AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-05-16, 11:59   Link #1
CaiSter21

Da Capo II

so since D.C. II is about to come out soon this month, does that mean that there is possibly going to be an anime adaptation of this?

im really hoping there is!!!
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 12:14   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
so since D.C. II is about to come out soon this month, does that mean that there is possibly going to be an anime adaptation of this?

im really hoping there is!!!
I can only assume you are not talking about Da Capo Second Season, so what do you mean by Da Capo II?
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-16, 12:20   Link #3
CaiSter21

http://www.darkmirage.com/2006/04/18/117/

go there to find out

its basically an entirely new game set in the future where yui'ichi is a grandfather
Old 2006-05-16, 14:29   Link #4
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

o good godz...... run away while you still have a soul
Old 2006-05-16, 20:40   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

See also the D.C. II Game Thread, where the fanboy faithful have been gathering all the known info. The game is being touted as Circus's biggest production yet. Anime is not announced, but I'm still betting on Summer 2007.

Note: For people who don't follow links, Junichi is not the main character. It's a whole new cast, though Junichi has a sort of cameo role.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 06:46   Link #6
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs
Vampie Walrus. Big fangs

I was suprised to run into Sakura in the demo. Still... looks... the exact... same.

All in all I'm very unimpressed with the girls. Tho it will take a full game and not just a demo to get me familiar with them.
Dragnfly@Gamefaqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 09:02   Link #7
Calca
Expressionless

Two Nemu-esque people?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-17, 12:17   Link #8
CaiSter21

yes, not one, but two!!!
that means double the "mou, nii-san!!"
Old 2006-05-17, 12:35   Link #9
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The talk has been around the forum for a while - and imo the new game probably will turn out to be a anime, just like how To Heart 2 was to the original.
Old 2006-05-18, 03:16   Link #10
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
yes, not one, but two!!!
that means double the "mou, nii-san!!"
Not quite! One "Nii-san" and one "Ototo-kun"! (And, for what it's worth, even some "Nemu-haters" seem to like the granddaughters' personalities a bit better, so give 'em a chance. )
Old 2006-05-19, 08:12   Link #11
Catnips

For sure the anime version of D.C II will be released alongside with the PS2 game version next year(i hope so.....)For now i'd rather check the game itself first...
Catnips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 13:10   Link #12
eggplant
Eggplant

Just saw an interesting TV special program called Moe no Jidai (Times of Moe) D.C. II ~Da Capo II~, exploring the phemenon known as moe, and using Da Capo as its metaphor.

The show was actually part two, where the previous episode centered on the general aspect of moe, citing terms as Akihabara, maid cafes, and bishoujo games (not that I was expecting TV people to use to the word "eroge"), and running a footage of the midnight retail launch of D.C. II.

In part two, the overall topic is that moe is construed to originate from the Da Capo game series, where we get to have a look behind the scenes of the creators of the works, namely Circus. Yep, we get to be introduced to the lovable Circus chairman Totoro Danchou (Matsumura Kazutoshi) and his staff, and the Circus office in Saitama.

Noting that these kinds of programs are produced with the cooperation of the subject of issue, I completely took all of the comments with a grain of salt, although it was interesting to see the kind of setup Circus had, a quite down to earth type of atmosphere. I was sort of appalled that they called Totoro the guru of moe, though.

The latter part of the show centered on the rookie seiyuus for D.C. II, which was surpising, noting the eroge classification of the game. I mean, it is standard practice for seiyuus to use psuedonyms for ero-games (D.C. II is not an exception with notables such as Nabatame Hitomi, Mizuhashi Kaori, Itou Shizuka, Aoki Sayaka, Hitomi in the mix), and these newbies are being interviewed on TV (although Kids Station is a cable/satellite station, it can be viewed nationwide).

Are these newbie seiyuus from Rams? (Caveat: A seiyuu agency that originated as a TV production company, which produced this show as well as many other anime/seiyuu related programs, inciting the irk of anime fans with week after week of inundated advertisement and coverage of their incumbent seiyuu) Rams and Da Capo have a deep relationship with both anime adaptations casting two of their seiyuu for leading roles (Nogawa Sakura and Miyazaki Ui) after all. A precursor for another anime series?

Although the program's title mentions D.C. II, it hardly probes into the contents of the game itself. Instead, it's a message to be sent out to the world: Moe is Da Capo! Chariman Totoro spoke about his visions to expand Circus internationally, so if the overseas market sees enough moe to make it a viable business, you may see titles such as D.C. and Suika at your local retailer shelf in the near future.

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-16, 14:28   Link #13
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

I hope they animate that soon. I like the previous Da Capo, so I'm waiting for this one, too. Nemu FTW
Old 2006-06-16, 14:48   Link #14
eggplant
Eggplant

Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
I hope they animate that soon. I like the previous Da Capo, so I'm waiting for this one, too. Nemu FTW
A new series would be great on the premise that there's some character development and a plausible conclusion to the story, especially if it's going to be stretched out for half a year.

Which reminds me, there will be a D.C.S.S. fan event this upcoming July. I mean, barring the fact the some seiyuu are quite busy year around (notably Nogawa Sakura and Horie Yui), why would they hold an event more than six months after a show has finished airing?

My hunch is that there will be an announcment during this event. As this will be an D.C.S.S. event, it would make sense to announce a new anime series, perhaps for D.C. II.
Of course, this is merely a wild hunch, and I've been proven wrong before, but where lies the significance in conducting an event for an old series without introducing new material?

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 06:33   Link #15
bluemist
i am the mist

^ If I would have wished for any announcement to happen on that D.C.S.S. fan event, it would be announcing additional D.C. anime for the girls that were left out (the D.C.P.S. girls). They shouldn't leave the first DC generation without some Kanae wuv, it's so unfair! (hehe)

I think this is way ahead of time. I won't expect a Da Capo II anime until next year. But I think with the popularity of D.C., it is just a matter of "when".
Old 2006-06-18, 12:26   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
I think this is way ahead of time. I won't expect a Da Capo II anime until next year. But I think with the popularity of D.C., it is just a matter of "when".
I agree completely. I think this they might announce the new anime, but I wouldn't expect it to actually arrive until next Summer. Every two years seems like a pretty good pace, in my opinion. Moe may be D.C., but there is such thing as overkill.

Edit: Speaking of announcements, though... with yozuca* and rino performing as guests of honour at Anime Expo, could that mean...? Hmm...

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2006-06-18 at 13:37.
Old 2007-05-08, 05:54   Link #17
capture
Saber's Husband XD

Send a message via Yahoo to capture
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
D.C. II (Da Capo II)

Broadcast: TBA

Based on the PC game (annoucement of PS2 release simultaneously made) by Circus, sequel to the anime D.C. ~Da Capo~ and D.C.S.S. ~Da Capo Second Season~.

Genre: Comedy, Romance, Drama, Supernatural

Synopsis: (excerpt from the D.C. II Wikipedia entree)

Source: Comptiq June 2007 issue, on sale May 10th.

Details will be posted once available.

Existing AnimeSuki thread for D.C. II:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?p=562237
Tnx Eggplant for the info...

now it will be animated
Old 2007-05-08, 08:43   Link #18
Kyuusaisha

Who of the females in the game is the lead?
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 08:58   Link #19
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Heh, we all knew an anime adaptation was going to happen --- the real question was when, and now we have that wonderful answer.

I can't wait for this one, hope the musical score will be done by Nanase Hikaru, the artist behind the first two series.
Old 2007-05-08, 09:00   Link #20
Areguzanda
Ecchi!

more D.C ??
Way!!

Areguzanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, romance, school life, seinen