Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-02-09, 01:33   Link #61
gundam na jutso

Quote:
Originally Posted by davFunereal
Yes, but I don't think they need to continue it. There was so much closure at the end that they might not mean to.

The "North Star Cup" preliminaries that the 2004 Special was based around decided the Japanese team members; that's all. The Cup is in April according to Waya. You're right. They could easily keep it going.
when it come to great anime i dont think you can ever have enoguh closeuier.

kind of like tenchi there al was comeing up with side series and movies and othe parts of the story.
Old 2004-02-09, 01:55   Link #62
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
It's not good to try to drag the story even if it's popular.

Witness what happened to Dragonball Z (the Buu saga borders on ridiculous) and Yuu Yuu Hakusho (the Makai saga is quite lame and I don't like what Togashi did to Yuusuke.). There are more examples but these are the two off the top of my head.

I'd like to add Initial-D to the list above, but it's not finished yet. Even so, I feel the Project D saga has lost its initial touch (pun intended) .

Back on topic, I think Hikaru no Go stopped too early. There's so much more room to explore. It's sad to say goodbye.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-02-11, 02:26   Link #63
gundam na jutso

so what yuor sayin that choud pull a few eps out of it.

just dont turn it in to a power rangers and come out with a new one every 3 of 4 day

dame i hate power rangers i wish thayed kill of that show all ready
Old 2004-02-11, 06:18   Link #64
bluemist
i am the mist

I think the animators are following the manga pretty faithfully. Don't worry about story dragging, because whatever story is left in the manga, they will animate accordingly. Besides, the manga is over already and so there is no need for stretch or filler stuff.

A big victim of the stretching is currently Prince of Tennis. The anime has so many filler eps and arcs because they caught up with the manga already.
Old 2004-02-11, 10:29   Link #65
TangentZ
神の一手

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
A big victim of the stretching is currently Prince of Tennis. The anime has so many filler eps and arcs because they caught up with the manga already.
I totally agree with this! The eps from 99 to 114 (I think) are all fillers before the Rikkaidai ( 立海大 ) matches.

The whole Jousei Shounan ( 城西湘南 ) arc is made up for anime.
Old 2004-02-11, 14:32   Link #66
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
classic example of this is the venerable DragonBall Z.... same thing happened. A LOT.

HxH ran the risk of this, but took the high road and waited for the manga to get ahead again, preserving the pacing at the cost of continuity. Good because it means the series is still fun to watch. Bad because it means people have to backburner the series for a long time before getting another quick fix of it. But I think they also made up for it with increased production values in the ovas (better art, more consistent work, more polished retelling of the story).
Old 2004-02-11, 17:13   Link #67
gundam na jutso

cant the anime take a side step from the manga why does it have to be based on the manga cant it be its own thing
Old 2004-02-11, 18:23   Link #68
TangentZ
神の一手

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam na jutso
cant the anime take a side step from the manga why does it have to be based on the manga cant it be its own thing
Sure they can. Those episodes are called "fillers".

An anime series does not have to be based on manga. It can be totally original.

But if it began as an animated version of a manga series, it better stays close to it, or all hell breaks loose.
Old 2004-02-11, 22:56   Link #69
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TangentZ
Sure they can. Those episodes are called "fillers".

An anime series does not have to be based on manga. It can be totally original.

But if it began as an animated version of a manga series, it better stays close to it, or all hell breaks loose.
there is anime out there that starts in manga and deviates. Berserk comes to mind.

The problem is that unresolvable disparities between the series and the manga develop. "this character was key in the manga, but he's not even IN the anime and the plot can't progress without his contribution to it" sort of stuff.

Generally there are 3 ways to approach anime. (1) follow the manga. (2) start from manga and break from it. (3) start from scratch. (1) gives you continuity and hopefully with a good mangaka a good storyline. (2) gives you risks of plotholes, slow or no plot progression, and can make things get really old really fast. (3) lets you do whatever you want, but you have to take the creative burden entirely upon yourself, which makes it a huge undertaking.

There is anime based on all 3 approaches, and some of it is good and some of it is bad, but it's by far easier to make series based on manga. Of course, since manga has a lower production cost than anime and can serve both as a measure of marketability and as a promotion for animated versions .... if you're gonna come up with an idea from scratch it could still be a good idea to send it through the manga publishing process before making an anime out of it...
Old 2004-02-11, 23:18   Link #70
chamelean75

I just watched the Hikaru No Go special 2004. I still want to see more, even beyond the manga because it seems like the story has just begun, I mean Hikaru is actually strong now which is where it's suppose to become good. Anyways, there's a lot that can be done. I don't think a second season is out of the running, I just find it improbable.
Old 2004-02-12, 01:17   Link #71
gundam na jutso

there are a few things i dont like if thay follow the manga. one is that you dead set the anime in stone and cant really add new parts in to the story [or plot if you whant. if you follow the manga you also have a dead set amount of episodes you can have. still if you follow it on its own you do get episode that are redundent. even after that i think its better to stray off the manga path when the anime needs to grow further in the futur of a story
Old 2004-02-18, 16:28   Link #72
kool_dudy

Are there any announcements about new HnG episodes?

There seems to be something on HnG's official website yet I can't read japanese so I don't have a clue what its talking about.
Old 2004-02-18, 16:40   Link #73
TangentZ
神の一手

Nah, the Official Web Site doesn't have anything on a new special.
Old 2004-02-23, 03:43   Link #74
gundam na jutso

even if thay dont goty now pland now there must be one later i cant sleep until i see it
Old 2004-02-23, 22:22   Link #75
luniz

I don't see why they couldn't at least have another dozen episodes. Between the tournament, Hikaru going to high school, and guys like Waya or Occhi they have plenty of subjects. I really liked that scene in the special with Hikaru's teacher commenting on the fan. I guess the manga will be available in English eventually huh?
Old 2004-02-23, 23:21   Link #76
TangentZ
神の一手

Quote:
Originally Posted by luniz
I guess the manga will be available in English eventually huh?
It's already being serialized in the English version of Shonen Jump, starting from the January 2004 edition.
Old 2004-06-16, 15:42   Link #77
gundam na jutso

why did thay stop the anime when it was at the top of its game eatch ep. was more ans more exciting than the last.
Old 2004-06-16, 18:03   Link #78
hawick

i definitely want another season of HnG. But i don't want them to show Hikaru's fuute....>_< Just think about Sai, he'll be gone( oh wait he's already gone.)

I think theys hould continue what they left in the anime. i wanna see mroe action and they should make Sai back! He's the shining light of the anime.
Old 2004-06-17, 01:53   Link #79
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by gundam na jutso
there are a few things i dont like if thay follow the manga. one is that you dead set the anime in stone and cant really add new parts in to the story [or plot if you whant. if you follow the manga you also have a dead set amount of episodes you can have. still if you follow it on its own you do get episode that are redundent. even after that i think its better to stray off the manga path when the anime needs to grow further in the futur of a story
I for one would never watch an episode of Hikaru no Go if the mangaka wasn't behind the story. I hate it when animes screw up mangas and thankfully Hikaru no Go is one of the few that were spared. I say finish with the Hokuto specials and then end it for good. Unless the manga would actually continue, but I don't really see any need.
Old 2004-08-31, 01:41   Link #80
Otakukid

Hikaru no go.

was wondering if they ever made another series past the first 75 that you can download from the site. and if so, whats the series called? and where can i find it. thanx

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2004-08-31 at 02:28. Reason: Threads Merged
Closed Thread