AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-07, 08:59   Link #261
Woland
Latin Rascal

With the current trend of AS subforum we probably need a lot more spam to be granted with a specific board in the immediate future... But it's really worth it? Last 2 page are more focused on this matter than on the series, and I can't see that as a good thing.
Soul Eater is a long series there's probably non need to rush thing, even that overrated low message rate of Hayate no Gotoku got a subforum. SE first episode just aired, and many of our has not even seen it (I have not), while many other are probably too focused on that hype whore of Geass (...) let's wait at least the sub, before start to complain.
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:02   Link #262
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I'm becoming curious on how horrible Maka's VA could be x_x

But maybe because it's her first debut? But for a first time, so lucky of her to have some excellent VA's as co-stars xD
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:06   Link #263
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I'm becoming curious on how horrible Maka's VA could be x_x

But maybe because it's her first debut? But for a first time, so lucky of her to have some excellent VA's as co-stars xD
You can get an idea of her voice from the trailer. Her reading is very monotone.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:10   Link #264
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
You can get an idea of her voice from the trailer. Her reading is very monotone.
That's not really the problem though. If that was a style, it would be fine, but her actual voice acting is pretty poor. Her attempts at expression are pretty weak, and it just doesn't feel like there's a lot of effort going into the role. There are some decent moments, but especially when she's fighting, the voice just isn't that great.

I think being overshadowed by so many other good seiyuus affects her overall performance too, because instead of being a fresh new voice, she comes off as the weakest link instead. :/
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:10   Link #265
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Ah, I heard her from the trailer . . . she was okay to me because I liked the kind of voice that was used for Maka. The voice I expected for Maka would be something like Kugumiya Rie's (not that knowldgeable on female seiyuu) or any voice that sounds bratty/tsundere or high-pitched. But Maka's voice didn't turn out to be that type, so I was happy.

But now that I think about the quality of how that voice was used. . . . I mean the voice acting itself . . . yeah, there really seems to be some problems x_x
Old 2008-04-07, 09:10   Link #266
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Her trailer voice was the only one I found unique enough to consider it an additional motivator to check out the series. It has that "screechy but assertive" feel to it.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:11   Link #267
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

She sounded fine to me from the trailers. Her voice seemed to match the character, but I haven't read so I couldn't really tell ya.

Wow, the opening and ending kick all sorts of ass. That animation is beautiful. If the episode is anything like that, than this show is gonna be incredible.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:14   Link #268
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
Wow, the opening and ending kick all sorts of ass. That animation is beautiful. If the episode is anything like that, than this show is gonna be incredible.
The opening was directed, storyboarded and animated by a single person - Yasuhiro Irie.

The ending was also directed, storyboarded and animated by a single person - Norimitsu Suzuki. But that was expected, Suzuki is an ED animation veteren.
Old 2008-04-07, 09:17   Link #269
Medousa
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Medousa
Yeah, The op was (and is.=O) awesome... *o* Chrona-chama, Medusa-sama ... >w< (Nude Blair?O.o)

Personally, I liked Maka's voice in the trailer. It was the voice I expected from her. Soul's voice was sure surprising, But I just like it...*o*
Old 2008-04-07, 09:18   Link #270
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
The opening was directed, storyboarded and animated by a single person - Yasuhiro Irie.

The ending was also directed, storyboarded and animated by a single person - Norimitsu Suzuki. But that was expected, Suzuki is an ED animation veteren.
I should start taking note of these people. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!! *_*
Old 2008-04-07, 09:20   Link #271
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro View Post
I should start taking note of these people. THEY ARE INCREDIBLE!!!!! *_*
Go check out Suzuki's work on the first ED of Eureka 7. :P
Old 2008-04-07, 09:20   Link #272
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

I really like Soul's voice. Based on the character design, you wouldn't expect it to be so deep, but that's what's so cool about it.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:23   Link #273
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I just looked him up and damn Key Animation for Giant Robo and Macross Plus! Also Episode and Animation director for Episode 19 of RahXephon which was just brilliant.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:25   Link #274
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Go check out Suzuki's work on the first ED of Eureka 7. :P
I haven't seen much of Eureka 7 . . .but I kinda remember the ED . . .and yeah, it was nice *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
I really like Soul's voice. Based on the character design, you wouldn't expect it to be so deep, but that's what's so cool about it.
Soul's voice SHOCKED me O_O but yeah, that's what made it so cool xD Great choice on the voice cast . . . they picked voices on characters that fans don't expect them to sound like xD

Speaking of voices . . . .I'm most excited on Kid's voice!!!! xD I wanna hear a Tamaki/Light/Setsuna voice go crack emo!!! xD Hahahahaha!
Old 2008-04-07, 09:27   Link #275
duckroll
綺羅星★!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
I just looked him up and damn Key Animation for Giant Robo and Macross Plus! Also Episode and Animation director for Episode 19 of RahXephon which was just brilliant.
That's not really giving him due credit. He's the director of Kurau. ;_;
Old 2008-04-07, 09:31   Link #276
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i m actually amazed that you can remember precisely a specific episode of a serie that is at least 5+years old.
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:31   Link #277
Westlo
Lets be reality

I don't know how I missed that I really need to finish that too... Utena OP was pretty good too.. *checks list one more time* can't remember Escaflowne 21..

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n
i m actually amazed that you can remember precisely a specific episode of a serie that is at least 5+years old.
RahXephon is my fav series and episode 19 is imo the best episode from it, I did have to google it to make sure though since I haven't watched it in a few years
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:36   Link #278
Woland
Latin Rascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by D a m i e n View Post
Well because, if I'm not wrong, that was the best episode of the series

Spoiler for Rah ep 19:

Edit: late reply...
Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:37   Link #279
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
of topic but my fav eps of rhaxephon was :
Spoiler:

i cant wait for work to be over to be over to get that soul eater eps, i m having higher hope for this serie that CGr2 for some reason :/
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-07, 09:37   Link #280
apr
Pedestrian

Ahaha, oh wow, animation here is crazy expensive. Music's great too.

HOWEVERRRRRRRR, god almighty, is Maka's VA terrible. Worst voice acting I've ever heard, probably. I'm not sure I can watch more episodes, unless I keep it on mute. Can't they fit these people on fringe characters until they learn how to act properly?

Wonder what the late night version will add... less censorship in the bath?

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater