AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 195 43.05%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 82 18.10%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 60 13.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 36 7.95%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 4.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 13 2.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 7 1.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.10%
1 out of 10 : Painful 24 5.30%
Voters: 453. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-28, 12:55   Link #381
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
Feels like an RPG. :P

BTW, what happened to all the other NPC's? Don't you find it weird that no teacher got mad at them for using the gym without permission?
I was under the impression that The Architect turned them all into shadows, which then got destroyed when the source of the NPC existence, that computer room, was Rambo'd by Yuri. So after all the remaining SSS members ascended, there was no one left in the world except those last five.
Which however, contradicts Kanade's farewell scene, where there some assumed NPCs doing club activities on the field.
So I don't know. Either the five of them somehow restored the entire NPC matrix, or someone in the development department of Angel Beats! (I'm not blaming Maeda this time, as it doesn't really have anything to do with the written plot) had a temporary lapse in common sense.
Old 2010-06-28, 14:40   Link #382
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Ideas for remake:

more details on back stories on all important charaters, especially TK

more band performances, and no more broken story lines.

more GDM!!! <<< this is the most important
Old 2010-06-28, 15:23   Link #383
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
its all about WILL
if they are WILLING to move on, they will be able to move on.
so long as they REFUSE to move on, they will stay in place, even if they have no regrets left.

edit:
just fucking figure out the full implication of it.
Otonashi was sent there for the sole purpose of allowing Kanade to move on.
because if he never showed up, she would forever be stuck there regretting that she never had a chance to thank him.
she even asks him to help her believe what he's always believed
"that living is wonderful"
he's there to set her free.

sniff...
thats so fucking bittersweet
Or maybe Otonashi was their because in the back of his mind he didn't realize the full impact what his organs did for people. Since he was able to realize how thankful the donor was when she recieved his heart his mission was complete. Also your right aout it was Otanashi purpose for Kanade to move on Plus, he stayed because he had a crush on her.
Old 2010-06-28, 16:40   Link #384
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Or maybe Otonashi was their because in the back of his mind he didn't realize the full impact what his organs did for people. Since he was able to realize how thankful the donor was when she recieved his heart his mission was complete. Also your right aout it was Otanashi purpose for Kanade to move on Plus, he stayed because he had a crush on her.
who wouldn't ?
Old 2010-06-28, 16:49   Link #385
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Finally got around to watch the last few episodes and what the hell was that? Aside from Iwasawa/Yui NONE of the GDM members had their past explained. Sure all of them were side characters (though you could say that about Iwasawa and less about Yui as well) but they were shown quite frequently though they had like less than 10 lines in total FOR THIRTEEN EPISODES. Yes, I call this a huge failure. Yusa ;_;

Anyway not in the mood to rant right now so I'll just say that girly Yurippe is cute :3
Old 2010-06-28, 17:32   Link #386
dark998

Someone seriously believed that the background of +15 characters was going to be explained in 13 episodes? Having unrealistic expectations is a problem of the viewer, not of the show.

I like Yusa and Irie a lot, but their past had no place in the story. Same with TK, Shiina, Takamatsu, Noda and the others.
Old 2010-06-28, 17:57   Link #387
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

Oh my gooood. This ending was hhhhhooorriiiible.

Yuri: Oh hai guyz. I'm going to act completely different from how I normally act because of bad script!

Otonashi: That's fine. :3

Yuri: By the way....Where in the world are all of our friends?

Otonashi: Oh. They disappeared! ^____^

Yuri: That's wonderful!! They sucked! ^______^

Kanade: You sure said it, Yuri! I'm going to act different too! Lets be friendz!! ^_____^

Yuri: You're a sister to me. :: disappears ::

Hinata: Oh you guyz! It was so good, the time spent with all of you! ^______^
::disappears ::

Naoi: YUPPERS. Otonashi-kun, I love y--::disappears ::

Otonashi: Whhhhatever. Now it's just you and me, Kanade! I love you.

Kanade: Wha....Where did that come from?

Otonashi: Bad scripting. But never mind that, lets be together.

Last edited by HeadlessPony; 2010-06-28 at 17:59. Reason: boop
Old 2010-06-28, 18:05   Link #388
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post
Someone seriously believed that the background of +15 characters was going to be explained in 13 episodes? Having unrealistic expectations is a problem of the viewer, not of the show.

I like Yusa and Irie a lot, but their past had no place in the story. Same with TK, Shiina, Takamatsu, Noda and the others.
Oh wow. Did you even read the thread? Are you telling me that is was my mistake as well that the content was crammed inside of 13 episode instead of 26 which would easily been possible? If you are answering to posts make sure you are hitting the point, which is not the complaint about 15+ characters being explained in 13 episodes but the complaint that the story was crammed into way too few episodes which left several holes in the story that were never explained.
Old 2010-06-28, 18:22   Link #389
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

@HeadlessPony

If you think Yuri never had this attitude, you've never read Track Zero.

Well, it's a nice addition. Chaa being melancholy was justified if you add the info from the novels about him.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-28, 19:26   Link #390
HeadlessPony
~Princess~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
@HeadlessPony

If you think Yuri never had this attitude, you've never read Track Zero.

Well, it's a nice addition. Chaa being melancholy was justified if you add the info from the novels about him.
Track Zero is from the light novels? I have never read them before.

But that is why I found it odd that she was acting that way. She went from acting one way throughout the whole series to completely different after making peace with her former life. It is hard for me to think that someone can change their attitude and personality at the drop of a hat. Maybe it was there hidden all along?
Old 2010-06-28, 19:29   Link #391
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I'll give you a clue. Yuri frequently hits Hinata in Track Zero.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2010-06-28, 19:32   Link #392
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessPony View Post
Track Zero is from the light novels? I have never read them before.

But that is why I found it odd that she was acting that way. She went from acting one way throughout the whole series to completely different after making peace with her former life. It is hard for me to think that someone can change their attitude and personality at the drop of a hat. Maybe it was there hidden all along?
Well, even without track zero you can assume after turning to an NPC for a while er personality and outlook might change. Her personality different when she was living the NPC life. Then after she completed her mission, resolved her regrets, finding out how life could have been different if she was chasing GOD, and not having to act like they leader anymore would diffinately change a persons personality.

But if you do read the NOVELS they help too. Her personality was definately different in the Novels. Plus the interactions between Hinata and Yurippe were lost in the anime.
Spoiler for Yurripe weapons in the novel:

Everybody has to remember the SSS group is what helped people stayed then move on.
Old 2010-06-28, 19:54   Link #393
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

I'd laugh so hard if they had an afterstory
(although what happens after an afterlife?)

it was overall pretty good on a 13ep scale. they should have just developed the 5 people more.
Old 2010-06-28, 19:58   Link #394
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Spoiler for Yurripe weapons in the novel:

Spoiler:

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-06-28 at 21:05.
Old 2010-06-28, 20:48   Link #395
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

She "borrowed" it from the Archery Club.

Old 2010-06-28, 21:20   Link #396
NeoDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark998 View Post

The problem isn't that 15+ characters didn't get explained, its that none of the characters, save yuri, Hinata, Yui, and Iwasawa had their characters explained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadlessPony View Post
Oh my gooood. This ending was hhhhhooorriiiible.

Yuri: Oh hai guyz. I'm going to act completely different from how I normally act because of bad script!

Otonashi: That's fine. :3

Yuri: By the way....Where in the world are all of our friends?

Otonashi: Oh. They disappeared! ^____^

Yuri: That's wonderful!! They sucked! ^______^

Kanade: You sure said it, Yuri! I'm going to act different too! Lets be friendz!! ^_____^

Yuri: You're a sister to me. :: disappears ::

Hinata: Oh you guyz! It was so good, the time spent with all of you! ^______^
::disappears ::

Naoi: YUPPERS. Otonashi-kun, I love y--::disappears ::

Otonashi: Whhhhatever. Now it's just you and me, Kanade! I love you.

Kanade: Wha....Where did that come from?

Otonashi: Bad scripting. But never mind that, lets be together.
I think its more of a return to a relaxed state, now that she isn't fighting she isn't so uptight.

Besides, the Yui x Hinata was also rushed, and in a 13 episode series, this is to be expected.
Old 2010-06-28, 21:30   Link #397
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for spoiler:

yurippe sure look cute in the bed scene and it is funny how she said to kanade why are you always bullying me
Old 2010-06-28, 21:49   Link #398
Liddo-kun
is this so?

I like how it all turned out.
It's a happy ending after all.

*nearly cried while watching the scene where Otonashi hugs Kanade

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2010-06-28 at 22:28.
Old 2010-06-28, 23:10   Link #399
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Oh wow. Did you even read the thread? Are you telling me that is was my mistake as well that the content was crammed inside of 13 episode instead of 26 which would easily been possible? If you are answering to posts make sure you are hitting the point, which is not the complaint about 15+ characters being explained in 13 episodes but the complaint that the story was crammed into way too few episodes which left several holes in the story that were never explained.
My post was directed only towards those complaining that "X" side character didn't get his/her own episode or not enough screentime. There are a lot of similar comments across the thread.

Wanting 26 episodes instead of 13 to flesh out better the arcs (Naoi, Hinata and Yui, Programmer), that's ok.
Old 2010-06-29, 00:10   Link #400
newbie461

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Well I guess my wall of text on page 18 was ignored ;^;

It's not your mistake that the characters were not explained, but it is your mistake to think that they could have done 26 episodes. If they could have done 26 episodes, I'm pretty sure they would have. Look at Kanon and Clannad. They even did remakes. If they could have done more episodes, they most likely would have. Be it financial problems or lack of story (this is based off a one volume light novel mind you, little room to work with), there are reasons why they did not do more. Luckily they explained the main characters and a few side characters. Main: Otanashi, Kanade (somewhat), Yurippe. Sides: Hinata, Yui, Iwasawa. Did I miss any? >_>
Closed Thread