AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-05-15, 07:18   Link #421
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily. It's only when the REST of the girls are there...
Old 2011-05-15, 07:24   Link #422
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily. It's only when the REST of the girls are there...
i remember ichika describing her somewhere in the novels as being the scariest when angry
Old 2011-05-15, 08:00   Link #423
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well then, don't make her angry! At least your survival rate with Charu is a LOT higher than it would be with most of the other girls--where personality is concerned.

Firepower-wise, however...I don't think we've seen EVERYTHING that Rafale Revive Custom II's carrying.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:06   Link #424
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Firepower-wise, however...I don't think we've seen EVERYTHING that Rafale Revive Custom II's carrying.
are you waiting for her to call out an entire tank?
Old 2011-05-15, 08:20   Link #425
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Box View Post
are you waiting for her to call out an entire tank?
- [sarcasm]No, I'll use my immense charm to defuse the situation, seeing that I have a high enough Paragon score.[/sarcasm]

Short answer: I'd REALLY like to know what I'm dealing with before confronting it. Do remember that among the girls, the only one Ichika has duelled against in an IS and WON over him was Charu. And she wasn't even going all-out. True she's not the most technologically advanced or powerful IS, but she's go the skills (and firepower) to even that out.

And with <Rapid Switch>, she's quite capable of switching weapons types (and thus range effectiveness) on the fly.
Old 2011-05-15, 08:26   Link #426
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Short answer: I'd REALLY like to know what I'm dealing with before confronting it.
you will never know what the charlol pops out of her magic hat next
Old 2011-05-15, 08:37   Link #427
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, I do have a basic gist of the (listed) weapons on Charu's IS. Although they label the Vent an "Assault Rifle", it's more of a Battle Rifle--i.e. high powered fast firing but not full-auto, intended for fights with considerable range but not quite sniping range. Obviously not as long-ranged or powerful as <Blue Tears> sniping cannon, bu the Vent rifle is smaller and more flexible at closer ranges.

And the <Rain of Saturday> shotguns pack quite a punch at mid-close range (as we've seen them take out Houki). <Gray Scale> proved itself pretty impressive in Charu's use of it.

This is where it gets fuzzy. I had to rewatch Ep8 again to see the <Bread Slicer> knife. I don't think the P90-lookalike SMGs were named, and I don't see the <Garm> cannon anywhere. I think they might have mentioned them in the LNs, but definitely not seen in the TV anime.

...unless the TV anime people have messed up, and the <Garm> is the Battle Rifle and the <Vent> are the P90-SMG types...

I don't believe it, I'm actually talking about weapons tech in a character thread and it's STILL on-topic...
Old 2011-05-15, 09:03   Link #428
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Well, I do have a basic gist of the (listed) weapons on Charu's IS. Although they label the Vent an "Assault Rifle", it's more of a Battle Rifle--i.e. high powered fast firing but not full-auto, intended for fights with considerable range but not quite sniping range. Obviously not as long-ranged or powerful as <Blue Tears> sniping cannon, bu the Vent rifle is smaller and more flexible at closer ranges.

And the <Rain of Saturday> shotguns pack quite a punch at mid-close range (as we've seen them take out Houki). <Gray Scale> proved itself pretty impressive in Charu's use of it.

This is where it gets fuzzy. I had to rewatch Ep8 again to see the <Bread Slicer> knife. I don't think the P90-lookalike SMGs were named, and I don't see the <Garm> cannon anywhere. I think they might have mentioned them in the LNs, but definitely not seen in the TV anime.

...unless the TV anime people have messed up, and the <Garm> is the Battle Rifle and the <Vent> are the P90-SMG types...

I don't believe it, I'm actually talking about weapons tech in a character thread and it's STILL on-topic...
i wonder if the wiki's weapon list is complete

hhhmmm, if i recall correctly, the wiki lists about, say...20 weapons?

can anyone confirm the actual weapon count?
Old 2011-05-15, 09:07   Link #429
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

20 bus slots, not weapons. We don't necessarily know if all of them are filled. Not to mention we can't assume that 1 bus slot = 1 weapon. Big weapons may take up more bus slots.

Has the LN actually mentioned the relationship between weaponry and bus slots?
Old 2011-05-22, 22:12   Link #430
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Oh, I nearly forgot about the weapon slots. Reminds me of Mechwarrior and it's different hardpoints for a mech. Omni hardpoints ftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk
I seem to think that Charu being violent towards Ichika is more about her being swept up in the rest of the harem's antics. Left alone by herself, she cools down from being angry at him pretty easily
I'm not so sure, her frustrations towards his obliviousness were building up pretty quickly, eventually her violent actions were going to happen. Episode 09 showed that quite well. Think of it another way: the end of episode 12 was practically the first time she's seen him alone with another girl ever since she went Full Girl
Old 2011-05-22, 22:24   Link #431
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
since she went Full Girl
oh god, that sounds so wrong
Old 2011-05-22, 22:34   Link #432
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I'm not so sure, her frustrations towards his obliviousness were building up pretty quickly, eventually her violent actions were going to happen.
- ...I keep forgetting that most of us guys would have already gotten the first two VERY STRONG hints you'd get from Charu. Not Ichika, though...
Old 2011-05-22, 22:59   Link #433
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
- ...I keep forgetting that most of us guys would have already gotten the first two VERY STRONG hints you'd get from Charu. Not Ichika, though...
heck, by that time i'd already be with someone, harem would be impossible for an ordinary guy

unless...you do it on purpose
Old 2011-05-22, 23:37   Link #434
mangatron

And that's why it's Ichi's fault for the behavior of the girls

Quote:
oh god, that sounds so wrong
How else am I supposed to say it "The reverse trap was... reversed."? I'd have to say "Full Girl" sounds, appropriate, considering she left her hairstyle largely unchanged in both gender modes, as well as.... still with the tennis shoes *runs*
Old 2011-05-22, 23:40   Link #435
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
still with the tennis shoes
tennis shoes? really?

the only footwear i've paid much attention to is well, ling's
Old 2011-05-22, 23:53   Link #436
mangatron

Quote:
tennis shoes? really?

the only footwear i've paid much attention to is well, ling's
Seriously, she's wearing something like sneakers, I just call it tennis shoes because her appearance (tennis shoes, low cut socks and bare legs) make her look like a tennis player

and Ling clearly wins the footwear contest
Old 2011-05-23, 00:07   Link #437
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Didn't really notice the shoes thing. I don't have a foot fetish

Actually, assuming Charu--or any of Ichika's harem for that matter--were in love with someone else, what are the chances they'd even get this violent?
Old 2011-05-23, 00:16   Link #438
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Actually, assuming Charu--or any of Ichika's harem for that matter--were in love with someone else, what are the chances they'd even get this violent?
OVER 9000!!!!!!!

i guess it depends on the guy...you know, idiocy levels and all

Quote:
and Ling clearly wins the footwear contest
definitely
Old 2011-05-23, 00:37   Link #439
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
Didn't really notice the shoes thing. I don't have a foot fetish
I-it's not like I have a foot fetish, it's just the legs, Shirley definitely provides the bare legs service for this series

Quote:
Oh I don't think they'd get violent. Let's use Dan the Ran-niichan as an example, he's clearly aware of a girls' advances, and you'd think a guy with a sister obviously makes it easier for him, but Ichi has a sister too so Dan is way more aware of a girls' feelings than Ichi
Old 2011-05-23, 03:04   Link #440
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

...if you put it that way. Doesn't stop Dan being mauled by his sister, though.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters