AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-03, 22:40   Link #221
Newhope

I think someone said earlier its like ants against something much bigger hundreds of the ants will die but sooner or later the ants win.

He hasn't been fighting the AEs for a few months he's been hounded by them for close to 7 years at frist he more than likely beat them no trouble at all but slowly but surely they ground him down to a shadow of his former self.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:40   Link #222
Wiggle wyrm

Yes Isley started out with an advantage, but little by little it ran out. After each battle some of the AE would escape. And then come back at full strength and better than before. Considering that half of the South was destroyed in this protracted game of cat-and-mouse is testament to Isley’s power. The thing of it is that Isley has to win every time. The AE’s only have to win once.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:41   Link #223
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

To add on to iLney, between writing and drawing, I personally take writing any day. If a mangaka was to sacrifice quality of writing for drawing, I think it's pretty sad.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:41   Link #224
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by theevilanimal View Post
i suggest you bleach for nicely drawn character with coherent lines and such.
Okay Bleach doesn't count. Story just sucks balls. Kubo Tite is literally stalling in his chapters. Don't know if you guys read or not but you might know what I mean. Naruto has picked up TREMENDOUSLY and is getting really good. One Piece on the other is just plain kick ass. Good cliffhanger at end and good chapter each time too.

A month to draw 39 pgs? Nah. 2 weeks should be good.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:46   Link #225
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

On Bleach, the implications of the latest chapters are quite significant. It's just that by setting up multiple fronts, KT is now going to get bombarded by sections of fans who want to see "their" fight drawn.

Multiple fronts in Claymore are present if you keep the entire story plot at the back of your mind everytime you read a new chapter.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:47   Link #226
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggle wyrm View Post
Yes Isley started out with an advantage, but little by little it ran out. After each battle some of the AE would escape. And then come back at full strength and better than before. Considering that half of the South was destroyed in this protracted game of cat-and-mouse is testament to Isley’s power. The thing of it is that Isley has to win every time. The AE’s only have to win once.
How does he lose that advantage? How do the zombies get better? In what way are they able to surpass Isley while Isley stagnates in his ability to deal with them?

It's like the argument that Priscilla will get infinitely better while Teresa can't. That's dumb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLney View Post
[snip]
I can't tell whether you respond w/sarcasm to my point, but regardless you reinforce that this series had been getting us to swallow some incredible things for a long time. I should have stopped reading it ever since Teresa died. I kept reading thinking that she'd be vindicated. Well, it's taking so long that I'm losing interest with every chapter.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:49   Link #227
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by khryoleoz View Post
How does he lose that advantage? How do the zombies get better? In what way are they able to surpass Isley while Isley stagnates in his ability to deal with them?
They may not be better but they have an advantage. Isley can't hide as they WIL track him eventually and because of that Isley hasn't been able to heal completely.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:50   Link #228
Double_friedman

Well, maybe Isley knew Alicia was very powerful to defy her by himself. Besides if the org had other strong claymores, they could awaken and attack Isley and defeat him. It's not that easy to go there and attack the org.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:50   Link #229
Vinak
Procrastinator

I always thought Clare would be the only one capable of fully awakening without losing herself. But if this humanity theme continues, then perhaps Clare will end up losing her humanity in the end.

She somewhat lacks a personality, but she is rather selfless when it comes to protecting humans or other warriors.

perhaps this selflessness of hers will ultimately lead to her fully awakening and losing all of her humanity.

Raki will have to come in and somehow fulfill his desire to "protect" her at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_friedman View Post
Well, maybe Isley knew Alicia was very powerful to defy her by himself. Besides if the org had other strong claymores, they could awaken and attack Isley and defeat him. It's not that easy to go there and attack the org.
Uhm....?
he had 17 warriors killed in a single night.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:50   Link #230
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

So they are continuously making AEs.... And they hunt by smell... I'm thinking that the "little monster" Miata may be an AE that isn't a success. Perhaps she has a stronger will that keeps her from going zombie.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:52   Link #231
Newhope

Quote:

It's like argument that Priscilla will get infinitely better while Teresa can't? That's dumb.

I can't tell whether you respond w/sarcasm to my point, but regardless you reinforce that this series had been getting us to swallow some incredible things for a long time. I should have stopped reading it ever since Teresa died. I kept reading thinking that she'd be vindicated. Well, it's taking so long that I'm losing interest with every chapter.
Isley clearly states that hitting there heads was getting harder in his words "It's not as easy to smash there heads as it used to be either"
Old 2009-03-03, 22:53   Link #232
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
I smelled the faint scent of an Ass Pull from quite some time ago. I'm glad that I'm not the only one with such thoughts.
Old 2009-03-03, 22:56   Link #233
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
So they are continuously making AEs.... And they hunt by smell... I'm thinking that the "little monster" Miata may be an AE that isn't a success. Perhaps she has a stronger will that keeps her from going zombie.
that is not possible.

human/AB hybrids have an insatiable appetite for flesh. Miata simply does not share that trait
Old 2009-03-03, 22:58   Link #234
Freya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post
that is not possible.

human/AB hybrids have an unsationable appetite for flesh. Miata simply does not share that trait
She's just a regular child Claymore that is just like Pricilla. Very child like.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:00   Link #235
Vinak
Procrastinator

in an earlier post. i speculated that Miata was a test subject for mind conditioning.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:01   Link #236
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

wow, great chapter. I still don't know how Helen and Deneven are going to find Clare, but lots of question answered.

I don't think Riful will die, she way more observant than Isley.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:01   Link #237
Double_friedman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
Isley clearly states that hitting there heads was getting harder in his words "It's not as easy to smash there heads as it used to be either"
You're right, we can see the learning process when Isley hurled his sword to the Abissal eater, she evaded the attack, so she clearly learnt it from their past battles.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:02   Link #238
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Anyone notice the great mastermind Ruble, trying to get Clare killed?
Old 2009-03-03, 23:13   Link #239
Soujoricho_clariveL
Clarivel

I find it very funny on people getting dissapointed on how Easly have died. IF YOU HAVE READ THE RECENT CHAPTER THOUROUGHLY, it was clear that Easley was already at his disadvantage during the recent fight:

1. He wasn't finished healing his wounds until Helen and Deneve arrived, as well as the AEs.
2. As stated by Deitrich there seem a sharing mechanism (for experiences) with these zombies. Thus making them harder to kill as time goes by.
3. The gap between the last fight of Easly and AEs and the recent ones was SHORT.
4. Even though Easly is strong he doesn't have endless youki in him unlike Priscilla thus making this fight really difficult for him.
5. Finally, if you all wondered what Easly was doing for the past 7 years, just read HIS LAST WORDS.
Old 2009-03-03, 23:17   Link #240
Wiggle wyrm

Quote:
Anyone notice the great mastermind Ruble, trying to get Clare killed?
Really? I thought he was protecting them by deflecting attention away from “unknown parties,” and setting them up for failure with an impossible goal. You have to realize that because he’s a spy, he needs to keep up a decent façade, it also looks like he didn’t know about Isley’s death.
Closed Thread