AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-02, 22:16   Link #321
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by [thousandmaster] View Post
I agree. Teresa's death doesn't even come close.
I cry every time I read that chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
By the way why is Raki trasnalted as Lucky in the FH translation That's a really wiered translation
They were being smart asses.

Quote:
Oh and about Clare reverting back to normal I agree - isn't it because Prissy just cut her awakened limbs? I mean her "extra" arms and her legs are clearly cut off and we know Prissy is fast enough to do that without Clare even noticing (or we noticing) like with Irene and Beth.
Her legs reverted and she had no hand when she was transformed the page before.
Old 2010-02-02, 22:38   Link #322
rampantsmurf

I have been Scouring the forums for the past few chapters and decided i will finally post xD.

As stated before by numerous people, I also believe the scent Pris. Is referring to is that of Teresas. Pris can't make out this scent as due to Teresa being dead and Clare having her flesh implanted, the scent would be weaker than if was Teresa standing before her.

When Clare partially awakened and then as someone said ' Blood wings' appeared, i dont believe it was Priscilla whom stopped Clare from fully awakening, cuz if you look at it Clares awakening isnt from her back. Its from her limbs, so Priscilla would have to have cut off the extremities to stop her from awakening.

Also a few chapters back when Clare was reborn/dueled Rafaela on a subconscious level. I believe Rafaela gave Clare some Vital Memories into whom Teresa was and knowledge on other stuff.
As Teresa was a Trainee she ran off from the training camp, heading for the nearest town on numerous times. On one particular outing, Teresa located and read Rafaelas Youki and they both met and had a brief conversation. Perhaps Rafaela kept a close eye on Teresa, as she said that she was a special girl back then(my words) due to the fact she would roam through the forest inhabited my animals and youma etc.

~

Clares claymore is missing on the first page(cover?) all the swords are accounted for exept hers, and there are two warriors (that are shown)who do not have a clenched fist Helen? and cynthia?. Either way i believe this is just merely a stance.

~

The caption on the cover 'For whom... Are the soldiers fighting for?' I dont think has been discussed. I think that they are fighting for themselves and for the fellow claymores within the org.
Old 2010-02-02, 23:02   Link #323
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They were being smart asses.
Ahaa
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Her legs reverted and she had no hand when she was transformed the page before.
I don't think her legs reverted at least from what I'm seeing. They are just gone from the knee down. You can't bend your legs so much that the thigh completely covers everything else on both legs.
But you're right about the arm - it really did transform back from a completely awakened state. So her limbs weren't just cut off but something else happened as well, probably.

Might be something in the lines of Clare going berserk, trying to awaken, taking too much damage and as a result something or someone forced her to revert otherwise she would probably start regenarating thus consume alot of yoki (since she isn't normally good at regenarating) and thus will mean reaching her limit faster. Highly unlikely though.
Old 2010-02-02, 23:23   Link #324
Cheese Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
Ahaa

I don't think her legs reverted at least from what I'm seeing. They are just gone from the knee down. You can't bend your legs so much that the thigh completely covers everything else on both legs.
But you're right about the arm - it really did transform back from a completely awakened state. So her limbs weren't just cut off but something else happened as well, probably.

Might be something in the lines of Clare going berserk, trying to awaken, taking too much damage and as a result something or someone forced her to revert otherwise she would probably start regenarating thus consume alot of yoki (since she isn't normally good at regenarating) and thus will mean reaching her limit faster. Highly unlikely though.
I don't think her extra bits on her were taken off by Priscilla. There's nothing to indicate Priscilla did anything in the last few pages besides stand there. I'm not sure if Priscilla has even bothered healing herself from the bit of damage that Clare did before her awakened limbs reverted. I'm pretty sure Clare's legs are still there as well, as far as not being able to see below her knees, you can't see Helen's legs below her knees either with the way she's crouched on page 26? or 27?. Clare simply reverted back, much to her own surprise.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:10   Link #325
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Ninja View Post
I don't think her extra bits on her were taken off by Priscilla. There's nothing to indicate Priscilla did anything in the last few pages besides stand there. I'm not sure if Priscilla has even bothered healing herself from the bit of damage that Clare did before her awakened limbs reverted. I'm pretty sure Clare's legs are still there as well, as far as not being able to see below her knees, you can't see Helen's legs below her knees either with the way she's crouched on page 26? or 27?. Clare simply reverted back, much to her own surprise.
Again; Priscilla attacks so fast, you don't see them as anything as blurs. The second to last page being a prime example.

She regenerated her arm that was blown by the rod, but the limbs from Claire's rampage? Nah, we didn't see any healing yet, probably because it was at the very end of the chapter.

Then again, it is an interesting theory that if the damage Claire received at the end was not from Priscilla, but her own body. Sounds strange, but it may have occured when she was transforming back, almost like an added measure to keep her from trying again.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:23   Link #326
Mord

Has anyone considered that the Clare's Queen of Blades mode might be related to her failure to completely awaken?

If you look at when Katea or Priscilla awakened, it was when they had completely released their yoki that their entire bodies began to transform into their awakened forms. However if you look at when Clare lost control of her partial awakening in Pieta, while she was unable to control her limbs there doesn't seem to be any signs that the rest of her body was beginning to transform even though she had effectively lost control.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:31   Link #327
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Has anyone considered that the Clare's Queen of Blades mode might be related to her failure to completely awaken?

If you look at when Katea or Priscilla awakened, it was when they had completely released their yoki that their entire bodies began to transform into their awakened forms. However if you look at when Clare lost control of her partial awakening in Pieta, while she was unable to control her limbs there doesn't seem to be any signs that the rest of her body was beginning to transform even though she had effectively lost control.
Yes their was, she lost control of her blades, her face was becoming even more monstrous(whereas her face still looked relatively normal besides the large veins, now she had gaps around her eyes, fangs, etc), she now had more tentacles which were growing larger and longer...

If you look at Chapter 60 and compare it with the previous appearances and 100, you see she isn't quite as far as she was when Jean died. The biggest difference in comparison was that Claire is in control of herself and her own actions, but in 60, she was not. Not like she intentionally attacked Jean.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:34   Link #328
rampantsmurf

I think the injuries Clare sustained(holes in her body) were from the rods, its why priscilla said can you try not to die .. blah blah.

When I first saw it i thought that perhaps Priscilla was the one who did it, taking out the parts of her that were more youma than human. But i believe this is untrue heh.
Now i feel it is something to do with Teresa, and the memories/information Rafaela gave to Clare.
Old 2010-02-03, 00:42   Link #329
Quicksword

For a moment there I really thought Yagi was going to follow the Anime with Clare growling and saying Teresa's name over and over again. Deneve and Helen really look like Sophia and Noel for moment there, just real helpless.lol

I remember Clare in previous chapters trying to leave Pieta and the Ghosts to find Raki and her playing detective when entering that dungeon Raki was held in or Lucky (what was that translation..lol). I still think she loves Raki but still feels the need to do what she always had planned to do. People keep mentioning that kiss but I don't see it being this romantic kiss even though the anime made it seem much more but a way to quickly get Raki the hell out of there.

Is it me or did Prissy lose both her arms or did she hit Clare so bad that there was still tons of blood on Pris from hitting her or did she somehow lose her arms because it looks like blood is squirting out from Prisface robes as well? hmm.....
Old 2010-02-03, 00:52   Link #330
Mord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Yes their was, she lost control of her blades, her face was becoming even more monstrous(whereas her face still looked relatively normal besides the large veins, now she had gaps around her eyes, fangs, etc), she now had more tentacles which were growing larger and longer...

If you look at Chapter 60 and compare it with the previous appearances and 100, you see she isn't quite as far as she was when Jean died. The biggest difference in comparison was that Claire is in control of herself and her own actions, but in 60, she was not. Not like she intentionally attacked Jean.
Her face in chapter 59 from before she awakened her right arm and her face in chapter 60 after she lost control look the same to me.

As for the tentacles growing larger, I'm not sure that I'm seeing it. Her left arm changed a bit but that was before she had awakened her right arm. Her right arm might have changed some but I can't tell if that is because it's first awakened appearance is at a different perspective compared to the later views.
Old 2010-02-03, 01:00   Link #331
Wiggle wyrm

Considering how many people are living inside Clare (what is it now, 4 maybe 5?), it’s hard to say who specifically shut down her awakening. My guess is that they got tired of he antics and voted her down in committee.

Either way, I wonder how this is going to play out later. Being readers, most of us expected her to awaken in some way or another. But in her world, for claymores, she violated the ultimate taboo. Even worse, she betrayed everyone that made sacrifices to ensure she stayed human. Teresa, Irene, Jean, even Ophelia gave up their lives making sure Clare didn’t awaken and she threw it away, for her own vendetta. But then, Clare has been scarred so deeply, lost and suffered so much that I can't completely blame her.
Old 2010-02-03, 01:18   Link #332
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mord View Post
Her face in chapter 59 from before she awakened her right arm and her face in chapter 60 after she lost control look the same to me.

As for the tentacles growing larger, I'm not sure that I'm seeing it. Her left arm changed a bit but that was before she had awakened her right arm. Her right arm might have changed some but I can't tell if that is because it's first awakened appearance is at a different perspective compared to the later views.
*blink, really? She really did gain more tentacles, and of course, could no longer control herself

Again, the easiest comparisons simply go back to her early transformation(legs were the beginning), and now, to how she is in 60. Their is definitely growth, as throughout 59 and 60, it's undeniable she was becoming more and more monstrous.

Shoot, just a quick check at page 9 on 59, and page 26, their is a huge change in her face, along with the rest of her body. The clincher is, for the nth time, her words that she could no longer control herself and she wanted Helen to kill her before it was too late.

All of this shows she was fully capable, and was going too, awaken had not Jean interfered. This strange "block" that's stopping her now is new and unintentional on Claire's part, which is why Rafaela or some other internal force is the most likely source.
Old 2010-02-03, 01:39   Link #333
Mord

I think I understand now, you are talking about the entire event beginning with the legs while I was only talking about after all four of her limbs were awakened.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:16   Link #334
rampantsmurf

Hm I wouldn't say she threw it away. You say that Jean sacrificed her life so she could stay human.. to a certain extent yes that is true, But Jean sacrificed her life to save Clare. Just as she said she would.
Ophelia entrusted Clare to kill the one horned Bitch, seeing as how she could no longer do this.
Teresa couldn't sacrifice anything for Clare as she is dead.. and was dead before clare even became a claymore thus unable to awaken.
Ilena said she had no use for that right arm anymore, and that shed regenerate a new one that should take a couple months. She then said "You must live. That's the online proof that Teresa ever existed." So yes she sacrificed her arm so thatClare could live on. There is no way that she could have survived long with only a left arm. I feel that Ilena was sorry/feeling guilty for the death of Teresa. She did say to Priscilla she must do whatever she needs to, to kill Teresa. But we have no way in telling whether or not that had any influence on the battle.

~

Regarding Clares awakened form. I believe it is the same as from in Pieta. Right arm belonged to Ilena(which is why i believe it looks different from her left arm. Right arm looks more like blades just for quicksword purposes.)

On third reading of ch 100 p 30-31. The last few panels shows what i believe is clares leg(s) being cut off. p 32 shows her without a right leg. based on the positioning of the leg you should be able to see the lower leg(if she has the lower(awakened parts).
Okay from the clothing and comparing, it is Priscilla whom is shown to be taking all the damage to her limbs.
Very strange indeed. Can't wait for the next chapter!!

Edit again: Its so hard to make out what has happened.

Last edited by rampantsmurf; 2010-02-03 at 02:31.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:32   Link #335
straferd
Toushi

I <3 U Clare !!

Next chapter in april? arghhh
Old 2010-02-03, 02:34   Link #336
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Okay, about the Lucky stuff, I don't know Japanese, but I've seen enough anime and read enough manga that I know how some things are pronounced. R in Japanese sounds either like an R or an L. A in Japanese is like the German A or makes an Ah sound. Ki always sounds like Key. so, it would either sound like RAHKEY or LAHKEY and LAHKEY sounds like Lucky and may be as close as Japanese can get to the English word Lucky. So it is entirely possible that Yagi wanted Raki to be named Lucky, so like I said, the Franky House translation is not stupid, it maybe accurate, even if the Japanese Anime said RAHKEY. Look at Ranma 1/2 for instance, in the same Anime they say it both ways RAHNMAH and LAHNMAH depending on the the speaker, and then later on they say LAHNKO instead of RAHNKO for Ranko.

Some notes about the Chapter, It is entirely possible that Prissy caused damage on Clare. It is also entirely possible that Prissy didn't lay a hand on clare except to kick her and put her foot on Clare's head, and it is even more likely at the end that the damage didn't come from prissy. We also don't know if Clare used the quick sword or was like a wild animal unleashed.

I don't think anybody held Clare back. I think it is closer to something either Cyclone or Aimless are thinking, but I'm not entirely sure which.

I think Clare might be able to partially Awaken, but remember guys, she told Helen and Deneve that she was giving up her humanity. So it could have been that Clare tried to fully awaken, after having partially awakened, and that is what didn't work. I think it is far more likely something to do with the Mistake that Rafaela was talking about, which might patch up some holes in Cyclones theory someone else pointed out. But think about it, a Soul Link results in Half Awakened Beings. If there is anything Clare would do wrong trying to do a controlled Awakening, then Rafaela would be the expert in that field.
Old 2010-02-03, 02:40   Link #337
rampantsmurf

I thought in a soul link (wll use alicia and beth for example) Alicia fully awakens while beth maintains her humanity? idk but i thought it was a full awakening none the less.*i could be completely wrong*

When Priscilla said ' Oh I thought you couldn't awaken' is she referring to her as a claymore? or does she mean Unable to awake due to a block of somesort.

I think that she is referring to a claymore awakening(at will)
Old 2010-02-03, 02:41   Link #338
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
As long as the mind is not awakened, it can't be a full awakening. a partial awakening can be an awakening of everything but the mind.
Old 2010-02-03, 03:12   Link #339
Gooral
Banned

After reading gernot's translation of the last Priscilla's line: "You *can't* awaken, can you?" I think it's definite that Prissy had nothing to do with Clare being unable to awaken. So it's either Aimless' idea (triggered by Cyclone's idea about Clare becoming more immune to awakening) or the one most people were writing (including myself). As for the second option, I don't think it was Galatea that has helped Clare to go back, she would have a hard time to get where Clare was in a short amount of time (she's blind after all, even if she was holding hands with others it would be difficult for her to travel at top speed). Destroyer was a bit too far away I think (and I wouldn't see a reason why would it even want to help Clare) and it seems mindless, Cynthia has her own problems, Tabitha is probably far away (and if she wasn't I doubt she would know how to make Clare go back) so if anything it should have sth to do with Rafaela or Teresa. Of course knowing Yagi he will think of sth more interesting and surprise us all.
Old 2010-02-03, 03:40   Link #340
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

gernot's translation is out? XD I don't see it.