AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-28, 20:00   Link #1121
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
There is no reason to doubt what Irene is saying; take it as the author telling you something. I doubt that yoma are immortal; them like humans are lower life forms compared to Claymore. I guess the best way to think about it -- using what I think is a fictional example -- the dual liquid bomb in the third Die Hard movie. You had two liquids that were practically harmless by themselves, but if you ever mixed the two you had the perfect explosive mixture. Here you have the mixture of two probable mortal beings -- human and yoma -- creating an immortal being that is much more powerful than either, especially at its eventual awakened state. And yes the changes would be down to the DNA level, especially in the awakened stage, since Claymores are literally half-yoma that are undergoing a metamorphose into an awakened being that is neither human nor yoma. As for what could be the key for immortality: seemingly endless yoki.
Old 2009-03-28, 20:28   Link #1122
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Re-read volume 11 today, and an interesting bit of forshadowing was in it. Raphelia tells Isley that she'll devour every last bit of him. While it wasn't her who did the devouring, it did happen. Another potential bit was Rubel telling Galetea that it's after Beth pulls Alicia back that the sisters are most vulnerable.
Old 2009-03-28, 20:36   Link #1123
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
The claymore's human anatomy has to age unless whatever changes them into claymores is changing them at genetic and cellular level.
as the post after yours said, Irene explained that they age until 20 and then stop aging.

Irene was atleast 50 by the time Clare re-encountered her , now certainly she would of changed in looks alteast somehow but as Clare said she looks exactly the same (compared to around 15 years earlier).

Yagi has kept aging consistent with humans (Cid and Galk's appearance difference after 7 year time skip and even Raki) so no reason to doubt what Irene said.
Old 2009-03-28, 21:09   Link #1124
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Rubel doesn't age, but he's a DoD
Old 2009-03-29, 00:12   Link #1125
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youtuber View Post
The maturing factor is probably how the Claymore themselves change mentally over the years. Teresa and Irene look to be within the range of 25 to 30 years old.
Irene looked a bit like an elderly woman in my opinion.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-03-29, 00:14   Link #1126
dunames

u guys gonna have to define immortality. to me immortality is when u cant be kill or dont die at all. to me, just cause some1 is ageless dont mean they are immortal since they can be kill, they are just ageless.

as for Ophilia vs Galatea, if Ophilia even have a though of her able to stand a chance against Galatea, she would have challenge Galatea for the #3 spot already.

and pls dotn bring up Teresa vs Presy anymore, them 2 fought and we all know teh end result. a win is still a win no matter how dirty or what kind fo trick is use.
Old 2009-03-29, 01:19   Link #1127
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunames View Post
and pls dotn bring up Teresa vs Presy anymore, them 2 fought and we all know teh end result. a win is still a win no matter how dirty or what kind fo trick is use.
Us?!? Never! What kind of person would ever do such thing?

Besides, we got over that cowardly cheap shot that took out a clearly superior opponent long ago. We'd never dream of bringing the topic up anywhere since we are not allowed to have a thread for it. If you found the topic discussed before - say for example in the chapter 79, 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, and 89 threads as well as the Q & A, spoilers and speculation, and about a dozen other threads, you must have been imagining it. No one ever mentions the topic.

Last edited by Cyclone; 2009-03-29 at 03:09. Reason: spelling
Old 2009-03-29, 02:41   Link #1128
Sleepy Speculator
sleepy

<bangs head against wall>

The awful thing is that topic is in all those threads, and practically every other thread as well, you could start a new thread called 'Every claymore that wasn't Teresa or Priscilla' and the discussion would still turn up there.

Biki Biki Biki Biki... (raaarrrggghhh!!! i need some coffee!)
Old 2009-03-29, 03:20   Link #1129
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I don't know why no one EVER discusses the possible Galetea Twin from the Teresa Hunt. Sheesh.. talk about an ignored subject.

In fact, I speculate she was in this latest chapter... page 6, just off the right side edge of the 3rd panel. That's her. I know it is. What's she doing there ? Is she doing recon. Did she report Isley's demise ? I bet she did.
Old 2009-03-29, 03:22   Link #1130
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Wow, way to bring up a topic by saying don't bring up a topic and then interjecting your own views by saying a win is a win. Anyway, not only has that topic come up here, but basically the Claymore wikipedia entry is a stub because a Priscilla favoring mod didn't like the surprise attack bit in the article though it was fact and not opinion.
Old 2009-03-29, 14:17   Link #1131
Enara
Riful #1 fan + Browncoat

when is claymore chapter 90 coming out?
Old 2009-03-29, 19:12   Link #1132
MisterJB
Warden of the West

Am I the only one finding something unusual about Priscilla in the extra scene 3.

I mean, we can suposse that Priscilla cleaned the floor with Rigardo and Isley rigth after she killed Teresa. Like Isley said, Priscilla had just been in the north for a few days.

So how did Priscilla turned from an insidious demon who mocked Irene about her arm to a clueless child whose first tought when she saw Rigardo was if he was eatable.
Because of the Awakening? I don't think so, she seemed to enjoy it.

And this in the space of just a few days because Ophelia's town could have been one of the 4 that Priscilla destroyed in the North
Old 2009-03-29, 19:46   Link #1133
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

It's some psychological issue. She reverted back to a child at some point, and there is a possibility that she has more than one personality. But Priscilla is like Ophelia in that monsters was what she hated the most and she became the very thing she hated. Anyway, maybe we will get lucky and see some of what happened back then, like where she dropped her Claymore.
Old 2009-03-29, 23:43   Link #1134
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Come to think of it, no little girls got reflected in Priscilla's eyes. Could the organization have already known about Priscilla's capabilities? And was Priscilla really made to become an awakened being and not remain in her claymore state? Little girls who survive lose their families and get shipped off to the organization for experimentation. Looks like I found missing puzzle piece.

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-03-30, 00:18   Link #1135
Cyclone
Transient Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmoreDoll View Post
Come to think of it, no little girls got reflected in Priscilla's eyes. Could the organization have already known about Priscilla's capabilities? And was Priscilla really made to become an awakened being and not remain in her claymore state? Little girls who survive lose their families and get shipped off to the organization for experimentation. Looks like I found missing puzzle piece.
Well, since it seems the Organization has the ability to limit diet, it seems plausible that they'd purposefully instruct their creations to not consume little girls, but rather mostly just the parents of little girls.
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Pricilla's Papa was killed by Pricilla for that very reason too. If the villagers ever figured out this weakness, just imagine the youma hunting squads composed of 6-10 year old girls weilding axes and pitch forks and such.
Old 2009-03-30, 03:53   Link #1136
Wiggle wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
Well, since it seems the Organization has the ability to limit diet, it seems plausible that they'd purposefully instruct their creations to not consume little girls, but rather mostly just the parents of little girls.
Wouldn't it be ironic if the Pricilla's Papa was killed by Pricilla for that very reason too. If the villagers ever figured out this weakness, just imagine the youma hunting squads composed of 6-10 year old girls weilding axes and pitch forks and such.

I think it was a unique weakness that only Priscilla’s “Papa” had. She propably just inherited it when the Organization used Papa’s head, to turn Priscilla into a Claymore. Much like how Clare inherited Teresa’s abilities. It also explains why Priscilla went over 9000 when said things like “Papa help me” in her fight with Isley. Poor girl, no wonder why she’s such a basket case.
Old 2009-03-30, 05:07   Link #1137
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Some spoilers from Baidu, but they are almost impossible to understand.

Spoiler for Chapter 90:

Spoiler for Chapter 90:

Spoiler for Chapter 90:
Old 2009-03-30, 07:51   Link #1138
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureYoki View Post
Some spoilers from Baidu, but they are almost impossible to understand.
Just "almost"?
Old 2009-03-30, 07:53   Link #1139
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Bah! Just wait a few more days.
Old 2009-03-30, 08:57   Link #1140
iLney

The 1st spoiler must be true. It's full of win for me (with male pregnancy it becomes clear that Teresa is Rubel's daughter )
Closed Thread