AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-09-26, 21:22   Link #321
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Does destroying a mech count as a kill if you're doing a pacifist run?

I always wondered that...
Old 2011-09-26, 21:23   Link #322
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well in the real world, you just blinked and go "Oh, Okay..." "That's one way to do it I guess..."
Bah, sorry. I have a tendency of saying weird things on impulse. It amused me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The first time I had to fight a mech I panicked because I didn't carry any heavy weapons with me. As I desperately searched my inventory for a way to save Malik, I noticed this weird blue colored object at the corner of my screen.

EMP Grenade.

Never leave home without it.
Exactly how I did it.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Does destroying a mech count as a kill if you're doing a pacifist run?

I always wondered that...
Don't take any chances. I think logically it would. Considering.. you know, the whole 'destroy' thing. Or maybe they follow the same rule as the Tyrant trio.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 21:31   Link #323
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Logically I'd think it wouldn't considering it's a robot. Their lives don't mean anything to them and it's not like they can atone themselves nor have anything to live for.

But if it does then that's probably why I didn't get the trophy for it. I didn't have the augment to shut down robots through hacking in that hangar so I had no choice but to EMP their asses.

There was also one human enemy who died through a proximity mine too, but it wasn't even one I placed myself. If I lost it because of that then that's kind of unfair.

Last edited by SilverSyko; 2011-09-27 at 01:29.
SilverSyko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-26, 21:36   Link #324
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Logically I'd think it wouldn't considering it's a robot. Their lives don't mean anything to them and it's not like they can atone themselves or have anything to live for.

But if it does then that's probably why I didn't get the trophy for it. I didn't have the augment to shut down robots through hacking in that hangar so I had no choice but to EMP their asses.

There was one human enemy who died through a proximity mine too, but it wasn't even one I placed myself. If I lost it because of that then that's kind of unfair.
So sorry, then! Because guess what? Be anywhere near someone's death and it's counted against you.

I ruined my pacifist run too, so don't feel too bad. Shit happen. Gas grenade and tranq. rifle is your best bet Syko. I'd also remember where the proximity mines are. Throwing stuff like barrels, boxes, etc will trigger them. And no one will die. The worst is you'll get ALARMED status for a minute or so.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 00:08   Link #325
Decagon
This was meaningless
*Scanlator

The mech attacking Malik is safe to kill; I destroyed it on my pacifist run. Be sure to double check the people you put down though. Sometimes they just die, especially from crossfire/mech rocket splash.
Decagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 10:47   Link #326
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Also be very careful that the explosion from the exploding mech doesn't take out any soldiers.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 23:08   Link #327
liquidmetal
procrastinating...

Just finished it and really enjoyed it. Wish you could have slapped
Spoiler for :
liquidmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 16:52   Link #328
Alchemist007
*Author

This is a really annoying and shitty habit from devs/pubs, I just saw the Tong's extra mission for $2.99 on Steam. So ****s who preordered ONLY from certain asshole retailers get it for free? I preordered it too ffs, why should I have to pay for this crap just because it wasn't from Lamestop? Seriously, screw them, and screw anyone else who does this.
Old 2011-09-28, 23:27   Link #329
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I haven't completed the whole game yet, but if there's one 'flaw' I feel particularly irked in HR ( there are many minor things, but it's been said before or negligible ), it's the fact that it really feels as if one or one-and-a-half hubs were cancelled in development.

After Hengsha, it felt like they only kept the lean meat of what they had in mind or could had offered in a wider scope... focusing entirely on the pace of the plot development after that.

I really really wanted Montreal to be a whole hub... and Upper Hengsha to be accessible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
This is a really annoying and shitty habit from devs/pubs, I just saw the Tong's extra mission for $2.99 on Steam. So ****s who preordered ONLY from certain asshole retailers get it for free? I preordered it too ffs, why should I have to pay for this crap just because it wasn't from Lamestop? Seriously, screw them, and screw anyone else who does this.
The mission's not worth it to begin with. There's absolutely nothing interesting about that mission at all other than a little bit of Tracer trivia and a reference to Deus Ex.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-29, 00:08   Link #330
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
I haven't completed the whole game yet, but if there's one 'flaw' I feel particularly irked in HR ( there are many minor things, but it's been said before or negligible ), it's the fact that it really feels as if one or one-and-a-half hubs were cancelled in development.

After Hengsha, it felt like they only kept the lean meat of what they had in mind or could had offered in a wider scope... focusing entirely on the pace of the plot development after that.

I really really wanted Montreal to be a whole hub... and Upper Hengsha to be accessible.
Actually both Montreal and Upper Hengsha was planned to be a complete hub:
http://kotaku.com/5837308/deus-ex-wa...be-even-bigger

I guess if they did it, the game would eat much more HDD space. Not that I mind about it, though.
Old 2011-09-29, 09:56   Link #331
TrueKnight

Fantastic game but the ending sucked balls imho.

Spoiler:

What I read though, is that Squeenix forced the team to rush with the development due to tight deadline, resulting Eidos had to haste the entire damn thing into an incomplete and wtf endings..Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 12:04   Link #332
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
It's true that the game felt "rushed".

The original Deus EX had, iirc

Spoiler:
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 20:05   Link #333
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

Spoiler:
True enough, there was much more content quantity-wise, you can say that about older games in general, especially in the FPS genre. I wonder if that's the result of the change of the gaming industry (like shorter times of production (unconfirmed) , publishers on the developers' tails) or if it's just the higher complexity of modern games. I tend to believe it's the latter. After all, development teams are much bigger these days as well as ever-increasing budgets ... and I'm not talking about marketing expenses here.

Still, I would've loved to have more hubs of course. However, if they really put in the other hubs as they originally planned (Montreal, upper Hengsha, unnamed Indian City) with the same quality of atmosphere, immersiveness, freedom of choice and basically everything that made this game so good, then it's safe to say that we would have had to wait for at least another year for a release.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-30, 22:53   Link #334
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post

Spoiler:
From what I heard though a lot of the layouts were exactly the same.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 00:15   Link #335
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight View Post
Fantastic game but the ending sucked balls imho.

What I read though, is that Squeenix forced the team to rush with the development due to tight deadline, resulting Eidos had to haste the entire damn thing into an incomplete and wtf endings..Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong....
You heard that from a disgruntled Deux Ex fanboy wanting to put the blame on someone. He was particularly upset because Deus Ex HR was nothing like the original Deus Ex. Everything about it is just so watered down and "console-lized" to him.

In his anger, he put the blame on Square Enix. It makes sense to him. A foreign devil company messing up good Western games, especially since Japanese games can't innovate anything! So he posted his thoughts on a forum, and then he went to his facebook profile later on to comment how the recent nuclear incident in Japan is a punishment from God over Pearl Harbour.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 07:27   Link #336
JC...
I am a Pie

Eidos was making the game for four years, it'd be a stretch to continue on for longer, though it would've produced a more complete game. Square wasn't with them from the start.

The original was also unfinished, they essentially cut a third of what would've been in the game.
JC... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-01, 10:33   Link #337
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
From what I heard though a lot of the layouts were exactly the same.
It did not really matter for me. The original game had this sense of "digging deeper" inside the conspiracy and finding out that things your pilot seemingly joked about just happened to be true. I know the word had been abused too much on the internet, but the scope of Deus EX felt "epic" as far as the cyberpunk genre goes. My main source of disappointment with HR was how the ending sequence were executed, in the original you had short cutscenes when JC made his choice. And when he did his choice, he had to go through going back and forth inside Area 51 to do shit.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 00:45   Link #338
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

The Japanese site has been updated, apparently Yuko Kaida voices the sole female Tyrants member of the trio. Atsuko Tanaka may voice either one of the missing scientists or the CEO of Tai Young Medical. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the latter since she is most well known for GiTS and it will only be fitting for her.
Old 2011-10-03, 14:06   Link #339
Sides

Is it me or is this game really short. I am actually disappointed, if i compare it with deus ex, this game does not feel special. At the moment I have the feeling that HR is only a paid demo, and only with DLC, or DLCs, a complete game.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-03, 14:16   Link #340
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Is it me or is this game really short. I am actually disappointed, if i compare it with deus ex, this game does not feel special. At the moment I have the feeling that HR is only a paid demo, and only with DLC, or DLCs, a complete game.
The game's length is around 30 hours, unless you skip side missions and cut corners, and even longer if you play pacifist on highest difficulty. That's quite a bit longer than Deus Ex 1.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote