be shown as serious and ruthless. They're too humane right now. And everyone in bleach is not mission centered.

There are several things that could make the situation look more serious:

1)If Toshiro is knocked out in half a chapter flat, and given a gory, hellish wound. Not death, though: he is a child prodigy type character; This woud be a great time to have him undergo an inferiority complex and get stronger for the next arc.

2)If Omaeda, and the 1st Division Vice Capt die.

3)If, during the battle, everyone is fighting, and then a pillar breaks down, due to a group of the arrancar having been assigned to go and destroy the pillars in the heat of the battle, and then, while evryone is distracted, the arrancar don't gloat: they attack like serious villains, and catch someone like Soi Fong off guard.

4)Then, After that, assuming Toshiro is down, Halibel is unaccounted for on the field, and just as someone notices, Old MAn General Yamamoto shunpos to the side just in time to dodge a clean slice through his position.

5)And if SS is utterly wasted, all BEFORE Yama-jii's trap wears out, and AIZEN, Tousen and GIN are released.

1) Not gonna happen, because it's Toushiro. Also, I feel that with the death of the Espada and eventually Aizen in the near future, Bleach will come to an end- so, no extra arc.

2) Also not gonna happen, because Omaeda (who isn't down yet, mind) will either make a comeback, or Soifon will save his ass after dealing with the most pathetic Fraccion ever. "Oh, I'll fight you just to remain nameless and get one-shotted, ain't I cool?" And even if Kusakabe died, I'm not sure if anyone would care because he's been gone for so long.

3) Already happened, and Po got killed.

4) Well, that's not all that big, it's Yamajii. He can dodge a simple sword swipe.

5) Shounen Law. All the Shinigami are bound to win, no matter what the odds are.

And for the Espada, if you count beating the crap out of their opponents about once ruthless...then watch as they gloat and get killed.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:44   Link #67
LeoThugs
Ero Sennin the Second

Send a message via Yahoo to LeoThugs
I don't understand the logic behind writing off Hitsugaya. He can seriously kick ass. And no one knows what sort of training he has been doing in soul society ever since he was recalled back. Remember what Arrancar # 11 said, " You are still young and your Bankai is still immature." And he is one of the stronger captains. Stronger than Ichigo, I believe so.

I can't wait for the Stark vs. Shinsui fight.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:46   Link #68
Dream_Traveller
Banned

See, that's how pathetic the Arrancar are- reduced to being referred to by numbers. Granted, Shawlong was a Numero, but whatever.

And we certainly haven't seen Toshiro train. But, hey, he's gonna win, because all the fangirls'll have heart attacks if he doesn't.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:49   Link #69
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoThugs View Post
I don't understand the logic behind writing off Hitsugaya. He can seriously kick ass. And no one knows what sort of training he has been doing in soul society ever since he was recalled back. Remember what Arrancar # 11 said, " You are still young and your Bankai is still immature." And he is one of the stronger captains. Stronger than Ichigo, I believe so.

I can't wait for the Stark vs. Shinsui fight.
He is one of the weaker captains. That's pretty much the reason why he was sent to Karakura City in the Arrancar Arc - because SS could not afford to lose their top people.

Think about it...by process of elimination the only captains he's stronger than are probably Tousen and Komamura and perhaps Mayuri, though we don't know about that one.

I also can't wait for the Stark vs. Shunsui fight - it's the most evenly-matched pair of all.
Old 2008-10-17, 14:59   Link #70
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I tell you the only thing that can redeem the Bleach Character Power and Ranking Structure is the Vaizards...

Thye have to come in strong, and business like, and not sparing anyone, or wasting any frikcing time in trying to look "cool" by saying all kinds of useless shit.

But we all know it'll be like this:

Like "I'll defeat you in one slash."
"Dont' underestimate me."
"I'm not. Just stating the facts."
"You can only say that when the fight is over."
(Approx one whole pages wasted with shinji. Now for Hyori.)

Hyori: "Hey bastard: You should run: you're not experienced enough to fight me."
opponent: (tries to look cool by shifting his stance)"No: It is you..." (dramatic pause, pose shift again, places hand on sword hilt) "Who cannot possibly hope to defeat me."

Hyori: "That's it: This guy s pissing me off!!!"
opponent: "(lowers his head to make the eye shadows collect, and tried to look "cool" again: "Then tell me with your sword; or are you afraid?"
(Approimately 1 and a half more pages wasted.

(etc etc etc.)

Whole chpater wasted with everyone playing "cool", and fight matchups.

This is how Kubo does it, no?

Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;

Then they came for me!
Old 2008-10-17, 15:04   Link #71
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

And how do you know that there'll be anyone left to fight? Hitsugaya'll probably kill Halibel, Matsumoto'll snuff out her three Fraccion, Soifon'll kill Mr/Ms. Nameless, and possibly Mr. Tough Guy, too, unless Omaeda makes a comeback, and Komamura, Iba, Hisagi and Izuru'll probably kill Barragan, and Shunsui'll deal with Stark. From past events, out of everyone, that leaves only Lilinette, assuming she's out of the fight thanks to Stark's advice, Aizen, Ulquiorra, Tousen, maybe Gin, and Yammy. With Lilinette presumably neutral, and with Yammy (presumably) and Ulquiorra at Noches, that leaves...two people for the whole of the Society gathered over the fake Karakura to fight, with only one, Tousen, being a notable threat.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:04   Link #72
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
I tell you the only thing that can redeem the Bleach Character Power and Ranking Structure is the Vaizards...

Thye have to come in strong, and business like, and not sparing anyone, or wasting any frikcing time in trying to look "cool" by saying all kinds of useless shit.

But we all know it'll be like this:

Like "I'll defeat you in one slash."
"Dont' underestimate me."
"I'm not. Just stating the facts."
"You can only say that when the fight is over."
(Approx one whole pages wasted with shinji. Now for Hyori.)

Hyori: "Hey bastard: You should run: you're not experienced enough to fight me."
opponent: (tries to look cool by shifting his stance)"No: It is you..." (dramatic pause, pose shift again, places hand on sword hilt) "Who cannot possibly hope to defeat me."

Hyori: "That's it: This guy s pissing me off!!!"
opponent: "(lowers his head to make the eye shadows collect, and tried to look "cool" again: "Then tell me with your sword; or are you afraid?"
(Approimately 1 and a half more pages wasted.

(etc etc etc.)

This is how Kubo does it, no?
Hahaha, that's how everyone does it...at least in shounen manga.

I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:07   Link #73
Slayerx

Quote:

keyword in the comment you quoted: "important"
Omaeda will not die because he is the least important of the SS... he is essentially the punching bag comic relief character. There is nothing to gain from his death because no one will really care all that much. Death isn't that effective if it doesn't come with a lot of over the top drama

Kubo needs to kill someone IMPORTANT if he wants to earn any points...
Frankly, i've been guessing that Old man Yama would be the one to die

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller
5) Shounen Law. All the Shinigami are bound to win, no matter what the odds are.
No, Shounen law says the "good guys" will win in the end... however how many losses the good guys face on the way can be pretty random... for instance, SS can be completely wiped out, but shonen law is maintained due to the fact that the vizards/urahara/yorichi/ishin or whomever will show up and finish the job instead.

Knowing the vizards are coming, i damn well hope SS looses... it's a pretty safe bet that the vizards are gonna show up at the last minute to help which ever side is loosing (another shounen law)... And i'd rather they show up to save SS than show up to help Aizen.

Though grant it, i don't think would be against the vizards showing up to kick EVERYONES ass and forcing both Aizen and SS into retreat. Don't side with anyone and remain a side of their own. Not exactly sure where the story would go from there, but a third side that is not portrayed as good guy or bad guy would be much more interesting than just 2 sides of black vs white.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:10   Link #74
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It's obvious that, at least, at the hands of the Arrancar, the SS won't be obliterated. They have three Espada, and six Fraccion, five of which are obviously going to die either next chapter or in 332. That leaves the Espada to get killed off, and the only threats are Gin and Tousen- mind you, though, they DO have potential to tear shit up. Oh, and Aizen.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:24   Link #75
Darklord_bg
Hallowed Redeemer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
It's obvious that, at least, at the hands of the Arrancar, the SS won't be obliterated. They have three Espada, and six Fraccion, five of which are obviously going to die either next chapter or in 332. That leaves the Espada to get killed off, and the only threats are Gin and Tousen- mind you, though, they DO have potential to tear shit up. Oh, and Aizen.
Like I've said before, Aizen seems to always be a step ahead of everybody else. He might have made a deal with the Vaizards, OR, what would be even cooler, if all the Espada got defeated and he got cornered again, all of a sudden a bunch of Vastolordes appeared out of nowhere and unloaded a can of whoopass on Soul Society. It would be just like his escape from SS, only on a grander scale.
Old 2008-10-17, 15:57   Link #76
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklord_bg View Post
Like I've said before, Aizen seems to always be a step ahead of everybody else. He might have made a deal with the Vaizards, OR, what would be even cooler, if all the Espada got defeated and he got cornered again, all of a sudden a bunch of Vastolordes appeared out of nowhere and unloaded a can of whoopass on Soul Society. It would be just like his escape from SS, only on a grander scale.
OH!! I like that idea. Seriously. It would add another step of serious depth to Aizen, who seems to be the ONLY character type Kubo has got right so far.

Hey man, at this rate, we might as well just turn Luffy into a Shinigami and have him go to BleachVerse and show them how its effing done...

Just put the three admirals, or something. Then encapsulate their fruit powers into shikais and pow. OWnage of everyone in SS.

Plus Aokiji will show Toushiro how to REALLY use Ice powers...

ICE AGE!!!

Then they came for me!
Old 2008-10-17, 16:00   Link #77
Dream_Traveller
Banned

So him sending out a few Vasto Lorde adds depth to him somehow?
Old 2008-10-17, 16:16   Link #78
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
So him sending out a few Vasto Lorde adds depth to him somehow?
Definitely: See AIzen is a purely intellectual, manipulating type villain, with EXTREME, beyond understanding power to boot, just in case. But he stands back and plots most of the time.

WE WERe NOT expecting a group of Vasto Lordes to pop up at all. It never occured to us: In fact, that could be the BEST idea for Bleach cannon that has come around so far: Because if 7 Vasto Lorder, or even five just run out all at once and then you see Aizen standing smirking, as they strut mightily out of a Garganta, and then he says:

"You've been fighting against my Espada for a while now: And you've been told that Vasto Lorde Hollows are at least above the level of a Captain;" He pauses for dramatic effect, "And you've been told that the top ten espada are the most powerful from rank 1 to 10;"

everyone is in shock, and, in a whole two page spread, the new Vasto Lorde group around Aizen, kneeling, and Aizen says:

"So far, have the Arrancar you've been fighting, been above the level of a Shinigami Captain, Shiro-kun?"

"Wh---" (total shock all around...)

Soi Fong: "Wait...youre saying that--"

Aizen: (chuckles softly, with a generous, passive smile. The ESSENCE of evil.)
"Yes: Of the current espada you've all given arm and leg to defeat, only the top two, Stark and Halibel were Vasto Lorde. The rest were Adjucha."

Dramatic pause, and everyone is speechless...

Aizen: "And...look: funny: Halibel and Stark, the weakest of my Vasto Lordes are...still alive. Interesting..."

Aizen's face gets a close up, that emphasized his evil eyes and his mouth as he speaks:

"Destroy this obstacle town, and Regroup at the Real Soul Society."

Last page: just shows a two page spread of the ENTIRE battle field, and blurred images of the SS Capts getting slashed by even blurrier images of Shynpoing Vasto Lordes.

Wouldn't this be cool?

And it would be the perfect way to introduce...

dun dun dun...

The Vaizards...

Then they came for me!
Old 2008-10-17, 16:21   Link #79
Dream_Traveller
Banned

It would be a stupid as hell conclusion. "Oh hai guyz, you beat my pals, I'm going to sic my BEST CREATIONS EVAR on you and extend the manga by 100 chapters as you spend about a quarter of that fighting my pets, whilst Ichigo kills Ulquiorra and searches for me or something!"

And...pff, Stark and Halibel? Vastos? Dream on.

Or, anyway, seeing as the Vaizards are probably hax, the introduction of the Vastos will be pointless if they come along seeing at they'll rape them, on the flip side.
Old 2008-10-17, 16:58   Link #80
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
It would be a stupid as hell conclusion. "Oh hai guyz, you beat my pals, I'm going to sic my BEST CREATIONS EVAR on you and extend the manga by 100 chapters as you spend about a quarter of that fighting my pets, whilst Ichigo kills Ulquiorra and searches for me or something!"

And...pff, Stark and Halibel? Vastos? Dream on.

Or, anyway, seeing as the Vaizards are probably hax, the introduction of the Vastos will be pointless if they come along seeing at they'll rape them, on the flip side.
No, it wouldn't be the conclusion: it would the real beginnning of the good part of bleach.

Then they came for me!
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, weekly chapter discussion