AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2014-02-19, 18:35   Link #5021
Alchemist007
*Author

Unexpected in a good sorta way.
Old 2014-02-19, 20:35   Link #5022
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

Chap 569

so cooool I really love this chapter Rukia begin very strong But As Nodt is really ...... monstrous horrific >x<
Old 2014-02-19, 21:28   Link #5023
Calca
Expressionless

I just heard Kubo confirmed in an interview Byakuya was supposed to die but didn't kill him due to fan backlash.

This is disappointing that Kubo would give in to the fangirls.
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 22:00   Link #5024
Taco Bell
Gordita's for Everyone

Cant As Nodt just steal Rukia's bankai. She wasn't around when Urahara gave out the pills.
Taco Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-19, 23:28   Link #5025
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Bell View Post
Cant As Nodt just steal Rukia's bankai. She wasn't around when Urahara gave out the pills.
She's a lieutenant now. All captains and lieutenants got them. Ikkaku would be screwed, though. Not that they would need to steal his broke-ass Bankai...

Or know that he's unprotected, now that I think about it.
Old 2014-02-20, 00:18   Link #5026
Langus
Optimus Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Well it is good that rukia does get her development; but the trolling leaves a sour taste. Like the simple question why she didn't just use her bankai before to finish him off... Or how freezing nodt with her Bankai can be more effective than freezing him with Absolute Zero; cause if Absolute Zero doesn't work then freezing shouldn't really work at all since you can't get any colder than that.

I find Rukia getting her Bankai to be much more forgivable then Kubo's use of trolling to build drama. I guess what's so annoying about Kubo's trolling is how it kinda relies on the characters just temporarily taking hold of the idiot ball long enough for them to look bad, so that they can come out on top in the following chapter... they could have just skipped right to the part where they kick butt; but no they have to play at being weak just to heighten the drama... I mean that's what Aizen did; he practically allowed himself to repeatedly loose just so he could one up everyone the next chapter. That got annoying real fast. its like an artificial way to heighten tension where none should be... Cause the characters are not really in danger as we see; they only look like it because they were holding back for the sake of drama.

Seeing Rukia beat Nodt the first time felt GREAT; very satisfying... seeing her do it a second time after trolling? not so much because of that sour taste. Would have been SO much happier if this fight ended two chapters ago.
^ This. 100% agree!
Old 2014-02-20, 02:28   Link #5027
Knjaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
<...> Or how freezing nodt with her Bankai can be more effective than freezing him with Absolute Zero; cause if Absolute Zero doesn't work then freezing shouldn't really work at all since you can't get any colder than that.
<...>.
I guess it's not just about temperature. She did freeze As Nodt in absolute zero back then - but she didn't free her deep enough. As well as don't forget the "reiatsu battle" aspect, where strong reiatsu of As Nodt will be negating some of Rukia's freezing/power - we're not talking about combat between human beings.
Knjaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 03:07   Link #5028
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

LOL just realized this. It would be incorrect, but they should totally translate Rukia's Bankai as "White Guilt"...
Old 2014-02-20, 04:29   Link #5029
Tornado The Dragon
A.K.A Big Brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Good thing Mr. Piccolo came to guide Krillin---->Gohan(?)
lol true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
Rukia get's a bankai. So which captain is gonna die off so she get's the spot, is it going to be Ukitake?
Will he finally succumb to his god knows how long illness he has been having? Will Kubo put him out of his misery for once?
Heck will he use his bankai then die? (most likely)
Or will he die without using bankai even once, then after bleach ends Kubo makes a side-story of Ukitake and his bankai adventures. (more likely just to milk more money after his series ends)
Maybe Hitsugaya dies so Rukia can take his spot as the "ice" user. I remember the good old days where Hyorinmaru used to control the weather.... not be known for making ice and using ice for everything.
I don't want Uki to die one of my faves. Unless it is in an epic way taking down like 3+ stern ritters at once.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
I just heard Kubo confirmed in an interview Byakuya was supposed to die but didn't kill him due to fan backlash.

Pfft. Guess Kubo is a chicken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
I think the images were deleted because they contained links to websites that scan mangas and those are not allowed. When I want to put an image I just copy from the website, save it to my computer, remove any trace to from the website and upload it.

Nevertheless, you guys completely missed a chance to make a "The Heart" joke.
Well thanks for the pro tip.

And sorry didn't think of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
what else is new? i cant think of a character in this series who hasn't gone full retard at one point or another
Urahara, Yhwach (so far), and maybe Aizen (if his outburst was a part of his plan as well...). That's about it.
Old 2014-02-20, 05:01   Link #5030
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
I don't want Uki to die one of my faves. Unless it is in an epic way taking down like 3+ stern ritters at once.
Badass display, going Bankai, taking out three or four Sternritters at once and saving someone important (probably Kyouraku), only for him to start coughing up blood (complete with blood-puking silhouette) after which we find out that he knew going in that summoning his Bankai one last time would kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado The Dragon View Post
Urahara, Yhwach (so far), and maybe Aizen (if his outburst was a part of his plan as well...). That's about it.
Urahara almost got himself and all the nakama killed in Hueco Mundo during the first Vandenreich invasion. Not to mention allowing Mayuri anywhere near the Gotei 13's science division, much less leaving him in a position to be put in charge of it...

Yhwach left Ichigo (and Aizen) alive at the end of that invasion (though one or both of those may have been according to keikaku*).

Aizen was too stupid to realize, after he'd spent the last 20-30 chapters talking about how he'd advanced too far for normal Shinigami to detect his reiatsu, the reason why he couldn't detect FGT!Ichigo's reiatsu, even as he was getting his ass kicked.

*keikaku means "plan"
Old 2014-02-20, 10:24   Link #5031
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Hakka no Togame was translated as "White Mist Sentence".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 12:34   Link #5032
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Urahara almost got himself and all the nakama killed in Hueco Mundo during the first Vandenreich invasion. Not to mention allowing Mayuri anywhere near the Gotei 13's science division, much less leaving him in a position to be put in charge of it...
also he didn't use his full power against aizen. most of the captain level people didn't ..for some reason that I'm sure has nothing to do with plot convenience

Quote:
Yhwach left Ichigo (and Aizen) alive at the end of that invasion (though one or both of those may have been according to keikaku*).
yea. he's also too new a character. give him time. he'll get dumber and dumber i'm sure

Quote:
Aizen was too stupid to realize, after he'd spent the last 20-30 chapters talking about how he'd advanced too far for normal Shinigami to detect his reiatsu, the reason why he couldn't detect FGT!Ichigo's reiatsu, even as he was getting his ass kicked.
what exactly was the point of creating the espada? if he wanted to kill the shinigami he could have done it at almost any time. if he wanted to make ichigo stronger he could have done it himself. why did he trust gin when he didn't need him at all? this list of questions can go on forever. aizen's plans are so convoluted that they appear smart, but when you break them down they are idiotic
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 15:13   Link #5033
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post

What interview?

Anyway, re: chapter:

Never have I ever been so happy to be proven wrong by Kubo: GO RUKIA GO!

Don't fuck this up Kubo. PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAASSSSEEEEEEEEEEEE don't fuck this up...at least let Rukia have one decent fight....
Old 2014-02-20, 15:15   Link #5034
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Rukia's bankai:
- It freezes my body and it becomes even more dead than before, and anything I look at/think of freezes up and insta-dies.
- So, how's Ichigo?
- Huh, haven't seen him around...wait.

*and so, Ichigo dies off-panel* THE END!!!!!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-20, 16:37   Link #5035
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Hakka no Togame was translated as "White Mist Sentence".
Ugh... "White" is fine, as "hakka" certainly implies "white". "Sentence", while not correct, is at least similar to "blame" or "rebuke", which is what "togame" means. The only thing hinting at a "mist" is possibly the way it appears in the manga (though arguably it doesn't). It's nowhere in the original Japanese. Poor translation.
Old 2014-02-21, 05:02   Link #5036
bonsobon

Anyone know how long it took Rukia to obtain her bankai? Did she actually train for it or was it just given to her?
bonsobon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 15:27   Link #5037
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonsobon View Post
Anyone know how long it took Rukia to obtain her bankai? Did she actually train for it or was it just given to her?
Well, presumably she had to train to some degree. Even Ichigo didn't have his Bankai "given" to him. Renji's apparent complete control over his drastically new Bankai does suggest that the RG does have some way of accelerating the training required to use a Bankai properly.

As for "how long" it took Rukai to gain hers, it seems difficult to believe that Rukia was very far along with her advancement before the 17-month timeskip and her promotion to Lieutenant.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2014-02-21 at 16:04.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-21, 20:16   Link #5038
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Aizen's immortal. So you can't really fault Yhwach for not killing him...though I doubt he would've anyways since it seems like he has reasons for leaving the war potentials alive. Guess we'll have to wait and see whether those reasons are enough to make him out to be just another dummy or not.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 04:38   Link #5039
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Where is Ichigo by the way?

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-26, 04:43   Link #5040
Excelion

He's on Snake Way (wish I was joking)
Excelion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags