AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-28, 10:41   Link #861
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
I don't buy the DoD sent the fake claymores to undermine the public confidence of the org thing. The org could care less of public confidence; those people are not but yoma food anyway.
Old 2009-01-28, 10:47   Link #862
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
cheers rukori,

i'm sure that means junova will soon chip in and others with translations.

What i meant was ignoring what slots were open (the attrition rate is awful enough, nearly every experienced claymore before Clare's time dies, or at least the majority does) if the only thing that graduation looks for is who survives as being capable sensors, then the other claymore trainee gets in free, because of Clare's kill. And having more yoma energy is ranked higher, than Clare who actually did all the fighting. Worst case scenario they just killed her, though i doubt Clare would be happy with that.
I think the org monitors the performance much closer than that, especially if Galatea was around, though she wouldn't be happy with the test either. But I don't think that the org needed to fill the ranks. In Teresa's time, they had two candidates for #1 while Teresa was active -- Priscilla, and Alicia and Beth. I think that group were just candidates for position #47. That is Yagi style too -- to make us think someone is more powerful or weaker than they actually are -- where you have the person who bullied Clare that seemed strong to actually turn out to be a weakling.

Edit:

Also remember, Clare is the youngest of the ghost, meaning that they had already filled the ranks.
Old 2009-01-28, 11:33   Link #863
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

Clare is the youngest of the survivors sent to Pieta, who were predominantly expendable, rebellious and/or troublesome claymores, a few 40 something ranks were never revealed despite probably being expendable. Clare was probably the youngest in Pieta full stop, she got in that much trouble, most other newbies wouldn't be anywhere near that boat.#33,#34,#38,#42,#45 and #46 of Clare's time were never revealed or at Pieta, also all were unlikely to have been on any ab hunts and therefore not casualties amongst Eva's or Jeans team. Yuma who is at least older than Clare (has been a claymore longer) was #40 and had a lot less experience than Clare.

Also Galatea said the replacements for some of those lost in Pieta were already filling out the ranks despite most of the rank holders still being alive at the time.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-01-28, 12:15   Link #864
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
I think the org monitors the performance much closer than that, especially if Galatea was around, though she wouldn't be happy with the test either. But I don't think that the org needed to fill the ranks. In Teresa's time, they had two candidates for #1 while Teresa was active -- Priscilla, and Alicia and Beth. I think that group were just candidates for position #47. That is Yagi style too -- to make us think someone is more powerful or weaker than they actually are -- where you have the person who bullied Clare that seemed strong to actually turn out to be a weakling.

Edit:

Also remember, Clare is the youngest of the ghost, meaning that they had already filled the ranks.
An organization like the one that produces claymore would need a fairly steady influx of new recruits to fill the places of those killed in combat, and I get the feeling from reading the manga that the lower the rank the faster the claymores need to be replaced

I think if there training methods are even remotely normal they'd group people together by roughly the same abilities so my guess is that Claire's group was intended to replace 30-47 ranked casualties, I highly doubt they'd train 10+ claymores just to fill one spot thats a very time consuming and expensive way of doing things and they'd also be the problem of obtaining enough female orphans to fuel that kind of failure rate.

As for the test itself I don't think that was to test there actually combat or yoki strength because the org trainers more than likely already roughly know each of the trainees strength before the test even begun, I think the test was to test how they'd react to proper combat and weed out those who don't have the mental and physical strength to make it in the real world.
Old 2009-01-28, 12:21   Link #865
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Those MiBs do look like dirty old men, bug geez what bad taste... I think Undine is the queen of the dead zombified strippers *imagines Rubel's glasses fog up as he stuff a $100 into the ZACS's daisy dukes.*

Spoiler for month old spoiler:
Do not say that. Not even if you are only kidding. We don't need to see an zombified Undine
Old 2009-01-28, 12:38   Link #866
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
An organization like the one that produces claymore would need a fairly steady influx of new recruits to fill the places of those killed in combat, and I get the feeling from reading the manga that the lower the rank the faster the claymores need to be replaced

I think if there training methods are even remotely normal they'd group people together by roughly the same abilities so my guess is that Claire's group was intended to replace 30-47 ranked casualties, I highly doubt they'd train 10+ claymores just to fill one spot thats a very time consuming and expensive way of doing things and they'd also be the problem of obtaining enough female orphans to fuel that kind of failure rate.

As for the test itself I don't think that was to test there actually combat or yoki strength because the org trainers more than likely already roughly know each of the trainees strength before the test even begun, I think the test was to test how they'd react to proper combat and weed out those who don't have the mental and physical strength to make it in the real world.
I don't think the unnamed Trainee had the mental and physical strength to make it in the Claymoreverse I agree that the org needs an influx of new recruits, and I think under usual circumstances the org has groups of trainees under training for each tier. I think that tier was 40-47, because those trainees were too weak to even be in the 30's. And that very test showed that the org was willing to sacrifice all of them to find someone to fill position #47. I do agree that the 40's die off fairly quickly, so the org would need a lot of replacements there. I somehow don't see two spots being open at the same time being likely, even if it is the 40's. I think Clare proved that she was more worthy for spot #47 not just by performance, but it also seems like the physically stronger warrior -- still pathetic compared to the average claymore -- had pretty much given up. There two posibilities as far as I see, 1) Clare graduated to #47, the unnamed warrior continued her training to become a Claymore or 2) The Org killed off the failure. I just don't see the org being that stupid as to promoting her to a position higher than Clare's when she's not even Claymore worthy.
Old 2009-01-28, 12:39   Link #867
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB View Post
Do not say that. Not even if you are only kidding. We don't need to see an zombified Undine
If that picture from the image thread shows up in the Manga, I'm done reading it.
Old 2009-01-28, 13:01   Link #868
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
If that picture from the image thread shows up in the Manga, I'm done reading it.
Yagi wouldn't do such an evil thing to his faithfull readers would he...?
Old 2009-01-28, 13:04   Link #869
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
What if the Manga ended with a Zombie Striptease?
Old 2009-01-28, 13:08   Link #870
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Don't think he would @JB.
Old 2009-01-28, 13:32   Link #871
Wiggle wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJB
Oh yes he would.

Spoiler for rebuttal:
Old 2009-01-28, 13:41   Link #872
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
Oh yes he would.

Spoiler for rebuttal:
Now that was evil.
Old 2009-01-28, 13:52   Link #873
Wiggle wyrm

Bwahahahha!
Old 2009-01-28, 13:52   Link #874
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

aaahhh my eeyyeess curiosity got the better of me, and i usually avoid the image thread so i don't get exposed to that sort of thing.

Old 2009-01-28, 13:55   Link #875
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Speculator View Post
aaahhh my eeyyeess curiosity got the better of me, and i usually avoid the image thread so i don't get exposed to that sort of thing.
While bad, it's not as bad as the pic that shall not be mentioned!
Old 2009-01-28, 14:08   Link #876
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

i don't want to know... please i could do without trauma, especially if it's as bad as the fat naked woman avatar someone had which i swear made my eyes bleed.

Old 2009-01-28, 15:09   Link #877
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
Oh yes he would.

Spoiler for rebuttal:
Stupid Rachel...can't see...Audrey...

ps: I would prefer a Ghosts striptease but...

I think you're scarred for life gangsta, you don't stop talking about the pic that shall not be named. The one where Undine is all sweated and his licking herself...
Old 2009-01-28, 15:57   Link #878
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Quote:
Stupid Rachel...can't see...Audrey...

ps: I would prefer a Ghosts striptease but...

I think you're scarred for life gangsta, you don't stop talking about the pic that shall not be named. The one where Undine is all sweated and his licking herself...
That would have been fine if she had been in her true form. Undine is cute in her true form.
Old 2009-01-28, 16:31   Link #879
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

*shakes from mental trauma*

oh for gods sake put that in tags please.... i said i didn't want to know and now i've got mental imagery....

Old 2009-01-28, 17:18   Link #880
Aquillion

Quote:
Well I'm still inclined to believe that those trainees were all very weak and only forty-something material. Even if they were mislead, it seems somewhat pathetic that one yoma was able to wipe out all but two and it would've been all but one if Clare didn't have a kind side. It seems very likely that only the 47th spot was open at the time -- a previous #47 probably dying -- and Clare got that spot. Surely they wouldn't give the other trainee who performed worse than Clare a higher ranking than Clare. If she were to get a ranking, logically it should be lower than Clares, but in this case, it can't be lower than Clare's since Clare is the lowest of the low.
We're making some assumptions here, though. We don't really know how Claymores are ranked, after all. The criteria could include some quantifiable measurement of Yoki that damned Clare to the lowest rank regardless of how she did on the test; the other, in this scenario, could've gotten a higher rank for surviving. Yeah, it's not fair, but the Org doesn't care about fair (and likely doesn't even particularly care about effectiveness at fighting Yoma, either.) What they care about is producing their precious perfect Awakened soldier formula -- Clare's personal attributes, aside from her Yoki and any ability to awaken while controlled (which certainly wasn't visible then), are likely things the Org couldn't care less about.

I mean, look at the current #1 and #2. They have no personality at all. That is what the Org would see as ideal in a high-ranking Claymore, if they could get whatever they want. In fact, the initiative Clare showed in the test might be worse than something the Org couldn't care less about; to them, it might even have been a bad thing, not a good thing. They don't really care whether or not Clare is good at killing Yoma. They want Claymores who will do what they're told so they can collect the necessary testing data. Killing Yoma was never the point in the first place.

Another issue that may be relevant: At least at some point, Clare fell under Rubel's authority. If she was already under his authority at the point of the test, even the Org's limited and questionable criteria for ranking Claymores may have become irrelevant, because (as we now know) Rubel was a traitor. If he was the one who made the final decision about Clare's rank, there's no reason why his decision would have to have anything to do with reality at all, as long as he can at least basically justify it to the others in the Org. In other words, if he thought that there was anything special about Clare, he might have deliberately given her the lowest rank to avoid attracting attention to her (although, granted, from what we saw she didn't deserve a high rank at the start of the series by any criteria -- in the only major plot arc we saw before she partially awakened, she almost got pwned by a generic Yoma in Rabona, after all.)

Also, we don't know that people become Claymores immediately after the test, do we? They could go into a waiting pool for the next available opening at the generally correct rank.
Closed Thread