AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-14, 03:31   Link #21
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
@marvelB
There's nothing about Mr3's real name in either the summary or the pics.
Luffy just realizes who he is when he sees the hair, and called him "3 (san)" instead of "three", which Mr3 corrects.

Hmm....AP's working just fine for me.

Anyway, like I said, that part about Mr. 3 came from a different summary anyway, so it's probably fake. I still think that would make for a hilarious twist, though. It actually kinda reminds me of the twist with Judge Baskerville from the Enies Lobby arc, when it turned out that the 3 judges are named Bas, Kerville, and Princess respectively.

Heh, I also just noticed that we see the minotaur walking out of the cell where Ace and Jinbei were being held. So it looks like he's guarding level 5 eh...?
Old 2009-01-14, 03:32   Link #22
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Anyway, like I said, that part about Mr. 3 came from a different summary anyway, so it's probably fake. I still think that would make for a hilarious twist, though. It actually kinda reminds me of the twist with Judge Baskerville from the Enies Lobby arc, when it turned out that the 3 judges are named Bas, Kerville, and Princess respectively.
If you think it's fake, don't mix it with the real spoilers.
I know you edited your post, but still.
Old 2009-01-14, 03:36   Link #23
marvelB

Well nonetheless, I further edited my earlier post to eliminate any confusion. Heh, I guess I get a little carried away when I stay up late....
Old 2009-01-14, 03:45   Link #24
chitgoks

yeah. figures to be a great chapter this week. more and more new characters will be shown for sure
Old 2009-01-14, 03:48   Link #25
james0246

Why were Ace and Jinbei placed in the same cell? Does it have something to do with Jinbei's last words? Whatever the case, I found their placement (and brief discussion) to be the most interesting aspect of this chapter/spoiler.

If nothing else, Mr. 3 looks goods with the scruffy look. Can't wait to see physical differences between the other former villains.
Old 2009-01-14, 04:25   Link #26
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

I put a more detailed summary at the usual place.

There was a mistake in Himajin's post on the title of the chapter.
He went by logic, not Oda-logic.

It's not 海峡のジンベエ, but 海侠のジンベエ.
There's no such word, but 侠 normally refers to a manly, honorable, yakuza.
It's a pun on the word, they both read "kaikyou".

"Jinbei, the Yakuza of the Sea" would be my suggestion as translation.
Old 2009-01-14, 04:39   Link #27
Serous

i wonder if Jimbei would help Luffy, since he seems to be locked up.
Old 2009-01-14, 04:57   Link #28
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serous View Post
i wonder if Jimbei would help Luffy, since he seems to be locked up.
Who is Jimbei again i forgot If i recall he did he have something Hancock being freed?
Old 2009-01-14, 05:40   Link #29
Serous

he's one of seven warlords, like hancock. the one your thinking of is fisher, i think.
Old 2009-01-14, 09:07   Link #30
kari-no-sugata

There's a full script out... in Japanese.

I'm not going to translate it, but I read through the Japanese script quickly.

The prison warden is rather quirky.... he likes to eat poison but this seems to cause digestive problems He also has this habit of sighing deeply, breathing out a load of poison gas, particularly on Hannyabal. Just as he's meeting Hancock, he gets a report about an infiltration, and Hancock gets worried that Luffy's been exposed, so turns on the charm on the warden who immediately agrees to take her to see Ace, ignoring the report. In the central monitoring room, they lose contact with the warden - but they still send out a warning to all floors, and also to Marine HQ, and they've recognised Luffy too.

Meanwhile, Luffy has gone Gear 3 and busted up the basilisk, though given that he returns quite quickly to normal, he probably wasn't G3 for long. During the battle, it seems a guard room (or something) got busted and a pile of keys landed on the floor. Some prisoners use this as a chance to unlock things, and Buggy starts encouraging them to go on a massive prison break... but the prisoners are scared of the beasts that are still out there, and figure it's safer to stay in the cage. However, Mr 3 figures this is a good chance, and plans to make use of Luffy and offers to show them the way to level 3.

The end scene with Ace and Jinbei has already been covered - nothing new to add.
Old 2009-01-14, 10:32   Link #31
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I don't know what to think about Jinbei, but the poison breathing warden is definetly akward. I wonder how his subordinates put up that. I could just see him killing his death row inmates by breathing on them.

Mr. 3 actually looks pretty good too.
Old 2009-01-14, 11:26   Link #32
marvelB

I'm loving the warden already. I love how somebody as goofy as him is in charge of the prison (no wonder Hannyabal wants his position so badly!). Still, I'll bet he can be pretty damn scary when he's pissed. I mean, I sure as heck wouldn't mess with a guy who has a poison DF power....

And yeah, "Yakuza of the sea" is a pretty awesome title for Jinbei. In fact, I notice that Oda's introduced a good few gangster-themed characters this past year (Duval, who was actually a former mafia thug, the supernova Capone, who's pretty much self-explanatory, and Kizaru (aka Borsalino), who sort of has a "godfather" motif himself). Of course, I gotta love Jinbei's line at the end of the chapter (must've picked it up from his homeboy Fisher Tiger! ). I'm still assuming that Arlong is also locked up in the prison as well, but obviously not in level 5 with his former captain. I'd say he's most likely to be in level 3 or 4 (mermen are naturally stronger than humans, so they definitely wouldn't be locked up with the weaker prisoners of level 1 or 2).....

Also, I was kinda wondering..... maybe there's a chance that Luffy may fight against Momonga? I mean, I know people mentioned the possibility of Luffy facing off against Garp, but he doesn't seem to be available at the moment (since he obviously has to prepare for Whitebeard). However, we DO still have a present vice-admiral who I'm pretty sure is no pushover (remember, he was one of the few people who actually withstood Hancock's mero mero powers), and now that he's aware of Luffy's presence, I highly doubt he's just going to stand around idly while pirates are causing a prison riot.....
Old 2009-01-14, 12:34   Link #33
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Jimbei finally makes his debut!! What an awesome way to start off 2009, for I really couldn't have asked for a better start than this. Also, I absolutely love his design. He looks so visceral and ferocious which really fits his title of "Yakuza of the sea". Hands down his design is my favorite from the shichibukai.
Old 2009-01-14, 12:40   Link #34
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Is Captain Hawkings going to be there ?
Old 2009-01-14, 13:02   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
Is Captain Hawkings going to be there ?

He should be, yeah. Him, Apoo, Drake and Urouge were all taken out by Kizaru, so they're most likely being tortured by that minotaur in level 5, as well.....

And I think I can guess what's going to happen soon enough: When Magellan gets wind that Luffy's arrived to rescue Ace, he'll most definitely have him relocatated to the floors beyond level 5. Then when Luffy eventually meets up with Jinbei, he'll tell him about Ace and will most likely want to help him in an attempt to stop the war. Then Luffy and his ragtag gang of prison escapees will venture to the deepest levels of the prison to face off against the strongest prison bosses.....

Oh, and back to Magellan, I love his line when he steps out of the bathroom. "That was a truly furious battle!"
Old 2009-01-14, 13:08   Link #36
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Still no summary yet, however.....

Spoiler:

Yep, looks like all of those 2-week breaks paid off after all.

Edit: Okay, there's a small summary out:

-Luffy and Buggy encounter a basilisk in level 2. Looking at the pics, it looks like Luffy goes Gear 3 on that sucka.

-Luffy meets with Mr. 3. He accompanies Luffy and Buggy to level 3.

-Hancock meets with the warden Magellan (yay, my hopes came true! Judging from that pic of him he looks like a gargoyle....). Magellan has the powers of the doku doku (poison) fruit. He can emit poison gas from his mouth. Hancock uses her Mero Mero powers on him (lol) so he can take her to Ace as soon as possible.

-Jinbei is locked up with Ace in level 5. Like Ace, he's also at death's border, but says that he doesn't mind dying if it will prevent the war from coming to pass.....

Ha ha ha,,,, wow. I love the designs for Jinbei and Magellan. Jinbei most definitely looks one fierce mofo. And... a poison fruit? That's some pretty hardcore s*** right there. And geez, Luffy got through level 2 faster than level 1! Guess Oda is really eager to show off the more crazier levels if that's the case. Well, I'm most definitely looking forward to the full chapter now!
My review: It's good that we finally get to see Jinbei. Of course compared to his silhouette I never expected that some of his hair would make him look like a samauri. With Magellan it's my first time hearing about him but what really took me by surprise is that he has a poison type devil fruit. < "WHOA"
And I knew we'd be having ALL floors of impel down be focused in the entire arc.
Old 2009-01-14, 13:59   Link #37
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
So is there any actual REASON why it took so long to actually SHOW Jinbei? Or was Oda just kind of playing around with his readers when he made that a conscious decision? Oh well, I really can't wait for this chapter to come out, and I was hoping it would be early, but hey, at least it's finally coming out!
Old 2009-01-14, 16:03   Link #38
ellifeedn
Thinker

Since Jinbei is a fishman, what fish is he?
Old 2009-01-14, 16:18   Link #39
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Since Jinbei is a fishman, what fish is he?

He's a whale shark, which is actually what his name means in Japanese, anyway. It's even confirmed in his intro box.
Old 2009-01-14, 17:27   Link #40
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
So is there any actual REASON why it took so long to actually SHOW Jinbei? Or was Oda just kind of playing around with his readers when he made that a conscious decision? Oh well, I really can't wait for this chapter to come out, and I was hoping it would be early, but hey, at least it's finally coming out!
Well considering Jimbei is in Impel Down, there would be no real reason to show Impel Down especially since the previous arcs had nothing to do with Impel Down before. Now that we're on the Impel Down arc, it's the perfect chance.

Jimbei is probably willing to help out Luffy especially since Luffy is trying to help out Ace. Don't think he really cares who gets free as long as Ace is free.