AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-05, 14:50   Link #441
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
BTW, the boat thing is a terrible idea, not sensible. What I mean is, Isley is on a boat in the ocean... Well that's kind of like shooting fish in a barrel: you just sink the damn boat with Isley on it. :P
Old 2009-03-05, 14:52   Link #442
Vinak
Procrastinator

uhh, swim?
Old 2009-03-05, 14:54   Link #443
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
from the middle of the ocean? ZACS waiting at the shoreline?
Old 2009-03-05, 14:58   Link #444
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
And I don't read much manga but if anybody knows one in which the final boss is not the strongest, please tell me. Nobody likes weak bosses.
Well, the Major in Hellsing was the 'final boss' and I wouldn't say he was stronger than Anderson, the Captain or Walter C. Dorneaz. He just was the 'boss' among the bad guys, that's all.

Outside manga, final bosses in Metal Gear series are usually the weakest of all the bosses, but mainly cuz the strategy to take them down tends to be simple and direct compared to others.

I wouldn't complain about a 'final boss' weaker than previous dead 'bad guys' characters, at least in terms of brute strength. I just wanna see Duph die in quite a horrible, slow and painful way
Old 2009-03-05, 15:03   Link #445
Synyster

Ok you're right. But I looks slashed for me, not broken :/

About Riful, for some reason I believe that she'll ending joining forces with Claire & co. to defeat the org, those zombies are really troublesome and we don't really know how strong Alicia & Beth are after this 7 years. Not to mention that we already forgot about the beings at the other "island" lmao.

Anyway, I also think that the next chapter will be a Isley/Raki/Priscilla flashback for all of us who were Isley fans.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:05   Link #446
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
from the middle of the ocean? ZACS waiting at the shoreline?
ok. he'll just turn himself into a seahorse
Old 2009-03-05, 15:40   Link #447
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta View Post
Honestly, I think some people on here could be played quite easily by someone with Isley's manipulative skills, since many people on here didn't see the manipulation that was going on -- the ones he admitted to before dying.
If I were Priscilla, I would gladly accept to be manipulated by Isley. If he acts like he is subservient to me, if he risks his own life against Luciela and possibly others to save me from possible danger, if I have the option not to listen to him when he actually needs me, what's wrong with it? Isley was a bit naive for a manipulator.

Raki's moral dilemma is very interesting. He stayed with Isley even though he knew Isley ate people. Some of us was so sure Raki was better than that.

By the way, did anybody notice that the AEs at the top of page 6 regenerated? It seems a small bit (if any) of their torso is enough to regenerate.
Old 2009-03-05, 15:50   Link #448
Wiggle wyrm

But then what will the Abyssal Eaters turn themselves into?
Old 2009-03-05, 15:58   Link #449
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Well, the Major in Hellsing was the 'final boss' and I wouldn't say he was stronger than Anderson, the Captain or Walter C. Dorneaz. He just was the 'boss' among the bad guys, that's all.
Hellsing is a classic.
Spoiler for Don't read if you are planning to read Hellsing:
Old 2009-03-05, 16:08   Link #450
Wiggle wyrm

I have the feeling that Isley’s plans for conquest ended when he realized that Priscilla wouldn’t go for it. She seemed willing enough to play along when it came to returning home to the South and being “reunited with her family.” But I think that changed once she got what she wanted.

Speaking of which, I wonder how smart Priscilla really is. When she showed up in ES 3 she was totally out of it, but I have the feeling that she smarted up a bit by the time of the war in the north.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:18   Link #451
Viron

Quote:
Raki's moral dilemma is very interesting. He stayed with Isley even though he knew Isley ate people. Some of us was so sure Raki was better than that.
It's not sure that he knew about it while he stayed with Isley. Maybe Isley told him, before he left. All we know is that Priscilla never ate a human during the time with Raki. And Raki said he would try to stop her if she does. Same should be true with Isley. So Raki would be dead right now if he had seen Isley eating a human.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:21   Link #452
zato_1one

@Stream
I think AEs have internal Yoki but they don't emit it.

Quote:
If I were Priscilla, I would gladly accept to be manipulated by Isley. If he acts like he is subservient to me, if he risks his own life against Luciela and possibly others to save me from possible danger, if I have the option not to listen to him when he actually needs me, what's wrong with it? Isley was a bit naive for a manipulator.
He wanted to do that but he fall for her moe instead.

<Potential Spoiler> I think you may like Gantz too.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:26   Link #453
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
If you like Hellsing just because of that then I think you may like Gantz too.
Not only because of that, I like Alucard as a character.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:55   Link #454
khryoleoz
Power of 9 SoShi-ist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
AEs are gonna love Riful. So much to eat lol. Spaghetti?
Somehow, I get a different feeling when thinking about Riful being eaten.

Last edited by khryoleoz; 2009-03-05 at 17:07. Reason: Too NC-17. Dumbed it down to rated R.
Old 2009-03-05, 16:57   Link #455
hell88
Banned

Location: Canada, but sometimes in La La-Land hanging out with Midori-chan89
Somehow I get a different feeling too.

Last edited by hell88; 2009-03-05 at 17:19.
Old 2009-03-05, 18:55   Link #456
Ryuken
Claymore #01

Like @chiba said, I also desperately want to know weather the beautiful ladies did consume all of Isley.
Old 2009-03-05, 19:37   Link #457
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Soul View Post
Yagi just teased us with Alicia&Beth and if he turn now for a flashback will annoy some people even more.I think he should keep this for a extra-scene!

If Yagi indent to kill Riful i hope he get her a more "beautifull" one that he gived to Isley!Riful is the favorite Awakened Being of many people!For me also!I will get really mad if she end in the AE mouths.I hope that she will have another "comment" like she had with Jeane.Maybe see her shear a tear for Duffy!Unlike Isley i will really miss her if she die!
A fitting end for riful and dauff would probably that both sitting in a little boat escaping the island and like always dauff has to paddle
Old 2009-03-05, 20:01   Link #458
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
A fitting end for riful and dauff would probably that both sitting in a little boat escaping the island and like always dauff has to paddle
Riful will have a whip with her to lash at him to go faster when the org tries to catch up to them.
Old 2009-03-05, 20:02   Link #459
Methuselah
Payback is a b*t#8, huh?

I wonder how Raki will take it when he hears the news, especially in detail. Go raging for revenge perhaps we get to see a male "warrior" with the flesh of an Awakening One (Isley's flesh which is Raki's armor) Perfect!!!!!!! Now He just need someone to merge his flesh(armor) into him. That man in black maybe?
Old 2009-03-05, 20:06   Link #460
hell88
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
I wonder how Raki will take it when he hears the news, especially in detail. Go raging for revenge perhaps we get to see a male "warrior" with the flesh of an Awakening One (Isley's flesh which is Raki's armor) Perfect!!!!!!!
I hope Easley doesn't have himself somehow hidden in Raki. Now that you metioned that it makes me remember that one Naruto chapter of when Orochimaru came back from Sasuke's seal.(which was dumb to begin with) If something like that happens, I will hate Claymore! Or at least I would just hate that part.
Closed Thread