~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:08   Link #11802
ImperialFlameGod8190

new chapters out
Spoiler for 353:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:41   Link #11803
Casshern

Ice Demon-Slayer, that will mean a lot to Gray.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 07:09   Link #11804
Eragon
Still Alive

Hugh Jackman is in Fairy Tail
Old 2013-09-27, 07:51   Link #11805
immblueversion

Well, wasn't this an abnormal arc? The biggest baddie Natsu got to take down was a "bird", and we don't even know what it was or why it was there. In fact, why was Succubus Eye there to begin with? It's also weird knowing how short the arc was, almost as short as the Lullaby arc. Guess them's the benefits of not writing in more characters than you can handle.

Looking back, it probably would've been weird to have a final throwdown between Erza and Minerva in such a little arc, so having Minnie get away as evil and bitchy as ever was probably a good call. This story needs recurring villains, methinks.

Not really surprised to know Atlas Flame was dead all along, seeing how Wendy, our little dragon-ghost whisperer, was the first one to sense him.

And I'm really glad to know the whole "turning into a child" subplot was not a phoned-in excuse to bring Ultear back, at least so soon. And I think it's safe to say that Hiro has successfully axed another character, even if it was an embodiment of Zeref's magic made to be destroyed.

And last but not least, this Silver guy. ...I'm tempted to say he's related to Gray. The grave may be his wife's, and we never did find out if Gray's parents were actually killed. Plus, just look at the resemblance. And let's face it, Gray is clearly supposed to be Musica, so why not give him a dad named "Silver"?

I just know what you should be doing.
immblueversion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 08:41   Link #11806
Pinwheel10
WHOOSH!

Finally a member of Tartaros shows himself. Although he kind of looks like Gildarts. He looks better with his back turned I'm not impressed by Mashima's character designs for this arc... It's like he's running out of ideas and he's being forced to recycle.
Old 2013-09-27, 10:38   Link #11807
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
And let's face it, Gray is clearly supposed to be Musica, so why not give him a dad named "Silver"?
Mashima is definitely doing that one on purpose :P

Anyway, Atlas flame was dead all along and was apparently taken out by a demon slayer, hereby dubbed DeS to avoid confusion! No clue as to -why- he was killed, however...but the story goes on. Zeref's Overdrive is called E.N.D., a magic that Igneel failed to stop 400 years ago...let's see if he's going to fire it up once more.

Silver is the first introduced member of Tartarus, but since he's going to a 9-person meeting, there are at least another 8 out there who are most likely just as strong. Minerva wants to plunge the world into darkness...cute (not).
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:14   Link #11808
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Mashima is definitely doing that one on purpose :P

Anyway, Atlas flame was dead all along and was apparently taken out by a demon slayer, hereby dubbed DeS to avoid confusion! No clue as to -why- he was killed, however...but the story goes on. Zeref's Overdrive is called E.N.D., a magic that Igneel failed to stop 400 years ago...let's see if he's going to fire it up once more.

Silver is the first introduced member of Tartarus, but since he's going to a 9-person meeting, there are at least another 8 out there who are most likely just as strong. Minerva wants to plunge the world into darkness...cute (not).
I'm fairly certain Atlas Flame was long dead by the time Silver found him, and his ghost or magical presence is what Silver was trying to exorcise. That's what I think the translators meant when he said "I am no longer of this world. But that is something from the distant past."

Now, as for the next chapter title, "Effy Artis", I wonder what it could mean. It's most likely a person's name, maybe one of the other Kings of Ishgal, or another member of Tartaros. I find the latter to be likely, because while I was trying to figure out just how to spell this name in Japanese, I speculate that it may actually be a corruption of the Greek name Ephialtes (エフィアルティス Efiarutisu), like Ephialtes of Trachis. So...maybe it'd be "Ephi Altes"?

Old 2013-09-27, 11:38   Link #11809
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

So the Eternal Flame was the surviving remnants of Atlas Flame. And now Natsu has a target - E.N.D. I'm gonna start hunting for cool-sounding 'e' words that Mashima hasn't used before.

Silver would be Ul's husband... >.> That would give Gray sufficient anger to try and whup Silver for abandoning both his wife and daughter to their fates while he gallivanted across the world for unknown reasons. And he does look like a relative of Gildartz - like a brother. He looks closer to Gale Glory than Gildtz does though...
Old 2013-09-27, 13:34   Link #11810
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Now, as for the next chapter title, "Effy Artis", I wonder what it could mean.
Most likely Efialtis, thought I suspect it having the literal meaning of nightmare and possibly being what the E in E.N.D. stands for.
Old 2013-09-28, 02:27   Link #11811
Fwarlord

So now we have dragon slayers, god slayers and devil slayers, but only dragons and devils have appeared. I wonder when will Mashima introduce us the gods? Or something else will appear, like human slayers?
Fwarlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 15:54   Link #11812
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't think human slayers need any special skill to do their thing, humans are pretty fragile
Old 2013-09-28, 23:58   Link #11813
ellessarr
Banned

after read this chapter and see that "silver guy i get a awesome and crazy theory

silver is ultear and gray dad!!!!

why??? here the points

what we know about ul was which she tried to raise alone ultear, her dad left ul alone before she have ultear, this means which maybe he dont know which she was pregnant and leave ul before she told to him

then he meet a new woman and fall in love again and marry her(gray mother), then lived with then until deliora appear and start to destroy the city, silver tried to fight deliora to protect his familiy but fail due to not being strong enough, but not really died, but making gray and his mother thinking which his died, then to protect gray her mother used herself as a bait for gray run or hidden him and also ended dying, then gray survived thinking which both father and mother died and without know which he have a "big sister" ultear.

then after what happened silver get healed and started to learn "demon/devil slayer magic because of the loss of his family.

then gray and ultear are sibilings

a clue about this was mashima twitter few months ago talking about which he still have "sibilings to reveal" in the series.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 10:36   Link #11814
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
a clue about this was mashima twitter few months ago talking about which he still have "sibilings to reveal" in the series.
Wut.

First time I heard this little tidbit. I knew he was working on a new character, but I've heard nothing of siblings...

Old 2013-09-29, 10:56   Link #11815
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Wut.

First time I heard this little tidbit. I knew he was working on a new character, but I've heard nothing of siblings...
i dont rememeber if it was on july or August but he write on his twitter which still have a pair of sibilings to be revealed in future, or could be angel and yukino or a possibility now of being gray and ultear(blood related by silver).
Old 2013-09-29, 11:11   Link #11816
G147

Isn't it Simon and Kagura?
G147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 11:50   Link #11817
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
That was in January. How old is this tweet?

And it has occurred to me that he may bring back the Sorano/Yukino thing in a way everyone is gonna see coming. So it's like, might as well not beat around the bush with this one.

Old 2013-09-29, 15:01   Link #11818
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by G147 View Post
no, that info about possible sibilings was after this, i dont remember now the exactly when(was another guy which bring this news in mangafox site, but was after this.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:54   Link #11819
Azulay
Materialize!

Dad?

Spoiler:
Azulay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:07   Link #11820
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Silver: *see's Gray from a distance* Hnnn? My daughter cut her hair to look like a guy?

Gray: I AM A GUY!!

Silver: .... -.- ... she got a sex change too?

Gray: I'LL KILL YOU OLD MAN...

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen