AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kill La Kill

Notices

View Poll Results: Kill La Kill - Episode 24 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 69 58.97%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 29.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 6.84%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 2.56%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.85%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.85%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-28, 12:48   Link #101
Breimoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
The reason why Ragyo choose to help the life fiber take over the world wasn't really explained. Since humans are just sustenance to the life fibers, Ragyo's actions are clearly self-destructive. So what were her motivations? She found a ball of life fiber yarn and just went full bat-crazy? The life fiber don't seem to be able to communicate, so how did Ragyo figure out their entire plan? It's like she's just there because the show needs a wacko antagonist.
it isnt the one plot hole. Lets hope ova will explain things, at least a few.
Old 2014-03-28, 12:55   Link #102
LeoXiao
思想工作

This show has had the best execution I've seen in a long time. That finale was fantastic. I especially liked that they brought back the old OP in its full form, it was always superior to the second one.
Only complaint is that they cut Satsuki's hair.

EDIT: That being said, this show had it easier because they didn't have to have much make sense, they just had to make it awesome. Had they actually tried to make a story that was halfway serious it would've been much more difficult to pull off.
Old 2014-03-28, 13:02   Link #103
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
The reason why Ragyo choose to help the life fiber take over the world wasn't really explained. Since humans are just sustenance to the life fibers, Ragyo's actions are clearly self-destructive. So what were her motivations? She found a ball of life fiber yarn and just went full bat-crazy? The life fiber don't seem to be able to communicate, so how did Ragyo figure out their entire plan? It's like she's just there because the show needs a wacko antagonist.
She said that generations of Kiryuins were taking care of the life fibers, so it would make sense that after all of that time they figured some things out. We haven't gotten the full story yet, I guess, but regardless since she synched with the original life fiber and was aware of it it would make sense she knew some things other people did not. This is also why Satsuki said at the end that her family legacy was somewhat alleviated.

Also, Senketsu's death was foreshadowed for a while now. It made sense since it was a life fiber, and since it was still a connection to her father. She needed to grow out of it. Kill la Kill has many plot twists that happen instantaneously so I didn't think this happened too quickly compared to other things...

Also, the death flags were obvious once Senketsu could talk to Satsuki.
Old 2014-03-28, 13:04   Link #104
Nilknarf69

I liked the embarrassed Gamagori with flowers at the end, seemingly waiting to see Mako while she's out with Ryuko (with the other ex-divas egging him on!).

On a side-note, I wonder if he'll get his spontaneous growing / shrinking problem checked out by a doctor now he's got more spare time?!
Old 2014-03-28, 13:32   Link #105
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

This show has had its ups and downs but at the end of the day it's been a damn fun ride. Gonna miss this one.
Old 2014-03-28, 13:55   Link #106
ChampDream
Alive

a good ending for a good show, I really like how Satsuki look in normal clothes.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:08   Link #107
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post

Anyhow, I still feel this show was rather overhyped and made out to be this industry wide changing phenomenon that would men grow instant breads and chest hairs just by watching it.
No lone anime show is an industry-wide changer. But some shows are popular/well-selling enough to have some impact at least, inspire new creative trends and/or a few copycats.

Will Kill La Kill do that? Only time will tell, although those 10K+ blu-ray/dvd sales I recall reading about elsewhere does sound promising.

Kill La Kill is pretty distinct in some ways. I can't think of many anime female leads like Ryuko Matoi. I mean, a bold, brash, fiery action-oriented heroine who's pretty close to your conventional shounen hero, just gender-flipped. She makes me think more of Ichigo Kurosaki than she does any female anime character.

Kill La Kill is also a very breezy show. It takes itself just seriously enough for the more dramatic bits to work well, but not so seriously that I can bring myself to really care about things like plot thread loose ends or somewhat underdeveloped antagonists (i.e. Ragyo and her group). I can't think of many anime shows that manage this well - This ideal point between serious and lighthearted where you gain good emotional investment but little intellectual care. It's the ideal point for a fast-paced, "rule of cool", bombastic action-oriented show to be.

All of the above being said, I basically agree with you on how Kill La Kill "was certainly one of top series of last two season thanks to a lot it's unabashed high energy despite the writing faulting some places. So yeah, it's something I'd recommend to anyone with tempered expectations of it's greatness."

If I had to sum up this show in a tag-line way, this would probably be it - Kill La Kill is Concentrated Shounen with a light sprinkling of Magical Girl, representing what Shounen can be at its best.
Old 2014-03-28, 14:26   Link #108
playmaker2k
Nishikino Maki (* ̄▽ ̄*)

You have no idea how happy I am that Satsuki-sama survived this whole thing.

Not only did she survive, but she reunited with her little sister in the most unconventional, heartwarming way; she caught a meteor in human form.

I didn't want to think about it, but for the past few episodes, Satsuki's had a looming death flag over her and I was preparing myself for the worst, but I had faith in her resolve to break that cycle of anime tropes.

For staying loyal, I get rewarded with this:

Spoiler for ...:

I had a theory that Senketsu might be the one to sacrifice himself in the end, maybe it's the fact that he's almost like a father figure to Ryuuko and a symbol for her to move on and live normally like he was a final wish granted by Isshin in clothing form.

The main hint is if you read the lyrics to "Till I Die".

Example: "Cuz I meant to be your piece until I die"

R.I.P Senketsu and Bakuzan (T_T)

Lastly, I've enjoy watching this and I'm gonna feel a bit empty when Thursday comes around.

At least, we still have an OVA on September.

Spoiler for To Based Trigger:

Last edited by playmaker2k; 2014-03-28 at 18:02.
Old 2014-03-28, 16:38   Link #109
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Wow! Just WOW what an ending. It's a shame it's over but it was fun. I was over at reddit and someone posted this and I'm trying to figure out what this person is spotting. But so far no one has answered it Anyone have any clues?

What could this person have seen in the image?

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."
Old 2014-03-28, 16:40   Link #110
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Matoi's panties being burnt off?
Old 2014-03-28, 17:00   Link #111
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Also, Senketsu's death was foreshadowed for a while now. It made sense since it was a life fiber, and since it was still a connection to her father. She needed to grow out of it. Kill la Kill has many plot twists that happen instantaneously so I didn't think this happened too quickly compared to other things...
Senketsu practically says that outright when he says that all girls must grow out of the sailor uniform eventually. I thought that the metaphor was pretty much in your face by that point and subtlety went almost completely out the window
Old 2014-03-28, 17:06   Link #112
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Matoi's panties being burnt off?

Don't know. Dad's ghost? I'm almost compelled to create an account and ask this person.

Old 2014-03-28, 17:23   Link #113
chrno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Senketsu practically says that outright when he says that all girls must grow out of the sailor uniform eventually. I thought that the metaphor was pretty much in your face by that point and subtlety went almost completely out the window
Well, again we all had seen this coming when the whole life fiber fiasco was revealed. If they go then chances are he may as well. Thing is that Junketsu wasn't given much thought. Something came up awhile back or I had thought about it that, would be surprising if Senketsu would have to absorb Junketsu. Of course it happened. Making Senketsu a powerful force. But the whole growing analogy definitely makes the most sense. It's sad but it's very true.

Y'know when they came up with this whole Fashion Week deal, all these themes were there. Ragyo in her life fiber god robe, then looking like a cross between Malificent and Labyrinth. A damn lip stip rocket (that folks said was a dildo, WTF???), transmitter shaped like lips, cutting, wearing, tailoring, threads...and girls saving the world and going on a play date to buy and wear cute clothes.

Old 2014-03-28, 17:30   Link #114
MCAL

Well, in the end a Kill la Kill episode gets that long sought after 10/10.

I don't love Kill la Kill like everyone else and I think its been very overrated (I much prefer Space Dandy), but I never hated it. So an 7/10 for the whole series feels appropriate since it had a good ending.

Also Satsuki for best character.

Last edited by MCAL; 2014-03-28 at 17:48.
Old 2014-03-28, 18:22   Link #115
Rogue66

The ending was satisfying for great show, a shame about senketsu but it happened, the ending theme was nice as well.
Old 2014-03-28, 18:26   Link #116
Key Board
Carbon

To be honest, I'm not sure I understood Ragyo's personal motivation.
If I have to guess, I guess she wanted to be part of something that endures and lasts.
I think, she was looking for some semblance of consistency in this galaxy, and the answer that she personally found was in life fibers.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2014-03-28, 19:56   Link #117
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak3mi View Post
Loved the ending, would of liked if they expanded on the ending with Mako and Gamagoori Great anime was strange at the start, but after a few episodes enjoyed it.
They did, Gamagoori is trying to proposed to Mako:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-03-28, 20:11   Link #118
Romanticide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tales View Post
They did, Gamagoori is trying to proposed to Mako:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Spoiler for 24 talk:
Old 2014-03-28, 20:17   Link #119
Tales
Don't lose you WAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Spoiler for 24 talk:
I thought the date was just "friends hanging out" sort of thing. So I think he's after Mako.
Old 2014-03-28, 20:24   Link #120
VampirePaladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanticide View Post
Spoiler for 24 talk:
I think he is asking out Mako. I wouldn't be surprised if even the characters aren't sure if it is a romantic or platonic date. To me the asking out looked shippy, but the actual date looked more like of a hanging out date between friends. The mind of Mako is incomprehensible to us mere mortals.
Closed Thread

Tags
final episode thread, trigger