AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-12-29, 11:35   Link #3421
Eratas123

They look kinda.....baby faced. Not that the new art style is a bad thing, it just looks kinda odd after the old art.
Old 2012-12-29, 13:41   Link #3422
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Sanders View Post
so, the re is 75% chance the first anime will be shown again entitled " Infinite Stratos: Reboot", don with CHOCO's illustrations.

...... What? You realize that as long as the anime rights are settled, the same company can continue the IS series?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 15:22   Link #3423
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Yes, it may be relevant to note that the merchandise produced for C83 uses the anime artstyle, so there's no reason to expect that to change at all. They also announced that the (old) anime would be shown at the event in April, so I'm sure they have the rights issues worked out at this point. (But that's probably why it took so long before they could make this announcement.)

So I don't think the novel announcement has any impact on the anime, beyond the fact that this should make it possible to produce a second season if they want (and I think many of us are expecting that is what this is leading to).
Old 2012-12-29, 15:41   Link #3424
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Yes, it may be relevant to note that the merchandise produced for C83 uses the anime artstyle, so there's no reason to expect that to change at all. They also announced that the (old) anime would be shown at the event in April, so I'm sure they have the rights issues worked out at this point. (But that's probably why it took so long before they could make this announcement.)

So I don't think the novel announcement has any impact on the anime, beyond the fact that this should make it possible to produce a second season if they want (and I think many of us are expecting that is what this is leading to).
Its all good that the Light Novel is now progressing again. If a second season of anime is being made, all I hope for is that they do it right. They changed some stuff of the Light Novel and some areas the animation felt out of place in the first season. I seriously wonder about anime these days.

Whatever happen to the days where anime was made seriously and depicted the information accurately from its original source?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:44   Link #3425
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Its all good that the Light Novel is now progressing again. If a second season of anime is being made, all I hope for is that they do it right. They changed some stuff of the Light Novel and some areas the animation felt out of place in the first season. I seriously wonder about anime these days.

Whatever happen to the days where anime was made seriously and depicted the information accurately from its original source?
Although you might wanna blame 8bit for somewhat "butchering" IS in regards to adaptation inaccuracies, at least they did it decently even though it's their first anime production.

Still, it's so sad that Infinite Stratos has to defect from Media Factory to Overlap. It would be worse if Kadokawa stepped in and take over the latter...
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:56   Link #3426
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I'll have to say one thing: Yumizuru has been whinging previously about not being able to take IS in the direction he really wanted. Well, now that you're with Overlap, I'd like to see him put his money where hs mouth it--given that Overlap has a slightly different track record for LNs.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 20:57   Link #3427
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
I'll have to say one thing: Yumizuru has been whinging previously about not being able to take IS in the direction he really wanted.
Blood, gore, bones, and more blood?

I would love that.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:00   Link #3428
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Ichika: "Oi, oi! This isn't--that other mehca harem anime, the one where aliens eat high school girls, you know!"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:02   Link #3429
Sumeragi
Banned

No no, more like I wonder what Madoka might do.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:03   Link #3430
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:

I would love that.
Some how I doubt it.

However much his editors might want him to cater to the harem crowd, I highly doubt they would have him avoid this sort of thing and reuse plot devices three times... aka playing it super safe.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:11   Link #3431
Sumeragi
Banned

You mean something like the Élysée Treaty being beaten to a pulp wouldn't be what the editors would want to prevent?
Old 2012-12-29, 21:17   Link #3432
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
You mean something like the Élysée Treaty being beaten to a pulp wouldn't be what the editors would want to prevent?
All I'm saying is that there's a big gap from that, to what we ended up having
Old 2012-12-29, 21:22   Link #3433
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
All I'm saying is that there's a big leap from that to what we ended up having
I am guessing you want more action or something like a real antagonist in the story line. As far as I know, there haven't been a real antagonist in the story until now which is appearing to be this Squall Meusel and her organization. Looks like the story is becoming more serious so don't worry. Well looks like we need to wait a couple of months to find out.

I like this Novel, but I never knew what cause the delay of the releases of new volumes. Can anyone explain to me why there was a change in companies or publishers?
Old 2012-12-29, 21:28   Link #3434
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I am guessing you want more action or something like a real antagonist in the story line. As far as I know, there haven't been a real antagonist in the story until now which is appearing to be this Squall Meusel and her organization. Looks like the story is becoming more serious so don't worry. Well looks like we need to wait a couple of months to find out.
Hmmm... Not exactly what I meant though... I was referring to more than just the action sequence, but rather his 'style' as a whole.

Quote:
I like this Novel, but I never knew what cause the delay of the releases of new volumes. Can anyone explain to me why there was a change in companies or publishers?
Essentially the Author has been falling behind on the date lines, and then a bunch of other unprofessional behavior.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:40   Link #3435
blackwhite67
Banned

We are likely to see some changes in the mecha design and has anyone noticed that Ichika is wearing a tie in the new design?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 21:45   Link #3436
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
We are likely to see some changes in the mecha design and has anyone noticed that Ichika is wearing a tie in the new design?
I wish for relationship progression. 7 volumes in and Ichika is still clueless over the females affection over him.
Old 2012-12-29, 21:59   Link #3437
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Wait why does it get rebooted?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 22:08   Link #3438
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Wait why does it get rebooted?
Well Chaos said the author was falling behind on deadlines and had unprofessional behavior, (by the way Chaos, can you be more specific, unprofessional behavior could mean a lot of things). Resulting in the publisher to get angry and such so for the author to continue releasing volumes he had to switch to a new one.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:19   Link #3439
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
I'm not sure what "days" you're referring to -- if anything, anime adaptations of light novels have been getting even more loyal to the source material and treated even more "seriously" than in the past. The anime was wildly successful (along with the novels), and that's no doubt why they're reviving it. I'm not sure exactly how extensive the changes from the novels were, but I don't think the evidence suggests they were so horrible or egregious that they completely changed what made the franchise popular in the first place.

Quote:
Well Chaos said the author was falling behind on deadlines and had unprofessional behavior, (by the way Chaos, can you be more specific, unprofessional behavior could mean a lot of things). Resulting in the publisher to get angry and such so for the author to continue releasing volumes he had to switch to a new one.
I'm not sure if that's really the true cause, and the fact is we'll never really know. It was also said at some point that the dispute may have been about royalty fees due on overseas merchandise. In the end, disputes between authors and their publishers aren't so uncommon (especially once a franchise becomes a big hit), and there isn't necessarily just one side to blame. It may be interesting to note that Overlap is itself a company formed by former Media Factory employees, so the dispute may have been more wide-reaching than anything just involving this one author.
Old 2012-12-29, 22:29   Link #3440
Eratas123

Is this a reboot or what? I assumed he was making Volume 8.

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen