AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-31, 05:05   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Claymore Chapter 90

Welcome to the monthly discussion thread for Claymore, Chapter 90.

The thread was created before the chapter was published. Usually false spoilers start to appear early so (naturally) people always need a place to discuss them.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • The Claymore manga is licensed by Viz so questions about scanlations or answers about scanlation are not allowed. Remember that AnimeSuki does not enable downloading of any licensed anime or manga.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Old 2009-03-31, 05:07   Link #2
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Thanks for the thread, Skyfall.

Here's the English translation for the spoilers.

A second recent spoiler is here.

Last edited by PureYoki; 2009-04-02 at 04:05.
Old 2009-03-31, 05:19   Link #3
azurie

hmmm interesting can't wait till it's up at my fav trans site =)
Old 2009-03-31, 05:20   Link #4
AzoJason

mhh... 100 times stronger and then defeated?... i hope its fake..

Currently watching: Queens Blade, K-ON, Guin Saga, Eden of the East (Higashi no Eden), DBZ Kai, FMA Brotherhood
Bleach/Claymore/FMA/Black Lagoon Manga
Old 2009-03-31, 05:35   Link #5
PureYoki
Master of Old Forest

Well, I hope the spoiler is fake because:

1) Riful dies too fast, and without an on-screen fight. Watching a soccer game is exciting, just looking at the scores is not.

2) If even Alicia is no match for the DODs, and if MIB need something of Isley's strength to defeat them, then it means Isley is much stronger than Alicia. But Alicia defeats Riful rather comfortably, and it makes Riful a weakling compared to Isley and Luciela.

3) And if Alicia is useless against DODs, what was the goal of the soul-link, just to defeat Riful? How is Alicia designed for fighting Riful? Alicia is AO strength and she can fight every one.
Old 2009-03-31, 05:50   Link #6
Newhope

I always thought Riful was the strongest AO but 100 times is a bit to much the only thing I can think of is she condenseing her power into a smaller frame, although 100 time part makes me think the spoiler is fake.

I'am I the only one who thinks we haven't seen Alicia's full awakened form yet and all we've seen so far is her partial awakened?
Old 2009-03-31, 06:57   Link #7
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Goshj poor Riful. It would have been better if she waited for Renee to awaken Raciella(if Renee was going to awaken her), and possibly if Raciella would listen to her.(which I personally doubt a bit)

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Old 2009-03-31, 07:14   Link #8
little_angel
Watching From Above

if Rufil dies in one chapter that will be a bad idea .. i hope the spoiler is fake ..

unless there is a reason ( a good reason ) ...
Old 2009-03-31, 07:38   Link #9
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by little_angel View Post

unless there is a reason ( a good reason ) ...
While I don't like the idea either, unfortunately the time of the Abyssal's is now over...Lucelia isn't really alive by definition nor conscious (doubt she will be the same being when she "Awakens") , Isley is dead and it looks like now Riful.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:11   Link #10
Gattberserk

The spoiler look pretty fake... Although I believe Alice is trained to battle against Riful (We saw Alice spying on Riful during her first appearance)

Riful become 100 times stronger and get defeatd straight? AF 20 of them all of sudden and are no match for Riful despite only 11 which can kills Isely...

So is Isley a weakling compared to Riful or Luciela

OR

Riful is a weakling compared to Isley and Luciela?...

The power of the 3 AO are suppose to be in balance... With minimal differences... Riful already commented that Isley underestimated their power and hence the fight with Luciela took longer than expected...

And regarding the Dragons... It really make me wonder though if Priscilla is still the strongest character now in Claymore... And how will Pris fare against them if the dragon are really as strong as what the spoiler depict them...
Old 2009-03-31, 08:15   Link #11
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I also hope it's fake.

There is issue of claiming Riful is stronger in her human form. This goes against everything that Yagi has shown us to date. When any of the Abyssals - nay Awakened beings - has ever gotten serious, it's always in monster form (think Isley vs Luciella or Pricilla). Riful being the other way is almost inconcievable from a consistancy point of view.

Furthermore, I didn't get the impression from the last chapter that 20 ZACSs were sent in with Alicia and Beth, and the MiBs sent them only to be as guides and not to fight.

Several things just don't add up. Riful dying off screen in less than a chapter? wtf! The most puzzling thing is why are the ghosts all headed west from a story perspective. I mean the action will be finished long before they get there. Something about the whole thing just seems a bit odd to me.

Now then... for the important and seemingly unavoidable part of this and every other thread. So let's get it out of the way. Pricilla vs Teresa - discuss... (just give us a thread for it already!).
Old 2009-03-31, 08:23   Link #12
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Well, just basing off what you guys are saying and the spoilers... it seems to me like either this manga is nearing it's end (with the AOs getting picked off one by one per chapter), or we're going to be heading in a new direction that deals with the Organization and their dark secrets more

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-03-31, 08:23   Link #13
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Smells fake from a long distance... Riful 100 times stronger? And killed in just one chapter? OMG WTF.

Really, spoilers this week are being quite dissapointing, I just read the Bleach one and almost made me puke. Hope they're all fakes.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:24   Link #14
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
depends on the source... half the time, the bleakest spoilers are the real ones

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2009-03-31, 08:30   Link #15
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Smells fake from a long distance... Riful 100 times stronger? And killed in just one chapter? OMG WTF.

Really, spoilers this week are being quite dissapointing, I just read the Bleach one and almost made me puke. Hope they're all fakes.
unfortunately its april the 1st lol, expect alot of joke spoilers.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:30   Link #16
Cyclone
Transient Guest

I wouldn't say it's coming to an end any faster or anything. It's more that the Abyssals have out lived a lot of their usefulness in the story.

Isley's purpose was to go south, and as a side effect get the ghosts to leave the organization. Riful's seems to be awaken Raciella and to have acted as stalemate power for Isley until Pricilla came along. With her story roles ending, I wouldn't be surprised to see be the next to go.

There is plenty that can happen yet.
Old 2009-03-31, 08:51   Link #17
Yorae_paladin1

maybe riful might fake her death
"I do not hate you. I do not think your a monster just another species trying to live like us humans. If there is a monster in this world its nature itself for wanting and allowing spectacles of death and destruction."

Neo Human Angelus Von Doom to Abyssal Riful before there battle. My fic saga revelations of the past title Advent Rising
Old 2009-03-31, 08:53   Link #18
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
There is plenty that can happen yet.
The Lord help us with that one. I don't really wish to wait for another 8 years to see a manga series end.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:00   Link #19
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
I also hope it's fake.

There is issue of claiming Riful is stronger in her human form. This goes against everything that Yagi has shown us to date. When any of the Abyssals - nay Awakened beings - has ever gotten serious, it's always in monster form (think Isley vs Luciella or Pricilla). Riful being the other way is almost inconcievable from a consistancy point of view.

Furthermore, I didn't get the impression from the last chapter that 20 ZACSs were sent in with Alicia and Beth, and the MiBs sent them only to be as guides and not to fight.

Several things just don't add up. Riful dying off screen in less than a chapter? wtf! The most puzzling thing is why are the ghosts all headed west from a story perspective. I mean the action will be finished long before they get there. Something about the whole thing just seems a bit odd to me.

Now then... for the important and seemingly unavoidable part of this and every other thread. So let's get it out of the way. Pricilla vs Teresa - discuss... (just give us a thread for it already!).
From what I can tell she's still useing her awakened form she's just modified it so it's about human size.

And yes Riful should destory a fresh batch of ZACS with ease.
Old 2009-03-31, 09:03   Link #20
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Weaving into a humanoid form... Didn't Agatha do the same thing?