Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-10-31, 17:15   Link #161
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Not all CG fights are bad.

It's just that when done badly it looks extremely out of place and that happens quite a bit.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 17:39   Link #162
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

So there's not a whole lot of confidence in the studio here for them to use it well then? Well for a thing like BRS where the action is part of the main appeal I can understand why folks would be skeptical.

But who knows, maybe they'll surprise us. Though with my standards toward anime aesthetics I'll probably be satisfied either way.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-10-31 at 18:27.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 18:22   Link #163
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I'm pretty sure all the negative things people are saying about the CG are actual criticisms at how they look in the trailer. It's pretty fair to judge what is being shown, and so far it's not looking great. The designs are worse than the OVA, and the CG action looks relative cheap and out of place.

As for faith in the actual studio, the CG is by Sanzigen, who have done pretty good CG in the past, but also mediocre CG, depending on the series they're involved in. They're probably best known for their amazing work on Panty & Stocking, where the CG really worked with the art style and direction of the series.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 00:22   Link #164
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I'm pretty sure all the negative things people are saying about the CG are actual criticisms at how they look in the trailer. It's pretty fair to judge what is being shown, and so far it's not looking great. The designs are worse than the OVA, and the CG action looks relative cheap and out of place.
Considering the OAV was in all fairness garbage, in general I think people should keep expectations low. I personally I don't mind the designs including DM (as I said, I hated the original design) but my main concerns are the 8-episode idea and the fact that sadly Ordet is involved again. I have seen mostly complaints on CG and design, but nothing else, but there are other concerns (like, the reuse of the OAV's setting, wether is a sequel or a reboot isn't really important).

Quote:
They're probably best known for their amazing work on Panty & Stocking, where the CG really worked with the art style and direction of the series.
The fact that they worked on Panty&Stocking for me it certainly is a minus rather than a plus...
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 04:03   Link #165
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Considering the OAV was in all fairness garbage, in general I think people should keep expectations low. I personally I don't mind the designs including DM (as I said, I hated the original design) but my main concerns are the 8-episode idea and the fact that sadly Ordet is involved again. I have seen mostly complaints on CG and design, but nothing else, but there are other concerns (like, the reuse of the OAV's setting, wether is a sequel or a reboot isn't really important).
I don't see how it is fair to say it is garbage. I loved the OVA, and I found the designs very appealing, with a lot of attention in the subtle character animation. None of that detail or care is seen in the TV trailer, and it is clearly by another designer. Just because you didn't like the OVA doesn't mean much for other people. Why should others keep their expectations low if they don't share your opinion?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 12:15   Link #166
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

http://motto-jimidane.com/jlab-tv/2/s/128979.jpg

read the credit.

Fuck you haters, best winter anime confirmed.

[/hyperbole] for the insensitive.

and : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...ew-promo-video

Quote:
Original Character Design: huke
Director: Shinobu Yoshioka
CG Battle Director: Hiroyuki Imaishi
Series Script Editor/Script: Mari Okada
Chief Animation Director/Animation Character Design: Yusuke Yoshigaki
Animation Production: Ordet/Sanzigen
Imaishi!!! hell even Yoshigaki is there....

;___________;

Last edited by fertygo; 2011-11-03 at 12:56.
fertygo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 13:10   Link #167
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

Quote:
This staff is so awesome! Each one is great!
Old 2011-11-03, 14:25   Link #168
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
This time, I hope they succeed and make it an English sub.
Old 2011-11-03, 14:26   Link #169
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I don't see how it is fair to say it is garbage. I loved the OVA, and I found the designs very appealing, with a lot of attention in the subtle character animation. None of that detail or care is seen in the TV trailer, and it is clearly by another designer. Just because you didn't like the OVA doesn't mean much for other people. Why should others keep their expectations low if they don't share your opinion?
I think the extremely frequent jump cuts that annoyed me were just a poor excuse to "spice up" a story that was extremely flat in its premise. A lot of anime can be good despite a simple story, but in this case the length wasn't enough IMO. I think the game universe had more potential for a series, but the ideal way would have been something completely separated from both the OAV, the game and Innocent Soul.
From what I see, a certain director isn't involved at all in the TV series, so I remain optimistic. I wouldn't be so excited just because of the staff anyway, there are some "big" names for it but it means very little.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 16:12   Link #170
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Let okada just do the "slice of life" parts and let Imaishi do the battle parts and I'd say odds are we have a winner.
Old 2011-11-03, 18:15   Link #171
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by fertygo View Post
http://motto-jimidane.com/jlab-tv/2/s/128979.jpg

read the credit.

Fuck you haters, best winter anime confirmed.
Am I the only one that is forever seeing an imaginary trademark symbol after these sorts of statements?

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Let okada just do the "slice of life" parts and let Imaishi do the battle parts and I'd say odds are we have a winner.
Don't forget the cross-dressing parts, she'll need to take care of those too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
Considering BRS is and always has been pure concept that started life as little more than a character design in a music video on that corner of the internet known as niconico I don't know why anybody would have especially high expectations for this. I mean yeah it's all kinds of crazy popular in Japan, but one should never forget that just because something gets popular doesn't mean it's proof of concept right off the bat. I think the biggest challenge facing this show is that Black Rock Shooter ultimately means nothing and has no real history, character or plot to agree upon. For this reason it kind of makes sense that they would just try to continue the OVA version since that's so far the closest thing that BRS has to an official lore. No sense starting from scratch all over again I suppose.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 19:40   Link #172
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
/bangs head against wall

First Kenshin, then Aquarion... now this. Allright folks... expect lots of sparkling, crossdressing and emansculation!

Actually, in reality, I'm not -that- fussed about BRS, even if its on noitamina as I was never into vocaloids . I just find it hilarious how Okada gets her hands on EVERYTHING despite not being good at said everything.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2011-11-03 at 20:32.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 19:43   Link #173
Kagayaki

^Perhaps if there are no male characters, we can avoid all these issues
Old 2011-11-03, 19:49   Link #174
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
I just find it hilarious how Okada gets her hands on EVERYTHING despite not being good at said everything.
But isn't this her domain?
I mean if it's like the OVA there won't be much dialogue,if any,in the action scenes,she'd be involved in writing slice of life/school life scenes.
Old 2011-11-03, 19:49   Link #175
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Don't hate on Mari Okada. She supervised the script for Gosick.
I'm pretty sure there's no crossdressing involved there.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 19:52   Link #176
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Well, she didn't emasculate anyone in True Tears IIRC.

But she does seem incredibly petty, since one of the characters in Hana Saku Iroha was allegedly based on someone.

I think BRS is gonna fight cyber-Jinomaru in this.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2011-11-03, 20:06   Link #177
Shadow5YA

Quote:
/bangs head against wall

First Kenshin, then Aquarion... now this. Allright folks... expect lots of sparkling, crossdressing and emansculation!

Actually, in reality, I'm not that fussed about BRS, even if its on noitamina as I was never into vocaloids . I just find it hilarious how Okada gets her hands on EVERYTHING despite not being good at said everything.
A little pet peeve of mine...

God dammit, BRS has nothing to do with Vocaloids. She had one song made by ryo of supercell, and that's it. Otherwise, she is a completely original design by huke with a completely separate universe from Miku.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:09   Link #178
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Well, she didn't emasculate anyone in True Tears IIRC.

But she does seem incredibly petty, since one of the characters in Hana Saku Iroha was allegedly based on someone.

I think BRS is gonna fight cyber-Jinomaru in this.
Cyber-Jinomaru vs Cyber Chicken. My money is on the chicken.

Anyways, I'll definitely follow this for lols, because it's on noitamina and because I saw the OVA, which wasn't bad. I'll make sure my expectations aren't too high though .

As for the vocaloid comment... well I apologise. I don't much about that stuff k
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:14   Link #179
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Cyber-Jinomaru vs Cyber Chicken. My money is on the chicken.

Anyways, I'll definitely follow this for lols and because it's on noitamina, but I'll make sure my expectations aren't too high
I'm more up for something like Black Rock Shooter vs. King Abaddon vs. the Soulless Army vs. Mecha Godzilla Tokyo Final Showdown, but alas that would never happen.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-03, 20:19   Link #180
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Alright. I'm not one to dismiss a show before seeing it. Let me think of something positive.

What do you guys think of Black Rock Shooter's character design and voice? I assume it's gonna be Kana Hanazawa again. It better be...

I suppose that rather revealing outfit+ twintails+sword is enough to interest me, though although a bit silly.

The character designer also did the ones from Steins;gate. I guess the faces take time to get used to. If the plot is thin, they'll have to lay on some service to compensate.

MyAnimeList || Reviews

Tags
action, slice of life