AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-07, 19:29   Link #1
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
Will there be any more FMA?

I think there maybe will be a 2nd season, considering the end was a bit lame and kind of open like it always has with anime. But as FMA is such a popular anime, i think they will consider making a FMA 2.
Old 2004-10-07, 19:48   Link #2
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Um, dude.

They were in the 4th season. A season is 13 episodes.
Old 2004-10-07, 20:27   Link #3
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
I think there maybe will be a 2nd season
BONES has already announced that the movie will be the closure for the series... and anyway BONES has never made any 2nd part for any of it's series.... I think
Old 2004-10-08, 09:24   Link #4
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Um, dude.

They were in the 4th season. A season is 13 episodes.
Where do people keep getting this? A season doesn't have to be 13 episodes. For example, Ragnarok the Animation's first season was 26 episodes, Digimon Season 1 is 54 episodes, Fullmetal Alchemist is a single season of 51 episodes.

Just because they change the intro and outro doesn't nessessarily have to make it a new season.
Old 2004-10-08, 09:46   Link #5
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Where do people keep getting this? A season doesn't have to be 13 episodes. For example, Ragnarok the Animation's first season was 26 episodes, Digimon Season 1 is 54 episodes, Fullmetal Alchemist is a single season of 51 episodes.

Just because they change the intro and outro doesn't nessessarily have to make it a new season.
Where do we get this? Here's how:

The year is divided into four primary broadcast seasons, each lasting roughly three months or 12/13 weeks (depends on the lengths of the months). If a show, like Fullmetal Alchemist, is aired for 51 weeks straight we say it has had four season because it has aired over the span of four seasons. Interestingly enough, most shows will change their opening and ending songs/animations to match the changes in the broadcast season which is why people associate changing openings and ending to new seasons.

Then again, maybe it makes more sense, as you suggested, to just arbitrarily decide the length of a season differently for each series.
Old 2004-10-08, 13:32   Link #6
muramasa007

Wtf?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell
I think there maybe will be a 2nd season, considering the end was a bit lame and kind of open like it always has with anime. But as FMA is such a popular anime, i think they will consider making a FMA 2.
Dude are u that dumb?!!??! Full Metal Alchemist already ended....now its time for the movie then the show officially ends otherwise whats the point of extending the show if 51 wuz the last episode...-_- pplz these days...
For more info
Go to
www.fullmetal-alchemist.com
idiots who think the show will go on...
Old 2004-10-08, 13:54   Link #7
Mitchell

Send a message via ICQ to Mitchell
Quote:
Originally Posted by muramasa007
Dude are u that dumb?!!??! Full Metal Alchemist already ended....now its time for the movie then the show officially ends otherwise whats the point of extending the show if 51 wuz the last episode...-_- pplz these days...
For more info
Go to
www.fullmetal-alchemist.com
idiots who think the show will go on...
Dude, then I apologize to you for my stupidity. But there are ppl who just really doesn't know. And it wouldn't hurt you or anybody for just asking it or am I wrong???
If this makes ME a idiot, I think you might be a idiot to or anybody who's posting a thread in this forum, right??????
Old 2004-10-08, 14:00   Link #8
muramasa007

Lmao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell
Dude, then I apologize to you for my stupidity. But there are ppl who just really doesn't know. And it wouldn't hurt you or anybody for just asking it or am I wrong???
If this makes ME a idiot, I think you might be a idiot to or anybody who's posting a thread in this forum, right??????
LMAO just watch the last episode...the last one wuz a good ending because it all matched and if u didnt get taht then ur really weird...
Old 2004-10-08, 14:31   Link #9
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by muramasa007
LMAO just watch the last episode...the last one wuz a good ending because it all matched and if u didnt get taht then ur really weird...
I can see that you're new on this forum. Just a friendly advice, we don't call people dumb or idiots just because they have a different opinion then you or didn't know some little thing.
Old 2004-10-08, 15:47   Link #10
Joe Dalton

Funny threads are the forums gift to people with a sense of humor

Of course I rarely see something as cool as this

"I think there maybe will be a 2nd season, considering the end was a bit lame and kind of open like it always has with anime. But as FMA is such a popular anime, i think they will consider making a FMA 2."

My hat goes off to you.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:30   Link #11
MasafumiGotoh

FMA 2 would surely suck because it will go back and forth from Al to Edward which is a waste of time. Cant really grasp the storyline if it does that too much. Also half of it would be about alchemy. Edward's part would be about mechanics and magic. Sounds dull to me.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:41   Link #12
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

The year is divided into four primary broadcast seasons, each lasting roughly three months or 12/13 weeks (depends on the lengths of the months). If a show, like Fullmetal Alchemist, is aired for 51 weeks straight we say it has had four season because it has aired over the span of four seasons. Interestingly enough, most shows will change their opening and ending songs/animations to match the changes in the broadcast season which is why people associate changing openings and ending to new seasons.

Then again, maybe it makes more sense, as you suggested, to just arbitrarily decide the length of a season differently for each series.
I guess I can see where that comes from, but I do personally like to think that a "season" change also incorperates either some sort of change of name in the title or a significant change in location (if the show were taking place in a single region for 13 episodes and then moved to a differernt area for the next 13). For me, it's way less confusing. Especially since some shows' second season is refered to as whatever season 2, or season 3. You could end up making people think you refer to the second season rather than episodes 14-26 of the first season.

I like to think of Fullmetal Alchemist as 1 season or one season with 4 arcs since there is no official title change such as "Fullmetal Alchemist season..." 1, 2, 3, 4.
Old 2004-10-08, 16:44   Link #13
LightsEternity

I doubt it... I mean.. .what else could they do.. after the movie

Quote:
I guess I can see where that comes from, but I do personally like to think that a "season" change also incorperates either some sort of change of name in the title or a significant change in location (if the show were taking place in a single region for 13 episodes and then moved to a differernt area for the next 13). For me, it's way less confusing. Especially since some shows' second season is refered to as whatever season 2, or season 3. You could end up making people think you refer to the second season rather than episodes 14-26 of the first season.

I like to think of Fullmetal Alchemist as 1 season or one season with 4 arcs since there is no official title change such as "Fullmetal Alchemist season..." 1, 2, 3, 4.
Old 2004-10-08, 17:08   Link #14
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
I

Oh that logic is perfect then.

Gundam Seed's 50 something episodes must be one season, and Naruto's 110 Episodes are one season, ect ect.

Afterall, The Season does not change unless the name changes, Right? So there can be 500 episodes in a single season!
Old 2004-10-08, 17:19   Link #15
moofs
TL to the rescue!

Quote:
A name change doesn't indicate a new season, it just indicates a new sequal after it. A "season" is defined exactly the same as the four seasons we have in a year: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. It's the same for most shows, not just anime. Looking at TV shows such as Law and Order, The O.C., North Shore, Sex in the City and others all have multiple season premieres and season finale episodes. The season changed, but did their name change? Nope, not at all.

An "arc" is usually just a part that focuses on a certain place and storyline. Not sure how to explain it, but for example, Rurouni Kenshin has many arcs such as the Kyoto Arc, etc.

Last edited by moofs; 2004-10-08 at 17:34.
Old 2004-10-08, 18:28   Link #16
shino bugged
shino

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan
BONES has already announced that the movie will be the closure for the series... and anyway BONES has never made any 2nd part for any of it's series.... I think
There's a movie when is coming out ?

edit : wait ignore this i just saw that there's a whole thread about it
Old 2004-10-08, 20:10   Link #17
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Paper

Actually, the term for that (at least in Japan) is a "cool". FMA is four "cools" but its not four "seasons".
Old 2004-10-08, 20:28   Link #18
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by moofs
A name change doesn't indicate a new season, it just indicates a new sequal after it. A "season" is defined exactly the same as the four seasons we have in a year: Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter. It's the same for most shows, not just anime. Looking at TV shows such as Law and Order, The O.C., North Shore, Sex in the City and others all have multiple season premieres and season finale episodes. The season changed, but did their name change? Nope, not at all.

An "arc" is usually just a part that focuses on a certain place and storyline. Not sure how to explain it, but for example, Rurouni Kenshin has many arcs such as the Kyoto Arc, etc.
I consider Television and anime different in seasons. Unlike most american TV shows, anime does not run a new episode from September to March and then air repeats the rest of the year. Anime shows tend to run a new episode every week of the year and not show reruns 5 months of the year while they make a new continuation for the fall. These shows have distinct breaks and offseaons. And while they may not change names, people do often refer to some of these as "the second season of whatever", or the third etc.

Quote:
Oh that logic is perfect then.

Gundam Seed's 50 something episodes must be one season, and Naruto's 110 Episodes are one season, ect ect.

Afterall, The Season does not change unless the name changes, Right? So there can be 500 episodes in a single season!
If you're being sarcastic, then so be it, but I do think GS as being 1 season. I have no idea what to consider naruto though really, most anime that I've seen doesn't look like it's going to have 300+ episodes in it under the same title. I realize there are several animes running in the 100+ episode numbers, but that is (hopefully) not the norm since most stuff I've seen doesn't exceed 50-75 episodes before it ends.
Old 2004-10-08, 20:34   Link #19
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

So.

So, Elaborate for us.. Your complex and contrived meaning of season.

Obviously, its not like you said it is. Because you just said naruto is not a season, Because its to long.

You just said Gundam Seed was not a season because, well, Who knows what reason?
Old 2004-10-08, 21:08   Link #20
jpwong

Quote:
You just said Gundam Seed was not a season because, well, Who knows what reason?
I don't know if you misread my post or mistyped there, but for me personally, Gundam Seed is 1 season. Personally (yes, you can disagree if you want, since it's not your opinion) in general, a season is a single unbroken set of airrings where the show for the most part takes place in a fairly defined setting (region, ie, [I know this sucks] pokemon's indego region, the orange islands, etc) with the same title. Or alternatively, if a show is going to have a known number of episodes, that can generally be assumed as a season. FMA we knew there were going to be 50 some episodes with 4 different intro/outro pairs, they didn't announce they were going to make 13 episodes and then as the show was broadcast announce they would be continuiung the series with an additional x episodes. There are problems with both my way, and also just considering a season every 13 episodes a la broadcasting seasons in Japan.

But when someone asks if a show is going to have a second season, do you automatically think that the person is asking "will the show have episodes numbered 13-26" or "will this show have a sequal airring at a point sometime in the future after the number of episodes announced for this show has completed airring".

I think most people would have a problem classifying a show where there are no major breaks in the airring schedual, the total number of episodes isn't announced and the show looks like it's going to easily be 300 plus episodes.
Closed Thread